CROSBY HEAD COACH HAS RESIGNED

Will people quit talking like crosby is some talent mill. How many kids have gone d1 from crosby the last four years it like a handfull. They get beat because they think they are more talented than they are. Face it crosby you were a 6-5 team thats it. I actually think your coach did a good job considering what he has.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118882" timestamp="1321379557"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118876#msg1118876 date=1321379364]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118874#msg1118874 date=1321379203]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118863#msg1118863 date=1321378902]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118861#msg1118861 date=1321378802]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118850#msg1118850 date=1321378341]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....
[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.
[/quote]I have to disagree.. You have to have a reason to fire a full time employee after they have been employed for at least 90 days.
[/quote]

But, he resigned...

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1119341" timestamp="1321403202"]
Will people quit talking like crosby is some talent mill. How many kids have gone d1 from crosby the last four years it like a handfull. They get beat because they think they are more talented than they are. Face it crosby you were a 6-5 team thats it. I actually think your coach did a good job considering what he has.
[/quote]about as much as Dayton....3-4 a year go and play at the next level...
there was only one team that I thought had more talent... Dawson.. we had the talent to beat every team this year except them I think.....

He resigned after the ultimatum he was given. He was given the choice that he could stay the AD and give up coaching or coach this year and resign. For the kids at Crosbys sake I hope they find another good coach to replace him and hopefully a coach that implements discipline because Crosby really lacked it over the past few years! Just look how some of the kids acted after a clearly more disciplined Vidor team beat the pretty bad and hope the new coach teaches them to put the TEAM 1st because that has been very clear that it was all about individuals. Just goes to show what a few bad apples will do.

[quote name="coug4ever" post="1119409" timestamp="1321407425"]
He resigned after the ultimatum he was given. He was given the choice that he could stay the AD and give up coaching or coach this year and resign. For the kids at Crosbys sake I hope they find another good coach to replace him and hopefully a coach that implements discipline because Crosby really lacked it over the past few years! Just look how some of the kids acted after a clearly more disciplined Vidor team beat the pretty bad and hope the new coach teaches them to put the TEAM 1st because that has been very clear that it was all about individuals. Just goes to show what a few bad apples will do.
[/quote]apples don't fall far from the tree... It is hard to change the way kids think.... Don't you think Flanigan was doing that???  It is hard to change a mentality...  It has to start at the lower levels... 

[quote name="hitman009" post="1119415" timestamp="1321407689"]
[quote author=coug4ever link=topic=91601.msg1119409#msg1119409 date=1321407425]
[/quote]apples don't fall far from the tree... It is hard to change the way kids think.... Don't you think Flanigan was doing that???  It is hard to change a mentality...  It has to start at the lower levels...
[/quote]

No, it really should start at Home!

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1119432" timestamp="1321408087"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1119415#msg1119415 date=1321407689]
[quote author=coug4ever link=topic=91601.msg1119409#msg1119409 date=1321407425]
[/quote]

No, it really should start at Home!
[/quote]AMEN!! you are right!! 

[quote name="hitman009" post="1119403" timestamp="1321407240"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=91601.msg1119341#msg1119341 date=1321403202]
[/quote]about as much as Dayton....3-4 a year go and play at the next level...
there was only one team that I thought had more talent... Dawson.. we had the talent to beat every team this year except them I think.....
[/quote]besides merka who from last year. Im not saying crosby doesnt have descent talent but a postet earlier was acting like crosby should win state every year.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1119315" timestamp="1321401156"]
Ozen does not have 5 kids going d1. Also northshore does not have 10 kids going d1 my friends son plays safety for ns. Cougfan your facts are jacked up. Also ns has the third highest enrollment in texas so I would hope they have talent. Their enrollment is twice what katy has so as a ratio of students katy puts out just as much talent
[/quote] To start off, I have never coached little league due to the fact a work quite a bit. It is something I would like to do seeing I have 3 sons I hope will continue wanting to play. I commend the guys that take time to work with the youth, especially seeing something like the penn. st. scandal in recent news. However, I don't think a pop warner offense should beat any varsitys. I'm sure you diagram great plays but they shouldn't be better than a varsity coach. I know ozen probably doesn't have 5 players going d1 this year, but a playoff roster with the kids moved has 5 d1 players on the sideline. 3-4 kids from most teams in 19-4a including lee and north forrest wil play on the next level between jucos, d1s, d2s, 3s and naia's. Coaching gets kids to college which most times is the only way some of these socio-economically disadvantaged youth would have a chance. I just simply stated north shore because they put kids in the espnu top 150, have backups starting, and guys like deandrew white making plays at alabama. I think they have at least 5 guys on nfl rosters also. Check those facts for me. Also, if coaching is equal the teams with the most  talent do win most of the time. For example, programs such as katy, allen, southlake carrol, high park, austin travis and euless trinity are elite due to coaching. I say trinity cause that L coach won two titles in a small 3a town and went to trinity and turned it into one of the elite programs in the country. I do know it's one of the most talent rich programs in the state but it was also there prior. Programs like north shore, pearland, hightower, skyline, desoto, lufkin, cedar hill, are great mostly because of the talent. The coaches are good but the talent is usually better. Great coaches contend with good talent, good coaches contend with great talent. Crosby doesn't have great talent therefore we need a great coach. Jerry Stewart contended for the regional finals yearly with good talent. When you gave him dugat and green he contended for it all and lost to another team with great talent and mainly one kid. Dickey went 1-9 two years in a row, haynes came in and contended with his son and a 5-7 reciever he put in the state record books. You can't go 4-6 with dominic merka even if we did go a couple rounds deep. Flannigan is a good coach, we just yearned for a better one.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1119637" timestamp="1321416676"]
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/lake_houston/news/a-pride-from-cougar-nation-fights-for-crosby-s-coach/article_21778e55-df1a-5126-8c74-a3a6767d0ca0.html
[/quote]
Unbelievable. His feelings were hurt? Do you think the CEO of a future company for this young man will care that if he hires someone else he will be hurting this man's feelings? Coach Flannigan technically is the CEO of this organization, and it is a Coach's job to win games. If you go 0-10, 10 years in a row, I don't care how nice of a guy you are, and how good of a "molder of man" you are, your getting fired. The slip up to Lee was key, but Vidor is just better, for now.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1118557" timestamp="1321360165"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91601.msg1118544#msg1118544 date=1321359337]
Coach Flanigan won't be unemployed long.  He merely failed to serve an agenda, an agenda that had nothing to do with putting a quality football team on the field.

Crosby has a ton of talent returning, most notably the Walter twins. So whoever the new head coach is should be happy.
[/quote]

I agree, Coach Flanigan wont be free long.  Good Coach but more so an Excellant person!  Crosby dont deserve him!  Glad to see him move on.
[/quote]

Sure glad we didn't get rid of Jeff Mathews because he didn't fulfill someone's agenda. This smacks of decisions from that wonderful school board they have.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1118614" timestamp="1321365451"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=91601.msg1118561#msg1118561 date=1321361026]
bad situation.... several families are gonna be uprooted here.
[/quote]

Vidor is an open district!! ;D
[/quote]

Amen to that!! I have an open bedroom and an extra car for either of the Walter twins who want to play for a great coach, school and community. Allowance is negotiable.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1119699" timestamp="1321420180"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=91601.msg1118557#msg1118557 date=1321360165]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91601.msg1118544#msg1118544 date=1321359337]
Coach Flanigan won't be unemployed long.  He merely failed to serve an agenda, an agenda that had nothing to do with putting a quality football team on the field.

Crosby has a ton of talent returning, most notably the Walter twins. So whoever the new head coach is should be happy.
[/quote]

I agree, Coach Flanigan wont be free long.  Good Coach but more so an Excellant person!  Crosby dont deserve him!  Glad to see him move on.
[/quote]

Sure glad we didn't get rid of Jeff Mathews because he didn't fulfill someone's agenda. This smacks of decisions from that wonderful school board they have.
[/quote]

Ditto.

And to all our Pop Warner football posters out there; we hung 41 points on you while holding you to 20. Seems to me you need to read Pop Warner's book on how to have a successful TEAM! BTW, Austin and Aston Walter may have some of the best raw talent I've seen on a high school football field but Montana Quirante was the best football player on the field that night. Ya'll couldn't stop him offensively or defensively. Saying this not to take away anything from the superhuman effort by the rest of the Pirate football team.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1118603" timestamp="1321364997"]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

I have no clue who you are but this was a 100% political decision with the exact words of the board member being something like "he couldn't connect with Barrett" Vidor fans have nothing on my hatred for our school board.

Hopefully we get a Sumlin type, but i doubt it.

If the Walter twins leave i bet its further west not east. Kingwood, or Woodlands would be my guess, hopefully these kids stay because we love to watch them here in Crosby.

Crosby School Board is the largest hindrance to Crosby Athletics.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1119755" timestamp="1321424098"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=91601.msg1118603#msg1118603 date=1321364997]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

I have no clue who you are but this was a 100% political decision with the exact words of the board member being something like "he couldn't connect with Barrett" Vidor fans have nothing on my hatred for our school board.

Hopefully we get a Sumlin type, but i doubt it.

If the Walter twins leave i bet its further west not east. Kingwood, or Woodlands would be my guess, hopefully these kids stay because we love to watch them here in Crosby.

[b]Crosby School Board is the largest hindrance to Crosby Athletics[/b].
[/quote]
Well if that's the case then you can always vote em out.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1119703" timestamp="1321420403"]
[quote author=BWOOD link=topic=91601.msg1118614#msg1118614 date=1321365451]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=91601.msg1118561#msg1118561 date=1321361026]
bad situation.... several families are gonna be uprooted here.
[/quote]

Vidor is an open district!! ;D
[/quote]

Amen to that!! I have an open bedroom and an extra car for either of the Walter twins who want to play for a great coach, school and community. Allowance is negotiable.
[/quote]

And you think the Crosby School Board Hates you now.......... That would be WILD!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder