CROSBY HEAD COACH HAS RESIGNED

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1118772" timestamp="1321374054"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=91601.msg1118603#msg1118603 date=1321364997]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

Wow!!!! The truth did come out.  Vidor puts a spanking on Crosby and due to biases in the community, the head coach gets fired!!!  That is incredible!!!  I don't think I will ever stop on my HWY 90 trips to Houston and spend a dime in Crosby again in my life!
[/quote]Ok this thread is getting out of hand.... It was posted that Flanigan was asked to resign back in June after this season.. So IF this is TRUTH, unless you are God, There was no way of knowing Crosby would be playing Vidor  in the 1st round of playoffs. FACTS get twisted and turned around. Until the media releases some sort of TRUTH to the whole thing it's all rumor. *steps down off soap box*

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118787" timestamp="1321374632"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=91601.msg1118772#msg1118772 date=1321374054]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

Wow!!!! The truth did come out.  Vidor puts a spanking on Crosby and due to biases in the community, the head coach gets fired!!!  That is incredible!!!  I don't think I will ever stop on my HWY 90 trips to Houston and spend a dime in Crosby again in my life!
[/quote]Ok this thread is getting out of hand.... It was posted that Flanigan was asked to resign back in June after this season.. So IF this is TRUTH, unless you are God, There was no way of knowing Crosby would be playing Vidor  in the 1st round of playoffs. FACTS get twisted and turned around. Until the media releases some sort of TRUTH to the whole thing it's all rumor. *steps down off soap box*
[/quote]
why and who would have asked him to step down in June?  If so im curious as the reason and explaination why?

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1118792" timestamp="1321374765"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118787#msg1118787 date=1321374632]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=91601.msg1118772#msg1118772 date=1321374054]
[/quote]

[/quote]
why and who would have asked him to step down in June?  If so im curious as the reason and explaination why?
[/quote]I don't know who posted it and I can't seem to find it.. But there are a few edited post also.. all i know is I did read it in this thread...

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]The cowardly board asked I’m sure..Why?? IDK.. they do a bunch of dumb decisions.. and yes.. I was told that he was asked in June... also was told he tried to retract it on monday before it went to the board... What a rough year for Flanigan.. Imagine having to get kids to perform KNOWING that you may not be there next year...

Guest UHCoog14
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The post infers that Coach Flannigan resigned on his own in June.

Maybe the [u]Baytown Sun [/u] will provide some information on Wednesday.

[quote name="coug4ever" post="1118633" timestamp="1321367091"]
Some of cougar14's reasons may be true but nothing from this season cost him his job! [b]He accepted his resignation letter in June! [/b]Which means he played the season knowing it was his last. In my opinion says what kind of man he really is! He still gave it 100% and never let on that this was it. I'm sure he will find another great community to coach in. It's just to bad Crosby let him go.
[/quote]Ha there it is.. ask him/her

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1118801" timestamp="1321375346"]
[quote author=coug4ever link=topic=91601.msg1118633#msg1118633 date=1321367091]
Some of cougar14's reasons may be true but nothing from this season cost him his job! [b]He accepted his resignation letter in June! [/b]Which means he played the season knowing it was his last. In my opinion says what kind of man he really is! He still gave it 100% and never let on that this was it. I'm sure he will find another great community to coach in. It's just to bad Crosby let him go.
[/quote]

The statement just confuses me more. Is "he" Coach Flannigan? If so, you do not accept a resignation letter. You submit or tender a resignation.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1118603" timestamp="1321364997"]
"and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby."
[/quote]

Wow! How small minded are you? Those kids from Vidor play with everything they have and for you to make an idiotic comment like this shows what kind of person you are! Those boys who wouldn't even start at Crosby sent your "starters" into basketball season and it wasn't just the coaches fault! I mean no disrespect to any of the Crosby players but face the fact that Vidor was the better team that night and came out with the Win.

Oh and good luck to the coach he will probably be much better off elsewhere!

Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1118806" timestamp="1321375562"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118801#msg1118801 date=1321375346]
[quote author=coug4ever link=topic=91601.msg1118633#msg1118633 date=1321367091]
[/quote]

The statement just confuses me more. Is "he" Coach Flannigan? If so, you do not accept a resignation letter. You submit or tender a resignation.
[/quote]Yes he is Coach Flannigan. he submit a letter of resignation due to the school boards request..... another words the board said "We will let you coach football/AD this year if you submit a resgnation now and it will go infront of  end of the football season... if you do not submit then your contract for AD only and you will not coach football"

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118850" timestamp="1321378341"]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....
[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1118861" timestamp="1321378802"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118850#msg1118850 date=1321378341]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WHAT!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118863" timestamp="1321378902"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118861#msg1118861 date=1321378802]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...

[quote name="hitman009" post="1118874" timestamp="1321379203"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118863#msg1118863 date=1321378902]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.

Guest baseball25
flanigan did a great job no doubt, but he didn't build the program!!! haynes got hired on when crosby had back to back 1-9 seasons, and then haynes went 6-4 first yr and then 8-4 the next yr!!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1118874" timestamp="1321379203"]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]Oh ok... I thought you meant I was gonna make something up ;D Yes your right. They can't fire you just because.. They have have a reason... I am anxious to see what the reason is.

[quote name="invictus" post="1118876" timestamp="1321379364"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118874#msg1118874 date=1321379203]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.
[/quote]I have to disagree.. You have to have a reason to fire a full time employee after they have been employed for at least 90 days.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118882" timestamp="1321379557"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118876#msg1118876 date=1321379364]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]

[/quote]I have to disagree.. You have to have a reason to fire a full time employee after they have been employed for at least 90 days.
[/quote]

No, you do not.  Trust me.  That employee was me.  I got unemployment easily, but was told by numerous lawyers that there was no case because in Texas you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all and it is fine as long as there has been no discrimination (racial, disability, gender, etc).

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1118882" timestamp="1321379557"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118876#msg1118876 date=1321379364]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Head football coaches are not under the same employment contract requirements as other district employees.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder