CROSBY HEAD COACH HAS RESIGNED

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1120889" timestamp="1321540659"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1120850#msg1120850 date=1321537068]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=91601.msg1120846#msg1120846 date=1321536793]
are you guys really having a serious conversation about kids transferring for athletic purposes only...isn't that illegal?
[/quote]It's only illegal if coaches influence a athlete to move to a different school... the kids parents can weigh options all day long and move to a better fit for an athlete not illegal. correct me if i am wrong someone.
[/quote]

You're wrong.  If an athlete is found to have changed district for athletic purposes, whether they were recruited or not, they must sit out one year from the time that they transferred.
[/quote]Well you have to prove that... And it is hard if the parent moves within the district.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hitman009" post="1120895" timestamp="1321541083"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91601.msg1120889#msg1120889 date=1321540659]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1120850#msg1120850 date=1321537068]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=91601.msg1120846#msg1120846 date=1321536793]
are you guys really having a serious conversation about kids transferring for athletic purposes only...isn't that illegal?
[/quote]It's only illegal if coaches influence a athlete to move to a different school... the kids parents can weigh options all day long and move to a better fit for an athlete not illegal. correct me if i am wrong someone.
[/quote]

You're wrong.  If an athlete is found to have changed district for athletic purposes, whether they were recruited or not, they must sit out one year from the time that they transferred.
[/quote]Well you have to prove that... And it is hard if the parent moves within the district.
[/quote]Ok thanks...

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1119755" timestamp="1321424098"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=91601.msg1118603#msg1118603 date=1321364997]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

I have no clue who you are but this was a 100% political decision with the exact words of the board member being something like "he couldn't connect with Barrett" Vidor fans have nothing on my hatred for our school board.

Hopefully we get a Sumlin type, but i doubt it.

[b]If the Walter twins leave i bet its further west not east. [glow=red,2,300]Kingwood[/glow], or Woodlands would be my guess[/b]
, hopefully these kids stay because we love to watch them here in Crosby. Crosby School Board is the largest hindrance to Crosby Athletics.
[/quote]

I could only hope  ;D ;D

Guest UHCoog14
1. Has the student ever practiced or participated in extracurricular athletic activities (before school, after school or during an
athletic period) at another school in the United States or Mexico in grades 8-12? [b]If yes, the student must complete page 2 in
addition to page 1. If no, the student must complete page 1 and file with school ONLY.[/b]
2. Do the parents of the student reside outside the attendance zone of the school the student wishes to represent? [b]IF YES, A WAIVER
OF THE PARENT RESIDENCE RULE MAY BE REQUIRED. CONTACT THE UIL OFFICE.[/b]
3. Are the parents of the student married never married married- living apart divorced deceased?
[b]If the parents are MARRIED-LIVING APART, A WAIVER OF THE PARENT RESIDENCE RULE MAY BE REQUIRED.
CONTACT THE UIL OFFICE.[/b]
4. Does the student live with one parent both parents guardian?
[b]If the student lives with a GUARDIAN, A WAIVER OF THE PARENT RESIDENCE RULE MAY BE REQUIRED.
CONTACT THE UIL OFFICE.[/b]
5. Is more than one residence owned, rented or maintained by the parents?
6. Are any members of the family still residing at the previous residence? [b]If yes , it should be investigated prior to
participation on the varsity level .[/b]
7. Has this move forced either of the parents to commute further to their place of employment?
8. Will (or was) the student be 19 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year?
9. Did the student first enroll in the 9th grade more than 4 years ago? What was the first date of enrollment in 9th grade? _______
10. Is the student a foreign exchange student?[b] If yes , a foreign exchange waiver is required for varsity
athletic participation .[/b]
11. Is the student enrolled in less than an average of four hours per day of instruction for either state or local high school credit?
12. Has the student done anything to jeopardize their amateur athletic status?
13. Did anyone from the new school contact the student prior to their enrollment in the new school?
14. Was the student ever prohibited from participation at the previous school? [b]If yes , please attach an explanation .[/b]

[quote name="MHS32" post="1119205" timestamp="1321395691"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=91601.msg1119148#msg1119148 date=1321392731]
[quote author=MHS32 link=topic=91601.msg1119115#msg1119115 date=1321391203]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91601.msg1118651#msg1118651 date=1321368130]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=91601.msg1118647#msg1118647 date=1321367989]
Anyone have the Twins #?

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

They are already at my house picking out there rooms 8)
[/quote]

Oh Heck yeah!!!! The Double Eagles are on the way. Only because of employment oppurtunities on the Hill I'm sure. As far as Flanigan " I'm GLAD HE IS GONE!!!!" We had heck beating that guy while he was at Crosby and he loved to beat us. [b]Now Crosby can get them a suck up coach and we can continue to win district. Cool Beans.[/b][/quote]

You guys are sending Gage over to Crosby?
[/quote]

I'll trade Gage for the twins in a heartbeat. Nothing personal they just have better moves.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder