CROSBY HEAD COACH HAS RESIGNED

As of last night at the Board meeting Coach Flanigan has turned his resignation. About 200 Parents & Students showed up in his behalf to try & talk some sense into the Board members. 1 Grandparent showed up to explain why he needs to resign. I hope the Board listened last night & ask him to rescend. It was a sad day in Crosby last night.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Flanigan won't be unemployed long.  He merely failed to serve an agenda, an agenda that had nothing to do with putting a quality football team on the field.

Crosby has a ton of talent returning, most notably the Walter twins. So whoever the new head coach is should be happy.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1118544" timestamp="1321359337"]
Coach Flanigan won't be unemployed long.  He merely failed to serve an agenda, an agenda that had nothing to do with putting a quality football team on the field.

Crosby has a ton of talent returning, most notably the Walter twins. So whoever the new head coach is should be happy.
[/quote]

I agree, Coach Flanigan wont be free long.  Good Coach but more so an Excellant person!  Crosby dont deserve him!  Glad to see him move on.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1118557" timestamp="1321360165"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91601.msg1118544#msg1118544 date=1321359337]

[/quote]

I agree, Coach Flanigan wont be free long.  Good Coach but more so an Excellant person!  Crosby dont deserve him!  Glad to see him move on.
[/quote]
I agree, Crosby's stands wasn't even near full....One season after loosing key seniors...this Crosby Team appeared young....and those twins would make me look good as a head coach... ;)

Will Central be calling?

[quote name="bronco1" post="1118562" timestamp="1321361200"]
I doubt that his will be the solution to Crosby's problems. The real issues that Flannigan's presence has compensated for will now surface.
[/quote]
Im sure he refused to play someone's kid or something... ::)

I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1118603" timestamp="1321364997"]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]LOL @ pop warner offense that got them second place in our district.  A district that ended up 3-1 against 19-4a.  Why can't they admit that Vidor was the better team?  Seems like Crosby's school board's sour grapes turned spoiled. 

Some of cougar14's reasons may be true but nothing from this season cost him his job! He accepted his resignation letter in June! Which means he played the season knowing it was his last. In my opinion says what kind of man he really is! He still gave it 100% and never let on that this was it. I'm sure he will find another great community to coach in. It's just to bad Crosby let him go.

[/quote]

and its this mentality that seperates Crosby from the real world.  I noticed the post count, the fact that you had to create a seperate account to voice your defense of another bad decision by an incompetent school board just discredits what you say even more to me!

I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to [b]vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. [/b] I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

"vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby..."

pop warner offense.. ??? players who wouldn't even start at crosby.. ???
Only a Crosby poster could say something like that :'( :'(

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1118641" timestamp="1321367721"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=91601.msg1118603#msg1118603 date=1321364997]
[/quote]

and its this mentality that seperates Crosby from the real world.  I noticed the post count, the fact that you had to create a seperate account to voice your defense of another bad decision by an incompetent school board just discredits what you say even more to me!
[/quote]Ouch!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder