[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118882#msg1118882 date=1321379557]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118876#msg1118876 date=1321379364]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118874#msg1118874 date=1321379203]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118863#msg1118863 date=1321378902]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118861#msg1118861 date=1321378802]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118850#msg1118850 date=1321378341]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....
[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.
[/quote]I have to disagree.. You have to have a reason to fire a full time employee after they have been employed for at least 90 days.
[/quote]

No, you do not.  Trust me.  That employee was me.  I got unemployment easily, but was told by numerous lawyers that there was no case because in Texas you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all and it is fine as long as there has been no discrimination (racial, disability, gender, etc).
[/quote]I dont know about that..... were you in a teaching field when this happened??  there are insurences right now that protect teachers if they want to pay for them...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hitman009" post="1118898" timestamp="1321380311"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118887#msg1118887 date=1321379855]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....
[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.
[/quote]I have to disagree.. You have to have a reason to fire a full time employee after they have been employed for at least 90 days.
[/quote]

No, you do not.  Trust me.  That employee was me.  I got unemployment easily, but was told by numerous lawyers that there was no case because in Texas you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all and it is fine as long as there has been no discrimination (racial, disability, gender, etc).
[/quote]I dont know about that..... were you in a teaching field when this happened??  there are insurences right now that protect teachers if they want to pay for them...
[/quote]

I don't believe the same thing goes for a coach/AD.

I don't know what has transpired.  I used the term fired because as successful as he has been he probably wouldn't have resigned unless he knew he was going to be forced out, which is being fired.  I do not know Kevin Flanigan personally but my brother as well as other friends know him so I am sure I will hear his side of this story.  The timing makes it look bad in light of the school boards attitude toward Vidor.  Who knows what would happened had he won that game.  It will all be speculation until we hear some credible facts.  Still don't plan on stopping in Crosby.  And I know without a doubt that there are really good folks that live there so I do not want to besmerth the fine citizens that make it their home.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118787" timestamp="1321374632"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=91601.msg1118772#msg1118772 date=1321374054]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=91601.msg1118603#msg1118603 date=1321364997]
I understand the seemingly sudden resignation of Coach Flannigan may shock some. What's even more shocking is the ineptitude with which he and his staff meander through the season and try to mitigate ridiculous losses with a playoff run that lasts a couple of weeks. There's no hidden story or failure to play someone's child behind his dismissal. It's the 33-32 loss to baytown lee after being up 10 points late in the fourth, the continous shortcomings with heated rival dayton who often has less talent but superior coaching, and the most stomach churning which is losing to vidor who runs a pop warner offense with players who wouldn't even start at crosby. I think what sums it up is the 49-7 2009 home playoff loss to dayton in which the post-game hand shake heard jerry stewart tell kevin flannigan, "If I had your team I would win it all." You have to remember, Haynes did more with less. It's about winning over here, and not just winning district games. There should be a conserted effort to win them all, and undoubtedly the school board feels the same way most of us do. Overall flannigan is a good person and decent leader of young men. . . . He's just not the coach for crosby.
[/quote]

Wow!!!! The truth did come out.  Vidor puts a spanking on Crosby and due to biases in the community, the head coach gets fired!!!  That is incredible!!!  I don't think I will ever stop on my HWY 90 trips to Houston and spend a dime in Crosby again in my life!
[/quote]Ok this thread is getting out of hand.... It was posted that Flanigan was asked to resign back in June after this season.. So IF this is TRUTH, unless you are God, There was no way of knowing Crosby would be playing Vidor  in the 1st round of playoffs. FACTS get twisted and turned around. [b]Until the media releases some [/b] [b]sort of TRUTH [/b] to the whole thing it's all rumor. *steps down off soap box*
[/quote]

This is America...not going to get the truth from the media.  ;)

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1118994" timestamp="1321385667"]
I went to the School board meeting last night & after a few people got up and spoke on Coach Flanigans behalf. The Superintendent stood up to let everybody know that he resigned back in Juneabd didn't give any reason as to why.
[/quote]Sounds a little fishy to me... Flanigan: Heres my resignation..School Board: Why you leaving? Flanigan: Oh because..    Behind closed door shenanigans IMO.

Hmm... I was under the impression Mr. Tyrone made arrangements already for them twins.. He was gonna add a porch on his shanty with a shop fan.. so when they sleeping it would keep the skeeters off of um.  ;D ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1118651" timestamp="1321368130"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=91601.msg1118647#msg1118647 date=1321367989]
Anyone have the Twins #?

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

They are already at my house picking out there rooms 8)
[/quote]

Oh Heck yeah!!!! The Double Eagles are on the way. Only because of employment oppurtunities on the Hill I'm sure. As far as Flanigan " I'm GLAD HE IS GONE!!!!" We had hell beating that guy while he was at Crosby and he loved to beat us. Now Crosby can get them a suck up coach and we can continue to win district. Cool Beans.

[quote name="MHS32" post="1119115" timestamp="1321391203"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91601.msg1118651#msg1118651 date=1321368130]
Anyone have the Twins #?

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh Heck yeah!!!! The Double Eagles are on the way. Only because of employment oppurtunities on the Hill I'm sure. As far as Flanigan " I'm GLAD HE IS GONE!!!!" We had heck beating that guy while he was at Crosby and he loved to beat us. [b]Now Crosby can get them a suck up coach and we can continue to win district. Cool Beans.[/b][/quote]

You guys are sending Gage over to Crosby?

[quote name="invictus" post="1118902" timestamp="1321380609"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118898#msg1118898 date=1321380311]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118887#msg1118887 date=1321379855]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't believe the same thing goes for a coach/AD.
[/quote]

All certified Texas teachers and administrators are protected by chapter 21 rights under the Education Code.  What this means is that they are protected by a contract and yes, the Head Coach and AD would be employed under contract and therefore, he would be afforded protection from firing without cause.

Texas is a right to work state and Chapter 21 rights would NOT apply to all non-contract school district employees (IE - custodial, maintenance, bus drivers, para's etc).  Nor do these rights apply to the regular work force.  Hope this clears things up for you.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1119148" timestamp="1321392731"]
[quote author=MHS32 link=topic=91601.msg1119115#msg1119115 date=1321391203]
Anyone have the Twins #?

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh Heck yeah!!!! The Double Eagles are on the way. Only because of employment oppurtunities on the Hill I'm sure. As far as Flanigan " I'm GLAD HE IS GONE!!!!" We had heck beating that guy while he was at Crosby and he loved to beat us. [b]Now Crosby can get them a suck up coach and we can continue to win district. Cool Beans.[/b][/quote]

You guys are sending Gage over to Crosby?
[/quote]

I'll trade Gage for the twins in a heartbeat. Nothing personal they just have better moves.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1119026" timestamp="1321387431"]
Hmm... I was under the impression Mr. Tyrone made arrangements already for them twins.. He was gonna add a porch on his shanty with a shop fan.. so when they sleeping it would keep the skeeters off of um.  ;D ;)
[/quote]

Now that there's funny.  ;D

[quote name="baseballwife" post="1118687" timestamp="1321369643"]
Dear Cougar14,

You sir, disgust me!  The only stomach churning going on is to read that someone, [b]who I suspect has never coached anything other than perhaps pee wee flag football[/b], would have to audacity to say that Vidor's team is made up of nobody's that wouldn't even start in Crosby.  Well, our boys wouldn't WANT to!  These boys have played through pain, both physical and emotional this year and have remained unwavered in their quest to go as far as they possible can towards state.  They play with their heart and carry the memory of their fallen brother on that field every week.  These kids are fine young men and Crosby would be lucky to have them grace their field.  As far as the coaching staff in Vidor, they are second to NONE.  These men spent much of their time away from their families to not only coach this team, but to mentor them and to be role models of what a man truly is.  Vidor won that game against Crosby because they fought their way to a win....Crosby came up short.  It's unfortunate to me that people in Crosby don't understand that although it is the coach's responsibility to prepare these boys to play the game, they are not the ones on the field.  The team has to have the will to win and play with that determination.
[/quote]

Those of us who have coached Flag football, madam, are offended.  We wouldn't let the 14 year old Cougar anywhere near our kids.  We want quality coaches.

Pop Warner Orange County Cobras Flag Football 1995-1997, 1999  Alumni Earl Thomas, Seth Thomas, Stephen Maldonado,  Jacoby Franks, Trey Franks, Fabian Greene, Andre Bevil, Aron Bevil, John Snoddy Jr., Ryyan Edwards, and many others...

You see, Cougar 14, Pop Warner offenses and defenses DO get you somewhere...in Earl's case, to the NFL.

[quote name="baseballwife" post="1118687" timestamp="1321369643"]
Dear Cougar14,

You sir, disgust me!  The only stomach churning going on is to read that someone, who I suspect has never coached anything other than perhaps pee wee flag football, would have to audacity to say that Vidor's team is made up of nobody's that wouldn't even start in Crosby.  Well, our boys wouldn't WANT to!  These boys have played through pain, both physical and emotional this year and have remained unwavered in their quest to go as far as they possible can towards state.  They play with their heart and carry the memory of their fallen brother on that field every week.  These kids are fine young men and Crosby would be lucky to have them grace their field.  As far as the coaching staff in Vidor, they are second to NONE.  These men spent much of their time away from their families to not only coach this team, but to mentor them and to be role models of what a man truly is.  Vidor won that game against Crosby because they fought their way to a win....Crosby came up short.  It's unfortunate to me that people in Crosby don't understand that although it is the coach's responsibility to prepare these boys to play the game, they are not the ones on the field.  The team has to have the will to win and play with that determination.
[/quote] All I was saying Ms. Baseballwife is that vidor runs a simplified scheme with inferior athletes. For example, I belive they beat ozen this year. Ozen has 5 kids that will play d1 football, which I would describe as talent. Crosby has similiar numbers. The difference is how the kids are prepared. I played d1 college football after rushing for 1000+ with jimmy dickey as the head coach. Lamar mitchell and I were the first team all district backs in 2000. I had 4 other guys in my class that played d1. We went 1-9 and only lost one game (#6 forest brook) by more than 4 points. I would call that squandered talent. Y'all have been to the playoffs 5 times in 40 years, that's a talent problem. Vidor has a couple kids that might be able to walk on somewhere which is fine for a program of that stature. I guess if I offended you I will pay reparations by saying katy doesn't have much talent either but wins state championships. I know your going to say Andy Dalton which is fine, that's one guy off several state championship teams. At the end of the year look at the offers katy players have versus a team like north shore who had to beat channelview to get into the playoffs. They have over 10 d1 kids on the varsity, katy has 3-4 but steamrolls north shore as of late. Tim cornett is the starting running back at unlv. He backed up tracy woods at north shore, as in didn't start in high school but started as a true freshman at a major d1. Katy could claim nothing of the sort but would beat the shore 8 out of 10 times. Only difference, gary joseph.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1119227" timestamp="1321397853"]
[quote author=baseballwife link=topic=91601.msg1118687#msg1118687 date=1321369643]
Dear Cougar14,

You sir, disgust me!  The only stomach churning going on is to read that someone, who I suspect has never coached anything other than perhaps pee wee flag football, would have to audacity to say that Vidor's team is made up of nobody's that wouldn't even start in Crosby.  Well, our boys wouldn't WANT to!  These boys have played through pain, both physical and emotional this year and have remained unwavered in their quest to go as far as they possible can towards state.  They play with their heart and carry the memory of their fallen brother on that field every week.  These kids are fine young men and Crosby would be lucky to have them grace their field.  As far as the coaching staff in Vidor, they are second to NONE.  These men spent much of their time away from their families to not only coach this team, but to mentor them and to be role models of what a man truly is.  Vidor won that game against Crosby because they fought their way to a win....Crosby came up short.  It's unfortunate to me that people in Crosby don't understand that although it is the coach's responsibility to prepare these boys to play the game, they are not the ones on the field.  The team has to have the will to win and play with that determination.
[/quote] All I was saying Ms. Baseballwife is that vidor runs a [size=12pt][i][b]simplified scheme[/b][/i][/size] with inferior athletes. For example, I belive they beat ozen this year. Ozen has 5 kids that will play d1 football, which I would describe as talent. Crosby has similiar numbers. The difference is how the kids are prepared. I played d1 college football after rushing for 1000+ with jimmy dickey as the head coach. Lamar mitchell and I were the first team all district backs in 2000. I had 4 other guys in my class that played d1. We went 1-9 and only lost one game (#6 forest brook) by more than 4 points. I would call that squandered talent. Y'all have been to the playoffs 5 times in 40 years, that's a talent problem. Vidor has a couple kids that might be able to walk on somewhere which is fine for a program of that stature. I guess if I offended you I will pay reparations by saying katy doesn't have much talent either but wins state championships. I know your going to say Andy Dalton which is fine, that's one guy off several state championship teams. At the end of the year look at the offers katy players have versus a team like north shore who had to beat channelview to get into the playoffs. They have over 10 d1 kids on the varsity, katy has 3-4 but steamrolls north shore as of late. Tim cornett is the starting running back at unlv. He backed up tracy woods at north shore, as in didn't start in high school but started as a true freshman at a major d1. Katy could claim nothing of the sort but would beat the shore 8 out of 10 times. Only difference, gary joseph.
[/quote]

if it is so simplified .... How is that your team/coaches didn't figure it out? or the other 8 teams that Vidor beat this year?

[quote author=baseballwife link=topic=91601.msg1118687#msg1118687 date=1321369643]
Dear Cougar14,

[/quote] All I was saying Ms. Baseballwife is that vidor runs a simplified scheme with inferior athletes. For example, I belive they beat ozen this year. Ozen has 5 kids that will play d1 football, which I would describe as talent. Crosby has similiar numbers. The difference is how the kids are prepared. I played d1 college football after rushing for 1000+ with jimmy dickey as the head coach. Lamar mitchell and I were the first team all district backs in 2000. I had 4 other guys in my class that played d1. We went 1-9 and only lost one game (#6 forest brook) by more than 4 points. I would call that squandered talent. Y'all have been to the playoffs 5 times in 40 years, that's a talent problem. Vidor has a couple kids that might be able to walk on somewhere which is fine for a program of that stature. I guess if I offended you I will pay reparations by saying katy doesn't have much talent either but wins state championships. I know your going to say Andy Dalton which is fine, that's one guy off several state championship teams. At the end of the year look at the offers katy players have versus a team like north shore who had to beat channelview to get into the playoffs. They have over 10 d1 kids on the varsity, katy has 3-4 but steamrolls north shore as of late. Tim cornett is the starting running back at unlv. He backed up tracy woods at north shore, as in didn't start in high school but started as a true freshman at a major d1. Katy could claim nothing of the sort but would beat the shore 8 out of 10 times. Only difference, gary joseph.
[/quote]One thing you left out....Those teams like Katy play team 1st football and buy into the program...D1 talent is a great thing to have on a football team but,if those players are only worried about getting that D1 ride they might end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard...Football is the ultimate team sport IMO..Very seldom IMO does the most talented team when state championships.Its the ones that are the most unselfish.

Dear Cougar14,

[/quote]

I hear exactly what you are saying, Coug. I thought you meant it more as a compliment than an insult...As in coaching, discipline, and hard working kids matter.
Just my two cents.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1118739" timestamp="1321372450"]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=91601.msg1118685#msg1118685 date=1321369523]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=91601.msg1118682#msg1118682 date=1321369416]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=91601.msg1118673#msg1118673 date=1321369141]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91601.msg1118669#msg1118669 date=1321368806]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=91601.msg1118668#msg1118668 date=1321368621]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91601.msg1118667#msg1118667 date=1321368550]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=91601.msg1118658#msg1118658 date=1321368341]
Anyone have the Twins #?

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

oh great! From one overrated school that will never get past the 1st round to another one!  What a waste LOL  ;D ;D
[/quote]

And who is Kirbyville playing this week ;D
[/quote]

Basketball!!  but there is a difference, we suck and we know we suck!!  and techincally we made it just as far as you did in the playoffs with a 2-8 team!!  HEHE
[/quote]

The only think that is true in your post is that you SUCK ;D Technically you lost by 30+ to no body 8)
[/quote]  technicaly in the playoffs a lose is a lose,  You still go home and technically my Wildcats did just as well in the playoffs as your 9-1 team!
[/quote]

:o
[/quote]

It's called piny wood ebonics.........I think.  ;D

[b]By golly a won is a won too![/b]  ;D
[/quote]That's [s]to[/s] [b]too[/b] funny...
[/quote]
Lol! That is funny!

Ozen does not have 5 kids going d1. Also northshore does not have 10 kids going d1 my friends son plays safety for ns. Cougfan your facts are jacked up. Also ns has the third highest enrollment in texas so I would hope they have talent. Their enrollment is twice what katy has so as a ratio of students katy puts out just as much talent

[quote name="pirate68" post="1119237" timestamp="1321398463"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=91601.msg1119227#msg1119227 date=1321397853]
Dear Cougar14,

[/quote]One thing you left out....Those teams like Katy play team 1st football and buy into the program...[b]D1 talent is a great thing to have on a football team but,if those players are only worried about getting that D1 ride they might end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard[/b]...Football is the ultimate team sport IMO..Very seldom IMO does the most talented team when state championships.I[b]ts the ones that are the most [b]unselfish[/b].[/b]
[/quote]I think someone has hit the nail on the head... this is why Crosby has trouble getting deep into playoffs... A big part of one side of the community is this way... "I play WR... why should I have to block?" "He got his TD, when will I get mine."  "Im a SR.  I should play over a underclassman even if he is better than me".  Some kids just don't understand the meaning of TEAM.  Im sure Flanigan preaches it, other wise he would not be successful. but some just dont get it!!  Its a catch 22.  The talent is needed, but becomes a cancer stick when they don't get their way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder