Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. Bridge City

[quote name="Homer" post="1108628" timestamp="1320724918"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=91072.msg1108601#msg1108601 date=1320723167]
Really we have not been talked that much except for our fans.  They don't even know us on the Smoaky board. We are ranked number three in most polls,  but have not heard anyone really talk about us.  I watch the high school scoreboard live show every Friday and not once have they mentioned us.  I always hear them talk about Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer, and Chappel Hill.  So we are actually kinda under the radar to most except for the few in the area that know us.  It is kinda funny though before last year everyone was against us in every playoff game.  This year we still have not earned any respect.  Now were going to lose because we got the big heads.  Not sure what we could do to earn respect from this area.
[/quote]

Ya'll have respect from me, I know CS is a great team.  Just trying to say that they are not unbeatable.  Most fans on here are talking like no one in the region has a chance at all.  That no matter what happens in the games there is no way that CS can lose.  I think that is why most people are saying ya'll have the big head.  I respect supporting your team and predicting a win, but to sound like no one has a chance against ya'll is a little outrageous when the first kickoff of the playoffs has not taken place.
[/quote]

+1  ;)

...and that goes for Huffman, too with their "can't lose" attitude toward Silsbee... Like they are some sort of World Beaters...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1108739" timestamp="1320757783"]
[quote author=Homer link=topic=91072.msg1108628#msg1108628 date=1320724918]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=91072.msg1108601#msg1108601 date=1320723167]
Really we have not been talked that much except for our fans.  They don't even know us on the Smoaky board. We are ranked number three in most polls,  but have not heard anyone really talk about us.  I watch the high school scoreboard live show every Friday and not once have they mentioned us.  I always hear them talk about Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer, and Chappel Hill.  So we are actually kinda under the radar to most except for the few in the area that know us.  It is kinda funny though before last year everyone was against us in every playoff game.  This year we still have not earned any respect.  Now were going to lose because we got the big heads.  Not sure what we could do to earn respect from this area.
[/quote]

Ya'll have respect from me, I know CS is a great team.  Just trying to say that they are not unbeatable.  Most fans on here are talking like no one in the region has a chance at all.  That no matter what happens in the games there is no way that CS can lose.  I think that is why most people are saying ya'll have the big head.  I respect supporting your team and predicting a win, but to sound like no one has a chance against ya'll is a little outrageous when the first kickoff of the playoffs has not taken place.
[/quote]

+1  ;)

...and that goes for Huffman, too with their "can't lose" attitude toward Silsbee... Like they are some sort of World Beaters...
[/quote]

Really????? I guess predicting you're team will win now is a can't lose attitude. Why don't you go look at what you wos fans are posting on the Cleveland thread. That sounds like an arrogant can't lose attitude.

Here in Coldspring we are just excited about our football team. If Bridge City made it to  Cowboy's stadium last year and have the team we have this year with the offensive and defensive stats and the undefeated record and the state ranking, you guys would be talking it up, too. It just dosen't feel right to predict a close game with a team that is no where near the top of 3A teams. But you are right. Anything can happen. But we don't expect it to. Good luck to both teams and if CS wins, give us ours, and if BC somehow wins, I will be on your bandwagon.

P.S. Huffman beats Silsbee.

[quote name="Steve Largent" post="1108632" timestamp="1320725129"]
Don't be so quick assuming Wimberly is coming out of Region IV.  Their potential 2nd round match-up with Gonzales will be well worth the price of admission.  Coach Lock has the Apaches playing some good football right now.
[/quote]

I think wimberley might face a tougher team of Devine. They are undefeated.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1108087" timestamp="1320699957"]
After that crappy game we had against BC im pullin for em in this one. I think they can do it. 21-3a all the way! Coldsprings district is weak, with [b]cleveland[/b] making the playoffs this year. Should be a good game.
[/quote]
How are you going to say district 22-3a is weak with Cleveland making the playoffs!! Do you realize that OF in yalls district was one game away from making the playoffs. I would pick Cleveland over OF anyday :)

Bi-District is always fun because the team were playing is in the same area with this board.  With this is a lot of back and forth amongst the fans.  After this week though that could be over with for awhile unless Kirbyville makes a little run and WOS makes it to the quater finals.  The rest of the teams are out of the area and probably won't have much to say. 

yea I have to agree there is a little arrogance in most of the Coldspring faithful, but that comes when you go 14 and 2 last year and are 10 and 0 this year, but don't let arrogance full you, Coldspring has a really good football team, they will be coming to run the football down your throat and the defense will be there to knock it out of your butt, wouldn't expect them to do anything else, good luck to BC, hope both teams come out healthy, but it's time for BC to get the sneakers out and start doing layups. Coldspring 42  Bridge City 7

[quote name="rockyandcash" post="1108826" timestamp="1320764081"]
I think wimberley might face a tougher team of Devine. [b]They are undefeated.[/b][/quote]

From what I've read on this thread the fact that you're undefeated doesn't mean much other than you must be in a weak district.

:P

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1108941" timestamp="1320771304"]
yea I have to agree there is a little arrogance in most of the Coldspring faithful, but that comes when you go 14 and 2 last year and are 10 and 0 this year, but don't let arrogance full you, Coldspring has a really good football team, they will be coming to run the football down your throat and the defense will be there to knock it out of your butt, wouldn't expect them to do anything else, good luck to BC, hope both teams come out healthy, but it's time for BC to get the sneakers out and start doing layups. Coldspring 42  Bridge City 7
[/quote]
A LITTLE arrogance????  And we have been around when WOS was the powerhouse year in and year out, but I never recall any of their fans being arrogant and obnoxious as they always handled themselves like the champions they were and with respect to the teams they played.  Just saying...................................
And I personally hope the Cardinals come in and kick your Trojans butts!  You never know what may happen.

[quote name="chs11" post="1108111" timestamp="1320701814"]
[quote author=Bridge City Kitty link=topic=91072.msg1107920#msg1107920 date=1320692198]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91072.msg1107610#msg1107610 date=1320677180]
[quote author=Bridge City Kitty link=topic=91072.msg1107511#msg1107511 date=1320644238]
Here is hoping that Coldspring shows better sportsmanship than last year!!!
[/quote]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

Don't remember the fight in the end zone??
[/quote]

Actually I don't, but if it did happen, it takes two to tango.
[/quote]

No sir, it does not.  The ENTIRE coldspring team, coaches and all ran into the end zone.  You didn't see BC do that.  Either way...here's hoping for a good, fair and well-played game!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1109059" timestamp="1320778533"]
Is there really a bridge in Bridge City?
[/quote]

Several - and two of them are great, big suckers!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Bridge City Kitty" post="1109061" timestamp="1320778739"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91072.msg1108111#msg1108111 date=1320701814]
[quote author=Bridge City Kitty link=topic=91072.msg1107920#msg1107920 date=1320692198]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91072.msg1107610#msg1107610 date=1320677180]
[quote author=Bridge City Kitty link=topic=91072.msg1107511#msg1107511 date=1320644238]
Here is hoping that Coldspring shows better sportsmanship than last year!!!
[/quote]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

Don't remember the fight in the end zone??
[/quote]

Actually I don't, but if it did happen, it takes two to tango.
[/quote]

No sir, it does not.  The ENTIRE coldspring team, coaches and all ran into the end zone.  You didn't see BC do that.  Either way...here's hoping for a good, fair and well-played game!!
[/quote]

Come on Bridge City.  Last year doesn't have a da.. THING to do with this year.  Just play the game AND WIN - then the discussion is over!!!!!

I remember about four years ago when Coldspring played WOS how arrogant they were.  We were crap they were Gods gift to football.  They were completely unbeatable.  We didn't even deserve to be on the field with them.  Since we beat them a couple of years ago they have become a little more humble to local teams.  I think we are actually pretty humble.  The fact is we beat y'all by 30 points last year.  Yeah that was last year, but have y'all made up that margin in a year?  We will soon find out on Saturday.  I think most Trojans fans believe that y'all have not improved from 30 points to beating us.  I don't believe it, but like most of you point out anything can happen.  The fact is this team is focused and not looking past Bridge City.  We will be prepared for what y'all throw at us as well y'all will be prepared.  It is gonna all come down to execution.  Whoever executes their game plan the best is gonna win.

agan i will say that cs is a good football team and bridge city will not be a push over and you can take that to the bank. the film room has been very very besy over there at bridge city i am sure i also like the way couch stumps has put pictures on the kids locker showing them the face that will be across the line from them

You know I enjoy reading these blogs, reading the vigor and fan loyalty that is shown. You can tell the age of the posters in most cases. There is nothing wrong with “I am the greatest” when in reality those of us reading the blog should understand that this is not coming from the team, its coming from a “want-to-be” that lives their life through a team, group, or whatever that they can be proud of and claim a part of the action. Let’em go, enjoy them selfs, it’s not hurting anyone. If it offends you then don’t read it, and it it makes you mad enough to reply with a challenging statement, then you are in that same circle. We will all know Saturday night who wins the Bridge City – Coldspring game.

I read with a smile on my face when bloggers try and attempt to compare one District with another District and which is the strongest. Lot of luck, there are major computers that try and do that to major college games and their records are no better than the ones posted on this board.

We only have history to look at: Below are the winning percentages of this year non-district games for the two districts.
All Top 4
Dist 21-3A 0.533 0.700
Dist 22-3A 0.536 0.875

This shows District 22-3A had a better out of district percentage. What does this mean…..Nothing after the kick-off.  A number that should had a bearing is enrolement Bridge City 714 Coldspring 503, a 200+ more to select ball players….What does this mean…nothing, as Huffman found out, after the kick off. Lets play ball.
Pick you a winner, you have a 50-50 chance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder