Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. Bridge City

[quote name="Chs96" post="1107401" timestamp="1320633411"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=91072.msg1107373#msg1107373 date=1320631832]
at Kirbyville      7:30 p.m.      49-6
Sept. 2      Madisonville      7:30 p.m.      49-17
Sept. 9      at Crockett      7:30 p.m.      60-20
Sept. 16      Orangefield      7:30 p.m.      50-0
Sept. 23      at Tarkington*      7:30 p.m.      67-8
Sept. 30      Shepherd*      7:30 p.m.      59-0
Oct. 7      at Splendora*      7:30 p.m.      67-0
Oct. 14      Cleveland*      7:30 p.m.      61-0
Oct. 21      OPEN             
Oct. 28      at Huffman*      7:30 p.m.      20-3
Nov. 4      Liberty*      7:30 p.m.      68-13

No disrespect to anyone on Coldsprings schedule but the only descent team on there is Huffman and they lost alot of players from last year so i state my case... Bridge City has came across some quality teams to get them ready for this kind of game atmosphere. [b]How will coldspring react if we come out and slap the crap out of them in the first half like we did last year[/b]? No one knows from Coldsring cause they havent seen it all year. Lets gettem Cards!! Practice with some heart this week the community believes in you guys!! yall are way to tallented of a group to just loose in the first round!!
[/quote]

The same way they did last yr. Come out and put a spanking on the lil birdies I don't even know why we are still talking about this game
[/quote]

BC"s Deffense is alot better i will leave it at that. Goodluck boys! No matter what happens i will be proud of you guys.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're crazy if you think Coldspring will blow out this BC defense..I find it comical how much  Huffman & Coldspring fans toot their own horns..like Bridge City hasn't seen anything like them before. I believe Coldspring is in for a rude awakening if we use all our tools on Offense, Menard, Dishon, Roberts, Clark, Hubbard. It's gonna be a battle..BC 28-20

[quote name="SetxFootball" post="1107373" timestamp="1320631832"]
Oct. 21      OPEN             

No disrespect to anyone on Coldsprings schedule but the only descent team on there is Huffman and they lost alot of players from last year so i state my case... Bridge City has came across some quality teams to get them ready for this kind of game atmosphere. How will coldspring react if we come out and slap the crap out of them in the first half like we did last year? No one knows from Coldsring cause they havent seen it all year. Lets gettem Cards!! Practice with some heart this week the community believes in you guys!! yall are way to tallented of a group to just loose in the first round!!
[/quote]

[quote name="captredass" post="1107420" timestamp="1320634300"]
The only team on BC shedule that might of prepared them was Vidor. Other than that, you are living a dream world. By the way, we pulled away from Huffman with two pass TD's, not running, so keep thinking we are one dimensional. 22-3A might clean sweep your district if you under estimate Cleveland. Because Huffman and Coldspring both win 21-6 and we start running the clock out......
[/quote]

?? That post makes a lot if sense.  :o

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1107449" timestamp="1320636609"]
I think Coldspring takes this one but it wont be over at halftime.  If BC played Coldsprings schedule they would be undefeated also.  I also think a man could make a lot of money selling convertibles in Coldspring, more head room.
[/quote]

BC wouldn't be undefeated if they played cs's schedule ;)

[size=14pt][b]Trojans to be tested in Bi-District Playoff game[/b][/size]
The 8-2 Bridge City Cardinals will bring their “A” game to town when they square off against the 10-0 Coldspring Trojans this Saturday in Mont Belvieu. Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans (10-0, 6-0) vs. Bridge City Cardinals (8-2, 4-1), 6:00 p.m., Eagle Stadium, Mont Belvieu, Broadcast on SETXsports.com and KETX 1440 AM The Cardinals 2 losses this season were a 21-3 loss to 8-2 Vidor, a 4-A play-off team and a 21-16 District loss to the 7-3 District Champions West Orange Stark.  Common wins for both teams were over Shepherd, Kirbyville and Orangefield. Bridge City 61 Shepherd 3, Coldspring 60 Shepherd 0, Bridge City 55 Kirbyville 12, Coldspring 49 Kirbyville 6, and Bridge City 34 Orangefield 0, Coldspring 50 Orangefield 0. Considering that the Bridge City/Orangefield game was for a playoff spot and a grudge game to boot, these scores reflect a fairly even contest with the edge going to Coldspring on defense.

Once past the common foe stats, the season stats tell a different story. Season stats will show that the Cardinals have an uphill climb to catch up with the undefeated 10-0 State ranked Coldspring Trojans. Ranked in the top 10 in just about every football offense and defense stat record book. The Trojans average scoring 55.1 pts per game compared to the Cardinals 31.1. The Trojan defense considered one of the best in the state only gives up 6.7 points per game compared to Bridge City 10.4 points per game.

Interesting stats to watch for, will the Bridge City defense stop the Trojans from scoring in the first-half? The Bridge City defense has a streak of not allowing a first-half point in five straight games. The only first-half points allowed by Bridge City in district play came on a pair of kick returns by West Orange-Stark. Most other points allowed came late in easy wins Bridge City coach Cris Stump said refering to Coldspring  "We can't take them lightly because they kicked the dog out of us last year,". Bridge City lost to Coldspring 43-13 in the first round play-off last season.

Bridge City QB Matt Menard said. "We've got to play this next game the way we did tonight (referring to the Orangefield game)  and I think if we do that we have a good shot." QB Matt Menard, a 6’ 0” 205lb Senior ranked 16th in the State 3-A QB ranking and thrown for 1152 yards with 13TD’s, also has rushed for 1000 yards with 10 rushing TD’s. Menard is joined in the backfield by a Senior 200lb 5’11” RB Hunter Clark who has rushed for 773 yards and 7 TD’s.
The Cardinals also have two skilled receivers to compliment the Menard aerial attack, 6’3” WR Tyler Roberts with 31 catches for 384 12yd per catch with 2 TD’s along with 5’11” WR Cameron Dishon with 17 catches for 344 yards with a good per yard catch of 20 yds per catch plus 3 touchdowns.

The Bridge City defense will be facing a duo of fast and illusive running backs from Coldspring, Sheman Gilbert and Colton Monroe a combo scoring machine. Gilbert leads all district scores with 30 touchdowns and when you add Monroe’s 15 they both combined for 275 points. Gilbert has rushed for 1448 yards on 121 carries averaging 11.9 yards per carry. Monroe has 963 yards on 95 carries averaging 10.1 yards per carry.

To combine an offensive scoring machine that averages 55.1 points a game with a defense that only allows 9.7 points a game it gives the Bridge City Cardinals a week of worry. The Trojan defense is keeping their opponents to an average of 69.9 yards per game, 30.2 rushing and 39.7 passing.

Wrap-up: If there are no more major injuries the Trojans should win this game by 19+  Coldspring 33 Bridge City 14

[quote name="SetxFootball" post="1107373" timestamp="1320631832"]
Oct. 21      OPEN             

No disrespect to anyone on Coldsprings schedule but the only descent team on there is Huffman and they lost alot of players from last year so i state my case... Bridge City has came across some quality teams to get them ready for this kind of game atmosphere. How will coldspring react if we come out and slap the crap out of them in the first half like we did last year? No one knows from Coldsring cause they havent seen it all year. Lets gettem Cards!! Practice with some heart this week the community believes in you guys!! yall are way to tallented of a group to just loose in the first round!!
[/quote]just saying Bridge City beat kelly 20-7 and Liberty beat kelly also (although kelly played awful against them) and Coldspring killed liberty so idk how this game could go but i am hoping BC will win. Good luck

Even if we do get the big head and start out slow, Coach barbay and morrison are the masters of halftime adjustments, just look at the second halves of our playoff games last year, particulary when we blasted bc and came back to win the kirbyville game. Plus I believe we have to many team leaders on defense and offense to let the other players not take BC seriously, they remember what happened last year. Coldspring needs a good week of practice before this game, and if they do, i predict a blowout.

[quote name="chs11" post="1107618" timestamp="1320677437"]
Even if we do get the big head and start out slow, Coach barbay and morrison are the masters of halftime adjustments, just look at the second halves of our playoff games last year, particulary when we blasted bc and came back to win the kirbyville game. Plus I believe we have to many team leaders on defense and offense to let the other players not take BC seriously, they remember what happened last year. Coldspring needs a good week of practice before this game, and if they do, i predict a blowout.
[/quote]

Boy you guys were proud to beat Kirbyville last season for the first time ever :)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1107636" timestamp="1320678874"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91072.msg1107618#msg1107618 date=1320677437]
[/quote]

Boy you guys were proud to beat Kirbyville last season for the first time ever :)
[/quote]

LOL that was almost as good to Coldspring as going to State... ;D ;D ;D

[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91072.msg1107618#msg1107618 date=1320677437]
[/quote]

Hopefully it's the start of a tradition  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="Chs96" post="1107221" timestamp="1320622416"]
I don't represent the whole team or fan base. I'm just one fan. I say CS will win by 3 + td's.  Last yr BC talked the same crap and got the same butt kicking handed to them. What make this yr any different. You guys got a better team this yr?  Well our team is better than last yr also.  If BC beat CS I will follow BC to ever game and root for them. How many CS haters can say the same ????  ( I will also buy the popcorn)
[/quote]

Weaker sched does not = better team... ???

cs is not over rated  thay are a good football team i will give them credit. now then bridge city is a very solid football team lots better than last year as most of us that keep up with them know coach stump will have his team ready for cs you can count on that.now in closeing if cs thinks thay will come into this  game thinking we beat the heck out of bridge city agan like thay did last year THINK AGAN the kids from bridge city are  READY for (YOU) smart football wins games

All this talk about CS schedule is just irrelevant... IT IS THE SAME SCHEDULE FROM LAST YEAR and oh yeah, they went to state.. Saw BC play, they look good, BC will play hard and be very disciplined.. CS will not take them lightly.. they will continue to prepare by their motto...DAY BY DAY  .. all the hype and rankings are for the media and fans, IT MEANS NOTHING TO THE PLAYERS AND COACHES at CS..

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1107692" timestamp="1320682054"]
[quote author=Chs96 link=topic=91072.msg1107221#msg1107221 date=1320622416]
I don't represent the whole team or fan base. I'm just one fan. I say CS will win by 3 + td's.  Last yr BC talked the same crap and got the same butt kicking handed to them. What make this yr any different. You guys got a better team this yr?  Well our team is better than last yr also.  If BC beat CS I will follow BC to ever game and root for them. How many CS haters can say the same ????  ( I will also buy the popcorn)
[/quote]

Weaker sched does not = better team... ???
[/quote]

It's not like BC had a killer schedule. Yeah Vidors and wos are good, but other than that there isn't a whole lot of good teams. Kelly lost to liberty and they didn't even make the playoffs in our district. Silsbee had the back up QB in for the first time when BC played them, and he threw like 4 pics. The rest didn't have winning records  only 4 out of 10 teams did.

Coldspring played crockett which was ranked in 2a for awhile idk if the still are. Played Huffman who is just as good as any team in your district, and played Cleveland and liberty who both have winning records. That 5 out of 10 with winning records.

Yes I belive bc schedule is a bit tougher, but it dosent blow coldspring's away. It is pretty close.

Anyway that won't matter, because coldspring is going to run over, around, and through bc on thier way to a long playoff run. If BC is with in 3 tds that will be an accomplishment.

[/quote]

Out of all the games we played last year (Coldspring) the Kirbyville game was my favorite.  That was an AWESOME game.  Nail biter to the end.

Kirbyville was a powerhouse last year and I know CS was really worried about that game.  You could tell the boys were really nervous when that game started.  I was hoping for that match up again this year but .... maybe next year!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1107711" timestamp="1320683071"]
It's pretty humorous to hear Huffman Falcon fans talking smack... At least CS has done something.  8)
[/quote]

22-3a is not a Huffman fan, he is a coldspring fan, but what has wos done recently? Not a whole lot more than Huffman. Lost in the first round to coldspring 2 years ago, and lost in the second round last year. That is the same as Huffman lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder