Colmesneil walking off field in 3rd????????????

[quote name="True Blue" post="1101082" timestamp="1320101173"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=90749.msg1100903#msg1100903 date=1320090679]
West Hardin was winning 43-0 with 3:00 left in 3rd & Colmesneil's RB got taken off the field by EMT's.  Colmesneil decided to call the game to keep anyone else from getting injured. 

West Hardin had already started making the JV group ready to take the field after their RB was taken off the field.

That's as plain as I can make it.
[/quote]43 to 0 and the end of the 3 Qr and they were just getting the JV ready to take the field >:( >:( What were they waiting on 50 to 0 :( :(
[/quote]
Class?  Are you kidding me!?!?  60 points, maybe? 70, that's bad? 80 on purpose is classless.. But 43-0 is a solid victory. Nothing nasty about that. It's not like they were airing it out, throwing 50 yard bombs at that point. Just making first downs, clicking and breaking free on some runs. A 20 point cushion is not safe. Not in any game of football at any level past pee-wee. That's a "Gary Kubiak" mentality and it will get you beat. A killer instinct is needed for success, and 43-0 is not unclassy in any way!  Like I said, it's not like they hung 80 on them.
That being said, let's all keep the Bulldog RB in our prayers and hope he has a speedy recovery. I hate to hear about a team
Forfeiting and players walking off the field.  Hope it all gets better for colmesneil. I remember playing a bunch of great, competitive kids every time we matched up
Against them. Would love to see their program get back to where it once was.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1102198" timestamp="1320239947"]
Well 43 to 0 would not be a bad score, but remember it was 43 to 0 IN the 3 QR and you said they were getting ready to put the JV in >:( Like I said what were they waiting on ...50??
[/quote]

Okay really tired of hearing you.  How many times did EVADALE have people beat down by the third quarter and still not put in their jv. You are quick to bash others, when you should look at yourself and maybe stop and think.  8)

[quote name="whsalum" post="1101119" timestamp="1320105971"]
43-0 would have been a close game for some our opponents this year  ::) I know that's not alot of fun for the players on the short end but you don't quit once the game starts.If you can't compete , don't start.[b]If you start don't quit[/b].
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1102198" timestamp="1320239947"]
Well 43 to 0 would not be a bad score, but remember it was 43 to 0 IN the 3 QR and you said they were getting ready to put the JV in >:( Like I said what were they waiting on ...50??
[/quote]

Look at the scores throughout the state from week to week and you'll see lots of teams who get beat by 40-50 pts AND they aren't throwing in the towel...

Cleveland just got beat by 61 and 46 (I believe in back to back weeks) and yet they didn't quit and came back and beat a team (in Liberty that many thought they had little chance to win) and probably secured the 3rd and last playoff spot in their district....They were also down a couple TD's in that game before regrouping and getting the win...It would've been very easy for them to just shut it down after the results from the prior couple of games, however, they didn't and it'll serve all of them well in the future whether it be in a sport or in life...

Moral of the story is you don't quit/give up and you don't start giving less just because things are going terribly wrong or you might be getting embarrassed...You pick yourself up and try to get better in hopes of improving the results the next time out!!  If the players aren't at least learning this one valuable lesson from participating in athletics then really what is the point?

Beating down kids when it is clearly the coaches fault is a big no no in my mind. Colmesneils coaching staff is one of the worst I have ever seen and running up the score is hurting the kids when it is clearly the coaches fault. If there is some sort of competition between the teams then play but when the kids are beat they are beat so leave it at that. I feel terrible for the Colmesneils kids but the coaching staff and whoever hired them should be FIRED. This has gone on way to long

[quote name="MEM" post="1102230" timestamp="1320242058"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=90749.msg1102198#msg1102198 date=1320239947]
[/quote]

Look at the scores throughout the state from week to week and you'll see lots of teams who get beat by 40-50 pts AND they aren't throwing in the towel...

Cleveland just got beat by 61 and 46 (I believe in back to back weeks) and yet they didn't quit and came back and beat a team (in Liberty that many thought they had little chance to win) and probably secured the 3rd and last playoff spot in their district....They were also down a couple TD's in that game before regrouping and getting the win...It would've been very easy for them to just shut it down after the results from the prior couple of games, however, they didn't and it'll serve all of them well in the future whether it be in a sport or in life...

Moral of the story is you don't quit/give up and you don't start giving less just because things are going terribly wrong or you might be getting embarrassed...You pick yourself up and try to get better in hopes of improving the results the next time out!!  If the players aren't at least learning this one valuable lesson from participating in athletics then really what is the point?
[/quote]

Kirbyville took some pretty good whippings in pre-season...We played  Coldspring,WO-S,Vidor,Newton,Bridge City, Wills Point...But there just ain't no quit in the Wildcat's....They play all 4 quarters...Win or Lose. ;)

[quote name="SFAlumberjack13" post="1101143" timestamp="1320108062"]
This isn't this first time this has happened to this school. A couple a years ago they played Chester and forfeited due to injury. My brother plays on this team now. He hates the coach and rightfully so. This guy isn't qualified to coach. He has no pride in the school he coaches for and coming from my brother he is all about letting players control the team. Last year their star rb walked off the girl because he wasn't happy and the coach did nothing. He honestly just needs to leave so they can get a qualified coach who teaches the game and good morals
[/quote]

Normally I dont post on here much but, I cant let this go. I am the Coach at Colmesneil. I have lived here all my life. I played here as did my Father and my sons are about to. As far as pride, I have been a bulldog all my life and I love my Community, kids and school. As far as the running back last year walking off the field that was not the case. I sent him off the field because he was bad mouthing his team mates. He was not allowed to participate in athletics after that point. Your opinion on my qualifictions is your own and your are entitled to it. But you have no idea from the stands are where ever you are during a game, what is going on. Now we have had numerous injuries all season and at West Hardin our running back goes down and our QB gets a concussion. Tempers where flaring and Officials where not controlling the game and my best judgement was to call the game to protect my kids. That is why we do this for our kids wheather you as a fan think it is right or wrong. From some of your other posts you say you are going to be a FB coach. Good Luck and Maybe I will see you around.

[quote name="MEM" post="1102230" timestamp="1320242058"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=90749.msg1102198#msg1102198 date=1320239947]
[/quote]

[/quote] Were and at what time have I ever said it was OK to quit??? I am saying tha WH should have showed a little class and called off the dogs way before 3 min left in the 3 qr... What have you proven when you still have most of your starters in ,with a 43 to 0 lead.. I understand it was Sr night but after halftime of a game were your clearly the better team it time to call off your starters... JMO

[quote name="MEM" post="1101039" timestamp="1320096473"]
Quick question...What happens stat wise in a forfeit? Do they get wiped clean like the game never happened? Does it depend on the school? Who gets to make the decision?  Anyone dealt with one before?
[/quote] I know that the UIL takes a dim view of forfeits unless you have substantial reasons (game tape usually) why you left the playing field or court.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1101092" timestamp="1320102006"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=90749.msg1101082#msg1101082 date=1320101173]
West Hardin was winning 43-0 with 3:00 left in 3rd & Colmesneil's RB got taken off the field by EMT's.  Colmesneil decided to call the game to keep anyone else from getting injured. 

West Hardin had already started making the JV group ready to take the field after their RB was taken off the field.

[/quote]43 to 0 and the end of the 3 Qr and they were just getting the JV ready to take the field >:( >:( What were they waiting on 50 to 0 :( :(
[/quote]

I don't know, but it was Senior Night.  Maybe let them play a little longer since it's their last game at their school.  And I said already that they started making them ready, some had already filtered in.  The rest were on their way in until the injury occurred.

There was also 3:00 left in the 3rd, not the end. 

Why are you crying anyways, what dog did you have in that fight?  ???

When Lovelady whooped us, their JV didn't come in until the 4th. [color=red] It's High School Football, not Pee-Wee where everything is about their feelings.[/color][/quote]

Good post. I could not agree more.

Agreed! Lol. A 50-burger is a common sandwich served every Friday night in the high school Football cafeteria and unless you're airing it out and running trick plays trying to increase the lead, it shouldn't matter what personnel is on the field. So I find it a bit offensive incenuating WH has no class because they were guarding a 43-0 lead with starters and well over a quarter left.  Heck, coldspring is a class act and they'll hang 70 on ya in a heart beat.  Nobody ever accuses them of being bad sportsmans because they don't pull their starters after the first 2 series.

I guess it just how you look at it... In the 4 and 5a schools were there are 25 to 30 kids standing on the sideline, putting 50 + on someone might seam ok But when you only have 11 to 15 on the sideline and over have of them are 14 and 15 yrs old. What have you proven by running up a score?? In most small 1 and 2a schools kid are playing both ways. So why keep beating them ,when the game is out of hand.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1102659" timestamp="1320264537"]
I guess it just how you look at it... In the 4 and 5a schools were there are 25 to 30 kids standing on the sideline, putting 50 + on someone might seam ok But when you only have 11 to 15 on the sideline and over have of them are 14 and 15 yrs old. What have you proven by running up a score?? In most small 1 and 2a schools kid are playing both ways. So why keep beating them ,when the game is out of hand.
[/quote]

I am sorry to say, but I can't see your logic.  But even if you are a panty waist...DON'T FOREFEIT THE GAME!!!  Teach these young athletes that quitting never served any purpose, other than self-degradation.

Not judging Comesnil's coaching staff, but I have to agree that quitting is not the lesson I'd want my son to learn. I'd rather get beat by 100 points than to leave the field. I even resent a running clock when we're on the short end of the score. I hear people say to put them out of their misery. No, misery is giving up, not losing.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1101079" timestamp="1320100938"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=90749.msg1101077#msg1101077 date=1320100789]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=90749.msg1100953#msg1100953 date=1320092610]

[/quote]

Joharr what school do you represent...just wondering..
[/quote]

I graduated from West Brook in 1991, but I proudly support the West Hardin Oilers where my two sons have gone their whole life.
[/quote]

Ok Thanks, Thought I might know you But wrong schools...
[/quote]
I probably know you. I graduated in 92 from the Brook.

Tarkington gets beat every year but they keep trying but they always have good sportsmanship. This year coldspring players said Tarkington all had good attitudes and felt bad for them but the game had to continue. By the way Tarkington is the only team to score a touchdown on us in district. There was no smack talk on either side, they kept playing hard. There is always two sides to a story. It sounds like there was smack talking on both sides at that game and the Coach's pride was hurt and he looked for any reason to stop the game. Now if the entire team voted and they wanted to quit thats another story. Coach your in a tight spot morally and with your career. Change sometimes is good for all involved and sounds like change is coming. P.S. Don't come to Coldspring, go to Huffman.

Guys, I am going to close this one down for now.  Coach Davis has explained why he took the actions that he did Friday night.  You may not disagree with what he did, but he had his kids to consider.  And that is the guideline that every coach should go by when pondering what action to take.

He most assuredly will have to explain his actions (and he has probably already done so) to the powers that be at the Colmesneil ISD.  It is for that community to judge, not ours.