Port Neches-Groves vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/PN-G wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Beargrowl" post="1090505" timestamp="1319257853"]
Thank for the concern on Sezer. He's ok. I talked to him after the game he landed on his neck and lost feeling in parts of his body but they came back.

I must say, however, a lot of upset Bears out there for png not taking a knee while he was hurt. Classless!
[/quote]

*sigh*

Here we go again.  ::)

http://www.modbee.com/2008/11/12/495792/should-knee-be-taken-for-hurt.html

[b]Should knee be taken for hurt football players?[/b]

The recent collection of letters to the editor and frequent chants from the stands on Friday night seems to make it clear fans are focused on the latest high school football trend: taking a knee when a player is injured.

The genesis of the practice is unclear. It could have come from soccer or football at pee-wee levels, where kids are asked to drop to one knee not so much out of respect but to keep them under control while the coach tends to the injury.

But somewhere along the line, as the players grew out of youth leagues and into high school, the on-field genuflect has come along for the ride.

Read more: http://www.modbee.com/2008/11/12/495792/should-knee-be-taken-for-hurt.html#ixzz1bU0VGj9g

[quote name="Always Be Faithful" post="1090520" timestamp="1319258389"]
[quote author=Beargrowl link=topic=90223.msg1090505#msg1090505 date=1319257853]
Thank for the concern on Sezer. He's ok. I talked to him after the game he landed on his neck and lost feeling in parts of his body but they came back.

I must say, however, a lot of upset Bears out there for png not taking a knee while he was hurt. Classless!
[/quote]

*sigh*

Here we go again.  ::)

http://www.modbee.com/2008/11/12/495792/should-knee-be-taken-for-hurt.html

[b]Should knee be taken for hurt football players?[/b]

The recent collection of letters to the editor and frequent chants from the stands on Friday night seems to make it clear fans are focused on the latest high school football trend: taking a knee when a player is injured.

The genesis of the practice is unclear. It could have come from soccer or football at pee-wee levels, where kids are asked to drop to one knee not so much out of respect but to keep them under control while the coach tends to the injury.

But somewhere along the line, as the players grew out of youth leagues and into high school, the on-field genuflect has come along for the ride.

Read more: http://www.modbee.com/2008/11/12/495792/should-knee-be-taken-for-hurt.html#ixzz1bU0VGj9g
[/quote]

I was wondering where that article was.

[quote name="Beargrowl" post="1090526" timestamp="1319258545"]
Faithful, dude, seriously??? It's a sign of common respect, sportsmanship, I guess you've never heard of that!
[/quote]

I'm not a dude. I'm the mom of one of those boys on the field tonight. Did you even read the article?

There was no disrespect intended.

[quote name="Always Be Faithful" post="1090542" timestamp="1319258877"]
[quote author=Beargrowl link=topic=90223.msg1090537#msg1090537 date=1319258752]
So I guess this article is the bible of sports ethics?? Please!!! Again, classless!
[/quote]

Are [i]you[/i] the Bible of sports ethics then?
[/quote]

Well, I'm sure not going to base my "rules" off of one person's opinion (writer of that article). It's funny y'alls is the only team I've ever seen do that in my many years of watching high school football. Hmmm.

[quote name="Beargrowl" post="1090546" timestamp="1319259055"]
[quote author=lu cards link=topic=90223.msg1090543#msg1090543 date=1319258923]
png hasnt taken a knee since faircloth got here and its not going to change.i think everyone in the district knows this by now.
[/quote]

Like I said, Classless!!
[/quote]
get that out of here...ur pathetic to think that the coaches and are players were doing that out of disrespect...and i thought yall booing was the best thing to do in that situation...but i dont want to be a person to call that hipacritical...

Coach Faircloth has said that taking a knee is a soccer thing, not football. A lot of football teams do take a knee during an injury, but he chooses not to do it and he means no dis respect. After soccer games the parents make a tunnel with their arms for the kids to run through, I guess HS football should follow that tradition, too.

png hasnt taken a knee since faircloth got here and its not going to change.i think everyone in the district knows this by now.
[/quote]

Like I said, Classless!!
[/quote]

Beargrowl...watch a college football game on Saturday or an NFL game on Sunday...please tell me how many football players take a knee when someone is hurt. Do basketball players take a knee when someone is hurt? Do volleyball or baseball players take a knee when someone is hurt? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of! Maybe PNG has it right, and everyone else should stand up when someone is hurt. Let it go!

[/quote]

Like I said, Classless!!
[/quote]let me try and explain a little better.our coach has coached all over the state and has never seen a team take a knee when a player is hurt.you dont see it on saturday or sunday either.i guess he's doing what he feels is correct.a lot of people from png has raised this issue because its no fun having your kid yelled at for not taking a knee or having your whole team booed like tonight.my personal take is when in rome do as the romans do.take a knee but thats not how our coach chooses to handle it.players are doing what they are told.i know  there is no direspect meant.our coach is a geat family man.i hope at some point we take a knee or fans from other schools understand the situation and just agree to disagree.glad the kid is ok and thought both teams showed a lot of sportsmanship tonight.

Bottom line is Coach Faircloth is a look at me coach who wants to be different than everybody else. We get it, he doesn't take a knee on injuries, he doesn't line up on the fifty to shake hands after the game. He calls timeouts when the score is out of reach to try and score again. I really do not have a problem with this at all.....but all this comes around at some point and time.

[quote name="tupac7" post="1090578" timestamp="1319260742"]
Bottom line is Coach Faircloth is a look at me coach who wants to be different than everybody else. We get it, he doesn't take a knee on injuries, he doesn't line up on the fifty to shake hands after the game. He calls timeouts when the score is out of reach to try and score again. I really do not have a problem with this at all.....but all this comes around at some point and time.
[/quote]
Again...watch football on Saturdays and Sundays...who lines up on the 50 to shake hands? Another 'soccer' tradition too many people around here choose to uphold. When did he call a timeout to run up the score? You're pretty ridiculous, tupac!

I have no "Dog" in this fight but I side with Faircloth on this one. No need to take a knee. It's a choice. When I was coaching I have used the time to call kids over to the sideline to discuss the next play. However a couple of times, when I knew the injuries were severe immediately, I walked out on the field and had my players take a knee. Look, its football. Kids are going to get hurt. I don't want my players taking a knee every time another kid goes down. JMO. Really no right or wrong...

[move][size=12pt][i][b]Go Dogs...District Champs...Finally!!![/b][/i][/size][/move]

[quote name="Beargrowl" post="1090545" timestamp="1319258998"]
[quote author=Always Be Faithful link=topic=90223.msg1090542#msg1090542 date=1319258877]
[quote author=Beargrowl link=topic=90223.msg1090537#msg1090537 date=1319258752]
So I guess this article is the bible of sports ethics?? Please!!! Again, classless!
[/quote]

Are [i]you[/i] the Bible of sports ethics then?
[/quote]

Well, I'm sure not going to base my "rules" off of one person's opinion (writer of that article). It's funny y'alls is the only team I've ever seen do that in my many years of watching high school football. Hmmm.
[/quote]
In the PNG Crosby game, crosby didn't because we know PNG won't... simple as that get the coaching in and send them back out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder