Port Neches-Groves vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/PN-G wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1091331" timestamp="1319329780"]
[quote author=Itiswhatitis link=topic=90223.msg1091319#msg1091319 date=1319328737]
Bb[quote author=Blackrose#2 link=topic=90223.msg1091184#msg1091184 date=1319319538]
It does not matter how long a player is down on the field you should respect the other team as well as the player down and put a knee down. Its common courtesy. That shows you how much class some high school football teams in southeast Texas have or don't have. Not kneeing down for a player is like not taking your hat off for the national anthem.
[/quote]
Blackrose...I hope you realize how stupid your statement is...taking a knee when someone is injured is not remotely close to not taking your hat off for the national anthem...that's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard of. How is standing during an injury disrespectful? PNG is doing nothing wrong...get over yourself.
[/quote]
To most people taking your hat off during the National Anthem is a sign of respect for our country and a team taking a knee during an injury is a sign of respect for the other team. They are both signs of respect. Weather yall choose to believe it or not is irrelevant. Arguing against it is like the marijuana people arguing that its not bad for the body.
[/quote]

Marijuana isn't really bad for you....not sure why that was thrown in.  And I don't even smoke.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jesusfreak" post="1091009" timestamp="1319305547"]
As an Lcm fan at the game last night, I will say I and many around me were embarrassed by the [b][u]select FEW[/u][/b] fans hollering out for png players to take a knee.

I will say to the best of my memory, it seems like most teams I have seen will be silent and take a knee when it APPEARS to be a serious injury.  That was the case last night.  The collision occurred on the Lcm sideline and we had the best view of what appeared to be a very serious injury.  I believe that is what added fuel to the fire.  It had the appearance of a serious injury ( remember last year the orange community had to witness a players death on the sideline ) and it seemed disrespectful to the LCM community that on the png sideline the coaches and players were preparing for the next play while this LCM player layed almost motionless on the field. 

All that being said, I doubt the png players/coaches saw how violent the collision was.  And, regardless, the booing from the lcm fans and the hollering to "take a knee" was ( in my opinion ) classless. 

When your getting your "arse" kicked...  show class.  Tip your hat and work you "arse" off to go get 'em next year.

I may also add I have no problem with a winning team allowing their second and third string to score REGARDLESS of the score.  If you don't like it, then stop them.  Those kids deserve that chance to showcase their skills as well... and many of those kids never get a chance.

If I'm losing, the last thing I want is the winning team to "lay down" for me...  give me your best for four full quarters... and let my team do the same.

Good luck to the indians from here on out... I envy the support your community shows for your team. 

God bless.

A bear fan,

jf
[/quote]

This comment is the BEST comment of this whole thread. 

Gave you some Karma for that.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1091430" timestamp="1319333347"]
[quote author=jesusfreak link=topic=90223.msg1091009#msg1091009 date=1319305547]
As an Lcm fan at the game last night, I will say I and many around me were embarrassed by the [b][u]select FEW[/u][/b] fans hollering out for png players to take a knee.

I will say to the best of my memory, it seems like most teams I have seen will be silent and take a knee when it APPEARS to be a serious injury.  That was the case last night.  The collision occurred on the Lcm sideline and we had the best view of what appeared to be a very serious injury.  I believe that is what added fuel to the fire.  It had the appearance of a serious injury ( remember last year the orange community had to witness a players death on the sideline ) and it seemed disrespectful to the LCM community that on the png sideline the coaches and players were preparing for the next play while this LCM player layed almost motionless on the field. 

All that being said, I doubt the png players/coaches saw how violent the collision was.  And, regardless, the booing from the lcm fans and the hollering to "take a knee" was ( in my opinion ) classless. 

When your getting your "arse" kicked...  show class.  Tip your hat and work you "arse" off to go get 'em next year.

I may also add I have no problem with a winning team allowing their second and third string to score REGARDLESS of the score.  If you don't like it, then stop them.  Those kids deserve that chance to showcase their skills as well... and many of those kids never get a chance.

If I'm losing, the last thing I want is the winning team to "lay down" for me...  give me your best for four full quarters... and let my team do the same.

Good luck to the indians from here on out... I envy the support your community shows for your team. 

God bless.

A bear fan,

jf
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree...can I have some KARMA...? ;D

[quote name="El Sgt Rey (Hispanol)" post="1091444" timestamp="1319333778"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=90223.msg1091430#msg1091430 date=1319333347]
[quote author=jesusfreak link=topic=90223.msg1091009#msg1091009 date=1319305547]

God bless.

A bear fan,

jf
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree...can I have some KARMA...? ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D  Would you want KARMA from a classless trashy PNG person.  ;)

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1091537" timestamp="1319336672"]
[quote author=El Sgt Rey (Hispanol) link=topic=90223.msg1091528#msg1091528 date=1319336208]
Look at my stats...do you think i care...I'm desperate!!!  lol ;D
[/quote]

Had to give you some Karma for that answer.  ;D
[/quote]
Yes!!! I was KARMATED by an Indian...my life has come full circle... ;D

[quote name="El Sgt Rey (Hispanol)" post="1091543" timestamp="1319336804"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=90223.msg1091537#msg1091537 date=1319336672]
[quote author=El Sgt Rey (Hispanol) link=topic=90223.msg1091528#msg1091528 date=1319336208]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I am not a true born and raised Indian so it is only a half circle.  The school I graduated from doesn't exist anymore. 

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1091546" timestamp="1319336922"]
[quote author=El Sgt Rey (Hispanol) link=topic=90223.msg1091543#msg1091543 date=1319336804]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I am not a true born and raised Indian so it is only a half circle.  The school I graduated from doesn't exist anymore.
[/quote]
Where did you graduate from?  And what did you do to ur school? ;D

[quote name="LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui)" post="1091554" timestamp="1319337085"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=90223.msg1091546#msg1091546 date=1319336922]
[quote author=El Sgt Rey (Hispanol) link=topic=90223.msg1091543#msg1091543 date=1319336804]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Where did you graduate from?  And what did you do to ur school? ;D
[/quote]

I graduated from TJ and I had no athletic abilities and still don't but I can cheer for some middle school or high school kids who play their hearts out every week.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="surfer73" post="1091612" timestamp="1319339275"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90223.msg1091605#msg1091605 date=1319339080]
+1 for the sarge

OOORAH!
[/quote] and I Give 2cents a -1 just because, but next week when he is eat-n crow I will give him a +1
[/quote]
i'll take your -1. i love my negative karma. And what will you give me next week when your eating your crow?  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1091615" timestamp="1319339355"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=90223.msg1091612#msg1091612 date=1319339275]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90223.msg1091605#msg1091605 date=1319339080]
+1 for the sarge

OOORAH!
[/quote] and I Give 2cents a -1 just because, but next week when he is eat-n crow I will give him a +1
[/quote]
i'll take your -1. i love my negative karma. And what will you give me next week when your eating your crow?  8)
[/quote] The bet is I will give you + or - 20 karma your choice if Vidor wins.  ;D

Tonight We play (PNG). Tonight We lose to (PNG)!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="surfer73" post="1091617" timestamp="1319339561"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90223.msg1091615#msg1091615 date=1319339355]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=90223.msg1091612#msg1091612 date=1319339275]
+1 for the sarge

OOORAH!
[/quote]
[/quote] The bet is I will give you + or - 20 karma your choice if Vidor wins.  ;D
[/quote]
i'll take that bet  8)

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090970" timestamp="1319301430"]
Honestly, just to piss the dude off saying that all the bear fan's are whinners.
[/quote]

If you think for 1 minute you can EVER piss me off,  you are so sadly mistaken.  I was probably on this board when you were getting your 1st computer, so I'm WAY beyond being pissed off at someone who in reality doesn't exist.  But, since you brought this up,  look back at the thread that was intended to degrade PNG fans in general.  "Biggest Whiners"!  Seriously???  We all know who it was aimed at, and I'm loving every minute of it.  No one takes shots at you when you're on the bottom year after year after year.  Yet everyone thinks it's O.K. to bunch ALL PNG fans together as "whiners",  whether they actually do or not.  And after the schooling that LCM got last night, that's all I've read on here from you guys is WHINING!!!!  Suck it up and just admit that you got taken to the woodshed, and quit complaining about things as trivial as taking a knee, for Christ's sake.    You guys can dwell on this all yr. if ya want,  but we're looking towards Vidor right now.  BTW,  why don't you folks take this issue up with the UIL, if it's REALLY that important to ya.
Oh,  and I hope that Sessar kid is OK.  I DID pray for him while you're fans were busy BOOING us!.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1091643" timestamp="1319340186"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90223.msg1090970#msg1090970 date=1319301430]
Honestly, just to piss the dude off saying that all the bear fan's are whinners.
[/quote]

If you think for 1 minute you can EVER piss me off,  you are so sadly mistaken.  I was probably on this board when you were getting your 1st computer, so I'm WAY beyond being pissed off at someone who in reality doesn't exist.  But, since you brought this up,  look back at the thread that was intended to degrade PNG fans in general.  "Biggest Whiners"!  Seriously???  We all know who it was aimed at, and I'm loving every minute of it.  No one takes shots at you when you're on the bottom year after year after year.  Yet everyone thinks it's O.K. to bunch ALL PNG fans together as "whiners",  whether they actually do or not.  And after the schooling that LCM got last night, that's all I've read on here from you guys is WHINING!!!!  Suck it up and just admit that you got taken to the woodshed, and quit complaining about things as trivial as taking a knee, for Christ's sake.    You guys can dwell on this all yr. if ya want,  but we're looking towards Vidor right now.  BTW,  why don't you folks take this issue up with the UIL, if it's REALLY that important to ya.
Oh,  and I hope that Sessar kid is OK.  I DID pray for him while you're fans were busy BOOING us!.
[/quote]

Verbal ownage lol

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1091643" timestamp="1319340186"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Proud, it's good to have you back from Pennsylvania. ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1091656" timestamp="1319340829"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=90223.msg1091643#msg1091643 date=1319340186]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Proud, it's good to have you back from Pennsylvania. ;D
[/quote]

Thanx Kid.  Happy to be back.  Getting back into the swing of things...as you can tell.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder