Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name="kicker" post="997053" timestamp="1302733725"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg996977#msg996977 date=1302722471]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=82860.msg996976#msg996976 date=1302722372]
Ok.  You just pulling my chain.  lol.  I won't take  you seriously, man!  :D :D
[/quote]Per a VERY VERY reliable source one of them was contacted  ;) he didnt want the job.  and it wasnt Sedberry.  ;)
[/quote]

you are correct. And also the one that was contacted gave their opinion. ;)

I keep saying it, and I will untill im proven wrong, Colbert is a great guy. Of all the sources i have heard from about him, they all have great things to say about him. Now, I am understanding of people getting upset about them outside of WOS for applications. As I understand it, you have to post it. If there is more than one person looking at the job from within, UIL mandates an interview process of x number of people. you also have to take in consideration the EOE rules. I honestly think that our Super. is just crossing all t's and dotting all i's. Honestly, you want a fair and transparent leader in school, government, etc. I hope I am right about this, but i believe that the decision is already made and the path to get there is just being done by the book.
[/quote]

I am glad that you have been able to find reassurance...as of yet, I have not.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, after spending a few minutes on the phone with Mr. Guillory of the committee, I am even less assured that at any point during this process and I am even more convinced now that ever that Cornel Thompson is destined to screwed in this process.

Shortly after griff posted the texting number for Mr. Guillory.  I sent a text saying that Cornel Thompson is the only man the committee should consider for the job. I should have gotten the first clue when the response texted back to was "Y?" and that he wanted me to call him.  In a call which ended with me hanging up on Mr. Guillory made it obvious to me that Coach Thompson is not only not the committee's top choice, but he is quickly being shuffled to the back of the pack by this committee.  First, he denied that other coaches who he had contacted had told him that Cornel Thompson was the guy for the job.  He then said that other coaches whose applications were more qualified than Coach Thompson for the position and then in the same breath told me that Mr. Colbert has ordered that the names of the applicants (We'll see about that as a FOI request has been made with the school district and we are awaiting their reply).  Finally, contrary to what Colbert told the Orange Leader, Coach Thompson is not even guaranteed a spot as finalist for the position.  He claims that Colbert was "misquoted" by Van Wade and that the Leader is to print a retraction on that (as one of the admins here is the editor of the Leader, I'll leave that for him to respond to, if he wishes).  He claims that he has canvassed the community for choices and none of the names that he mentioned was Cornel Thomspson.  As I told him, if he can't make a case for Cornel Thompson as head coach/athletic director, he isn't trying.  And in reality, I don't believe they are.

So, those that are hoping that the district do the right thing and promote Coach Thompson and that this process is just a way of complying with state law, you may want to rethink.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="997090" timestamp="1302743531"]
In fact, after spending a few minutes on the phone with Mr. Guillory of the committee, I am even less assured that at any point during this process and I am even more convinced now that ever that Cornel Thompson is destined to screwed in this process.

Shortly after griff posted the texting number for Mr. Guillory.  I sent a text saying that Cornel Thompson is the only man the committee should consider for the job. I should have gotten the first clue when the response texted back to was "Y?" and that he wanted me to call him.  In a call which ended with me hanging up on Mr. Guillory made it obvious to me that Coach Thompson is not only not the committee's top choice, but he is quickly being shuffled to the back of the pack by this committee.  First, he denied that other coaches who he had contacted had told him that Cornel Thompson was the guy for the job.  He then said that other coaches whose applications were more qualified than Coach Thompson for the position and then in the same breath told me that Mr. Colbert has ordered that the names of the applicants (We'll see about that as a FOI request has been made with the school district and we are awaiting their reply).  Finally, contrary to what Colbert told the Orange Leader, Coach Thompson is not even guaranteed a spot as finalist for the position.  He claims that Colbert was "misquoted" by Van Wade and that the Leader is to print a retraction on that (as one of the admins here is the editor of the Leader, I'll leave that for him to respond to, if he wishes).  He claims that he has canvassed the community for choices and none of the names that he mentioned was Cornel Thomspson.  As I told him, if he can't make a case for Cornel Thompson as head coach/athletic director, he isn't trying.  And in reality, I don't believe they are.

So, those that are hoping that the district do the right thing and promote Coach Thompson and that this process is just a way of complying with state law, you may want to rethink.
[/quote]wow! Makes it even more interesting they contacted Brooks and he didnt even apply for the job.

[/quote]

If they can't see this slam dunk, just watch them in action on the DC.

[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I heard Colbert state during his interview on KOGT that the two in-house applicants were assured to be finalist in the final four finalist list.

[quote name="mat" post="997110" timestamp="1302746618"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg997090#msg997090 date=1302743531]

[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I heard Colbert state during his interview on KOGT that the two in-house applicants were assured to be finalist in the final four finalist list.
[/quote]

I did point that out to Mr. Guillory that as well.

[quote name="griff" post="997099" timestamp="1302745082"]
[quote author=JohnnyT60 link=topic=82860.msg997098#msg997098 date=1302744931]
Why is Guillory on the committee?
[/quote]

Apparently he was chosen by the superintendent.
[/quote]
I was just wondering if there was something that made him more qualified than the other possible candidates.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="997125" timestamp="1302748709"]
You know, Colbert also mentioned that he was going to be very "transparent" with this process. They have narrowed the list down to 6 already and I haven't heard a single candidates name yet... Where's the transparency???
[/quote]

Grad said a Freedom of Information request was filed about the interview and selection process (possibly by him).  Let us know when you hear something, Grad. 

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="997115" timestamp="1302747634"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=82860.msg997099#msg997099 date=1302745082]
[quote author=JohnnyT60 link=topic=82860.msg997098#msg997098 date=1302744931]
Why is Guillory on the committee?
[/quote]

Apparently he was chosen by the superintendent.
[/quote]
I was just wondering if there was something that made him more qualified than the other possible candidates.
[/quote]
My impression is that he was chosen to give the committee a mixture of perspectives - coaches, parents, business community, etc. - all having a part in the process.  Mr. Guillory represents the "parent" being that his son plays for WO-S.

[quote name="griff" post="997144" timestamp="1302751125"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=82860.msg997125#msg997125 date=1302748709]
You know, Colbert also mentioned that he was going to be very "transparent" with this process. They have narrowed the list down to 6 already and I haven't heard a single candidates name yet... Where's the transparency???
[/quote]

Grad said a Freedom of Information request was filed about the interview and selection process (possibly by him).  Let us know when you hear something, Grad.  
[/quote]

It was submitted to Lorraine Shipman, Director of Information for the WO-C CISD by me on Monday.  I have not had an opportunity to follow up, I intend on doing that on tomorrow.

[quote name="dee" post="997156" timestamp="1302752266"]
What about the kids? Everyone is talking about everything but the kids. I'm sure they are watching you so called adults talking on here. This is really getting stupid I'm glad this will be over soon.
[/quote]

The immmediate issue here is about a coach.  His promotion or denial into the head coach position will have long term effects on the kids at the school. 

What's stupid is this...

...the fact that WO-S family are now in a sense of urgency to convince our superintendent and his search committee about a man who has 30+ years of making boys into men and being a major success in his craft is by far the best man for the job they are trying to fill. 

[quote name="dee" post="997156" timestamp="1302752266"]
What about the kids? Everyone is talking about everything but the kids. I'm sure they are watching you so called adults talking on here. This is really getting stupid I'm glad this will be over soon.
[/quote]

This is about the kids and the best person to lead those kids to continue the WO-S program as it has been.  The committee is ignoring that.  But I shouldn't be surprised, this is district that hasn't given a crap about the kids for the last 10-15 years.

The issue should and always be the kids. I'am one of those guys that Thompson help to grow into a man, but the Thompson I know would not like the tones or some of the stuff that is coming out of some of the guys mouth. I doubt that someone who walked into those doors of that fieldhouse would say some of the things I have seen. I'm not a computer tough guy so I'll stay out of you guys conversation.

[quote name="football04" post="997165" timestamp="1302753890"]
I really thought this would take a few days and be done ? I guess it's not as cut and dryed as i would have thought, is there some bad blood within the district that would make them hire someone else, this seems like it's sending a bad message
[/quote]

You're right.  It shouldn't be that difficult.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin