• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="994721" timestamp="1302297722"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=82860.msg994704#msg994704 date=1302295361]
How about that old LC-M coach, Moody?  :o :o
[/quote]

Wait 'til the next time I see you at Hamburger Depot!
[/quote][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-003.gif[/img][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-003.gif[/img]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="995210" timestamp="1302388852"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg994706#msg994706 date=1302295576]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=82860.msg994704#msg994704 date=1302295361]
How about that old LC-M coach, Moody?  :o :o
[/quote]lawd no!!  :D
[/quote] :D :D  Bojo in effect in Mustang Land!
[/quote] :D :D :D

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="995216" timestamp="1302391097"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg995208#msg995208 date=1302388382]
Dean Colbert to WO-S!!  :o
[/quote]

Is he related to the Supt? Nepotism is illegal in TX
[/quote] :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="995240" timestamp="1302397444"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=82860.msg995231#msg995231 date=1302396042]
LC-M sure hopes so!!  LOL!!!!!!    ;D

[/quote]
[/quote] :D :D :D :D  I called it!
[/quote]

No, not Colbert, but y'all are getting warm.  Reports over the weekend that I got indicate that Colbert's media tour looks like it was merely to lower some guards and that some of the "qualities" that he and his blue ribbon committee are seeking have NOTHING to do with coaching ability.  Those that wish to dismiss on the basis that Colbert is a "personable" guy or knows all about sports, well that is your right to do so.  However, those that wish to see Cornel Thompson as the next head coach need to take a big interest and contact the folks at the WOCCISD and let those folks know that they are being watched.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="995717" timestamp="1302539594"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg995240#msg995240 date=1302397444]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=82860.msg995231#msg995231 date=1302396042]
LC-M sure hopes so!!   LOL!!!!!!     ;D

[/quote]
[/quote] :D :D :D :D  I called it!
[/quote]

No, not Colbert, but y'all are getting warm.  Reports over the weekend that I got indicate that Colbert's media tour looks like it was merely to lower some guards and that some of the "qualities" that he and his blue ribbon committee are seeking have NOTHING to do with coaching ability.  Those that wish to dismiss on the basis that Colbert is a "personable" guy or knows all about sports, well that is your right to do so.  However, those that wish to see Cornel Thompson as the next head coach need to take a big interest and contact the folks at the WOCCISD and let those folks know that they are being watched.
[/quote]

Grad, your scaring me. Is there some information that we need to know about whats really going on? Please tell me that this is not going to be a bait and switch job. Cornel deserves that job and evryone in the state knows that. In my opinion, there is no way that the board and super would make that huge of mistake. how could they? Do they understand what would happen if he didnt get the job? I will be the first to say that I wont be watching the Mustangs anymore. The attendence at the games would be nil.

Im with you Johnny. Im not sure if he has a clue of the ramifications if he passes up Cornel. There will be a Mass Exodus from Mustang land. Mr. Colbert could turn this school into 1A with one decision. Like I said before, I have heard nothing but great things about the man. hopefully were all over reacting. Cornell Thompson deserves that job. He IS Mustang football. Look what happened when he left in 99 season. We had one of the worst years ever. He comes back in 2000 and we go to the BIG game. Surely someone with intelect could rationalize that argument, surely. Like I said before, if he doesnt get it, Im gone. Reason being is the respect I have for that man and what he molded us into for adulthood. Put it this way, when I had my first college practice I thought it was a joke. i thought, surley college has to be harder than highschool? HAHA was i mistaken. Even Pro ball was way easier than the WOS program. That dicipline and work ethic that he demands is reason alone to give him the job. Why in the**** are we even having to talk about this??

[quote name="kicker" post="995775" timestamp="1302545840"]
Im with you Johnny. Im not sure if he has a clue of the ramifications if he passes up Cornel. There will be a Mass Exodus from Mustang land. Mr. Colbert could turn this school into 1A with one decision. Like I said before, I have heard nothing but great things about the man. hopefully were all over reacting. Cornell Thompson deserves that job. He IS Mustang football. [b]Look what happened when he left in 99 season.[/b] We had one of the worst years ever. He comes back in 2000 and we go to the BIG game. Surely someone with intelect could rationalize that argument, surely. Like I said before, if he doesnt get it, Im gone. Reason being is the respect I have for that man and what he molded us into for adulthood. Put it this way, when I had my first college practice I thought it was a joke. i thought, surley college has to be harder than highschool? HAHA was i mistaken. Even Pro ball was way easier than the WOS program. That dicipline and work ethic that he demands is reason alone to give him the job. Why in the**** are we even having to talk about this??
[/quote]That Lincoln game was epic  :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="995777" timestamp="1302546122"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82860.msg995775#msg995775 date=1302545840]
Im with you Johnny. Im not sure if he has a clue of the ramifications if he passes up Cornel. There will be a Mass Exodus from Mustang land. Mr. Colbert could turn this school into 1A with one decision. Like I said before, I have heard nothing but great things about the man. hopefully were all over reacting. Cornell Thompson deserves that job. He IS Mustang football. [b]Look what happened when he left in 99 season.[/b] We had one of the worst years ever. He comes back in 2000 and we go to the BIG game. Surely someone with intelect could rationalize that argument, surely. Like I said before, if he doesnt get it, Im gone. Reason being is the respect I have for that man and what he molded us into for adulthood. Put it this way, when I had my first college practice I thought it was a joke. i thought, surley college has to be harder than highschool? HAHA was i mistaken. Even Pro ball was way easier than the WOS program. That dicipline and work ethic that he demands is reason alone to give him the job. Why in the**** are we even having to talk about this??
[/quote]

That has to be the most embarrasing loss in WOS history. But, Lincoln had a great team that year. Wasnt Shaunderik Charles the runningback?

[quote name="kicker" post="995783" timestamp="1302546445"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg995777#msg995777 date=1302546122]
[/quote]

That has to be the most embarrasing loss in WOS history. But, Lincoln had a great team that year. Wasnt Shaunderik Charles the runningback?
[/quote]Yessir! WO-S gave the game away...LITERALLY!!!! (muff punt, Lincoln TD, Game Over, Students rush the field)  :D

[quote name="kicker" post="995775" timestamp="1302545840"]
Im with you Johnny. Im not sure if he has a clue of the ramifications if he passes up Cornel. There will be a Mass Exodus from Mustang land. Mr. Colbert could turn this school into 1A with one decision. Like I said before, I have heard nothing but great things about the man. hopefully were all over reacting. Cornell Thompson deserves that job. He IS Mustang football. Look what happened when he left in 99 season. We had one of the worst years ever. He comes back in 2000 and we go to the BIG game. Surely someone with intelect could rationalize that argument, surely. Like I said before, if he doesnt get it, Im gone. Reason being is the respect I have for that man and what he molded us into for adulthood. Put it this way, when I had my first college practice I thought it was a joke. i thought, surley college has to be harder than highschool? HAHA was i mistaken. Even Pro ball was way easier than the WOS program. That dicipline and work ethic that he demands is reason alone to give him the job. Why in the**** are we even having to talk about this??
[/quote]

Kicker, I didn't think Cornell left in the '99 season.  I thought he left after the 2000 season for three years ('01, '02, '03) and was back in '04.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="995831" timestamp="1302551123"]
[/quote]

Kicker, I didn't think Cornell left in the '99 season.  I thought he left after the 2000 season for three years ('01, '02, '03) and was back in '04.
[/quote]

You're correct, stangfan.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012