Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name="kicker" post="996865" timestamp="1302708590"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=82860.msg996201#msg996201 date=1302617688]
For those of you who are saying you are gone if Cornell doesn't get the job needs to leave now. You are showing you are nothing more than a bandwagon Mustang fan who wasn't here for the kids and truly don't care about them. So if Cornell doesn't get the job, you can follow him wherever he goes. This is a hard decision for everyone who's having to make the decision and although it might be a no brainer for some of you, there are stipulations that needs to be met to get the school and program to the next level and the next head coach needs to be willing to do what is required of the job or they don't need to be at Wo-s. It's the same if a player or student doesn't want to do what's required they need to leave. Now I like both coach Thompson and Toby, but I care mostly about these kids and this school which I graduated from. There are some changes that need to be made and they will be made. If coach Thompson gets the job, then I will be happy, just like I will if Toby gets it, but they both need to be willing to do whatever is asked of them to move this school and program forward in the right direction. All of the community isn't leaning one way or the other. Opinions vary, I can tell you that. There are pros and cons with each candidate. So all of you who are willing to leave, all I need to ask you is, do you need help packing because we don't need fans like you. Don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out. This school will be fine regardless.
[/quote]

Whovere you are need to take you foot out of your mouith. You come on here bashing some of the most loyal fans that WOS has. Obviously because you became subjective instead of objective, you have a bone to pick with situation. i dont know who you are, and frankly dont care but dont come on here and bash us when you are a newbie. you want to call us bandwaggoners? I have been a fan since 1980, yeah the year i was born. I also played for WOS and have continued to support them my whole adult life. People like you have no business getting on a board bashing people. Give your opinion? Yes Bash us? No If you had the respect for Cornell or Toby you would understand what we are talking about. The ones that are saying this have reliable information of what is really going on in the situation. Its like something BISD would do. So you, my friend, Leave the board or whatever your mouth crapped out.
[/quote]

First of all, I'm not a newbie. I've been on this board many times before. I guess I struck a nerve and your feelings was hurt because of what I said, but some of you are going to have a serious stroke about this. It doesn't matter how much you kick and scream and harrass people on their phone, the process is going to go forward and the best man will get the job. As I stated, the opinions on this situation varies, so the committy has too listen to everyone. I do have first hand information on what's going on so don't assume I don't. I was also an athlete at Wo-s, so try again. So maybe you need to get off the board for a while so you can calm your nerves before you have a heart attack. As I said, if coach Thompson gets the job then I will be happy as well with Toby. It's not right for you and others to bash the people who are making the decision and question their cridentials just because the process isn't moving fast enough for you or your afraid things won't go as you want. This is a hard decision whether you think it should be or not. Some of you are on here acting like kids. For the record, I don't have a child on the team. I have a nephew on the team whos in the eighth grade and he's a starter so no, I'm not a disgruntled parent, but Ive seen alot and heard alot. I'm not leaving the board because your feeling are hurt because of what I said. If you can't handle it then maybe you need to leave and calm your nerves. You guys complain about women whinning, but geez, some of you sound like some little woosies.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="996875" timestamp="1302710026"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=82860.msg996354#msg996354 date=1302638762]
The school board election is where change needs to be made, most people haven't figured that out. As far a people being in positions because of other things other than ability, well that has been going on with the program for a while. To much putting on friends and family and passing over people who are probably more qualified, so don't assume by what your hearing that, these people you are referring to are only being put in these positions because of anything other than ability. It's giving these people the opportunities that they were constantly being passed over for. As I stated, I love coach Thompson. I don't want my comments to leave people thinking I have anything against him. I think he is a great coach, but as I stated there are some things that the new coach needs to be willing to do in order to bring this school and program to the next level. There are alot of good candidates and we want a great coach, but we also want someone who is going to care about every sport, every kid and give every kid the opportunity to succeed on and off the field. Kids don't need to be ran off from the school because they don't fit the stereotype of what a mustang player should look like. Every kid should get the opportunity to shine on the team , not just the player that you looked at when they were in the seventh grade and you decided, this is going to be my starter in high school...make them earn it, because this kid might not have gotten any better since, but the one you overlooked back then might have, but you will never notice because you are too busy having this picture of what this kid is going to be in your head that you can't see the superstar on the sidelines. This isn't directed at coach T, but there have been  some of that going on.

By the way, I'm a female.
[/quote]

Once again, foot in mouth. You are making my "little Jimmy" point accurate. You say that kids get "runn off" because they dont fit the "look"? That is funny right there. the kids that leave, leave because they werent mentally tough enough to play at WOS. look and see where those kids are in life now. You probably dont want to know. I see you are one of those people that believe everyone wins and everyone plays. Well guess what, thats not life, thats 6 yr old basketball. Wow. i cant believe my "little jimmy" logic was just proved. I love it. You want to know where "little jimmy" schools go? No where. These kids at WOCCISD deserve the BEST coach for the job and the BEST opportunity to have dicipline instilled in them so they can succeed in life and understand that you dont always win. I will always support the kids. However, if the WOCCISD board doesnt have changes then I wont support them. These people are paid by our tax dollars. They represent the community and students at WOS, by bringing in an outsider i honestly believe it will hurt the kids. That is...if there will be any left at the school.
[/quote]

LOL. My little Jimmy? How old are you? my goodness. The committy is working to get the best coach for the job and for the  kids, but because they haven't moved in your favor, you question that? The process has to go on and the best person for the job will be chosen. It's a shame this has to be explained to some so called grown men.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="996362" timestamp="1302642251"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=82860.msg996354#msg996354 date=1302638762]
[/quote]

Thank you for letting me know that, but to me that has no bearing.
[/quote]

I stated this because two people kept referring to me as he.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="996385" timestamp="1302644561"]
The school board election is where change needs to be made, most people haven't figured that out. As far a people being in positions because of other things other than ability, well that has been going on with the program for a while. To much putting on friends and family and passing over people who are probably more qualified, so don't assume by what your hearing that, these people you are referring to are only being put in these positions because of anything other than ability. It's giving these people the opportunities that they were constantly being passed over for. As I stated, I love coach Thompson. I don't want my comments to leave people thinking I have anything against him. I think he is a great coach, but as I stated there are some things that the new coach needs to be willing to do in order to bring this school and program to the next level. There are alot of good candidates and we want a great coach, but we also want someone who is going to care about every sport, every kid and give every kid the opportunity to succeed on and off the field. [b]Kids don't need to be ran off from the school because they don't fit the stereotype of what a mustang player should look [/b] like. Every kid should get the opportunity to shine on the team , not just the player that you looked at when they were in the seventh grade and you decided, this is going to be my starter in high school...make them earn it, because this kid might not have gotten any better since, but the one you overlooked back then might have, but you will never notice because you are too busy having this picture of what this kid is going to be in your head that you can't see the superstar on the sidelines. This isn't directed at coach T, but there have been  some of that going on.

[/quote]

Are you talking about discipline or something else? Because if it's discipline, I have no problem with demanding discipline or exclusion.
[/quote]

No I'm not referring to discipline, I'm all for discipline.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="997091" timestamp="1302743979"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg997090#msg997090 date=1302743531]
In fact, after spending a few minutes on the phone with Mr. Guillory of the committee, I am even less assured that at any point during this process and I am even more convinced now that ever that Cornel Thompson is destined to screwed in this process.

Shortly after griff posted the texting number for Mr. Guillory.  I sent a text saying that Cornel Thompson is the only man the committee should consider for the job. I should have gotten the first clue when the response texted back to was "Y?" and that he wanted me to call him.  In a call which ended with me hanging up on Mr. Guillory made it obvious to me that Coach Thompson is not only not the committee's top choice, but he is quickly being shuffled to the back of the pack by this committee.  First, he denied that other coaches who he had contacted had told him that Cornel Thompson was the guy for the job.  He then said that other coaches whose applications were more qualified than Coach Thompson for the position and then in the same breath told me that Mr. Colbert has ordered that the names of the applicants (We'll see about that as a FOI request has been made with the school district and we are awaiting their reply).  Finally, contrary to what Colbert told the Orange Leader, Coach Thompson is not even guaranteed a spot as finalist for the position.  He claims that Colbert was "misquoted" by Van Wade and that the Leader is to print a retraction on that (as one of the admins here is the editor of the Leader, I'll leave that for him to respond to, if he wishes).  He claims that he has canvassed the community for choices and none of the names that he mentioned was Cornel Thomspson.  As I told him, if he can't make a case for Cornel Thompson as head coach/athletic director, he isn't trying.  And in reality, I don't believe they are.

So, those that are hoping that the district do the right thing and promote Coach Thompson and that this process is just a way of complying with state law, you may want to rethink.
[/quote]wow! Makes it even more interesting they contacted Brooks and he didnt even apply for the job.
[/quote] Brooks and Coach T are very very good friends, why would he apply!

The reason folks are getting upset is because the decision should be an easy one and from what some of the board members are making known (or should I say "a" board member) it's not going to be so cut and dry. Some may handle that frustration differently than others, but it is a stressful stuation for those who care about the community and the kids. Not saying you don't care mustangproud, but others see it differently. That's what makes this community special, right?

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="997184" timestamp="1302775708"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg997091#msg997091 date=1302743979]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg997090#msg997090 date=1302743531]
In fact, after spending a few minutes on the phone with Mr. Guillory of the committee, I am even less assured that at any point during this process and I am even more convinced now that ever that Cornel Thompson is destined to screwed in this process.

Shortly after griff posted the texting number for Mr. Guillory.  I sent a text saying that Cornel Thompson is the only man the committee should consider for the job. I should have gotten the first clue when the response texted back to was "Y?" and that he wanted me to call him.  In a call which ended with me hanging up on Mr. Guillory made it obvious to me that Coach Thompson is not only not the committee's top choice, but he is quickly being shuffled to the back of the pack by this committee.  First, he denied that other coaches who he had contacted had told him that Cornel Thompson was the guy for the job.  He then said that other coaches whose applications were more qualified than Coach Thompson for the position and then in the same breath told me that Mr. Colbert has ordered that the names of the applicants (We'll see about that as a FOI request has been made with the school district and we are awaiting their reply).  Finally, contrary to what Colbert told the Orange Leader, Coach Thompson is not even guaranteed a spot as finalist for the position.  He claims that Colbert was "misquoted" by Van Wade and that the Leader is to print a retraction on that (as one of the admins here is the editor of the Leader, I'll leave that for him to respond to, if he wishes).  He claims that he has canvassed the community for choices and none of the names that he mentioned was Cornel Thomspson.  As I told him, if he can't make a case for Cornel Thompson as head coach/athletic director, he isn't trying.  And in reality, I don't believe they are.

So, those that are hoping that the district do the right thing and promote Coach Thompson and that this process is just a way of complying with state law, you may want to rethink.
[/quote]wow! Makes it even more interesting they contacted Brooks and he didnt even apply for the job.
[/quote] Brooks and Coach T are very very good friends, why would he apply!
[/quote]true

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="996383" timestamp="1302644386"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=82860.msg996355#msg996355 date=1302639044]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=82860.msg996342#msg996342 date=1302637420]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg996081#msg996081 date=1302575785]
If Coach T isnt named the HC things will turn upside down in West Orange
[/quote] If Coach T or Toby is NOT named the School would be 2A within 2 years and 1A in 4 years, write it down.
[/quote]
I wrote it down! ;D

I am pretty sure one of them will get it.
[/quote]

If so this Super has let things get stirred up that didn't need to be stirred up and is obviously dividing the community.
[/quote]

Grad thanks for the ad. lol

Guys there are a ton of rumors out there. I don't know which ones are true and I feel certain no one else really knows either. That being said I can see how they make us all nervous about Coach T not getting the job.

Johnny I'm not sure what the Super has done to allow things to get stirred up? As i understand it, when both Toby and Coach T applied for the job he then had to open it up. So that is what was done. There is no way he could have opened it up and then made a public statement that one of them would get the job. No way that is legal. Has to be some sort of discrimination. I'm not saying believe or don't believe what you hear. We all have to dig through all of the rumors and decide what to believe. Time is the only thing that will tell which rumors are true and which ones were just that, rumors. I, just as all of you have no say on who is hired as our next AD other than to make a phone call and voice my opinion on what I think should happen. That being said, please get out and vote. Early voting is held at the public library May 2-10. The election is held on May 14th.

[quote name="td" post="997230" timestamp="1302789425"]
[quote author=JohnnyT60 link=topic=82860.msg996383#msg996383 date=1302644386]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=82860.msg996355#msg996355 date=1302639044]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=82860.msg996342#msg996342 date=1302637420]
[/quote] If Coach T or Toby is NOT named the School would be 2A within 2 years and 1A in 4 years, write it down.
[/quote]
I wrote it down! ;D

[/quote]

If so this Super has let things get stirred up that didn't need to be stirred up and is obviously dividing the community.
[/quote]

Guys there are a ton of rumors out there. I don't know which ones are true and I feel certain no one else really knows either. That being said I can see how they make us all nervous about Coach T not getting the job.

Johnny I'm not sure what the Super has done to allow things to get stirred up? As i understand it, when both Toby and Coach T applied for the job he then had to open it up. So that is what was done. There is no way he could have opened it up and then made a public statement that one of them would get the job. No way that is legal. Has to be some sort of discrimination. I'm not saying believe or don't believe what you hear. We all have to dig through all of the rumors and decide what to believe. Time is the only thing that will tell which rumors are true and which ones were just that, rumors. I, just as all of you have no say on who is hired as our next AD other than to make a phone call and voice my opinion on what I think should happen. That being said, please get out and vote. Early voting is held at the public library May 2-10. The election is held on May 14th.
[/quote]

Because it should have been done by now.

And td, it shouldn't be left to rumor.  Those taxpayers and patrons of Mustangs games, who pay Colbert's salary and will pay the salary of the new coach, have a perfect right to know who this committee is considering as the athletic director of this school district.  The rumors are flying because this committee has made NOTHING known.  Tho public has been given nothing to judge and see whether this committee has chosen the best candidate.

I'll say this about Erick Guillory, I think he is a snake that is in on this, but at least he's been willing to interact with the public on the matter. However, the committee as a whole has failed to act with the "transparency" that was promised by Mr. Colbert.  Until that changes, they themselves are fostering the belief that this is not on the up and up.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="997251" timestamp="1302792495"]
[quote author=td link=topic=82860.msg997230#msg997230 date=1302789425]
[quote author=JohnnyT60 link=topic=82860.msg996383#msg996383 date=1302644386]
[/quote]
I wrote it down! ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because it should have been done by now.
[/quote]

I don't think there is anyway to do it any faster while at the same time complying with all of the EOE laws. Who knows though. It just seems to be going really fast compared to alot of the others. Time will tell.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="997177" timestamp="1302767103"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82860.msg996865#msg996865 date=1302708590]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=82860.msg996201#msg996201 date=1302617688]
For those of you who are saying you are gone if Cornell doesn't get the job needs to leave now. You are showing you are nothing more than a bandwagon Mustang fan who wasn't here for the kids and truly don't care about them. So if Cornell doesn't get the job, you can follow him wherever he goes. This is a hard decision for everyone who's having to make the decision and although it might be a no brainer for some of you, there are stipulations that needs to be met to get the school and program to the next level and the next head coach needs to be willing to do what is required of the job or they don't need to be at Wo-s. It's the same if a player or student doesn't want to do what's required they need to leave. Now I like both coach Thompson and Toby, but I care mostly about these kids and this school which I graduated from. There are some changes that need to be made and they will be made. If coach Thompson gets the job, then I will be happy, just like I will if Toby gets it, but they both need to be willing to do whatever is asked of them to move this school and program forward in the right direction. All of the community isn't leaning one way or the other. Opinions vary, I can tell you that. There are pros and cons with each candidate. So all of you who are willing to leave, all I need to ask you is, do you need help packing because we don't need fans like you. Don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out. This school will be fine regardless.
[/quote]

Whovere you are need to take you foot out of your mouith. You come on here bashing some of the most loyal fans that WOS has. Obviously because you became subjective instead of objective, you have a bone to pick with situation. i dont know who you are, and frankly dont care but dont come on here and bash us when you are a newbie. you want to call us bandwaggoners? I have been a fan since 1980, yeah the year i was born. I also played for WOS and have continued to support them my whole adult life. People like you have no business getting on a board bashing people. Give your opinion? Yes Bash us? No If you had the respect for Cornell or Toby you would understand what we are talking about. The ones that are saying this have reliable information of what is really going on in the situation. Its like something BISD would do. So you, my friend, Leave the board or whatever your mouth crapped out.
[/quote]

First of all, I'm not a newbie. I've been on this board many times before. I guess I struck a nerve and your feelings was hurt because of what I said, but some of you are going to have a serious stroke about this. It doesn't matter how much you kick and scream and harrass people on their phone, the process is going to go forward and the best man will get the job. As I stated, the opinions on this situation varies, so the committy has too listen to everyone. I do have first hand information on what's going on so don't assume I don't. I was also an athlete at Wo-s, so try again. So maybe you need to get off the board for a while so you can calm your nerves before you have a heart attack. As I said, if coach Thompson gets the job then I will be happy as well with Toby. It's not right for you and others to bash the people who are making the decision and question their cridentials just because the process isn't moving fast enough for you or your afraid things won't go as you want. This is a hard decision whether you think it should be or not. Some of you are on here acting like kids. For the record, I don't have a child on the team. I have a nephew on the team whos in the eighth grade and he's a starter so no, I'm not a disgruntled parent, but Ive seen alot and heard alot. I'm not leaving the board because your feeling are hurt because of what I said. If you can't handle it then maybe you need to leave and calm your nerves. You guys complain about women whinning, but geez, some of you sound like some little woosies.
[/quote]

Wow, i love the name calling and put downs. Thats real mature. First of all I didnt call anyone, much less harass them. Second, I havent bashed anyone. if you READ my posts you will see that i have defended our Super. and think some people are paniking for no reason. Obviously your getting confused with who posted what. And if you want to single me out, how come you are the only poster that hasnt defended the fact that Coach Thompson should get it. There are posters from our rivals that think he is a no brainer for the job.I also think toby is a great canidate for the job but is not ready. Best case scenario would be for coach Thompson to get it and toby be the AD in waiting. My feelings are not hurt, im not going to have a heart attack, and will not get off the board. i have a right to my opinion, but do not say I "bashed" anyone because I did not and never have. You are the one that seems to be getting upset. i guess us "woosies" ( great word by the way) should not have an opinion to who is the best fit for the job when the board WANTS us to give them feedback.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="997278" timestamp="1302794035"]
And td, it shouldn't be left to rumor.  Those taxpayers and patrons of Mustangs games, who pay Colbert's salary and will pay the salary of the new coach, have a perfect right to know who this committee is considering as the athletic director of this school district.  The rumors are flying because this committee has made NOTHING known.  Tho public has been given nothing to judge and see whether this committee has chosen the best candidate.

I'll say this about Erick Guillory, I think he is a snake that is in on this, but at least he been willing to interact with the public on the matter. However, the committee as a whole has failed to act with the "transparency" that was promised by Mr. Colbert.  Until that changes, they themselves are fostering the belief that this is not on the up and up.  
[/quote]

There is a lot in your statement that I absolutely agree with. I think it would be nice to know who the candidates are also. It's times like this that I feel compelled to hold my tongue just because I'm running for the school board. However, that's not my style. Never has been, never will be. You having a RIGHT to know is absurd. Our only rights are found under the FOI act and no one is begrudging us that. That's like telling a cop he can't give you a ticket because you pay his salary. The public votes on the board, the board hires the Super, he recommends the AD then the board has to approve that decision. What you are wanting to do is micro-manage and that's never a good idea. Don't take what I'm saying as being on a different page as most of yall on here. I just think sometimes we think we are owed more than what we really are. We hire people to do a job. Let's let them do that job. If something is not on the up and up then there is a committee to stop it and if that doesn't happen then there is yet another line of defense and that is the school board that can also stop it. I understand the lack of confidence in the school board but if this thing goes in a different direction than we are all thinking, then there will be not only the Super, but the committee and the school board to hold accountable.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="997178" timestamp="1302767783"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82860.msg996875#msg996875 date=1302710026]
The school board election is where change needs to be made, most people haven't figured that out. As far a people being in positions because of other things other than ability, well that has been going on with the program for a while. To much putting on friends and family and passing over people who are probably more qualified, so don't assume by what your hearing that, these people you are referring to are only being put in these positions because of anything other than ability. It's giving these people the opportunities that they were constantly being passed over for. As I stated, I love coach Thompson. I don't want my comments to leave people thinking I have anything against him. I think he is a great coach, but as I stated there are some things that the new coach needs to be willing to do in order to bring this school and program to the next level. There are alot of good candidates and we want a great coach, but we also want someone who is going to care about every sport, every kid and give every kid the opportunity to succeed on and off the field. Kids don't need to be ran off from the school because they don't fit the stereotype of what a mustang player should look like. Every kid should get the opportunity to shine on the team , not just the player that you looked at when they were in the seventh grade and you decided, this is going to be my starter in high school...make them earn it, because this kid might not have gotten any better since, but the one you overlooked back then might have, but you will never notice because you are too busy having this picture of what this kid is going to be in your head that you can't see the superstar on the sidelines. This isn't directed at coach T, but there have been  some of that going on.

[/quote]

Once again, foot in mouth. You are making my "little Jimmy" point accurate. You say that kids get "runn off" because they dont fit the "look"? That is funny right there. the kids that leave, leave because they werent mentally tough enough to play at WOS. look and see where those kids are in life now. You probably dont want to know. I see you are one of those people that believe everyone wins and everyone plays. Well guess what, thats not life, thats 6 yr old basketball. Wow. i cant believe my "little jimmy" logic was just proved. I love it. You want to know where "little jimmy" schools go? No where. These kids at WOCCISD deserve the BEST coach for the job and the BEST opportunity to have dicipline instilled in them so they can succeed in life and understand that you dont always win. I will always support the kids. However, if the WOCCISD board doesnt have changes then I wont support them. These people are paid by our tax dollars. They represent the community and students at WOS, by bringing in an outsider i honestly believe it will hurt the kids. That is...if there will be any left at the school.
[/quote]

LOL. My little Jimmy? How old are you? my goodness. The committy is working to get the best coach for the job and for the  kids, but because they haven't moved in your favor, you question that? The process has to go on and the best person for the job will be chosen. It's a shame this has to be explained to some so called grown men.
[/quote]

Why are you so adamant about insulting me? And yes I am a grown man, a respected man. i dont know what you are trying to provoke on here but its not going to work with me. Im not insuting you, and I would appreciate you to stop insuting me. Obviously you dont know who I am, and thats ok, but if you did, you wouldnt be calling me a child or whatever things you tend to brumble out of your mouth.

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="997330" timestamp="1302800212"]
The Hiring is the 26th. They have 6 Candidates with Coach Thompson and Toby being 2 of them. Was unable to get the names of the final 4.
[/quote]

You may be right Coop but I thought it was the 25th.

[quote name="td" post="997316" timestamp="1302798422"]

I don't think there is anyway to do it any faster while at the same time complying with all of the EOE laws....
[/quote]

td, if the reports I have heard from multiple sources are correct, this committee has NO worries about being the subject of an EEOC investigation.

[quote name="td" post="997326" timestamp="1302799897"]
Our only rights are found under the FOI act and no one is begrudging us that.
[/quote]

Wouldn't be so sure about that.  A request meeting the requirements of the Texas Public Information Act was submitted to Lorraine Shannon, Director of Information for the West Orange-Cove CISD, and the person I was directed to submit such a request to.

Now, for me to assign cause as to why now 3 days after I have made such a request and almost a week since the deadline for submitting applications for the head coach/athletic director position have passed, along with the fact that there are reports that the committee has come up with six "finalists" and my request has been met with silence would be idle speculation on my part.

But I will say this.  While we are not close friends, I know Lorraine Shannon.  I have made requests of information of her in the past which have been complied with in a matter of hours, sometimes even minutes.  Moreover, I know her to be a very frank woman. 

Given the above, I'll just say this silence is doing nothing to allay the concerns and grievances I have previously stated.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="997373" timestamp="1302806009"]
Does anyone know who applied from the DFW area?
[/quote]

At this point, unless they come forward.  Nobody knows where any of the applicants or their names are from.  In fact, the only 2 that anyone knows for certain actually applied are Cornel Thompson and Toby Foreman simply because they have made it known that they applied.

Of course, in fairness to the WOC CISD, the district has until next Monday to decide if they even intend to comply with my FOI request so they have broken no laws by not responding to me at this point.  But they do not have to wait that long and I see no reason why they should wait.

I have been quietly following this thread since I no longer live in Orange and don't have a dog in this fight, however I will say this.  I graduated from WO-S in 1984 when we were still a strong and proud 5A school.  I left Orange in 1989 and joined the service. I haven't lived there since but have always still followed closely the things happening at WO-S and the Orange area.  While I understand the need to accept applications and to interview others, the decision of who the next HC/AD should be should have been decided the day Coach Hooks announced his retirement even though it would have to remain a secret until hiring formalities had been completed. To me it doesn't matter who else applied, the one most deserving for the position is Coach Thompson.  He has been at the heart of Mustang athletics far to long to be passed over.  At one time I would have loved for my sons to have played football at WO-S had I stayed in Orange, but with the direction the school has taken the last 10-15 years I am not so sure about that.  One thing I am sure of however is that I agree with some of the other post that states this decision could effect the complete future of the district.  I could very well see WO-S being a 2A school in the next 3-5 years if the decision is a bad one.  I think most of us will agree that sadly many kids stay in school only to plays sports and successful sports programs will keep them around for that.  And as far as those not playing sports with the recent academic history of WO-S, its not easy to miss the fact a lot of parents would consider moving to other districts close by where a better quality education can be obtained.  Sorry if that last statement angers anyone, and its one I as a grad of WO-S hates to make, but academics there are not the same as when I was there. Sometimes and outsider can see things those involved within cannot.  It is what it is...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder