• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cbear4" post="853470" timestamp="1285160259"]
[quote author=Raider81 link=topic=73268.msg853440#msg853440 date=1285155109]
September 21, 2010

This is Andrew Lack's response in a letter to the editor at the PA News:

http://panews.com/sports/x1535825315/Lack-defends-his-decision-to-exit-Nederland
[/quote]
While WOS is faced with dealing with the loss of their QB, you guys are questioning a coaches decision and who will start for his team in the next game.
[/quote]
I could not agree with you more! WOS is having to say goodbye to  their leader and best friend Saturday at noon and here is all this bickering on who should and should not be QB at Nederland. Get over it and grow up!

[quote name="atb63" post="853491" timestamp="1285162342"]
When I read the reply by Lack, the first thing that jumped out at me was this:

"The way the situation actually happened was Ben Jones, Austin Dial, and I  were all talking on the sideline during practice about Dionte Forney. What was said was that we thought it was wrong for the coaches to use Carson (Raines) and toss him to the sideline when they didn’t need him anymore."

First, Lack, and the other players disrespected the Coaches by stating that the coaches just used Raines and tossed him to the side.
The coaches didn't use Raines and toss him to the sideline when they didn't need him anymore.  Raines only played because the starter was injured.  If Forney had not been injured he might have still been 2nd string, or on the JV.  In College, and in the Pros, when the starter goes down, the backup knows that when the starter is healthy and cleared to play, that the starter will be re-inserted into the starting lineup.  They are not just using the backup and tossing them to the side, they know their role.  They might be called upon again, who knows.  That's how it works on every team.  The samething happened in the UT vs Texas Tech game.  Tech switched out QBs, and it's up to the coach to make that decision.

Raider81, I have to disagree with you regarding Forney going to the coach.  I believe it was the right thing to do because, there was an issue, and this type of issue needed to be addressed.  The same as in the movie Remember the Titans.  As a player, if you notice an issue, especially dissention among several players, then you should bring it to the attention of the head coach.  Lack did the wrong thing by bringing his dad into the issue.  It should have been kept in house and dealt with among the team, which is what Coach Neuman tried to do.  He called a meeting among the players that complained so that they could bridge the gap.

I played football in High School and if I had an issue and told the coach what my dad said, or his opinion, what Coach Neuman said would be considered a compliment compared to what the coach probably would have told me, or he would have said the exact same thing that Lack alleged that Neuman said to him.  Kids and parents don't run the team.  This isn't Pop Warner.  It's High School football.  If you have an issue, you keep it in house, and resolve it among the team. 

Ok, ok, Let's get back to football.  I hope that Nederland uses this as a rallying point.  It would be great.

[/quote]

Dionte didn't tattle to the coach because the coach was being disrespected.  He tattled because he felt was being disrespected.  He didn't like hearing that other players liked the back up more than him.  Big difference.  I stand my ground.  It would have ended had Neuman handled it appropriately.  And, if you'll read Lack's letter a little closer, you'll notice that Mr. Lack was not involved in the meeting.  He was mentioned because his son told another player that he and his dad talk about the games afterward ... something I'm sure most dads and players do.  Neuman reacted badly and handled the whole thing badly from start to finish.  

And while everyone in the area is stunned and saddened by the passing of Reggie Garrett, it has little to do with issues that face other teams, such as this one.  No coach is going to say ... ok, this issue with my teams is not important because a player from another team died and let it go.  He's going to address it.  Further, the issue isn't really about who will be QB at Nederland.  It's about how the situation was handled and the fall out.  It is unfortunate it became public, but it did.  Ergo, this thread to discuss it.

Guest rykerx144
i think a good win friday will lay all this to rest and everyone will move onto something else.  A lose friday will blow this sky high and the seams will fall apart!

[quote name="Raider81" post="853567" timestamp="1285169466"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853564#msg853564 date=1285169071]
This should have stayed in house.......PERIOD!
[/quote]

Tell that to whomever leaked it to the PA News.
[/quote]

Well, it was something that Neumann was not going to be able to hide completely.  When a starting left tackle does not show up on your roster all of a sudden, there will be questions why.  It just seems that it would have been better for all involved if the published answer to that question would have been "personal reasons."

[quote name="Roughrider" post="853571" timestamp="1285169872"]
[quote author=Raider81 link=topic=73268.msg853567#msg853567 date=1285169466]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853564#msg853564 date=1285169071]
This should have stayed in house.......PERIOD!
[/quote]

Tell that to whomever leaked it to the PA News.
[/quote]

I agree
[/quote]

I agree too!  It's very unfortunate that Nederland's dirty laundry has been aired in such public forums. Especially with kids names being used! I would think the reporter could have used better discretion considering he/she is talking about minors. The articles read like cheap gossip magazine fodder. My son is friends with several of the football players and he was told both articles twisted the actual story.
So what AggiesWeAre said is so true...there are three sides to every story...his, theirs and the TRUTH. The only people who know the truth are the people that were actually in the meetings. Anything anyone else is going to hear is second hand and we all know how the game "telephone" works!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="853508" timestamp="1285163610"]
The fact that any of this is deemed "news worthy" is a crock of........!!!!

But, it looks as though Lack's side is a fabrication. [size=14pt]Nederland admins questioned the other two players who was in the "meeting" with Lack, and their story is different than what Lack's is. ;)[/size]

But we all know, looks can be decieving.

There are three sides to every story, his, their's, and then the truth. ;)
[/quote]

Have you had to deal with Nederland Admins? hahahah I have.... I would actually side on Lacks comment over anything coming out of Ned Admin! Gotta keep those future star athletes from ending up at Memorial! Just sayin

This is another Craig and Adams James issue at the High School level.  The only business a father should be able to discuss with the head coach is his sons grades.  Any opinion about how he runs the team should be null and void. 
If the HC even did say what was quoted in the PA news, it IMO was provoked by the lack of respect by the player. 

If the player keeps his mouth shut and does his job at his position, then he would still be playing and the PA news would be looking for another story. 

Ok,  Carson Raines  is a sophomore.  It is not like this is his last opportunity to play at Nederland.  He has two more years to be the starting QB if he can win the job.  I have to say that i respect the kid (Carson) and his parents for keeping their mouths shut on this matter for the most part.  All this argueing is doing is messing with the kids head.  The last thing we as adults should be doing is supporting any player not submitting to the coaches.  They are the boss. They make the calls.not parents, not players.  As far as the  other boy,Andrew Lack, ( I dont know him) in my opinion need to learn how to fall in line and take orders.  That is a big part of why we play this game in high school. Young men are to learn to work hard, do your best, and then deal with the fact that you may or may not be the best one on the field at your position.  Whether the coaches decision is right or wrong doesnt matter.  He makes the call the boys  follow his orders. Thats it.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="853508" timestamp="1285163610"]

But, it looks as though Lack's side is a fabrication. Nederland admins questioned the other two players who was in the "meeting" with Lack, and their story is different than what Lack's is. ;)

[/quote]

That is not what the story said. It said one person was questioned and never even states it was someone in the room. Here is the quote.....

[b]“I believe our principal, Dr. Soileau, addressed what Andrew contends I said, with at least one of the other kids involved, and was satisfied with the response.[/b]

Neumann could have misspoke but " I believe" is not a very solid choice of words if the conversation did in fact happen with the principal.

But I agree the thruth is probably somewhere in the middle.

If everyone believes that things don't get swept under the rug at all schools then you have blinders on.  Coaches are not God they make mistakes like the rest of us.  It takes a bigger person in my opinion to admit when they are wrong.  I am not saying Neumann is wrong, just giving some food for thought. 

Also if you think kids have not been  harassing this kid if you have a kid in the Mid County area (Nederland or Port Neches) check out their Facebook pages or Black Berry Messenger.  Parents would die if they knew what their kids were saying on BBM.  Lots of ugly things have been said about this kid.  Kids can be so mean, I know I have 4 of them.

[quote name="akifan94" post="853633" timestamp="1285174223"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=73268.msg853508#msg853508 date=1285163610]

But, it looks as though Lack's side is a fabrication. Nederland admins questioned the other two players who was in the "meeting" with Lack, and their story is different than what Lack's is. ;)

[/quote]

That is not what the story said. It said one person was questioned and never even states it was someone in the room. Here is the quote.....

[b]“I believe our principal, Dr. Soileau, addressed what Andrew contends I said, with at least one of the other kids involved, and was satisfied with the response.[/b]

Neumann could have misspoke but " I believe" is not a very solid choice of words if the conversation did in fact happen with the principal.

[/quote]

And I wasn't quoting what the article stated. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="853639" timestamp="1285174862"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=73268.msg853633#msg853633 date=1285174223]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=73268.msg853508#msg853508 date=1285163610]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I wasn't quoting what the article stated. ;)
[/quote]

gotcha.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="853636" timestamp="1285174618"]
If everyone believes that things don't get swept under the rug at all schools then you have blinders on.  Coaches are not God they make mistakes like the rest of us.  It takes a bigger person in my opinion to admit when they are wrong.  I am not saying Neumann is wrong, just giving some food for thought. 

Also if you think kids have not been  harassing this kid if you have a kid in the Mid County area (Nederland or Port Neches) check out their Facebook pages or Black Berry Messenger.  Parents would die if they knew what their kids were saying on BBM.  Lots of ugly things have been said about this kid.  Kids can be so mean, I know I have 4 of them.
[/quote]I am not saying that coaches are never wrong.  What I am saying is that these boys need to learn to keep their mouths shut and do what he says either way.  He is the coach, they are the players.  All personnel decisions are made by him. period their opinions are not part of that process.  If he is making the wrong choices he is the one who will lose his job.  He gets paid, he is a  professional.  The boys, well they are just students, not that they are not important the game is all about them. but decisions made by the coaching staff are final.  Doesnt matter what the kids think about it.And yes i agree kids are cruel..

I do not get the P.A. news, and did not hear about it from the news. I heard about it from all of the chat posted on this site.  It seems like all of you have aired the dirty laundry also.
Nothing wrong with things like this getting aired as long as they are the truth. These kind of things are going to get out.
Most of you are probably glad you know about this matter, but don't think anyone else should know.

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="853657" timestamp="1285176405"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=73268.msg853636#msg853636 date=1285174618]

[/quote]I am not saying that coaches are never wrong.  What I am saying is that these boys need to learn to keep their mouths shut and do what he says either way.  He is the coach, they are the players.  All personnel decisions are made by him. period their opinions are not part of that process.  If he is making the wrong choices he is the one who will lose his job.  He gets paid, he is a  professional.  The boys, well they are just students, not that they are not important the game is all about them. but decisions made by the coaching staff are final.  Doesnt matter what the kids think about it.And yes i agree kids are cruel..
[/quote]

I am not saying the either is right or wrong.  I am saying is that kids are being very mean to this kid and maybe that is why he chose to leave.  I don't know since I don't know him.  Just speculating.  My husband and I have always taught our children to be respectful of all adults.  I had to rescind that for one teacher at my daughters school who was totally disrespectful to her in front of a class room full of kids.  But we handled it and things got a lot better.  

Guest tappedout
Neumann may be questioning his decision to stay at Nederland after what his team's have been through over the last couple of year's. He looked very frustrated on TV last night. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to leave after the way he has been questioned by his team and fan's this season. It kind of suck's when you have to go to work and you don't like being there and I guarantee you that he does not like being there right now.

I agree with you tappedout.  Neuman seems to be getting frustrated. Cant blame him. But he still has alot of kids (probably most of them) that are showing up for practice, working their butts off, and trying their best to better their team as a whole.  They are working together to keep their focus on whats important and trying to enjoy their season.  I know that most of the Seniors are not going to let this ruin their Senior year and they back Neuman and the other coaches 100% as they should.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="853662" timestamp="1285176626"]
I do not get the P.A. news, and did not hear about it from the news. I heard about it from all of the chat posted on this site.  It seems like all of you have aired the dirty laundry also.
Nothing wrong with things like this getting aired as long as they are the truth. These kind of things are going to get out.
Most of you are probably glad you know about this matter, but don't think anyone else should know.
[/quote]

Well, like I said earlier, but for the article(s) in the News.  This thread would not have existed.  But it would really be silly of us to delete every thread and post regarding this when it is out there.  But that doesn't mean that we won't be vigilant as I (or AggiesAreWe since it looks like we pulled the trigger at about the same time) just had to delete a thread directed at young Mr. Lack. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="853702" timestamp="1285179196"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=73268.msg853662#msg853662 date=1285176626]
I do not get the P.A. news, and did not hear about it from the news. I heard about it from all of the chat posted on this site.  It seems like all of you have aired the dirty laundry also.
[/quote]

Well, like I said earlier, but for the article(s) in the News.  This thread would not have existed.  But it would really be silly of us to delete every thread and post regarding this when it is out there.  But that doesn't mean that we won't be vigilant as I (or AggiesAreWe since it looks like we pulled the trigger at about the same time) just had to delete a thread directed at young Mr. Lack. 
[/quote]
I did that because this thread is already going and it was a personal attack on a kid. I think it was pushing it too far.

Question......I didnt go back and re-read every post....but shouldnt stuff like this be "In-house" and not in a newspaper......officials arent even allowed to tell the jersey numbers of kids who commit penalties in a game, but several kids can be called out in a newspaper? this isnt the NFL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine