Bulldogs add QB, lose star tackle

KFDM COOP

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are deleting legitimate and truthful posts now? doubt I'll ever use this forum again.. been here a while.. its a shame how facts (not opinions), get deleted because its a 'touchy' subject.. i would like a moderator to explain why all the posts got deleted, and how they broke the forum rules?

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="852813" timestamp="1285082367"]
we are deleting legitimate and truthful posts now? doubt I'll ever use this forum again.. been here a while.. its a shame how facts (not opinions), get deleted because its a 'touchy' subject.. i would like a moderator to explain why all the posts got deleted, and how they broke the forum rules?
[/quote]it was a mis-hap

The deletion of a previous thread was an honest mistake by a moderator.  No intent was made to quiet opinions on this matter.  As the Port Arthur News has deemed this newsworthy, discussion here is appropriate.  However, please, to the extent possible, be respectful in your words in this matter.

In my opinion, you support your team and teammates No Matter What.... Its suppose to be all about the TEAM not one or two individuals opinions.  I'm sorry the boy decided he didnt want to work things out but I'm even more disapointed that his parents let him do this.  What is that saying??? That if you dont agree with a decision then just quit and go somewhere else??  Not only did he turn his back on Dionte but he inadvertanly turned his back on his other team mates who depended on him.  He doesnt have to like Diante but Im sure Coach Neuman did what he is suppose to do and get the players together to work out their differences, but ultimately its up to him and his staff who plays & who doesn't.  

THis should have been kept hush hush in my opinion. Stayed in house. This could have leaked from the players family who decided to quit. Just a thought. Things like this should never get this far and I feel the PA news shouldn't have published this article. It just causes a mole hill to turn into a mountain and creates problems for the coach and the players. No team needs distractions in the season. The PA news should have published something or a big tribute to Garrett from WOS. I am a NDN and I feel for the Bulldogs team right now to have to deal with this mess.

well said 2 x 2...you may not like everyone you play with but you have to find a way to make it work or else deem the situation intolerable and move on...that's what one player decided to do and that is certainly his right...this situation is no different than it can be in the real world once these kids get jobs and go to work...it is time to put whatever conflicts or personal opinions aside and focus on the future...who knows, this could serve as a rallying point for this group...at this point, I do believe that more is being made out of it than it really is but having it in the paper will do that...

If the UIL lets this kid play at PN-G, then there is going to be an uproar. He QUIT, period, end of sentence. Then he decides to transfer to the rival school? Are you kidding me? There are always a few players on each team who do not like or care for each other, but you learn to play as a TEAM and support your COACHES decisions.

[quote name="Razor" post="852842" timestamp="1285084612"]
well said 2 x 2...you may not like everyone you play with but you have to find a way to make it work or else deem the situation intolerable and move on...that's what one player decided to do and that is certainly his right...this situation is no different than it can be in the real world once these kids get jobs and go to work...it is time to put whatever conflicts or personal opinions aside and focus on the future...who knows, this could serve as a rallying point for this group...at this point, I do believe that more is being made out of it than it really is but having it in the paper will do that...
[/quote]

Yea...What Razor and Jake said!

[quote name="jake94" post="852847" timestamp="1285084762"]
If the UIL lets this kid play at PN-G, then there is going to be an uproar. He QUIT, period, end of sentence. Then he decides to transfer to the rival school? Are you kidding me? There are always a few players on each team who do not like or care for each other, but you learn to play as a TEAM and support your COACHES decisions.
[/quote]

The district coaches except Faircloth vote on if he plays or not.  UIL rules state that he can't change school for athletic reasons.  I don't see him being able to play at all.

Coach Neuman and his staff need to get a handle on this problem ASAP ! The young man obviously isn't a Team Player. They need to determine who their Team Players are and dismiss everyone else.

If that doesn't happen Nederland will find out that winning football games and Life in general will be very difficult for them to overcome. GOOD LUCK PNG WITH YOUR NEW ADDITION !

Dogs2X2, well said; great summation.  I agree that he not only quit on Forney, which isn't as bad, but he quit on his team mates and his coaches.  That is not good.  Neuman is a veteran coach and I think that he will be fine.  He has to stand with his principles and convictions.

BobbyMcgee, I posted in another thread, that this could be a turning point or turnaround for Nederland.  
And it could be a blessing in disguise that they are playing at Vidor.  You never want this to happen, especially starting district.  But, to have this happen, and to have your opponent be Vidor, and playing at Vidor, could actually work in their favor.  They probably will not have as many fans as they definitely would if the game was at home in Nederland, and they can focus more on the game instead of all of the distractions.

I would love to see Nederland win and use this as a momentum builder.  However, a loss, in my opinion, would be disastrous.  I don't know about Forney's attitude, demeanor, or leadership skills, but that is left up to Coach Neuman and his coaching staff.  Apparently they believe that Forney is the better choice right now, to win and make the playoffs.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="852820" timestamp="1285082929"]
The deletion of a previous thread was an honest mistake by a moderator.  No intent was made to quiet opinions on this matter.  As the Port Arthur News has deemed this newsworthy, discussion here is appropriate.  However, please, to the extent possible, be respectful in your words in this matter.
[/quote]

Thank you for the explanation

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="852831" timestamp="1285084138"]
In my opinion, you support your team and teammates No Matter What.... Its suppose to be all about the TEAM not one or two individuals opinions.  [/quote]

I think maybe the problem is that this rule is not being applied evenly. Is EVERY player on the team being held to this standard, or just [i]most [/i] of them?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder