Bulldogs add QB, lose star tackle

KFDM COOP

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="853041" timestamp="1285098147"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=73268.msg852823#msg852823 date=1285083188]
I posted this on another thread but Ned is having some issues right now and their program is going to hurt for it in the long run.
[/quote]
Sometimes even the best engines need to be overhauled now and then.
[/quote]

The Dogs will be fine.

[quote name="Penny" post="852903" timestamp="1285087985"]
GoDogs, just trying to clarify what you said... you condone letting the players choose who will start on Friday nights?  I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but do you truly let the kids vote on who they want to start???
[/quote]

If the coaches have a blind eye to the leadership of its players (or lack there of in this case), then yes.. i believe a coach should be listening to the team.. in this case, none of us know the whole story, but I find it hard to believe that the uproar is only felt by 3 players.. honestly, when i played, if something like this came up, i dont know if i wouldve stepped up either.. im sure a lot of those kids just wanna play football and give it their all.. regardless of the quarterback situation.. i mean do the coaches know he is on the sideline texting? sometimes the starting positions shouldnt be given to the most talented, but the best leaders.. and in this case, raines is a better leader.. why pull a guy who had a coming out party at barbers hill? i am not saying dionte wont make playes, because i believe he will.. but i dont trust his leadership on that field.. anybody that would rather pose for pictures or text on the sidelines during a game while his team is out there sweating and bleeding trying to win a football game, should not be put in a leadership role in my opinion.. i just hope that if forney stays in this role, he realizes the sentiment of the players around him and maybe he will step up..

Guest tappedout
It sound's like this kid may have been one of Forney's victim's. It's evident Forney is not a team player for the coach to have to talk to him on numerous occasion's for his conduct toward's other player's. At least the kid's stood up in front of everyone for what they believed. If my kid felt as strong as Andrew did about this situation than it would be his decision. This situation is going to get worse before it get's better. The team is divided and I can't see it getting any better. This could become a bigtime distraction.

Oh my will these worms ever get back in their can.  And to think that somebody felt the strong urge to take the lid off  only for all of us to see.  All at the expense of emotional leakage.   :o

Shame on somebody.  And in IMO its not the players that are on the practice field today, and it is not the coaches.  The newspaper did their job  which is to tell a story based on reliable source or sources.  If a committee decides to accept letting the dissenting player play, then a precedent is set for other schools to follow. 

i just read the article in the pa news, wow,
i have tried to make most of the practices since this year began, i think the big surprise may be not who has left the team, but who was put in as nose tackle, (according to the article).
watching all of those practices, i observed a boy #44 pretty much rule the roost during practice, and quietly stand on the side line, without notice. he played the last quarter against wos, and shut their offense down. He did the same with goose creek, and barbers hill(in the last quarter). i think #44 is named justin porter, and #44 is who i've seen cracking heads during every practice that i've been at.
i will keep an eye 0n #44.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="853071" timestamp="1285100985"]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=73268.msg853041#msg853041 date=1285098147]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=73268.msg852823#msg852823 date=1285083188]
I posted this on another thread but Ned is having some issues right now and their program is going to hurt for it in the long run.
[/quote]
Sometimes even the best engines need to be overhauled now and then.
[/quote]

The Dogs will be fine.
[/quote]

I agree...IMO this is being made way bigger of a deal than it really is and that is one of the dangers of message boards...another good example occurred on the PNG message board not long ago with a long thread about Faircloth's issues with the PNGISD administration and how he wouldn't be there for long if things continued the way they were...I suspect that issue, too, was blown way out of proportion...IMO, the Dogs have most likely already moved past this, as they should have and their focus, I suspect is clearly on the Vidor game this Friday night

I've heard other things that are disturbing in some ways and when coach Neumann said he had to get on to Dionte for behavior around teamates it makes these things seem more believable.  I heard he was laughing at the Barbers Hill game because they where losing and that pissed off some people, I would have been one of them if this where true, but I can't prove it or was he laughing about something else and someone took it the wrong way, we really don't know what pissed off Andrew to the point of makeing him leave the team, and we don't know if he will regret his decision later.  I would have probably have kept Raines at QB and played Dionte at DE/TE , Carson had three games under his belt and was improving, but I don't get paid to make those decisions.

Well all I can say that it looked like things were definetly back to normal at the last 2 practices since this happened. These Dogs are resilient and ready to play. Yes a new left tackle will have to learn the ins and outs of a fairly new postion but Xavier can handle it. As far as Qb it is Diontes to keep but let me say that he seems to be alittle more into his starting role due to Carsons success. Like I said the boys have already moved on and gettn pumped for Vidor.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="853175" timestamp="1285107331"]
Wish the Bulldogs success from Jaguar land this year but the kid that left Nederland has already played his last game of high school football cause he will not be playing at PN-G.
[/quote] I agree ! The team spirit and drive is awesome in PN-G, There is no way that he will step on the field in purple.

I don't have a dog in this hunt either......

Does anyone know why the player in question didn't show up at the meeting and express himself to his coaches and teammates?  Seems that was the perfect time and place to say what was on your mind. 

You have to believe in your coaching staff....Seems like Nederlands' head coach has a proven track record and you have to trust that he's doing what's best for the team and program, even if you don't agree with the decisions. 

Boy the media writes an article and they have us believing the world is coming to an end. This is nothing more than a couple of young men that made some mistakes. Forney simple wasn't displaying good leadership through his actions and work ethic. A few on the team called him out and Neumann brought it to a head the proper way.

The good news is Forney admitted his mistakes, apologized for same and is moving on. I for one am proud of Forney. This incident, along with the Raines competition, and his injuries seem to have renewed Dionte's focus. For the first time this year, he is working hard and is looking good in practice.  I expect good things from the team against Vidor.

Young Lack, on the other hand, elected to leave the team without compromise. Bad decision. I believe this will haunt him for the rest of his life if the UIL doesn't allow him to play football at PNG. I must say shame on you dad for not helping your son understand and work with him to settle the conflict in a more amenable result. I can't imagine not watching my son participate in the sport he loves during his senior year.

I for one, am glad this came to a head now. Trust me, the team has already moved on and they are closer now than they have been all year.  GO DOGS

I would have a hard time allowing my son to quit during the season...Although times do call for bigger measures and this may have been one of them....but to allow a teenaged young man to pick up and go to another school (when academics are your 1st interest right?) to get away from the decision of a position change on the football field?....

I coached for over 12 years at the varsity level and been apart of many UIL hearings....Neuman can sign off (if he just doesnt really care if the kid plays at PNG) and Faircloth could accept...The 15 days would go into action and then he could play...

My question would be....Would you be ok with Faircloth accepting when he knows the kid is coming for athletic reasons?.....Just something to ponder....

If I could remember,last year when Forney was interviewed after the Vidor game didn't Forney give most of the credit to the offensive line? And to say he constantly had to be reminded of his attitude don't u think Coach Neumann would of dismissed him by now? So u can lose that he is not a team player junk! And whoever said they would rather play a player who has a better attitude vs talent must be a current or former player who was always a backup with a "Good" attitude

I'm on Lack's side in this situation just because of the information i've heard about Forney's character and attitude. Also I believe this team may be more divided than just 3 lineman vs the rest of the team JMO. I just hope Nederland gets things straight and are ready for the district opener cause no matter which side I agree with i'm still rooting for the Dogs. And i wish the best of luck to Lack at PNG.

Go Dogs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder