Bulldogs add QB, lose star tackle

KFDM COOP

[quote name="baddog" post="853979" timestamp="1285204041"]
[quote author=willforever link=topic=73268.msg853957#msg853957 date=1285202823]
This happened several years ago with the QB situation in Ned...I was at the game in Port Arthur when the fans were yelling for a Sophomore QB to take the reigns...does anyone remember Neumann saying that once his Senior QB was well - that he always would give the knod to the Senior QB?

That decision worked out well.  If anyone remembers?

This kid who thought that he could disrespect the coach, his high school, and his football team doesn't belong in Nederland. IMO, I thought the letter in the paper was an embarrasment.  He has a right to his opinion, I know.

[/quote]

I remember. It was the year we played in the semis against Smithson Valley. I was at the PA game also and it was really bad.
[/quote]was that the 42-8 beatdown Lincoln gave yall? I was at that game  ;) ;D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="853929" timestamp="1285201105"]
SORRY HOOK EM BUT 1990 WAS 27 - 0 NEDERLAND...KIP MCFARLAND WAS QB FOR NED...I WAS THERE ...OUR PLAYERS RAN THRU YOUR RUN
THRU SIGN AT HALF TIME... OUR BAND PLAYED CHEROKEE ALL NIGHT....REMEMBER ?????
[/quote]
I don't remember what year it was but I think the Bulldogs ran through our sign before the game started.  We got the ball first and scored but then that was all we did and we lost something like 27-7.  I know after that game we had our principal and others stand by our signs so that would never happen again.

OMG. Somebody needs to notify the PA News immediately. I just got home from watching Nederland's practice. The team is totally divided now. Approximately half the team was wearing black jersey's and the other half was wearing white. Worse yet. the two were really knocking the crap out of each other on the field. I was sooooooo worried about Friday against Vidor, than I realized the numbers were close to the same on either team. So don't worry Nederland fans we will still have a game no matter which team they decide to take over to Vidor.  Thank God   :D :D :D

In that situation, the sophomore went on to start the following 2 seasons (his jr & sr years) with success.

[b]However, Neumann's knod to the Senior  (in spite of the fans verbal onslaught at the game) - led the Dogs to one of their best seasons.  FACT.  What did the fans know, IMO?[/b]

We need more fans than critics.  Babying kids (or their parents) to get their way leads to this kind of mess...The whining at home, leads to whining in the locker room.

OUR  SR QB's personality maybe under attack, not his ability. I have confidence in him.  People who attack you, really want to be you.  

GO Bulldogs!

[quote name="scooter!" post="853980" timestamp="1285204125"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=73268.msg853979#msg853979 date=1285204041]
This happened several years ago with the QB situation in Ned...I was at the game in Port Arthur when the fans were yelling for a Sophomore QB to take the reigns...does anyone remember Neumann saying that once his Senior QB was well - that he always would give the knod to the Senior QB?

This kid who thought that he could disrespect the coach, his high school, and his football team doesn't belong in Nederland. IMO, I thought the letter in the paper was an embarrasment.  He has a right to his opinion, I know.

[/quote]

I remember. It was the year we played in the semis against Smithson Valley. I was at the PA game also and it was really bad.
[/quote]

That would be it.

[quote name="baddog" post="854009" timestamp="1285206985"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=73268.msg853980#msg853980 date=1285204125]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=73268.msg853979#msg853979 date=1285204041]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be it.
[/quote]It would have been worse, i was very close to that team. they wanted to hang 70+ but the coaches laid off. ( a phantom call the prior season caused it) I'll leave it off here. people know what happened that night.  ;)

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="853982" timestamp="1285204649"]
[quote author=Knoddy1 link=topic=73268.msg853929#msg853929 date=1285201105]
SORRY HOOK EM BUT 1990 WAS 27 - 0 NEDERLAND...KIP MCFARLAND WAS QB FOR NED...I WAS THERE ...OUR PLAYERS RAN THRU YOUR RUN
[/quote]
I don't remember what year it was but I think the Bulldogs ran through our sign before the game started.  We got the ball first and scored but then that was all we did and we lost something like 27-7.  I know after that game we had our principal and others stand by our signs so that would never happen again.
[/quote]

And Burnett was one of Ned's asst. coaches at the time!  :)

[quote name="Roughrider" post="853862" timestamp="1285192651"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=73268.msg853847#msg853847 date=1285190801]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853768#msg853768 date=1285183051]
[quote author=TURN2 link=topic=73268.msg853766#msg853766 date=1285182896]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853763#msg853763 date=1285182711]
[quote author=TURN2 link=topic=73268.msg853761#msg853761 date=1285182599]
HEY RIDER YOUR PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A HARD WEEKEND AT THE DEER LEASE!OR IS IT STRESS?
[/quote]

Ha Ha Turn 2. I just changed it. I wanted to put my salute to PNG up there but the moderaters would prolly take it down.
[/quote]
I GUESS THATS BETTER THAN THE HAND GESTURE SALUTE YOU GAVE TO THE PNG CROWD 20 YEARS AGO
[/quote]

I was just letting them know who was #1. LOL
[/quote]

Was that after the 41-7 1989 beatdown or maybe the 27-0 1990 shut out or how about the 23-6 win in 1991. Or maybe the 54-0 arse kicking in 1992. I am sure after any of those you would have been correct in letting us know who number 1 was.
[/quote]

It was the 41 to 7 beat down and to be fair the 27 to 0 was a Nederland win. Dont worry AIKY, Just find me at the game this year and I will show you that you are still number 1.... ;)
[/quote]

Great. I will be the one in purple.  ;D. And to Razor yes I do and sadly some live in Nederland.

[quote name="akifan94" post="854029" timestamp="1285208412"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853862#msg853862 date=1285192651]
HEY RIDER YOUR PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A HARD WEEKEND AT THE DEER LEASE!OR IS IT STRESS?
[/quote]

Ha Ha Turn 2. I just changed it. I wanted to put my salute to PNG up there but the moderaters would prolly take it down.
[/quote]
I GUESS THATS BETTER THAN THE HAND GESTURE SALUTE YOU GAVE TO THE PNG CROWD 20 YEARS AGO
[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that after the 41-7 1989 beatdown or maybe the 27-0 1990 shut out or how about the 23-6 win in 1991. Or maybe the 54-0 arse kicking in 1992. I am sure after any of those you would have been correct in letting us know who number 1 was.
[/quote]

It was the 41 to 7 beat down and to be fair the 27 to 0 was a Nederland win. Dont worry AIKY, Just find me at the game this year and I will show you that you are still number 1.... ;)
[/quote]

Great. I will be the one in purple.  ;D. And to Razor yes I do and sadly some live in Nederland.
[/quote]
OK aki, I look forward to it. I will start at the south 20 and work my way to the band. Should be no problem!

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="853929" timestamp="1285201105"]
[/quote]

KNODDY1 ... wrong, my friend ... you may have been there, but the year you are thinking of was 1988 ... 1988 was the year where Nederland beat PN-G 29-0.  In 1989, PN-G won 41-7.  In 1990, PN-G won 27-0.  In 1991, PN-G won, yet again, 23-6.  And, in 1992, PN-G stomped Bobby August's Bulldogs 54-0.  And, it was in 1986, when Steve DeRouen's Nederland team ran through PN-G's sign and played Cherokee while cruising to a 21-12 win.  Neumann arrived in Nederland in 1993 and the Bulldogs have fared well against the Indians since he took up residence on the Nederland sidelines.  But, the Faircloth era is a new beginning of winning ways for PN-G.  47-31-7.  It is comforting to know that, based on the laws of statistical averages, I will die before Nederland ever evens the series with PN-G.  The Indians played with one-arm tied behind their backs during the Butch Troy and Matt Burnett eras.  Those days are over.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I COULDNT AGREE WITH WILLFOREVER MORE. ITS A SHAME THAT THIS KID'S BEEN CRITICIZED FOR EVERYTHING HE DOES. HE IS TOO THIS.. HE IS TO THAT... HE IS GOOD BUT..... AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. I KNOW FOR A FACT OF SOME OF THE FORMER BULLDOGS BEHAVIOR  THAT WAS FAR WORST. BUT WHO ARE WE KIDDING HERE,WE KNOW WHAT IT IS AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE POSTING THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON THIS KID CANT EVEN CAMAFLOGE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY ARE. NOT TO CHOOSE SIDES BUT IF YOU REALLY LOOK AT IT WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS LACK KID FEELS THIS WAY. HE IS BEING TAUGHT THAT IF THINGS DONT GO HIS WAY JUS QUIT AND IF HE IS NOT CAREFUL HE WILL INGEST THIS TRAIT AND CARRY IT WITH HIM THE REST OF HIS LIFE. SO TO ALL U PARENTS KEEP YOUR CHILD IN THEIR PLACE AND U DO THE SAME.

1. Nederland has made itself a laughing stock these last few days and they better get their act together on the field against Vidor or this soap opera is only going to get worse.
2. I think it is pretty obvious who leaked the information to the Port Arthur News. It doesn't take Sherlock Homes to figure it out. Look at a Nederland roster then look at the bylines in the Port Arthur news and see if there are any matches with the last name.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="854050" timestamp="1285210554"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=73268.msg854029#msg854029 date=1285208412]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853862#msg853862 date=1285192651]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
OK aki, I look forward to it. I will start at the south 20 and work my way to the band. Should be no problem!
[/quote]

Better yet I will come sit on the Nederland side in my purple so you can make sure you got the right person......  ;D

Neumann has stated in numerous interviews, newspapers... TV .... and radio, that Dionte will be expected back as starting QB as soon as he healed up from his injuries and was released to play.  He made no secret of that. I never heard at any time that he had any intentions of keeping Raines as QB.  Why all of sudden this student feels he needs to quit to make a point and then go to PNG is beyond me. Not a team payer IMO.  Team is fine, Neumann will be fine.... they will show up at Vidor tomorrow night and take care of business.  Fans will back Neumann and the team like we always do.  Neumann is a good coach and always finds a way to iron out the problems and play some good football. Good luck to the kid that quit... gonna be a long Senior year for that young fellow.

I FOR ONE THINK THIS IS A BIG JOKE . I SIT BACK AND READ ALL THAT IS BEING SAID BY OUR OWN COMMUNITY HERE IN NEDERLAND AND IT SICKENS ME.BUT THIS IS SOMETHING THATS BEEN GOING ON FOR QUITE SOME TIME.WE ALL HAVE OPPINIONS AND WE SHOULD EXERCISE THEM . HOWEVER WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO HANGING A KID I THINK WE SHOULD AS ADULTS USE BETTER JUDGEMENT.90% OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD THINK THAT THIER KID IS THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHELETE . THATS FINE ENCOURAGE HIM. ALL CHILDREN NEED THAT.LAST YEAR WE ALL PRAISED DIONTE INCLUDING MYSELF. WE NEVER DOUBTED HIS ABILITIES AND RIGHTFULLY SO.HE WAS 1 OF MANY LEADERS WE HAD ON LAST YEARS TEAM.WITHOUT HIM WE WOULD HAVE NEVER REACHED THE PLAYOFFS .I TRUELY FEEL THE SAME WAY THIS YEAR.ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT WHAT HAS HAPPEND HAS HAPPEND  HOWEVER THERE WILL BE A FOOTBALL SEASON AND DISTRICT STARTS TOMORROW.DIONTE CANT WIN WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF ALL HIS TEAM-MATES NOR CAN THEY WIN WITHOUT HIM. SO IM ASKING ALL THE KIDS FOR THIER OWN SAKE TO GO OUT AND PLAY TOGETHER AND THEY WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.COACHES ARE LEADERS AND MOTIVATORS. AND IN MY OPPINION THATS ALL THEY ARE . IVE BEEN THERE .AS A COACH IVE NEVER WON A SINGLE GAME . KIDS WIN BALLGAMES !!GETTING BACK TO THOSE ADULTS ON HERE NOT ALL IS WELL IN NEDERLAND AND FAR FROM IT AND ILL LEAVE IT AT THAT . HOWEVER WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE KIDS . THE 1 IMPORTANT FACTOR THAT IS NEEDED AND ILL CLOSE BY SAYING THIS . WE NEED TO HAVE SOMEBODY !!STEP UP AND BE A LEADER !!. SENIOR LEADERSHIP IS HORRIBLE .!! SET THE RIGHT EXAMPLE FOR THE YOUNGER GUYS ON THE TEAM . THEY HAVE YOUNG GUYS ON THIS TEAM .BUT NO MORE THAN THE CLASS THAT JUST GRADUATED HAD.      OH!! I KNOW THIS ISNT THE FORUM BUT ITS BEEN WEIGHING HEAVY ON MY MIND. GOD BLESS REGGIE GARRETT AND HIS FAMILY . TREMENDOUS LEADER. GREAT STUDENT AND HUMAN BEING.WE WILL ALL MISS HIM .

[quote name="9Doggies" post="853503" timestamp="1285163312"]
Example: Linemen tells Quarterback we need to talk, Linemen locks door to Locker Room, Linemen and Quarterback " talk ". Winner gets to unlock door, loser sweeps up. No Coaches, Parents, Administrators, Media involved. Done, over with.
[/quote]
  I can't believe that 9Doggies had to explain what he meant by "taking care of business behind locked doors'. It doesn't even have to be behind locked doors: try behind the field house: try in the huddle, try anything but whinning to the coach or the friend of the athlete in question, who's going to go whinning/crying to the coach.   
  In today's paper it talks of the Dallas Cowboys having players meetings behind closed ( locked ) doors with NO coaches.  It works for them, it worked in the past on teams I played on.  Let the players take care of business among themselves without coaches interfering or sports writers interviewing. 
  Yeah, I know so of you are goin to be super offended by this approach, but it works and none of these threads would be here now if business had been handled this way.  see 'ya on the field, videoguy

[quote name="silly365" post="854222" timestamp="1285252194"]
LAST YEAR WE ALL PRAISED DIONTE INCLUDING MYSELF. WE NEVER DOUBTED HIS ABILITIES AND RIGHTFULLY SO.HE WAS 1 OF MANY LEADERS WE HAD ON LAST YEARS TEAM.WITHOUT HIM WE WOULD HAVE NEVER REACHED THE PLAYOFFS .I TRUELY FEEL THE SAME WAY THIS YEAR.ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT WHAT HAS HAPPEND HAS HAPPEND  HOWEVER THERE WILL BE A FOOTBALL SEASON AND DISTRICT STARTS TOMORROW.DIONTE CANT WIN WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF ALL HIS TEAM-MATES NOR CAN THEY WIN WITHOUT HIM.
[/quote]

Last year was a different story this year. He showed signs of leadership last year. I just find it appalling that people dont seem to care that instead of supporting his team on the sidelines, he's texting and posing for pictures.. I am not, by any means trying to attack the kid. I think he is very talented. I just wish that he would be a leader, even if he is injured.  My second point.. you said they cant win without him??? seriously?? Raines could lead this team just fine if the coaches wanted that and allowed him to throw the ball before the 4th quarter when youre down 28 points.. but thats neither here nor there... dogs will do fine regardless of who is at qb.. and just to point out, I have no affiliation with raines.. i couldnt even tell you what the kid looked like without a helmet and jersey on..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder