*Crosby Vs. Vidor Bi-District Playoff/ Crosby wins 7-1, Cougars advance!!!

i know the gabby kid pitched a wonderful game but i really cant believe that vidor played so bad on defence it was almost horrible to watch at times i fell bad for them but life goes on maybe next will coach green get his first playoff win at vidor next year? i sure hope so he has turned the program around

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="798301" timestamp="1273113899"]
One bad inning for the Pirates, but it was ugly.

"Gabby" was impressive, he would would be top tier in 20-4A pitchers. Crosby played flawless defense, the 1B and the RF looked good. They turned a nice DP in the middle and the 3B made a nice stab.
[/quote]
Now you see what we have been saying all year about 19/4A. I believe Crosby also played without 2 of their leading hitters tonight also. Heard they will be back next week. That should make them even stronger. Now maybe you will show 19/4A some love.

[quote name="hitman009" post="798346" timestamp="1273122906"]
A great performance by the Coogs even without the 3 and 4 hole hitters....cant wait to see how good those Coogs will be when they them back next week...
[size=18pt][b]Go Coogs!!!![/b][/size]
[/quote]

What happened to your 3 and 4 hole hitters? I thought Mangum normally hit in the 3 hole for Crosby?

[quote name="RIP09" post="798347" timestamp="1273124134"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=69305.msg798346#msg798346 date=1273122906]
A great performance by the Coogs even without the 3 and 4 hole hitters....cant wait to see how good those Coogs will be when they them back next week...
[size=18pt][b]Go Coogs!!!![/b][/size]
[/quote]

What happened to your 3 and 4 hole hitters? I thought Mangum normally hit in the 3 hole for Crosby?
[/quote]
Mangum hits leadoff and Fieramusca/Langley hits 3rd, Hebert 4th. Langley had ISS and Hebert failed a class, both will be back next week. I believe the ISS was for dipping in school, rumor is that this is the 3rd baseball player to get caught doing this. Funny how only baseball players get caught. You would also think they would learn there lesson by now. The AD there does not support baseball what so ever so I'm sure that makes his day.

[quote name="aries456" post="798471" timestamp="1273167535"]
IMO, if your dumb enough to be dipping in school, then you don't deserve to be apart of anything extra-curricular, regardless of how good of a player you are...
[/quote]

I thought most high school baseballers dipped.......I know we all did back in the day.

Guest GCMPats
Unless someone on here is willing to provide some proof, I suggest we stop throwing out accusations about an 18 yr old high school student. 

The kids that did play, took care of their business on and off the field. Let's focus on them.

I think a one game playoff is stupid.  Especially in baseball.  It should not be an option.

I don't know enough about Crosby to predict what might have happened in a 3 game series.  So, my comments don't really have to do with this match-up other than to feel for Vidor or any other team that loses in a one game playoff.

[quote name="kpwinner2010" post="798504" timestamp="1273172842"]
amen gcmpats. crosby got it done and vidor didnt. but hey eveeryone in 19-4a dontt forget, 20-4a is gunna sweep haha
[/quote]

We here that this time of year....every year.  ;)

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="798470" timestamp="1273167345"]
[glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]Langley was suppose to be in ISS for rest of year..Daddy went to school board and got him out in time to play ball.Believe he missed one season in past also for bad habits...[/shadow][/glow]
[/quote]
BigDaddyBlue this is the second time you have made false statements about the same kid. 
For your info, he was found to be innocent of the first offense and should not have been in ISS at all. 
Second he did miss most of his Sophomore season, first due to a shoulder injury and then decided to quite in frustration with his injury and rehab peramiters given by coach. 
Played his Junior year and was all district 1st team CF. 

And I can only wonder why you only talk about Cori and not the other kids who have broken and been punished for the same rule this season. 
[b]I am sure your family is so proud of you for bashing a young man that made mistakes that I am sure are similiar to all of us made when we were his age. [/b]  His offense of using tobacco is was certainly true, and he needs to take his punishment just as anyone else should, but it is not as bad as some other offenses that have happened this year that you have so opportunistically not reported.

[b][size=12pt]Get a life, either air all the trash or keep your mouth shut[/size][/b].

[quote name="welovebaseball" post="798506" timestamp="1273172891"]
[b]I think a one game playoff is stupid.[/b]  Especially in baseball.  It should not be an option.

I don't know enough about Crosby to predict what might have happened in a 3 game series.  So, my comments don't really have to do with this match-up other than to feel for Vidor or any other team that loses in a one game playoff.
[/quote]

LCM used to have a player by the name of Beau Hale and they would play you a one game playoff game anytime.  ;D

Sorry about your loss Vidor. Keep your heads up and regroup.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder