19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="HUM398" post="815909" timestamp="1278128581"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815879#msg815879 date=1278122521]
I'v[color=red]e gotten the same impression.  The insecurity i am picking up is irritating, and it completely distracting of the point.  We have argued that Ike has better athletes then Dayton, which is pretty much factual....it's silly to oppose the view, based purely on loyalty and bias.    The real discussion is between the mis-matches each team potentially possess over the other.

Instead they want to argue who is better, so one can fictionally thump their chests until game day when the preconceived notions are obliterated by truth.[/color] ~ [color=red][color=black]Whats irritating is your monster ego - and your oxy-moronic statements I never heard anybody say we were better than Ike. And aren't these boards meant to be for opposing teams to argue which team is better.( not according to you )You and your x-5a buds come on here over and over and over bragging about all of the ocean of athletes Ike has like were supposed be intimidated or something and when were not you call us insecure.  Lets talk about that real discussion between the mis-matches - funny you never brought them up one time ? ( and no coaches and [/color] discipline don't count )
[/quote]

My monster ego?  I am arguing against the opinion that Dayton was slightly over-matched, and the idea that the athletic discrepancy between the two schools was much larger then was being presented by the opposing view.
They only reason i inserted my view on the topic was because of i have seen Ike play...been watching them for the better part of 15 years...and am fairly familar with their style of play.

Ike isn't a team that is a monster machine, they haven't been truly good since 2003.  They are merely a shadow of what they were.  Dayton can win the game, and i think i have made that clear in previous posts....The only thing i saw as faulty thinking on the behalf of the Dayton faithful is the insecure stance that Dayton can match up with anyone athletically....it simple just isn't true.

I don't expect you to be intimidated....you are Dayton.  No one should scare you, and i am fully aware of that.  Dayton plays great football, and the fact that some of your fans are regurgitation this sort of insecurity in criticism is odd.   If i were to say the same things to Katy, their fans would say "You are right....But We are Katy" .   If Dayton is truly as good as yall believe and truly as good as your record demonstrates....Then let it go.   You are Dayton, stop acting like Port Arthur.
[/quote]

Don't give the purple too much credit.  They are a team of the past, not the future.  Rightfully so, they deserve credit, but that is not going to last after this and next year.  cROSBY IS THE BIG BOY THIS YEAR, WITH bh AND kING MAKING A RUN FOR THE TOP.  dON'T FORGET gcm EITHER.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've been in the sun way too much and had a heat stroke.But I like the spirit.I'd go on 1 of them offshore trips if you promise I'll catch a Kingfish,not throw me overboard for using a purple r&r w/flor.purple line trolling a purple/white lure.Good luck w/all the new just don't put up the boat on a bet BH will beat Dayton anytime soon. ;D 8) ;D ;D

Well, if Diggs was hurt for the Terry and Brenham game, then I still say Terry exposed them more.
Brenham was able to get more offense together and staged a comeback for the ages in the fourth quarter. 
It's like that Plano East-TJT game.
It's tough to say that Plano East exposed TJT.  What they did was put on the greatest comeback in high school football history.
Angleton handled Brenham and took them behind the woodshed for the first three quarter.
It's a four quarter game though unfortunately for Angleton.

I don't think that Angleton was exposed nearly as much as you are trying to claim.
Diggs should be healthy this year, so that part of the exposure gets covered back up.

[color=purple]Don't give the purple too much credit.  They are a team of the past, not the future.  Rightfully so, they deserve credit, but that is not going to last after this and next year.  cROSBY IS THE BIG BOY THIS YEAR, WITH bh AND kING MAKING A RUN FOR THE TOP.  dON'T FORGET gcm EITHER.[/color]

Good to see that it's never too early for popping pain pills and washing them down with luke warm beers.  Here is reality, BH is installing the type of offense that will put points on teams that are not disciplined.  When BH faces a team with a solid defense, the BH offense will disappear. Sucks to be you.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815961" timestamp="1278171221"]
Well, if Diggs was hurt for the Terry and Brenham game, then I still say Terry exposed them more.
Brenham was able to get more offense together and staged a comeback for the ages in the fourth quarter. 
It's like that Plano East-TJT game.
It's tough to say that Plano East exposed TJT.  What they did was put on the greatest comeback in high school football history.
Angleton handled Brenham and took them behind the woodshed for the first three quarter.
It's a four quarter game though unfortunately for Angleton.

I don't think that Angleton was exposed nearly as much as you are trying to claim.
Diggs should be healthy this year, so that part of the exposure gets covered back up.
[/quote]

According to the chronicle, Diggs was 100% when we played them.  He missed 2 and half games before we played them.  I do agree, they took it to us the first half. (well Diggs and there defense did) We dominated the second half and had to in order to come back.  They had no answer for our receivers, especially Derek Edwards.  Having one of the best db's in the state and not playing him at db when our air attack was torching their secondary, might be what lost them the game.  Bottom line, you slow Diggs down, you have a good chance to win.  One player will win you some games, but not all of them.     

[quote name="bh89-2" post="815949" timestamp="1278166538"]
Don't give the purple too much credit.  They are a team of the past, not the future.  Rightfully so, they deserve credit, but that is not going to last after this and next year.  [b]cROSBY IS THE BIG BOY THIS YEAR, WITH bh AND kING MAKING A RUN FOR THE TOP.  dON'T FORGET gcm EITHER.[/b][/quote]

I must be misunderstanding you..... you don't think Dayton will crack the top 4???

either way, terriffic job stirring.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="815949" timestamp="1278166538"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815909#msg815909 date=1278128581]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815879#msg815879 date=1278122521]
I'v[color=red]e gotten the same impression.  The insecurity i am picking up is irritating, and it completely distracting of the point.  We have argued that Ike has better athletes then Dayton, which is pretty much factual....it's silly to oppose the view, based purely on loyalty and bias.    The real discussion is between the mis-matches each team potentially possess over the other.

Instead they want to argue who is better, so one can fictionally thump their chests until game day when the preconceived notions are obliterated by truth.[/color] ~ [color=red][color=black]Whats irritating is your monster ego - and your oxy-moronic statements I never heard anybody say we were better than Ike. And aren't these boards meant to be for opposing teams to argue which team is better.( not according to you )You and your x-5a buds come on here over and over and over bragging about all of the ocean of athletes Ike has like were supposed be intimidated or something and when were not you call us insecure.  Lets talk about that real discussion between the mis-matches - funny you never brought them up one time ? ( and no coaches and [/color] discipline don't count )
[/quote]

My monster ego?  I am arguing against the opinion that Dayton was slightly over-matched, and the idea that the athletic discrepancy between the two schools was much larger then was being presented by the opposing view.
They only reason i inserted my view on the topic was because of i have seen Ike play...been watching them for the better part of 15 years...and am fairly familar with their style of play.

Ike isn't a team that is a monster machine, they haven't been truly good since 2003.  They are merely a shadow of what they were.  Dayton can win the game, and i think i have made that clear in previous posts....The only thing i saw as faulty thinking on the behalf of the Dayton faithful is the insecure stance that Dayton can match up with anyone athletically....it simple just isn't true.

I don't expect you to be intimidated....you are Dayton.  No one should scare you, and i am fully aware of that.  Dayton plays great football, and the fact that some of your fans are regurgitation this sort of insecurity in criticism is odd.   If i were to say the same things to Katy, their fans would say "You are right....But We are Katy" .   If Dayton is truly as good as yall believe and truly as good as your record demonstrates....Then let it go.   You are Dayton, stop acting like Port Arthur.
[/quote]

Don't give the purple too much credit.  They are a team of the past, not the future.  Rightfully so, they deserve credit, but that is not going to last after this and next year.  cROSBY IS THE BIG BOY THIS YEAR, WITH bh AND kING MAKING A RUN FOR THE TOP.  dON'T FORGET gcm EITHER.
[/quote]The Broncos have had a very good run but they have not peaked yet.......odds on favorite to win district and well beyond.

Pretty heated debate on Dayton's predistrict schedule....

I doubt the Broncos go into the BH game 0 and 3.
If the Broncos can stay healthy going into district, after playing Elkins, Angleton, and IKE, the Barbers Hill game will be like playing a JV team, especially if the Eagles are an 80 to 90% running offense.

By the way....

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

It hasn't cracked 80 degrees for over a week up here in the Poconos!
LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

I think the Broncos are going to go 1-2 in preseason with a possible win over Angelton. Ike by 30+ Elkins by 20+ and Broncos by 3 over Angelton. That being said BH will get to deal with a pissed off Bronco team at their house :o Hopefully BH will be settling into their new scheme and give the Bronco's a game. I don't think the Broncos will be seeing a 80-90% running game from BH as Cages teams in the past had a pretty balanced Run to Air ratio, but we will see ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="815957" timestamp="1278170176"]
You've been in the sun way too much and had a heat stroke.But I like the spirit.I'd go on 1 of them offshore trips if you promise I'll catch a Kingfish,not throw me overboard for using a purple r&r w/flor.purple line trolling a purple/white lure.Good luck w/all the new just don't put up the boat on a bet BH will beat Dayton anytime soon. ;D 8) ;D ;D
[/quote]

I have to agree, JJ. Please don't bet the boat. I'm still trying to make one of those offshore trips myself.  ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="816394" timestamp="1278428164"]
I think the Broncos are going to go 1-2 in preseason with a possible win over Angelton. [b]Ike by 30+ Elkins by 20+[/b] and Broncos by 3 over Angelton. That being said BH will get to deal with a pissed off Bronco team at their house :o Hopefully BH will be settling into their new scheme and give the Bronco's a game. I don't think the Broncos will be seeing a 80-90% running game from BH as Cages teams in the past had a pretty balanced Run to Air ratio, but we will see ;D
[/quote]

The broncos have been beaten by 30+ only 3 times since '96. Twice by Nederland and once by Austin Lake Travis.

IMO, we are going to be much stronger this year than those Ned years and I can guarantee Ike isn't gonna be an LT caliber offense. I know they have a ton of athletes, but no one in this area is as good as LT on O.

[quote name="liltex" post="815957" timestamp="1278170176"]
[/quote]

I'll take ya fishing, but why in the world would you want a nasty kingfish?  I know that's a step above the Dayton delight of Gar and Carp, but come on man!!!!  I go for Wahoo, Grouper, Ling, Snapper, Amberjack, and good fish. 

Crosby
BH
Dayton
GCM 

Just in-case you forget the already determined 2010 finish.....  ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="816446" timestamp="1278443279"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg815957#msg815957 date=1278170176]
[/quote]

I'll take ya fishing, but why in the world would you want a nasty kingfish?  I know that's a step above the Dayton delight of Gar and Carp, but come on man!!!!  I go for Wahoo, Grouper, Ling, Snapper, Amberjack, and good fish. 

Crosby
BH
Dayton
GCM 

[/quote]
I think the only thing yall get over there in 'The Hill' is dirty rotten tuna :D, so now im gonna go ahead and make this realistic.

1. Dayton
2. Crosby
3. GCM
4.'The Hill"

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="816423" timestamp="1278433476"]
[/quote]

I have to agree, JJ. Please don't bet the boat. I'm still trying to make one of those offshore trips myself.  ;D
[/quote]

Renaming the boat "Hurricane Hunter".  Gonna take a few Dayton folks offshore this weekend........  ;D ;D Come on in boys, the water is fine!

Guess you've never eaten Gar cooked by somebody that knows how.Best fish I ever ate alot of was blackened mullet.I know what you think as I said the same thing.Turns out mullet fillets are $12.00 lb.in Florida and in Georgia there's a place that folks stand in line like Frank's Cafe to endulge in mullet.Owner got ticketed by game warden for having 77 (2 over the daily bag limit of 75).Fought it & went to court w/his bible and told the judge he could prove he actually caught 0 fish that day because in the bible a mullet would be a fowl because a fish does not have a gizzard.Case closed just like BH beating Dayton anytime while Coach Stewart is in control.I figured since the broncos have been king of football I wanted to see if kingfish are good fighters on a zebco 33 ??? ;) ;D

[quote name="BL33DPURPLE" post="816455" timestamp="1278449611"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg816446#msg816446 date=1278443279]
[/quote]

Crosby
BH
Dayton
GCM 

[/quote]
I think the only thing yall get over there in 'The Hill' is dirty rotten tuna :D, so now im gonna go ahead and make this realistic.

1. Dayton
2. Crosby
3. GCM
4.'The Hill"
[/quote]

big up on the dirty rotten tuna reference...you'll fit in just fine bl33d.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="816446" timestamp="1278443279"]
[/quote]

I'll take ya fishing, but why in the world would you want a nasty kingfish?  I know that's a step above the Dayton delight of Gar and Carp, but come on man!!!!  I go for Wahoo, Grouper, Ling, Snapper, Amberjack, and good fish.  

Crosby
BH
Dayton
GCM  

Just in-case you forget the already determined 2010 finish.....  ;)

[/quote]

Why are you still flappin your gums, son?  You and I both know you don't believe BH finishes ahead of Dayton.

[quote name="liltex" post="816473" timestamp="1278459590"]
Guess you've never eaten Gar cooked by somebody that knows how.Best fish I ever ate alot of was blackened mullet.I know what you think as I said the same thing.Turns out mullet fillets are $12.00 lb.in Florida and in Georgia there's a place that folks stand in line like Frank's Cafe to endulge in mullet.Owner got ticketed by game warden for having 77 (2 over the daily bag limit of 75).Fought it & went to court w/his bible and told the judge he could prove he actually caught 0 fish that day because in the bible a mullet would be a fowl because a fish does not have a gizzard.Case closed just like BH beating Dayton anytime while Coach Stewart is in control.I figured since the broncos have been king of football I wanted to see if kingfish are good fighters on a zebco 33 ??? ;) ;D
[/quote]

Great Post!  I love the references.  It's nice seeing someone with a sense of humor and half a brain, considering the other option is downgoesfrazier......... ;) ;) 

I am aware of the fact mullet is a in high demaind Florida, but only the good LORD knows why.  Fact is anyone who has eatin the imitation crab meat has consumed gar.  Trust me, if you want to tear up a snoopy pole on a nasty kingfish, or queen trigger, or just fowl hooking frazier, it's OK by me.  Either way I'll put you on the boat and you can fish your heart away.  Only two rules, no bananas and you can't bring questionable pictures of Frazier hugging a hot dog. Boat leaves the dock this Sunday!

As for BH beating Dayton, when Price was coaching (woops...while Price was drawing a check) I would agree with you, Stewart, and anyone else with half a brain (not you Frazier), but this is a new time, a new coach, and a lot of returning players.  This is Crosby's last year to win district and Dayton's not "on the rise."  Dayton is going to find touchdowns like mullet gizzards, hard to find and it may take the bible to get one when BH takes the field.  ;D ;D

All kidding to the side, if you want to go fishing send me a PM.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="816674" timestamp="1278551499"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg816473#msg816473 date=1278459590]
[/quote]

Great Post!  I love the references.  It's nice seeing someone with a sense of humor and half a brain, considering the other option is downgoesfrazier......... ;) ;)  

I am aware of the fact mullet is a in high demaind Florida, but only the good LORD knows why.  Fact is anyone who has eatin the imitation crab meat has consumed gar.  Trust me, if you want to tear up a snoopy pole on a nasty kingfish, or queen trigger, or just fowl hooking frazier, it's OK by me.  Either way I'll put you on the boat and you can fish your heart away.  Only two rules, no bananas and you can't bring questionable pictures of Frazier hugging a hot dog. Boat leaves the dock this Sunday!

As for BH beating Dayton, when Price was coaching (woops...while Price was drawing a check) I would agree with you, Stewart, and anyone else with half a brain (not you Frazier), but this is a new time, a new coach, and a lot of returning players.  This is Crosby's last year to win district and Dayton's not "on the rise."  Dayton is going to find touchdowns like mullet gizzards, hard to find and it may take the bible to get one when BH takes the field.   ;D ;D

All kidding to the side, if you want to go fishing send me a PM.
[/quote]

No bananas?  Given your known proclivities for objects of that shape, I thought that would be right up your alley.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="816674" timestamp="1278551499"]
This is Crosby's last year to win district and Dayton's not "on the rise." 

[/quote]

The above statement means tha BH is gonna have a few tough years ahead of them. If Dayton isn't on the Rise, then BH is in trouble, pound for pound, player for player, Dayton will just be to much for the Hill from now till at least 2014.

Agreed. I can appreciate the enthusiasm of a new coach and a new program. The fact is BH will make some big plays with a new offense but will have some spectacular meltdowns as well. I expect to see more of the latter especially when playing a well coached more athletic team as in the Broncos.

All I can say is that the Dayton out coached not out played BH last year. If you didn't see that then you should take the Purple glasses off. Although Dayton was down a QB BH was in controll of that game till after the half then Stewart took Price to school on coaching and how to make an adjustment. I don't think Stewart will out fox Cage as easily. Cant wait for the game!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="816779" timestamp="1278606524"]
All I can say is that the Dayton out coached not out played BH last year. If you didn't see that then you should take the Purple glasses off. Although Dayton was down a QB BH was in controll of that game till after the half then Stewart took Price to school on coaching and how to make an adjustment. I don't think Stewart will out fox Cage as easily. Cant wait for the game!
[/quote]I don't wear glasses and BH will take it on the chin.........even if they had Lombardi coaching them

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="816785" timestamp="1278607487"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg816779#msg816779 date=1278606524]
[/quote]I don't wear glasses and BH will take it on the chin.........even if they had Lombardi coaching them
[/quote]

Let the hate go man ;D I forget after a long off season of watching Dayton get dismantaled by their district, football offers hope ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 8)