19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="BHFAN" post="816787" timestamp="1278607692"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=65952.msg816785#msg816785 date=1278607487]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg816779#msg816779 date=1278606524]
All I can say is that the Dayton out coached not out played BH last year. If you didn't see that then you should take the Purple glasses off. Although Dayton was down a QB BH was in controll of that game till after the half then Stewart took Price to school on coaching and how to make an adjustment. I don't think Stewart will out fox Cage as easily. Cant wait for the game!
[/quote]I don't wear glasses and BH will take it on the chin.........even if they had Lombardi coaching them
[/quote]

Let the hate go man ;D I forget after a long off season of watching Dayton get dismantaled by their district, football offers hope ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 8)
[/quote]Just calling like I see it

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="816795" timestamp="1278609244"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg816787#msg816787 date=1278607692]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=65952.msg816785#msg816785 date=1278607487]
All I can say is that the Dayton out coached not out played BH last year. If you didn't see that then you should take the Purple glasses off. Although Dayton was down a QB BH was in controll of that game till after the half then Stewart took Price to school on coaching and how to make an adjustment. I don't think Stewart will out fox Cage as easily. Cant wait for the game!
[/quote]I don't wear glasses and BH will take it on the chin.........even if they had Lombardi coaching them
[/quote]

Let the hate go man ;D I forget after a long off season of watching Dayton get dismantaled by their district, football offers hope ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 8)
[/quote]Just calling like I see it
[/quote]

;D

Guest octfeb
[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="816651" timestamp="1278542699"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg816446#msg816446 date=1278443279]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg815957#msg815957 date=1278170176]
You've been in the sun way too much and had a heat stroke.But I like the spirit.I'd go on 1 of them offshore trips if you promise I'll catch a Kingfish,not throw me overboard for using a purple r&r w/flor.purple line trolling a purple/white lure.Good luck w/all the new just don't put up the boat on a bet BH will beat Dayton anytime soon. ;D 8) ;D ;D
[/quote]

I'll take ya fishing, but why in the world would you want a nasty kingfish?  I know that's a step above the Dayton delight of Gar and Carp, but come on man!!!!  I go for Wahoo, Grouper, Ling, Snapper, Amberjack, and good fish.  

Crosby
BH
Dayton
GCM  

Just in-case you forget the already determined 2010 finish.....  ;)

[/quote]

Why are you still flappin your gums, son?  You and I both know you don't believe BH finishes ahead of Dayton.
[/quote]Yeah really.. BH might finish in the top 4 but it will never be ahead of Dayton anytime soon

Guest octfeb
Just in case no one seen this in the other forum....
  Dayton Broncos
Coach: Jerry Stewart (125-48 at Dayton, 144-65-3 overall)
2009 Record:  11-3, 6-1 (19-4A District Runner Ups, 4A Division II Regional Finalist)

Although the 2009 Dayton Broncos were unable to match the championship game appearance of 2008, they were far from a failure as Jerry Stewart's young squad, which was told they were too young to compete, shook off a loss in district to rival Crosby and embarked on a four week run through the 4A Division II playoffs which was ended by eventual state finalist Brenham.  Coach Stewart returns 11 starters with the intent of regaining the district championship and making another run at a state title.

Key Wins Last Year
      Goose Creek Memorial (48-14)
      Vidor (28-14)
      Waller (41-3)
      El Campo (17-16)

Last Year's scores

Non-District
Dayton 42, Bay City 20
Friendswood 36, Dayton 33
Dayton 36, Austin LBJ 2

District
                Dayton 48, Kingwood Park 12
                Dayton 48, Goose Creek Memorial 14
                Dayton 35, Houston North Forest 0
                Crosby 28, Dayton 0
                Dayton 24, Barbers Hill 21
                Dayton 56, Galena Park 26
                Dayton 37, Houston C.E. King 0

Playoffs
Dayton 28, Vidor 14
Dayton 41, Waller 3
Dayton 17, El Campo 16
Brenham 30, Dayton 24

Offense

The 2010 Dayton offense, which put up 31 points a game in 2009, returns six starters from that squad.  The key amongst those returnees is junior quarterback Andreas Herrera, who will be joined in the backfield by junior running back Jakari Delasbour.  Amongst Herrera's receivers in the passing game will by senior Xavier Baldwin, Gamal Fowler and Armando Deluna.  Justin Booth and Aaron Ripkowski will anchor the Bronco offensive line.

Defense

The Bronco defense which yielded but 16 points a game in 2009, returns five starters.  Anchoring the defensive line will be returning lineman Darrian Wright. Look for Ripkowski to contribute at the linebacker.  The secondary will manned by Baldwin and Quincey Williams.

2010 Schedule

Dayton opens the 2010 regular season by hosting Fort Bend Elkins.  The Broncos open District 19-4A play against Barbers Hill on September 24th.  Dayton has their rematch with 2009 district champ Crosby on October 29th.  Dayton ends district play on November 5th against C.E. King.  Here is the complete 2010 Dayton Bronco schedule:

August 27 Fort Bend Elkins, 7:00 p.m.
September 3 OPEN
September 10 Angleton, 7:00 p.m.
September 17 Aldine Eisenhower, 7:00 p.m.
September 24          Barbers Hill, 7:00 p.m.*
October 1 at Galena Park, 7:00 p.m.*
October 8 at Baytown Lee, 7:00 p.m.*
October 15 Goose Creek Memorial, 7:00 p.m.*
October 22 at Houston North Forest, 7:00 p.m.*
October 29 Crosby, 7:00 p.m.*
November 5 at Houston C.E. King, 7:00 p.m.
*District games

[quote name="octfeb" post="816816" timestamp="1278613235"]
Just in case no one seen this in the other forum....
  Dayton Broncos
Coach: Jerry Stewart (125-48 at Dayton, 144-65-3 overall)
2009 Record:  11-3, 6-1 (19-4A District Runner Ups, 4A Division II Regional Finalist)

Although the 2009 Dayton Broncos were unable to match the championship game appearance of 2008, they were far from a failure as Jerry Stewart's young squad, which was told they were too young to compete, shook off a loss in district to rival Crosby and embarked on a four week run through the 4A Division II playoffs which was ended by eventual state finalist Brenham.  Coach Stewart returns 11 starters with the intent of regaining the district championship and making another run at a state title.

Key Wins Last Year
      Goose Creek Memorial (48-14)
      Vidor (28-14)
      Waller (41-3)
      El Campo (17-16)

Last Year's scores

Non-District
Dayton 42, Bay City 20
Friendswood 36, Dayton 33
Dayton 36, Austin LBJ 2

District
                Dayton 48, Kingwood Park 12
                Dayton 48, Goose Creek Memorial 14
                Dayton 35, Houston North Forest 0
                Crosby 28, Dayton 0
                Dayton 24, Barbers Hill 21
                Dayton 56, Galena Park 26
                Dayton 37, Houston C.E. King 0

Playoffs
Dayton 28, Vidor 14
Dayton 41, Waller 3
Dayton 17, El Campo 16
Brenham 30, Dayton 24

Offense

The 2010 Dayton offense, which put up 31 points a game in 2009, returns six starters from that squad.  The key amongst those returnees is junior quarterback Andreas Herrera, who will be joined in the backfield by junior running back Jakari Delasbour.  Amongst Herrera's receivers in the passing game will by senior Xavier Baldwin, Gamal Fowler and Armando Deluna.  Justin Booth and Aaron Ripkowski will anchor the Bronco offensive line.

Defense

The Bronco defense which yielded but 16 points a game in 2009, returns five starters.  Anchoring the defensive line will be returning lineman Darrian Wright. Look for Ripkowski to contribute at the linebacker.  The secondary will manned by Baldwin and Quincey Williams.

2010 Schedule

Dayton opens the 2010 regular season by hosting Fort Bend Elkins.  The Broncos open District 19-4A play against Barbers Hill on September 24th.  Dayton has their rematch with 2009 district champ Crosby on October 29th.  Dayton ends district play on November 5th against C.E. King.   Here is the complete 2010 Dayton Bronco schedule:

August 27 Fort Bend Elkins, 7:00 p.m.
September 3 OPEN
September 10 Angleton, 7:00 p.m.
September 17 Aldine Eisenhower, 7:00 p.m.
September 24          Barbers Hill, 7:00 p.m.*
October 1 at Galena Park, 7:00 p.m.*
October 8 at Baytown Lee, 7:00 p.m.*
October 15 Goose Creek Memorial, 7:00 p.m.*
October 22 at Houston North Forest, 7:00 p.m.*
October 29 Crosby, 7:00 p.m.*
November 5 at Houston C.E. King, 7:00 p.m.
*District games
[/quote]

Would it not have been shorter to just say, Friendswood was really bad last year?  ;D ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="816779" timestamp="1278606524"]
[/quote]

The Dayton defensive performance against BH was one of the worst that I saw from them all last year.  My favorite part of the BH game was when all the hill fans thought they actually had a chance to win and then drove back down 146 proud that they didn't get beat as bad as they did the previous year. I can't wait for Dayton to smash off on the hill AGAIN and then enjoy all the convo's about how BH girls basketball is great and payback will happen on the Tennis court.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="816864" timestamp="1278622076"]
[/quote]

The Dayton defensive performance against BH was one of the worst that I saw from them all last year.  My favorite part of the BH game was when all the hill fans thought they actually had a chance to win and then drove back down 146 proud that they didn't get beat as bad as they did the previous year. I can't wait for Dayton to smash off on the hill AGAIN and then enjoy all the convo's about how BH girls basketball is great and payback will happen on the Tennis court.
[/quote]
Don't forget that one act play is right around the corner after football season.
BH should be proud of the first half.
Herrera took two quarters to get used to the speed of the game from bumping up from JV to Varsity, then he toasted the Eagles defense for 21 points in about 7 minutes.  After playing the likes of Elkins, Angleton, and IKE if the Broncos are healthy going into the BH game, BH fans might as well start popping the anti-depression pills because it will be a long night at Broncos stadium.  Need I remind BH fans that the only football team to beat Dayton last year was the 8th grade A team.....

bh will be good early, but the compitition will be too much to handle.  dayton will probably win in all, but maybe not. but ;they will be in the mix and i feel bh will be lucky to be in the mix. gage, and not cage, is a quality coach but he will need time to put his system in place and acquire the athletes he needs to run his o/d/st.  the plant workers may not give him enough time.  this is not 1A and this is not 1965-69.

[quote name="eagle65" post="816941" timestamp="1278649976"]
bh will be good early, but the compitition will be too much to handle.  dayton will probably win in all, but maybe not. but ;they will be in the mix and i feel bh will be lucky to be in the mix. gage, and not cage, is a quality coach but he will need time to put his system in place and acquire the athletes he needs to run his o/d/st.  the plant workers may not give him enough time.  this is not 1A and this is not 1965-69.
[/quote]

65-69?????????  Oh boy.......arn't you the historian.  Your Honor, strike everything this guy just said.....  ;D

1965 ???
4A - Odessa Permian 11, San Antonio Lee 6
3A - Brownwood 14, Bridge City 0
2A - Plano 20, Edna 17
1A - Willis Point 14, White Deer 0

1966 ???
4A - San Angelo Central 21, Spring Branch 14
3A - Bridge City 30. McKinney 6
2A - Sweeny 29, Granbury 7
1A - Sonora 40, Schulenberg 14

1967 ???
4A - Austin Reagan 20, Abilene Cooper 19
3A - Brownwood 36, El Campo 12
2A - Plano 27, San Antonio Randolph 8
1A - Tidehaven 7, Clifton 6

1968 ???
4A - Austin Reagan 17, Odessa Permian 11
3A - Lubbock Estacado 14, Refugio 0
2A - Daingerfield 7, Lufkin Dunbar 6
1A - Sonora 9, Poth 0

1969 ???
4A - Wichita Falls 28, San Antonio Lee 20
3A - Brownwood 34, West Columbia 16
2A - Iowa Park 31, Klein 14
1A - Mart 28, Sonora 0

4A - Austin Reagan 21, Odessa Permian 14
3A - Brownwood 14, Cuero 0
2A - Refugio 7, Iowa Park 7 (tie) CO-CHAMPIONS
1A - Sonora 45, Pflugerville 6

[b]1971[/b]
4A - San Antonio Lee 28, Wichita Falls 27
3A - Plano 21, Gregory-Portland 20
2A - Jacksboro 20, Rosebud-Lott 14
[b]1A - Barbers Hill 3, Sonora 3 (tie) CO-CHAMPIONS[/b]

4A - Odessa Permian 37, Baytown Sterling 7
3A - Uvalde 33, Lewisville 27
2A - Boling 20, Rockwall 0
1A - Schulenberg 14, Clarendon 10
B - Chilton 6, Windthorst 0
8-Man - Goree 28, Harold 24
6-Man - O'Brien 60, Jerrell 14

4A - Tyler John Tyler 21, Austin Reagan 14
3A - Cuero 21, Mount Pleasant 7
2A - Friendswood 28, Hooks 15
1A - Troup 28, Vega 7
B - Big Sandy 25, Rule 0
8-Man - Goree 52, LA Pryor 22
6-Man - Cherokee 43, Marathon 12

4A - Brazoswood 22, Mesquite 12
3A - Cuero 19, Gainesville 7
2A - Newton 56, Spearman 26
1A - Grapeland 19, Aledo 18
B -Big Sandy 0, Celina 0 (tie) - CO-CHAMPIONS
8-Man - Follett 28, La Pryor 22
6-Man - Marathon 60, Cherokee 58

4A - Port Neches-Groves 20, Odessa Permian 10
3A - Ennis 13, Cuero 10
2A - La Grange 27, Childress 6
1A - DeLeon 28, Schulenberg 15
B - Big Sandy 26, Groom 2
8-Man - Leakey 32, Follett 14
6-Man - Cherokee 40, Marathon 26

[b]1976[/b]
4A - San Antonio Churchill 10, Temple 0
3A - Beaumont Hebert 35, Gainesville 7
2A - Rockdale 23, Childress 6
[b]1A - Barbers Hill 17, DeLeon 8[/b]
B - Gorman 18, Ben Bolt 6
6-Man - Marathon 62, May 16

I am not sure about the rest of the Dayton faithful, but I am just glad to see the Barbers Hill fan stop praising the Broncos and shrugging off the beat downs.  It has been hard to hate on them with all the praise they have offered the last few years.  I think you BHfan for bringing back the dislike for you god foresaken town.  I feel good hating Crosby and disliking Barbers Hill again.

thanks again!!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="816927" timestamp="1278643498"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg816864#msg816864 date=1278622076]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Don't forget that one act play is right around the corner after football season.
Herrera took two quarters to get used to the speed of the game from bumping up from JV to Varsity, then he toasted the Eagles defense for 21 points in about 7 minutes.  After playing the likes of Elkins, Angleton, and IKE if the Broncos are healthy going into the BH game, BH fans might as well start popping the anti-depression pills because it will be a long night at Broncos stadium.  Need I remind BH fans that the only football team to beat Dayton last year was the 8th grade A team.....
[/quote]

The players didn't burn BH in that game Stewart did! I bet Stewart and Herrera was wondering "good lord how many more times is BH going to let us throw this 8 yard curl" I bet Stewart could have put the center in the QB spot during that scoring with the same results ;D Any who good luck against the current staff doing that! your DB's might actually have to key on more than one player in our next meeting.

[quote name="Dwack" post="816972" timestamp="1278684758"]
I am not sure about the rest of the Dayton faithful, but I am just glad to see the Barbers Hill fan stop praising the Broncos and shrugging off the beat downs.  It has been hard to hate on them with all the praise they have offered the last few years.  I think you BHfan for bringing back the dislike for you god foresaken town.  I feel good hating Crosby and disliking Barbers Hill again.

thanks again!!
[/quote]

All that hate and dislike still won't get you out of flipping burgers in Dayton the rest of your life ;D What's it feal like for daytonians  to know that they will be working for Corsby and Mont Belvieu people one day ???

[quote name="Dwack" post="816972" timestamp="1278684758"]

thanks again!!
[/quote]

Hey man, it's a rival in the making.  Been way too long! 

[color=red][font=Verdana]All that hate and dislike still won't get you out of flipping burgers in Dayton the rest of your life ;D What's it feal like for daytonians  to know that they will be working for Corsby and Mont Belvieu people one day ???[/font][/color]

What does it feel like for crosby and mont belvieu people to know that your wives and daughters come to dayton for "entertainment" right now? Thanks for the twelve thousand dollar upgrades, they make motorboating so much fun. Ladies love winners.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="817063" timestamp="1278700281"]
[color=red][font=Verdana]All that hate and dislike still won't get you out of flipping burgers in Dayton the rest of your life ;D What's it feal like for daytonians  to know that they will be working for Corsby and Mont Belvieu people one day ???[/font][/color]

What does it feel like for crosby and mont belvieu people to know that your wives and daughters come to dayton for "entertainment" right now? Thanks for the twelve thousand dollar upgrades, they make motorboating so much fun. Ladies love winners.
[/quote]Now thats how you talk smack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As for BH -----you folks can flip that tire all summer and flap your gums all summer long until reality sets in at kickoff.-----I'd be willing to bet Stewart was five steps ahead y'all all night----stop the curl and here comes something else.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="817063" timestamp="1278700281"]
[color=red][font=Verdana]All that hate and dislike still won't get you out of flipping burgers in Dayton the rest of your life ;D What's it feal like for daytonians  to know that they will be working for Corsby and Mont Belvieu people one day ???[/font][/color]

[/quote]

burn

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="816680" timestamp="1278553133"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg816674#msg816674 date=1278551499]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg816473#msg816473 date=1278459590]
Guess you've never eaten Gar cooked by somebody that knows how.Best fish I ever ate alot of was blackened mullet.I know what you think as I said the same thing.Turns out mullet fillets are $12.00 lb.in Florida and in Georgia there's a place that folks stand in line like Frank's Cafe to endulge in mullet.Owner got ticketed by game warden for having 77 (2 over the daily bag limit of 75).Fought it & went to court w/his bible and told the judge he could prove he actually caught 0 fish that day because in the bible a mullet would be a fowl because a fish does not have a gizzard.Case closed just like BH beating Dayton anytime while Coach Stewart is in control.I figured since the broncos have been king of football I wanted to see if kingfish are good fighters on a zebco 33 ??? ;) ;D
[/quote]

Great Post!  I love the references.  It's nice seeing someone with a sense of humor and half a brain, considering the other option is downgoesfrazier......... ;) ;)  

I am aware of the fact mullet is a in high demaind Florida, but only the good LORD knows why.  Fact is anyone who has eatin the imitation crab meat has consumed gar.  Trust me, if you want to tear up a snoopy pole on a nasty kingfish, or queen trigger, or just fowl hooking frazier, it's OK by me.  Either way I'll put you on the boat and you can fish your heart away.  Only two rules, no bananas and you can't bring questionable pictures of Frazier hugging a hot dog. Boat leaves the dock this Sunday!

As for BH beating Dayton, when Price was coaching (woops...while Price was drawing a check) I would agree with you, Stewart, and anyone else with half a brain (not you Frazier), but this is a new time, a new coach, and a lot of returning players.  This is Crosby's last year to win district and Dayton's not "on the rise."  Dayton is going to find touchdowns like mullet gizzards, hard to find and it may take the bible to get one when BH takes the field.   ;D ;D

All kidding to the side, if you want to go fishing send me a PM.
[/quote]

No bananas?  Given your known proclivities for objects of that shape, I thought that would be right up your alley.
[/quote]

Sorry, JJ. That right there's damn funny !  ;D

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="816927" timestamp="1278643498"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg816864#msg816864 date=1278622076]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Whoa Nelly...I'll give you football. To think BH has to reach all the way to one act play in this "spirited debate"....no sir.  ;)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="817069" timestamp="1278701465"]
OK - You BH people need to back off on the smack talk stuff  your way out of your league - don't force me to play the "delusions of grandeur " card , if I don't purple 4ever will. --- 8)
[/quote]

please don't...that's made me.....well delusional.

1A is 1A and 4A is 4A.  30+ years changes things.  past performance is great and builds tradition.  tradition only last as long as performance does. hope bh does well and i am sure you will have the records to back up a mediocre season.