19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

Dayton is better coached and more disciplined than any team in the district and most teams in the houston area, texas for that matter.  Ike may have more athletes, but Dayton can play with anyone in the state if they are on their A game.  What dayton lacked last year was the killer instinct required to put teams away (I have a feeling they will bring it the next few years!).  I kind of like the way last years 19-4A's champs have been left out of the convo.  I guess everybody realizes it was fluke.  :) as bob marley would say, STIR IT UP :)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="815841" timestamp="1278116739"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65952.msg815836#msg815836 date=1278116425]
I don't even see how there is an argument going one here. Ike has a huge enrollment, Dayton does not. Of course there are MORE athletes there.

Pan and HUM ... you guys are right,... I'd move on.
[/quote]

Thank you...Dayton. You just beat me to the punch. Why shouldn't Ike beat Dayton ?
Dayton beats Humble. JMO.

[/quote]

Dayton Beats Humble?  Maybe.   Really no way to really draw an comparison to the two, neither have had similar opponents.  It really is just a matter of speculation on either side if you were to make that a serious assertion.

I can look at Humble and Dayton and see potential match up problems for either side.  Dayton has better coaching, im not really sure by how much because again their really isn't a similar opponent to do even a poor comparison.  Humble has better athletes, larger participation numbers apparently, and run a defensive scheme that gives offenses like Dayton trouble. Dayton runs a pretty solid defensive scheme that i could see hampering the lack luster Humble offense ive seen as of late.  Dayton executes the flats really well, and that is where Humble has been making it's yardage.   If they have sufficient speed flying to the flats, i could see it turning to a game that favored Dayton.  However, if they don't have the athletic ability to keep our speed from taking over the game...then it could get out of control quickly.   Humble like any team that has an abundance of skill players has the potential to break big plays at the sign of a mental lapse.

It would be a good game...

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815855" timestamp="1278120108"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=65952.msg815849#msg815849 date=1278118557]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815819#msg815819 date=1278110244]
So how would the rest of the district fair against Ike and Angleton? 
[/quote]
dayton lose by at least 14

everybody else 21 plus
[/quote] Lee will be lucky to make the playoffs and it will be fun to watch Dayton bring the wood to Lee !  All is not lost though Lee can always pull for Ike in the post season if they get bored watching basketball.
[/quote]

I could give two craps about Ike.
This is the type of chatter I am talking about.
Quit looking for a quick smack talk rebuttal.
Quit looking for the slight against your team.  
You are entirely too good of a program to have such completely insecure fans.
Surely, there has to be one Dayton fan out there that is secure enough in his team to be drawn into an actual football discussion?

I'v[color=red]e gotten the same impression.  The insecurity i am picking up is irritating, and it completely distracting of the point.  We have argued that Ike has better athletes then Dayton, which is pretty much factual....it's silly to oppose the view, based purely on loyalty and bias.    The real discussion is between the mis-matches each team potentially possess over the other.

Instead they want to argue who is better, so one can fictionally thump their chests until game day when the preconceived notions are obliterated by truth.[/color] ~ [color=red][color=black]Whats irritating is your monster ego - and your oxy-moronic statements I never heard anybody say we were better than Ike. And aren't these boards meant to be for opposing teams to argue which team is better.( not according to you )You and your x-5a buds come on here over and over and over bragging about all of the ocean of athletes Ike has like were supposed be intimidated or something and when were not you call us insecure.  Lets talk about that real discussion between the mis-matches - funny you never brought them up one time ? ( and no coaches and [/color] discipline don't count )

[quote name="HUM398" post="815875" timestamp="1278121945"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=65952.msg815841#msg815841 date=1278116739]
I don't even see how there is an argument going one here. Ike has a huge enrollment, Dayton does not. Of course there are MORE athletes there.

[/quote]

Thank you...Dayton. You just beat me to the punch. Why shouldn't Ike beat Dayton ?
Dayton beats Humble. JMO.

[/quote]

Dayton Beats Humble?  Maybe.   Really no way to really draw an comparison to the two, neither have had similar opponents.  It really is just a matter of speculation on either side if you were to make that a serious assertion.

I can look at Humble and Dayton and see potential match up problems for either side.  Dayton has better coaching, im not really sure by how much because again their really isn't a similar opponent to do even a poor comparison.  Humble has better athletes, larger participation numbers apparently, and run a defensive scheme that gives offenses like Dayton trouble. Dayton runs a pretty solid defensive scheme that i could see hampering the lack luster Humble offense ive seen as of late.  Dayton executes the flats really well, and that is where Humble has been making it's yardage.   If they have sufficient speed flying to the flats, i could see it turning to a game that favored Dayton.  However, if they don't have the athletic ability to keep our speed from taking over the game...then it could get out of control quickly.   Humble like any team that has an abundance of skill players has the potential to break big plays at the sign of a mental lapse.

It would be a good game...

[/quote] Good post

I've been on this board for a long time.

I am going to drop it.
I just think as Dayton fans, you are past that stage.
You are too good to be so defensive all the time.
You have made a state final and semi-final in the last 4 or 5 years.  You don't have to be so defensive.

Let's just break it down honestly.

Ike has way more athletes.
Dayton has much better coaching
Dayton is going to execute better.
Dayton is going to have a better gameplan.
Dayton is going to probably have better focus and more effort.

Dayton has a chance.  I have no idea honestly, because I haven't seen either of the teams in their current state.
I would need to see them both play a game or two to really get a good feel for it.
If Eisenhower was all that, they wouldn't have finished up at 6-5 last year.
It's not like they are some unbeatable machine.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815890" timestamp="1278124332"]
I've been on this board for a long time.

I am going to drop it.
I just think as Dayton fans, you are past that stage.
You are too good to be so defensive all the time.
You have made a state final and semi-final in the last 4 or 5 years.  You don't have to be so defensive.

Let's just break it down honestly.

Ike has way more athletes.
Dayton has much better coaching
Dayton is going to execute better.
Dayton is going to have a better gameplan.
Dayton is going to probably have better focus and more effort.

Dayton has a chance.  I have no idea honestly, because I haven't seen either of the teams in their current state.
I would need to see them both play a game or two to really get a good feel for it.
If Eisenhower was all that, they wouldn't have finished up at 6-5 last year.
It's not like they are some unbeatable machine.

[/quote] another good post - I like it -

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815855" timestamp="1278120108"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=65952.msg815849#msg815849 date=1278118557]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815819#msg815819 date=1278110244]
So how would the rest of the district fair against Ike and Angleton?  
[/quote]
dayton lose by at least 14

everybody else 21 plus
[/quote] Lee will be lucky to make the playoffs and it will be fun to watch Dayton bring the wood to Lee !  All is not lost though Lee can always pull for Ike in the post season if they get bored watching basketball.
[/quote]
If zellers is The qb then Lee will finish second in the district if the other guy is the Qb then lee will be 4th

[quote name="HUM398" post="815866" timestamp="1278121078"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65952.msg815847#msg815847 date=1278117584]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815840#msg815840 date=1278116705]

[/quote]

You are right they do have a larger enrollment. But that still doesn't address the fact that Ike has BETTER athletes.
[/quote]

sure some may be better... they have more to choose from.
[/quote]

Sounds like an excuse to me...being as it everyone here was stating not even a couple months ago how "you still have to put 11 kids on the field".
[/quote]

Not me sport... go back and read my posts, I didn't get too involved in the 5A vs. 4A mess. I'll try not to lump you in with a radical group of fans if you'll do me the same courtesy.

[quote name="dayton" post="815903" timestamp="1278127103"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815866#msg815866 date=1278121078]

[/quote]

You are right they do have a larger enrollment. But that still doesn't address the fact that Ike has BETTER athletes.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like an excuse to me...being as it everyone here was stating not even a couple months ago how "you still have to put 11 kids on the field".
[/quote]

Not me sport... go back and read my posts, I didn't get too involved in the 5A vs. 4A mess. I'll try not to lump you in with a radical group of fans if you'll do me the same courtesy.
[/quote]

Fair enough. 

[quote name="HUM398" post="815906" timestamp="1278128161"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65952.msg815903#msg815903 date=1278127103]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815866#msg815866 date=1278121078]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough.   
[/quote]

;)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815879" timestamp="1278122521"]
I'v[color=red]e gotten the same impression.  The insecurity i am picking up is irritating, and it completely distracting of the point.  We have argued that Ike has better athletes then Dayton, which is pretty much factual....it's silly to oppose the view, based purely on loyalty and bias.    The real discussion is between the mis-matches each team potentially possess over the other.

Instead they want to argue who is better, so one can fictionally thump their chests until game day when the preconceived notions are obliterated by truth.[/color] ~ [color=red][color=black]Whats irritating is your monster ego - and your oxy-moronic statements I never heard anybody say we were better than Ike. And aren't these boards meant to be for opposing teams to argue which team is better.( not according to you )You and your x-5a buds come on here over and over and over bragging about all of the ocean of athletes Ike has like were supposed be intimidated or something and when were not you call us insecure.  Lets talk about that real discussion between the mis-matches - funny you never brought them up one time ? ( and no coaches and [/color] discipline don't count )
[/quote]

My monster ego?  I am arguing against the opinion that Dayton was slightly over-matched, and the idea that the athletic discrepancy between the two schools was much larger then was being presented by the opposing view.
They only reason i inserted my view on the topic was because of i have seen Ike play...been watching them for the better part of 15 years...and am fairly familar with their style of play.

Ike isn't a team that is a monster machine, they haven't been truly good since 2003.  They are merely a shadow of what they were.  Dayton can win the game, and i think i have made that clear in previous posts....The only thing i saw as faulty thinking on the behalf of the Dayton faithful is the insecure stance that Dayton can match up with anyone athletically....it simple just isn't true.

I don't expect you to be intimidated....you are Dayton.  No one should scare you, and i am fully aware of that.  Dayton plays great football, and the fact that some of your fans are regurgitation this sort of insecurity in criticism is odd.   If i were to say the same things to Katy, their fans would say "You are right....But We are Katy" .   If Dayton is truly as good as yall believe and truly as good as your record demonstrates....Then let it go.   You are Dayton, stop acting like Port Arthur.

[quote name="liltex" post="815907" timestamp="1278128375"]
Win/Lose playing Elkins-Angleton-Ike @Bronco stadium is a + compared to Bay City-Friendswood-Austin LBJ ::)
[/quote]

Honestly i see Dayton coming out 2-1...Elkins is going to get their rear ends chewed up and spit out...They win one of the two final games.  It helps that you play Ike at Bronco Stadium.

[quote name="liltex" post="815907" timestamp="1278128375"]
Win/Lose playing Elkins-Angleton-Ike @Bronco stadium is a + compared to Bay City-Friendswood-Austin LBJ ::)
[/quote] liltex couldn't agree with you more! Its going to be fun to see 3 new teams come to town([color=red]4 counting Lee) [/color] and I think Dayton is really going to be a dynamic team this year that will find its identity alot sooner than last year its going to be a blast.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815912" timestamp="1278129303"]
I think I did let it go ! I guess you skipped over the place where I said "good post " .but if you need to engage I'll be your huckleberry . :-*
[/quote]
lmao  :D :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815912" timestamp="1278129303"]
I think I did let it go ! I guess you skipped over the place where I said "good post " .but if you need to engage I'll be your huckleberry . :-*
[/quote]
::)

What is it like to live in your world?

[quote name="HUM398" post="815923" timestamp="1278133111"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815912#msg815912 date=1278129303]
[/quote]
::)

What is it like to live in your world?
[/quote]SIMPLY MARVELOUS ! Especially when I finally get to sit in my season ticket seats at Bronco Stadium eagerly awaiting the first kick-off of the new season.  GO BRONCO'S --

Not so certain about Elkins being an easy win.
They were 8-2 in the regular season last year, have 12 starters back, and only lost by 2 in the playoffs to a Clear Springs team that made it to the quarterfinals.

They did get hammered by Hightower and Kempner though.

I would say that Elkins falls somewhere between a Rosenberg Terry and a Friendswood caliber team.

I'm not so sure how much Brenham exposed Angleton as opposed to just staging one helluva comeback.
Terry actually probably exposed them more.  Terry played and contained Angleton from wire to wire, losing only 10-2.

Angleton had less than 250 yards of offense against Terry, whereas they had over 420 against Brenham.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815944" timestamp="1278161556"]
Not so certain about Elkins being an easy win.
They were 8-2 in the regular season last year, have 12 starters back, and only lost by 2 in the playoffs to a Clear Springs team that made it to the quarterfinals.

They did get hammered by Hightower and Kempner though.

I would say that Elkins falls somewhere between a Rosenberg Terry and a Friendswood caliber team.

I'm not so sure how much Brenham exposed Angleton as opposed to just staging one helluva comeback.
Terry actually probably exposed them more.  Terry played and contained Angleton from wire to wire, losing only 10-2.

Angleton had less than 250 yards of offense against Terry, whereas they had over 420 against Brenham.

[/quote]

Other than that long td run diggs in the second half, they were lifeless after halftime.  Let me rephrase it...  We exposed angletons secondary, made changes at halftime and only gave up that one second half td.  They were 1 for 5 passing...  Only completion was the opening pass where they did that reverse-deep pass and still couldn't score on it.  Diggs had all of their td's and they were all long runs. (that's why they had so many yards.) Poor coaching too.  As for Terry, they did a great job against angletons offense, but their offense couldn't even score, so i'm not sure if that exposed much.  Diggs was also injured that game, and that's Angletons whole offense.  Put the 2 games together and it shows alot.  Not to mention, Manvel beat angleton the last game of the regular season. (pretty handily too...again, diggs was hurt part of that game)