19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="815783" timestamp="1278092712"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815782#msg815782 date=1278092116]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815550#msg815550 date=1277967023]
[color=red]Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.[/color] ~~~   Like far out man - and you know this because you did a statistical comparison of both teams ?  No ! that's right you went to one Dayton game last year and wasn't impressed and of course with all your vast expert football knowledge and knowing very little about Dayton's program from the inside came to that conclusion all by your self. I must say I'm impressed if not Humbled .
[/quote]

Yall Bronco fans are some of the most easily offended fans i have ever encountered.  You walk into a discussion with a pre-committed view on where you stand against every other team.

I'm Sorry to break this news to you, but as great of a football team you have.... You don't have anything close to the type of athlete Ike has access to year in and year out.  They are bigger, Faster, and Stronger.  You are over-matched athletically....period.   I don't think a single person outside of dayton who has seen Ike play would say Dayton is 'slightly" over-matched....They have bigger guns...Yall have a better general.

[/quote]

...and out of thin air, he appears.  HUM398 is just like beetlejuice, except for the fact that the name only has to be mentioned once and POOF there he is.  I really wish Humble would have taken the place of summer creek in 19-4A so I could see how over-matched dayton would be against the pussycats. 
[/quote]

Summer Creek isn't in 19-4a...their in 18-4a with Humble.  I would of liked nothing more then to be in 19-4a, but unfortunately the UIL thought it best to stick us with the inept of the Region.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="815789" timestamp="1278093927"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815783#msg815783 date=1278092712]
[color=red]Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.[/color] ~~~   Like far out man - and you know this because you did a statistical comparison of both teams ?  No ! that's right you went to one Dayton game last year and wasn't impressed and of course with all your vast expert football knowledge and knowing very little about Dayton's program from the inside came to that conclusion all by your self. I must say I'm impressed if not Humbled .
[/quote]

Yall Bronco fans are some of the most easily offended fans i have ever encountered.  You walk into a discussion with a pre-committed view on where you stand against every other team.

I'm Sorry to break this news to you, but as great of a football team you have.... You don't have anything close to the type of athlete Ike has access to year in and year out.  They are bigger, Faster, and Stronger.  You are over-matched athletically....period.   I don't think a single person outside of dayton who has seen Ike play would say Dayton is 'slightly" over-matched....They have bigger guns...Yall have a better general.

[/quote]

...and out of thin air, he appears.  HUM398 is just like beetlejuice, except for the fact that the name only has to be mentioned once and POOF there he is.  I really wish Humble would have taken the place of summer creek in 19-4A so I could see how over-matched dayton would be against the pussycats. 
[/quote]

Summer Creek isn't in 19-4a...their in 18-4a with Humble.   I would of liked nothing more then to be in 19-4a, but unfortunately the UIL thought it best to stick us with the inept of the Region.

[/quote]

You're right all the football teams over there suck. 

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815786" timestamp="1278093534"]
OK- Mr. HUM398 please enlighten us on Ike's big guns and why Dayton will be so athletically over matched ? Give some examples and facts not just rhetoric ! I say this most respectfully . ( you need to really come watch the game you might be surprized )
[/quote]

Pretty sure i gave you some pretty hard evidence.   They produce close to 10-15 College Football players per Graduating class.   In comparison Dayton does what?  Hell Humble does 7-9 a year.  NS does about the same....   That speaks volumes about the type of athletes they have to put 10-15 kids into college ever year...that is on the low end.  

Their was an article in the Chronicle not to long ago (i believe 08) about how they had consistently put 15 or more kids in college over the last 3 years.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="815790" timestamp="1278094054"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815789#msg815789 date=1278093927]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815783#msg815783 date=1278092712]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Summer Creek isn't in 19-4a...their in 18-4a with Humble.   I would of liked nothing more then to be in 19-4a, but unfortunately the UIL thought it best to stick us with the inept of the Region.

[/quote]

You're right all the football teams over there suck. 
[/quote]

::)

Humble is going to do plenty to prove they are don't belong in that league.  I am looking forward to smashing what ever 19-4a school pops out of their for the Division I playoffs.

[color=red]Their was an article in the Chronicle not to long ago (i believe 08) about how they had consistently put 15 or more kids in college over the last 3 years[/color].  ~  To me that means over a 3yr period and Dayton has done that many. Last year Payton Ploch was All Greater Houston Player of the year ( that includes 5a )  In 08 AJ Dugat Parade All American and Cody Green started as QB for Nebraska's against Baylor. Tony Hill last year second team all state this year already  D.Wright among the best 300 in TX by Dave Campbell just don't see us being completely over matched maybe some, but not alot our conditioning program will easily make up the diff and then some.

Hum398 to set the record straight from 2005-2010(6 yrs)Ald.Ike has had 14 players(4-DB-1 CB-1 QB-1 RB-3 DL-2 WR-2 LB)on the Texas top 300 list.Dayton had 6 on that list and Brenham had more than both put together so since all I have is time to kill I love to get the facts from records.I can list the Ike players if you'd like.Ike has 1-2010*Dayton 1* ::) ;) ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815798" timestamp="1278098323"]
[color=red]Their was an article in the Chronicle not to long ago (i believe 08) about how they had consistently put 15 or more kids in college over the last 3 years[/color].  ~  To me that means over a 3yr period and Dayton has done that many. Last year Payton Ploch was All Greater Houston Player of the year ( that includes 5a )  In 08 AJ Dugat Parade All American and Cody Green started as QB for Nebraska's against Baylor. Tony Hill last year second team all state this year already  D.Wright among the best 300 in TX by Dave Campbell just don't see us being completely over matched maybe some, but not alot our conditioning program will easily make up the diff and then some.
[/quote]

Man, yall Dayton fans are a delusional bunch.

Ike averages 10-15 kids that receive scholarships from Div 1, Div. 2, Div III, and Jr. Colleges ever year.  The strength of a programs athletes aren't how many kids they have going Div. 1, or how many Texas to 300 kids... It is the depth and quality of depth.

in 2006 Ike but 20+ kids in college....That means 20 seniors went on to play college ball.  Are you trying to tell me that Dayton does the same? no....

Look....Dayton is going to be able to compete with Ike based on the fact that they have a coach that is worth the money they pay him.  Ike has the athletes, and a coaching staff that is not worth the money they are paid.  Ike stays in games for one reason and one reason only since the departure of Carson...and that is their athletic ability.  If a team neutralizes their athletic ability by matching it....the other team will win if they are even just slightly more disciplined.

[quote name="liltex" post="815801" timestamp="1278100242"]
Hum398 to set the record straight from 2005-2010(6 yrs)Ald.Ike has had 14 players(4-DB-1 CB-1 QB-1 RB-3 DL-2 WR-2 LB)on the Texas top 300 list.Dayton had 6 on that list and Brenham had more than both put together so since all I have is time to kill I love to get the facts from records.I can list the Ike players if you'd like.Ike has 1-2010*Dayton 1* ::) ;) ;D
[/quote]

That doesn't prove anything.

Im not saying Dayton has NO talent, or even that they don't have some of the best talent.  But top to bottom Ike is superior in the athletic department.

While Dayton puts maybe 2-3 kids into college every year...Ike puts about 4-5 times that.

and Brenham is a great program as well...but still has nothing on the number of athletes a school like Ike puts out.

[url=http://www.aldine.k12.tx.us/sections/news/specific_article.cfm?articleID=5263]Ike 2009 had 18 guys get college football scholarships[/url]
[quote]Eisenhower High had the most seniors earn scholarships as 19 signed with various colleges and universities across the country.[/quote]
One of the 19 was a swimmer, the rest were football players.
[url=http://www.aldine.k12.tx.us/sections/news/specific_article.cfm?articleID=5447]Ike 2010 had 13 guys get college football scholarships[/url]
[quote]Pictured are 12 of the 13 Eisenhower Senior High football players who signed national letters of intent during the school’s national signing day ceremony held on Wednesday, Feb. 3. Not pictured is Jay Guy, who graduated in December and is currently enrolled at the University of Nebraska.[/quote]
[url=http://www.nenewsroom.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=2&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=1224&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1074&hn=nenewsroom&he=.com]Ike 2007 had 17 guys get college football scholarships[/url]
[quote]Twenty Aldine ISD senior football players signed national letters of intent to continue their academic and athletic careers on Wednesday, Feb. 7 during signing ceremonies at all four AISD high schools.
Eisenhower Senior High School led with way with 17 signees, while MacArthur Senior High had two players sign and Aldine Senior High and Nimitz High had one each sign, respectively.[/quote]

[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815819#msg815819 date=1278110244]
So how would the rest of the district fair against Ike and Angleton? 
[/quote/]

Dayton has a shot to beat both Ike and Angelton....i see everyone else losing by 7-60pts depending on the team.

Dayton has the Tradition and coaching to beat Ike and Angleton.

Crosby would lose to Ike and probably to Angelton...probably keep it close though.

Lee would lose to both by 14pts or more.

everyone else pretty much gets slaughtered.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815820" timestamp="1278111463"]
[url=http://www.aldine.k12.tx.us/sections/news/specific_article.cfm?articleID=5263]Ike 2009 had 18 guys get college football scholarships[/url]
[quote]Eisenhower High had the most seniors earn scholarships as 19 signed with various colleges and universities across the country.[/quote]
One of the 19 was a swimmer, the rest were football players.
[url=http://www.aldine.k12.tx.us/sections/news/specific_article.cfm?articleID=5447]Ike 2010 had 13 guys get college football scholarships[/url]
[quote]Pictured are 12 of the 13 Eisenhower Senior High football players who signed national letters of intent during the school’s national signing day ceremony held on Wednesday, Feb. 3. Not pictured is Jay Guy, who graduated in December and is currently enrolled at the University of Nebraska.[/quote]
[url=http://www.nenewsroom.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=2&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=1224&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1074&hn=nenewsroom&he=.com]Ike 2007 had 17 guys get college football scholarships[/url]
[quote]Twenty Aldine ISD senior football players signed national letters of intent to continue their academic and athletic careers on Wednesday, Feb. 7 during signing ceremonies at all four AISD high schools.
Eisenhower Senior High School led with way with 17 signees, while MacArthur Senior High had two players sign and Aldine Senior High and Nimitz High had one each sign, respectively.[/quote]

[/quote]

They really don't know until they see it for themselves.  Ike has some monster athletes...period.

Im kind of pissed that Humble won't get a shot at Dayton...but Crosby is still a delightful possibility...or even Lee (Would be a great match up between to old rivals)

The point of the matter is that not very many teams in the entire country can match up with Eisenhower's athletes.

To argue that Ike does not have much better athletes than their opponents 99.9% of the time is to just be intentionally obtuse or a huge homer.

Get past that part of the argument and go on to the who will actually win part.
I've found this forum enjoys getting caught up in the wrong argument.
The 4a being as good as 5a argument being one example and Dayton having comparable athletes to Eisenhower being another example.

It really, really reeks of an inferiority complex.

It's much easier to get a good discussion going when both sides can admit to their weaknesses and strengths.

Heck...we may as well say that Port Arthur Memorial has just as good of a program and discipline in place as Katy.
Katy better coached?  No way, PAM is better coached.
Katy players are more disciplined?  No way, PAM players are more disciplined....
Let's not give in on any point.
Don't admit being weaker in any phase of any sport.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815825" timestamp="1278112363"]
The point of the matter is that not very many teams in the entire country can match up with Eisenhower's athletes.

To argue that Ike does not have much better athletes than their opponents 99.9% of the time is to just be intentionally obtuse or a huge homer.

Get past that part of the argument and go on to the who will actually win part.
I've found this forum enjoys getting caught up in the wrong argument.
The 4a being as good as 5a argument being one example and Dayton having comparable athletes to Eisenhower being another example.

It really, really reeks of an inferiority complex.

It's much easier to get a good discussion going when both sides can admit to their weaknesses and strengths.

Heck...we may as well say that Port Arthur Memorial has just as good of a program and discipline in place as Katy.
Katy better coached?  No way, PAM is better coached.
Katy players are more disciplined?  No way, PAM players are more disciplined....
Let's not give in on any point.
Don't admit being weaker in any phase of any sport.

[/quote]

I've gotten the same impression.  The insecurity i am picking up is irritating, and it completely distracting of the point.  We have argued that Ike has better athletes then Dayton, which is pretty much factual....it's silly to oppose the view, based purely on loyalty and bias.    The real discussion is between the mis-matches each team potentially possess over the other.

Instead they want to argue who is better, so one can fictionally thump their chests until game day when the preconceived notions are obliterated by truth. 

[quote name="dayton" post="815836" timestamp="1278116425"]
I don't even see how there is an argument going one here. Ike has a huge enrollment, Dayton does not. Of course there are MORE athletes there.

Pan and HUM ... you guys are right,... I'd move on.
[/quote]

You are right they do have a larger enrollment. But that still doesn't address the fact that Ike has BETTER athletes.

[quote name="dayton" post="815836" timestamp="1278116425"]
I don't even see how there is an argument going one here. Ike has a huge enrollment, Dayton does not. Of course there are MORE athletes there.

[/quote]

Thank you...Dayton. You just beat me to the punch. Why shouldn't Ike beat Dayton ?
Dayton beats Humble. JMO.

[quote name="HUM398" post="815840" timestamp="1278116705"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65952.msg815836#msg815836 date=1278116425]

[/quote]

You are right they do have a larger enrollment. But that still doesn't address the fact that Ike has BETTER athletes.
[/quote]

Duh..it kinda does. Ike should concentrate on something more than beating Dayton.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815798" timestamp="1278098323"]
[/quote]
Payton Ploch was district player of the year not Greater Houston player of the year. You will see the the 2009 Player of the year when Angleton comes to town

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815773" timestamp="1278086076"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815756#msg815756 date=1278082692]
Who farted?
[/quote] Ithink it was Jabubo went he left !
[/quote]
real cute had to work a double. My team is Baytown lee by the way.

[quote name="HUM398" post="815840" timestamp="1278116705"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sure some may be better... they have more to choose from.

[quote name="jabu84" post="815849" timestamp="1278118557"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815819#msg815819 date=1278110244]
So how would the rest of the district fair against Ike and Angleton? 
[/quote]
dayton lose by at least 14

everybody else 21 plus
[/quote] Lee will be lucky to make the playoffs and it will be fun to watch Dayton bring the wood to Lee !  All is not lost though Lee can always pull for Ike in the post season if they get bored watching basketball.

[quote name="dayton" post="815847" timestamp="1278117584"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=65952.msg815840#msg815840 date=1278116705]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sure some may be better... they have more to choose from.
[/quote]

Sounds like an excuse to me...being as it everyone here was stating not even a couple months ago how "you still have to put 11 kids on the field".