19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angletons speed is being compared to Daytons?  I don't think anybody can argue this, cuz Angleton fields pretty much a track team to where Dayton is just a fast football team.  Now, what did that get Angleton last year, when they had that stable of RB's plus what they have this year?  They exited the playoffs one round sooner than Dayton.  Dayton has some speed and excellent coaching, to where Angleton has super speed and a super star.  (Even though he plays QB, when he is a an elite CB, and it shows) Dayton has proved itself and it's coaching over  the years.  Has Angleton?  Angletons coaching cost them last year, and cost them big.  Blowing a 21 point halftime lead, by not changing there coverage up after their secondary was exposed as a weakness.  How you get burnt time and time again, and not change your defense our audible is beyond me.  Perhaps it's the same reason that Angleton had one of the best CB's in the state, but wouldn't use him at that position, even when there lead was slowly disappearing.  Speed makes a big difference, but it isn't everything...  

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="815180" timestamp="1277818543"]
Angletons speed is being compared to Daytons?  I don't think anybody can argue this, cuz Angleton fields pretty much a track team to where Dayton is just a fast football team.  Now, what did that get Angleton last year, when they had that stable of RB's plus what they have this year?  They exited the playoffs one round sooner than Dayton.  Dayton has some speed and excellent coaching, to where Angleton has super speed and a super star.  (Even though he plays QB, when he is a an elite CB, and it shows) Dayton has proved itself and it's coaching over  the years.  Has Angleton?  Angletons coaching cost them last year, and cost them big.  Blowing a 21 point halftime lead, by not changing there coverage up after their secondary was exposed as a weakness.  How you get burnt time and time again, and not change your defense our audible is beyond me.  Perhaps it's the same reason that Angleton had one of the best CB's in the state, but wouldn't use him at that position, even when there lead was slowly disappearing.  Speed makes a big difference, but isn't everything...  
[/quote]

I couldn't believe that Angleton kept their entire secondary at the line of scrimmage when you guys played them. I think that win can be attributed to 49% poor angleton coaching and 51% Brenham mojo.  (plus having a coach with the cajones to call a fake like he did doesnt hurt either.)

I agree...  He does that more than most coaches, but he always seems to pick the right times, cuz I can't remember it not working.  I remember reading, that if we got that last first down against Aledo, where we needed two yards but only got one.  Their was still a 1:35 to play and we were down 7 at their 19 with all the momentum.  He told the chronicle, had we scored, we would have faked the extra point and gone for 2.  He's a pretty good coach though.  He'll admit it when his game plan isn't working and he won't hesitate to come up with something else.

Dayton will be fast and quick and have the athletes to hang with any team they come up against period. Two years ago when CE King was undefeated( until the Dayton game) and had a D-1 RB with blazzing speed ESPN radio said the game was going to be a blowout in Kings favor. Kings D-1 RB had a total of 26 YDS rushing and Dayton won 46 to 0 .

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815197" timestamp="1277825239"]
Dayton will be fast and quick and have the athletes to hang with any team they come up against period. Two years ago when CE King was undefeated( until the Dayton game) and had a D-1 RB with blazzing speed ESPN radio said the game was going to be a blowout in Kings favor. Kings D-1 RB had a total of 26 YDS rushing and Dayton won 46 to 0 .
[/quote]
A big key to remember here is coach stewart and a highly touted defense that is coming through. Dayton will be ready to saddle up them horses and play how they are taught to play. Yes ike and angleton have speed in the backfield but Dayton has speed in the backfield and up front. Experience is gonna be a little bit of an issue just like it is every year for us.... in the beginning. but coach stewart always has a way of changing that problem very soon. this is gonna be a great season for my broncos.... and lumberjax!!!!! ALWAYS BELIEVE and AXE EM JAX!!!!!

[quote name="liltex" post="815210" timestamp="1277829939"]
Thing is w/Ike they're gonna get banged up and whipped Sept.10 by Bmt.Westbrook Bruins.Then Dayton gets them @Bronco stadium Sept 17  ;D 8)
[/quote]

Think of the mess that will be talked on here if Ike beats westbrook and then gets handled by dayton.  Hope Ike gets beat by both, but it would make for an interesting scenario.

Comparing CE King to Ike is a little like comparing Rice to Texas.

Refresh my memory on this CE King D-1 running back?
Ike has 10-15 D1 players on their team in any one year.
It's a whole different animal.
Dayton will not be as big, fast or athletic as Ike.
That doesn't matter though as we have already established that big, quick and fast do not necessarily always prevail.

Seeing how September 17 is our off week I think i'll have to go check this Ike vs Dayton game out.  I was going to go to the WB vs Katy game, but with all the smack talk going on, this seems like the game I should be at.  Plus scouting Dayton is always handy.   ;)

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815227" timestamp="1277832950"]

Refresh my memory on this CE King D-1 running back?
[b]Ike has 10-15 D1 players on their team in any one year.[/b]It's a whole different animal.
That doesn't matter though as we have already established that big, quick and fast do not necessarily always prevail.

[/quote]

Panama....I think that might be quite a stretch w/ numbers.  ;) More like 3-5. Last year's team had two that I know of..Guy and Veazie.
I think I'll join BrenhamFan and watch the Ike/Dayton game this year.
Should be a good one.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="815238" timestamp="1277835639"]
I'm more interested in the angleton game. I want to see how disciplined dayton is against the run and an athletic qb early in the season.  If they can prevent the big plays that early in the year i think it would be a good sign. Did diggs commit to ut like his brother?
[/quote]

Yes he did commit to Texas......Key to slowing Diggs down is pressure, and just the right amount.  Not enough and he will have time to make the right decission, and if there's too much and you over commit he'll burn you on a draw play or a cutback.  Just make sure he's wraped up, no arm tackles.  You just can't let him get in the openfield.  He does that and Daytons in trouble.  Just play very desciplined football...  You won't stop him, but you can slow him down.  Very one deminsional, but very good at that one deminsion.  Passing, I think he was 0-4 with an interception.  (against us)

Brenhamfan your last comment hit the nail on the head.All the teams lately to beat the Broncos have done it VIA air mail.Diggs will be in the def.backfield 1 day @Texas.Look for Dayton to make an early statement against #5 Angleton.Very few teams have had success running on Dayton -avg.last year under 94 yds.per gm.We could lose to the 2-5A teams and beat Angleton and move up in the polls :) 8) ::) ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="815256" timestamp="1277839745"]
Brenhamfan your last comment hit the nail on the head.All the teams lately to beat the Broncos have done it VIA air mail.Diggs will be in the def.backfield 1 day @Texas.Look for Dayton to make an early statement against #5 Angleton.Very few teams have had success running on Dayton -avg.last year under 94 yds.per gm.We could lose to the 2-5A teams and beat Angleton and move up in the polls :) 8) ::) ;D
[/quote]

Very true...  I'm a little worried about our game against Lamar.  The last time we were ranked and played them was 06'.  We came into the season ranked #1 and we looked like we would hold them off, leaving Delmar with a narrow victory, but with 0:56 left they pulled off a 68 yard hook and ladder play to take the lead.  Jarrett Lee and Brandon Collins ran the 2-minute offense to perfection, but we ran out of time after we drove down to their 35.  The next year, we beat them by 1.  Always alot of D1 talent on the field when we play and this year will be no exception.  We win that and we will be #1 or #2, cuz Lake Travis plays Aledo that seem week....plus LT opens with 5A's #4 team, Westlake and Aledo opens with 4A's #4 team, Stephenville.   ;) ;D  August 27 can't get here soon enough!      

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="815262" timestamp="1277842474"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg815256#msg815256 date=1277839745]
[/quote]

Very true...  I'm a little worried about our game against Lamar.  The last time we were ranked and played them was 06'.  We came into the season ranked #1 and we looked like we would hold them off, leaving Delmar with a narrow victory, but with 0:56 left they pulled off a 68 yard hook and ladder play to take the lead.  Jarrett Lee and Brandon Collins ran the 2-minute offense to perfection, but we ran out of time after we drove down to their 35.  The next year, we beat them by 1.  Always alot of D1 talent on the field when we play and this year will be no exception.  We win that and we will be #1 or #2, cuz Lake Travis plays Aledo that seem week....plus LT opens with 5A's #4 team, Westlake and Aledo opens with 4A's #4 team, Stephenville.   ;) ;D  August 27 can't get here soon enough!      
[/quote]Aledo will be but a bump in the road for LT - LT will remain #1 - nobody will slow Travis down  "one more makes four"

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815272" timestamp="1277846223"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=65952.msg815262#msg815262 date=1277842474]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg815256#msg815256 date=1277839745]
[/quote]

[/quote]Aledo will be but a bump in the road for LT - LT will remain #1 - nobody will slow Travis down  "one more makes four"
[/quote]

Your probably right, but Westlake has a shot.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815227" timestamp="1277832950"]

[b]Refresh my memory on this CE King D-1 running back?[/b]
Ike has 10-15 D1 players on their team in any one year.
It's a whole different animal.

[/quote]

Alvester Alexander
166/1348 yds and 19 TD's.

I think it's safe to say that Ike will have at LEAST 2-3 D1 athletes in any given year, so that puts 6-9 on the varsity team in any one year.
I didn't say they would have 10 seniors go D1.
I meant that 10 of their players on the varsity roster will eventually end up on a D1 roster.

I may have overestimated them a little bit, but I bet if you look back over the last three

Looking on Rivals, last year they had 5 seniors go D1
Guy, Hubert, Jackson, Veazie and Becks

The year before they had 5 more:
Loston, Timmons, Guiton, Reynolds and Willis.

I would be willing to guess they have at least 10 guys on the squad as we speak that will challenge for a D1 scholarship.

You just never know;Last year 4A LaMarque(didn't make 1 of 4 playoff spots in dist.24-4A)without that grt.HC that made them a power LED Northshore for 3 full qtrs.as NS staged a last qtr.scoring spree to pull it out-Nuff said bout differant animal ::) ;D ::)

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="814753" timestamp="1277584991"]
[quote author=BL33DPURPLE link=topic=65952.msg814674#msg814674 date=1277508512]
Hahahaha. I can't believe a someone would actually bet 1000 dollars on BH. I don't care what anybody says, thats funny!!! :D
[/quote]

I think the guy from BH may have backed out.  I haven't seen a response since frazier insisted on a cash money bet.  What's the deal, is the bet going to happen?
[/quote

Tyrone, of course he backed out.  As dumb as he comes off on here, he can't possibly be that stupid to bet a grand on BH beating Dayton.  He'll be back on this thread sooner or later hoping we all forgot about it.  That's his M.O.  Come on here and say something stupid, get owned, and run away like a whipped dog. 

[color=red]would be willing to guess they have at least 10 guys on the squad as we speak that will challenge for a D1 scholarship.[/color]  Really who cares ? The fastest man on LakeTravis is lucky to run a 4.7 (40) and on paper it looks like even Lee could beat them,but reality is a whole different animal. It's all about the X's and O's .