19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

Just because Lake Travis is a team full of white boys, don't mistake them for not having good athletes.
They have a lot of guys that have been going on to play college ball.

And, as I said, it is not completely about athletes.

Dayton will be completely overmatched in an athletic sense, so if they win then I would be very impressed with the coaching that they are getting.
I am already impressed with it, but I have never seen them as of yet been quite as overmatched physically as they will be in that game against Ike.

Look, if Dayton beats them, them I will be pretty pessimistic about the chances of Lee being able to hang within 30 points of Dayton.

I don't think Lee should be able to beat LT on paper.
On paper LT probably has 30+ seniors while Lee has 11 on paper.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never mistake LT for anything ! Dayton played them a couple of years ago and I talk with their posters year around on other sites . Dayton might be a little over-matched against Ike and that's to be expected against a 5a team,but to say they will be completely over-matched is over the top. To be honest I don't know if Dayton wins or not but I do know it will be a dog fight and Ike better not underestimate us !

[quote name="liltex" post="815210" timestamp="1277829939"]
Thing is w/Ike they're gonna get banged up and whipped Sept.10 by Bmt.Westbrook Bruins.Then Dayton gets them @Bronco stadium Sept 17  ;D 8)
[/quote]

Ike will be okay against west brook after playing hightower and north shore the previous two weeks. They will have a scrimmage on Sept 17 to relax and get ready for district 18-5a.  :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815340" timestamp="1277867165"]
Just because Lake Travis is a team full of white boys, don't mistake them for not having good athletes.
They have a lot of guys that have been going on to play college ball.

And, as I said, it is not completely about athletes.

Dayton will be completely overmatched in an athletic sense, so if they win then I would be very impressed with the coaching that they are getting.
I am already impressed with it, but I have never seen them as of yet been quite as overmatched physically as they will be in that game against Ike.

Look, if Dayton beats them, them I will be pretty pessimistic about the chances of Lee being able to hang within 30 points of Dayton.

I don't think Lee should be able to beat LT on paper.
On paper LT probably has 30+ seniors while Lee has 11 on paper.
[/quote]

Of course LT has atheletes...  How else do you else do you explain back to back to back state championships.  If i'm  not mistaken, they did that with 3 different coaches too.

Dayton would match up better against these team later in the year. Dayton seems to be a traditional slow starter, but picks up speed once district begins. I think the slow start is all part of Stewart getting them ready though.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="815409" timestamp="1277916288"]
Dayton would match up better against these team later in the year. Dayton seems to be a traditional slow starter, but picks up speed once district begins. I think the slow start is all part of Stewart getting them ready though.
[/quote]

It seems like the broncos normally try some different things at the beginning of the year.  BUT by the time district play begins...

Will be interested in seeing how the RB's look against 5A competition. Any word on a new transfer from the beaumont area?

[quote name="jabu84" post="815374" timestamp="1277903062"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=65952.msg815210#msg815210 date=1277829939]
Thing is w/Ike they're gonna get banged up and whipped Sept.10 by Bmt.Westbrook Bruins.Then Dayton gets them @Bronco stadium Sept 17  ;D 8)
[/quote]

Ike will be okay against west brook after playing hightower and north shore the previous two weeks. They will have a scrimmage on Sept 17 to relax and get ready for district 18-5a.  :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Mighty sure of Ike arnt you?  Scrimmage?  Relax?  A lose to Dayton would serve up enough crow for you to have a buffet. :D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="815417" timestamp="1277919261"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=65952.msg815374#msg815374 date=1277903062]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mighty sure of Ike arnt you?  Scrimmage?  Relax?  A lose to Dayton would serve up enough crow for you to have a buffet. :D
[/quote]
A lot of things might in this world happen but that will not

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815445" timestamp="1277928955"]
Who are the running backs Dayton has?
I know of the Delasbour(sp) kid, but who else is supposed to be there?
[/quote]
It looks as if Delasbour is going to start but also having xavier baldwin on his backside. Baldwin starts at slot but if something happens to Delasbour and Baldwin has to go in we are extremely deep with recievers.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="815445" timestamp="1277928955"]
Who are the running backs Dayton has?
I know of the Delasbour(sp) kid, but who else is supposed to be there?
[/quote]

delasbour, xavier baldwin, (any other candidates???) and i heard there might be a transfer. then again, in a small town i wouldnt be surprised to hear that walter payton returned from the dead and was enrolling at dhs at the beginning of the school year.

[quote name="jabu84" post="815374" timestamp="1277903062"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good try JABU. Stirring the pot keeps things interesting.  Speaking of pot, you must be smoking a cheech and chong sized doober if you think Dayton is going to roll over for Ike.  Besides, Dayton would easily be a playoff team in 18-5A.

dayton will be fine. they do tend to start slow but i think that is the plan in order to find what will work and who can play in game conditions.  only problem i see is the height of the qb, plenty of ability but must roll and not steadily drop back.

[quote name="eagle65" post="815518" timestamp="1277954668"]
dayton will be fine. they do tend to start slow but i think that is the plan in order to find what will work and who can play in game conditions.  only problem i see is the height of the qb, plenty of ability but must roll and not steadily drop back.
[/quote]

Rolling is not always a bad thing.  Our QB rolls out alot and he's been pretty successful at it.  It has actually made him a better scrambler, and he's alot more calm in pressure situations.  Seems like it's helped him in a way.  A few guys just throw better on the move.  (not alot, but some) After a while, he'll get use to it.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="815485" timestamp="1277941413"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good try JABU. Stirring the pot keeps things interesting.  Speaking of pot, you must be smoking a cheech and chong sized doober if you think Dayton is going to roll over for Ike.  Besides, Dayton would easily be a playoff team in 18-5A.
[/quote]
Hey Stirring the pot keeps it fun. By the way you must sitting next to me if you think dayton would be a playoff team in 18-5A 

[quote name="SgtRey" post="815489" timestamp="1277943613"]
Ike will not be ok against WB....WB is going to handle that business against IKE...look for a Dayton to beat dat $%&@ ! ! to the dirt.   :P
[/quote]

Lets hope WB can get off to a better start than last year. Instead of waiting until the last 2 min to get into the game.

[quote name="liltex" post="815285" timestamp="1277850553"]
You just never know;Last year 4A LaMarque(didn't make 1 of 4 playoff spots in dist.24-4A)without that grt.HC that made them a power LED Northshore for 3 full qtrs.as NS staged a last qtr.scoring spree to pull it out-Nuff said bout differant animal ::) ;D ::)
[/quote]

North Shore last year was a very dull and bland team.  probably one of the worst teams i have seen them put out since 1996....That being said, since 2003 NS has failed to  capitalize on their talent and play some pretty dull offensive football.  They are known as a defensive team, that is brute and physical.

Ike is a different Animal then NS(not in a good way...very undisciplined) ...They are far more athletic then 99% of the teams they play...When they play a team of the same talent and athletic level it will come down to who executes better... When they play a team that has tremendous discipline and tremendous depth, they will lose unless they are as disciplined (however...Ike is a undisciplined aggressive team that will often lose to teams that out execute and are able to keep fresh legs).

Dayton has a shot, but don't be surprised if you walk away saying "That is the dirtiest game that i have ever watched".....and in 2011 when you go to thorne...watch out for the batteries and turkey legs...they like to throw them.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815352" timestamp="1277870593"]
I would never mistake LT for anything ! Dayton played them a couple of years ago and I talk with their posters year around on other sites . Dayton might be a little over-matched against Ike and that's to be expected against a 5a team,but to say they will be completely over-matched is over the top. To be honest I don't know if Dayton wins or not but I do know it will be a dog fight and Ike better not underestimate us !
[/quote]

Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.  They don't play games with the type of talent they spit out.  They sign 10-15 college football players a year(not just Division I)....some years putting out as much as 20.  They are bigger, faster and stronger then just about everyone they play...That includes North Shore.  Then you talk about how absolutely vicious those kids are in pads.  Remember that scene in friday night lights of Carter...Meet Houston's version of that.

This has nothing to do with 5a...they field 40-50 varsity football players depending on the year...

Now down the beltway you have a team like Nimitz, who is as talented...but their is just something about the Black and Gold....those kids can ball.

Dayton should be able to compete, but overcoming their athleticism when you have NEVER faced a team like that is going to be a something those Dayton boys will have to get over pretty quick.  You can't simulate it in practice, unless you got it.

Ike will not be ok against WB....WB is going to handle that business against IKE...look for a Dayton to beat dat $%&@ ! ! to the dirt.   :P
[/quote]

Isn't it at Throne?  I don't think you'll be able to overcome that.  Westbrook has never been a great road team.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="815417" timestamp="1277919261"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Brenham will have similar problems with lamar lets try to a W this go around, so I will not hear from my classmates for the rest of the football season. That 21 point blow I had to sit through was not fun.

[color=red]Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.[/color] ~~~  Like far out man - and you know this because you did a statistical comparison of both teams ?  No ! that's right you went to one Dayton game last year and wasn't impressed and of course with all your vast expert football knowledge and knowing very little about Dayton's program from the inside came to that conclusion all by your self. I must say I'm impressed if not Humbled .

[/quote]
SgtRey this is for you

Aug. 27 Beaumont Ozen W (42-6)
Sept. 3 Beaumont Central W (35-21) [color=blue]city champs[/color]
Sept. 10 at Aldine Eisenhower L (34-31)[color=blue] this game depends on Reyes.[/color]
Sept. 18 Katy L (37-13) Its the lady from down the street [color=red]KATY[/color]
Sept. 25     Tyler Lee (Toss up) W ( 38-31)[color=green]First one to 21 win this game[/color]
Oct. 8 Baytown Sterling W (52-24) being nice with the 24
Oct. 15 at Galena Park North Shore W (31-14) [color=blue]North Shore D is not as strong as you think this year there are so holes up front[/color]        
Oct. 22 Port Arthur Memorial L [color=crimson]my upset pick[/color] (17-13) new DC Crooms gets it done.
Oct. 30 Channelview W (55-10)
Nov. 5 at La Porte W (21-10)[color=blue] keep Webb under 150 yards and you will win[/color]