BH Hires Two-time State Champ Coach - Ronnie Gage

HillGuy

[quote name="BHFAN" post="766104" timestamp="1267108959"]
OMG what shock a new Coach wants to bring in his own people!!!!! First off I don't believe one thing that Trucked has spewed and will wait to rely on folks that didn't have (As one poster put it )a man crush on Price to provide information. It may have happened and I may not have, but to start your first post with the beginning of "Well you bunch of BH whiners" and then CRY three paragraphs is hilarious; D I have never seen such a bunch of sore losers in my life! Those that are supposed to be here for BH only care that there buddy is no longer in power! BH needed a change sorry you could not see this, but if this thing would have went to the polls for a vote we would have ended up with the same result! This is not the boards fault or the Supers fault, Price has to have some fault in his departure whether you choose to believe it or not. Coach Gage has nothing to fear at BH and will get the same support that Price enjoyed for most of his career at BH, but if 10 years from now BH hasn’t made it past a second round appearance then Gage will fall into the same barrel. Is it Fair? Heck no! Is this what a Coach should expect? If not you should find job at a plant where you can work for 30 years regardless of  what you do because you are a Good Ole Boy.

Can someone pass me a tissue please  :'(

[/quote]

What you choose to believe matters not to me. It will come out. All I'm saying is let Gage come in fresh and let HIM make the decisions on who to keep. And as far as a man crush, read back through this thread and see how many times the haters brought up the ex AD's name. That's whats funny, it's as if you guys  have just realized you won't be able to bash the AD in charge anymore but you just can't help yourself.

I hope coach Gage is extremely sucessful because he is at BH, unfortunately there is just a lot of baggage that goes with a BH job these days. Now where is that red pen?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="766113" timestamp="1267110150"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64943.msg766104#msg766104 date=1267108959]
OMG what shock a new Coach wants to bring in his own people!!!!! First off I don't believe one thing that Trucked has spewed and will wait to rely on folks that didn't have (As one poster put it )a man crush on Price to provide information. It may have happened and I may not have, but to start your first post with the beginning of "Well you bunch of BH whiners" and then CRY three paragraphs is hilarious; D I have never seen such a bunch of sore losers in my life! Those that are supposed to be here for BH only care that there buddy is no longer in power! BH needed a change sorry you could not see this, but if this thing would have went to the polls for a vote we would have ended up with the same result! This is not the boards fault or the Supers fault, Price has to have some fault in his departure whether you choose to believe it or not. Coach Gage has nothing to fear at BH and will get the same support that Price enjoyed for most of his career at BH, but if 10 years from now BH hasn’t made it past a second round appearance then Gage will fall into the same barrel. Is it Fair? Heck no! Is this what a Coach should expect? If not you should find job at a plant where you can work for 30 years regardless of  what you do because you are a Good Ole Boy.

Can someone pass me a tissue please  :'(

[/quote]

What you choose to believe matters not to me. It will come out. All I'm saying is let Gage come in fresh and let HIM make the decisions on who to keep. And as far as a man crush, read back through this thread and see how many times the haters brought up the ex AD's name. That's whats funny, it's as if you guys  have just realized you won't be able to bash the AD in charge anymore but you just can't help yourself.

I hope coach Gage is extremely sucessful because he is at BH, unfortunately there is just a lot of baggage that goes with a BH job these days. Now where is that red pen?
[/quote]

Bashing is a word that is thrown out allot ,but in reality if you give an Opinion that is not liked by coach clicks then you are a basher 8) This baggage you speak of is at every school and is no worse at BH. Like I have said before I don't wish for anyone to lose their job especially in these screwed up times, but if they are as good and well respected as most believe then they should have know problem finding a place to work. Goodluck to the past and future adminstration at BH

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="765739" timestamp="1267054388"]
Well you bunch of BH whiners, it looks like you got your wish... the ax is starting to fall on the coaches you guys just love to hate. Some are leaving on their own (handwriting on the wall) while others who are doing a fine job are being fired. I would like to thank all of the coaches for their service, whether they leave on their own or by force. There are a lot of people who appreciate the profession and know the time and effort that go into it. Thank you Coaches Price, Byrd, Nunez, Parsons, Riley for the time you gentlemen have spent coaching and mentoring our youth. (Forgive me if I leave anyone out). I know others are being reassigned so not all will be leaving much to the disappointment of the brilliant minds that seem to frequent the BH threads on SETXSPORTS these days. And I feel for the girls and boys BB coaches, because the ruling elite in BH will not tolerate losing while their children are on the team. That just will not do!

Make no mistake, this has nothing to do with Coach Gage, this comes from "The Furor" and his seven member SS panel.

I could go on and on about why this is wrong, take for instance the treatment of the girls BB coach during the season and the recent disrespect for his family and home after the recent playoff loss. Disgusting. Maybe you people of the "NEW BH" as one of you recently posted can explain why coach Parsons is being ask to leave without explanation. I have heard nothing but praise for the results he has gotten out of the kids he has worked with.. girls and boys. Like I said I could go on, but what would be the point.

Coach Gage, you will have my full support, because you are coaching the children of BH. Just be careful, you are coaching and overseeing some all-americans here, if you don't believe me .. just ask their parents. Stick to your guns and run it like YOU want to.

Well... back to grading those papers!
[/quote]

Don't know who you are but you nailed right on. You have some reliable sources. BH needs to watch out because if they don't handle this the right way of firing people they will be handing out more payoff money or getting sued for wrongful termination of employment. Can't fire people for no reason.

[quote name="Bobcat" post="766267" timestamp="1267122003"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=64943.msg765739#msg765739 date=1267054388]
Well you bunch of BH whiners, it looks like you got your wish... the ax is starting to fall on the coaches you guys just love to hate. Some are leaving on their own (handwriting on the wall) while others who are doing a fine job are being fired. I would like to thank all of the coaches for their service, whether they leave on their own or by force. There are a lot of people who appreciate the profession and know the time and effort that go into it. Thank you Coaches Price, Byrd, Nunez, Parsons, Riley for the time you gentlemen have spent coaching and mentoring our youth. (Forgive me if I leave anyone out). I know others are being reassigned so not all will be leaving much to the disappointment of the brilliant minds that seem to frequent the BH threads on SETXSPORTS these days. And I feel for the girls and boys BB coaches, because the ruling elite in BH will not tolerate losing while their children are on the team. That just will not do!

Make no mistake, this has nothing to do with Coach Gage, this comes from "The Furor" and his seven member SS panel.

I could go on and on about why this is wrong, take for instance the treatment of the girls BB coach during the season and the recent disrespect for his family and home after the recent playoff loss. Disgusting. Maybe you people of the "NEW BH" as one of you recently posted can explain why coach Parsons is being ask to leave without explanation. I have heard nothing but praise for the results he has gotten out of the kids he has worked with.. girls and boys. Like I said I could go on, but what would be the point.

Coach Gage, you will have my full support, because you are coaching the children of BH. Just be careful, you are coaching and overseeing some all-americans here, if you don't believe me .. just ask their parents. Stick to your guns and run it like YOU want to.

[/quote]

Don't know who you are but you nailed right on. You have some reliable sources. BH needs to watch out because if they don't handle this the right way of firing people they will be handing out more payoff money or getting sued for wrongful termination of employment. Can't fire people for no reason.
[/quote]

In the state of Texas you can fire people for no reason.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="766296" timestamp="1267123425"]
[quote author=Bobcat link=topic=64943.msg766267#msg766267 date=1267122003]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I know that Texas is a right to work state but I think the education system may be different, being under contract? Anyways some things are not being handled right. Remeber this, what goes around comes around.

In Texas, most school districts give you a one year probationary contract.  Your second and third years are also one year probationary which means you can be released without reason.  Other than having a probationary contract, which I doubt the Toon and Chancellor have, they can not be released without reason.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Stranger" post="766992" timestamp="1267192344"]
In Texas, most school districts give you a one year probationary contract.  Your second and third years are also one year probationary which means you can be released without reason.  Other than having a probationary contract, which I doubt the Toon and Chancellor have, they can not be released without reason.
[/quote]

[u]TexasTeacherLaw.Com[/u]

If you are a teacher in Texas and you are worried about your contract being non-renewed, there are some things you can do to help yourself, and possibly head off the non-renewal.

If you have a non-probationary term contract, the district has to show cause why your contract should be non-renewed, and the district has to have evidence to back up that reason.  Further, the district has to show that their reason exists at the time of the proposed nonrenewal, not merely at some time in the past.  So, for example, if you had a record of being tardy 3 days out of 5 last year, but had been on time every single day this year, the district could probably not use tardiness as a reason to non-renew you contract.

So, if you think your contract is in trouble, here's what you need to do:

Respond to everything you get in writing, explaining how you will correct the situation (or why there was a misunderstanding and you were doing the right thing all along) and then follow through.  Write a followup note saying that the correction has been made.

Make sure the principal knows all the good things you've done and that parents have praised you.  Put these things in writing.  If you have an oral conversation with the principal, do a followup note summarizing the conversation.

If you have a growth plan, get it completed and send the principal a report on everything you do. If there is something in the PGP you can't get completed, send a note recording the steps you took to try and do it, and what kept you from getting it done (no seminars on the topic scheduled, team leader was invited to your class to observe but never made it, etc).

The point here is to create a record of how you have attempted to meet all the expectations placed on you. If you do this, one of two things might happen.  The first and best thing is that the principal might get information he/she would otherwise have missed that will cause the threat of non-renewal to evaporate. 

The second is that if you get a proposed non-renewal, you may have the evidence to show the reason for the proposal is either non-existent or no longer exists because you corrected the concern.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="766296" timestamp="1267123425"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not in the Education system.  You'll get yourself in a jam real quick!  Unless you are on a probationary contract which most are not.  Here's how it usually goes...  Brand spanking new teachers right out of college get a probationary contract for years 1 and 2.  District policy can go probationary for year 3 if needed and by law may even go prob for yr 4 ( usually doesn't happen though).  After probationary term ends teachers are given a term contract which affords the teacher many more rights as far as employment goes. Districts can opt to give whatever length of term they choose but most opt to give 1yr or 2 yr terms.  Either way your contract will get renewed unless the district can show cause , true cause for non-renewal.  Remember, in Texas  most coaches other than the AD are teacher's first. 

Now all that being said.... moving someone from varsity football to 7th grade girls volleyball would send them a pretty strong message that uh you might want to move down the road.  I don't have a clue what is going on in BH  but wish you guys and Coach Gage all the luck as well as Coach Price in his future endeavors.  Usually most A'D's have a couple of guys that they trust and have worked with that they would like to bring with them.  All coaches know this and its not uncommon.  But AD's are people too and usually know that there are good men and women on the old staff and some of them they will keep.  Its usually not about skill but about trust and teamwork.  Just like when a new sheriff gets elected he would like to bring in a new Chief Deputy and maybe a different investigator. 

[quote name="bearbryant" post="767319" timestamp="1267228054"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=64943.msg766296#msg766296 date=1267123425]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not in the Education system.  You'll get yourself in a jam real quick!  Unless you are on a probationary contract which most are not.  Here's how it usually goes...  Brand spanking new teachers right out of college get a probationary contract for years 1 and 2.  District policy can go probationary for year 3 if needed and by law may even go prob for yr 4 ( usually doesn't happen though).  After probationary term ends teachers are given a term contract which affords the teacher many more rights as far as employment goes. Districts can opt to give whatever length of term they choose but most opt to give 1yr or 2 yr terms.  Either way your contract will get renewed unless the district can show cause , true cause for non-renewal.  Remember, in Texas  most coaches other than the AD are teacher's first. 

Now all that being said.... moving someone from varsity football to 7th grade girls volleyball would send them a pretty strong message that uh you might want to move down the road.  I don't have a clue what is going on in BH  but wish you guys and Coach Gage all the luck as well as Coach Price in his future endeavors.  Usually most A'D's have a couple of guys that they trust and have worked with that they would like to bring with them.  All coaches know this and its not uncommon.  But AD's are people too and usually know that there are good men and women on the old staff and some of them they will keep.  Its usually not about skill but about trust and teamwork.   Just like when a new sheriff gets elected he would like to bring in a new Chief Deputy and maybe a different investigator. 

[/quote]Very well said

[quote name="Stranger" post="766992" timestamp="1267192344"]
[/quote]

Come on now stranger you know how easy it is to get rid of a MALE who coaches GIRLS basketball. All one momma has to say is he looked at my little darling out of the corner of his eye. Females on the other hand can do what ever they want. :'(

I know MHS32, Chancellor will most likely be gone next year.  My belief is that Poole will tell Gage to be the bad guy and he will inform Chancellor that his duties are no longer needed.  You are correct about female coaches, there has already been one there who did as she pleased.

Again I say, what makes you think they don't?  Get off it it an move forward.  tnt_mom was just trying to make an offer.  Your question has nothing to do with this thread.  We should be talking about Ronnie Gage and our feelings about him coming to BH.  I am thrilled and can't wait for the season!

i hope that coach gage has the ability to bring in his own coaches.  i am sure there are good coaches at BH, but he needs to have ones that are familiar with him and his thoughts toward moving the football and stopping the opposing offense. being close knit within the staff is important and i am sure that he had this in stone before accepting the position.  the coaches that are let go, know that this is part of the coaching life, and will have no problem landing another job.  they may not make the same money, but if you coach for money, you are in the wrong business.  i wish the best to coach gage and his success at BH.

[quote name="Stranger" post="768037" timestamp="1267319990"]
I know MHS32, Chancellor will most likely be gone next year.  My belief is that Poole will tell Gage to be the bad guy and he will inform Chancellor that his duties are no longer needed.  You are correct about female coaches, there has already been one there who did as she pleased.
[/quote]

You sure got that right. If she is a male she goes to the pen.

I guess that will leave it up to the Supt. to find a better Strength & Conditioning coach. That won't happen, and now our boys & girls will start lacking in areas like they were before Parsons got here. Regardless of what is happening, getting rid of all the boy's coaches except 2, there are some Chicken    $#!+ ways that the school board or Supt. are handling situations. I pray that all these people will be able to find jobs and I also pray that the people making these decisions will be able to lay their heads down and sleep at night!!!

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="Blue Blood" post="769513" timestamp="1267544392"]
I guess that will leave it up to the Supt. to find a better Strength & Conditioning coach. That won't happen, and now our boys & girls will start lacking in areas like they were before Parsons got here. Regardless of what is happening, getting rid of all the boy's coaches except 2, there are some Chicken    $#!+ ways that the school board or Supt. are handling situations. I pray that all these people will be able to find jobs and I also pray that the people making these decisions will be able to lay their heads down and sleep at night!!!
[/quote]

He probably thinks he can find a better strength and conditioning coach. Not only that he will be walking the sidelines every Friday night acting like Jerry Jones, thats after he takes the head set off and comes down from the press box.

How much patience will you eagles have with your new coach?  Are four or more district losses acceptable this coming season? (it's likely) How about beating dayton once a decade like crosby? It sounds like the guy will be able to install a good program, I'm curious to see how long he has before the complaints start rolling down the hill.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="769767" timestamp="1267579594"]
How much patience will you eagles have with your new coach?  Are four or more district losses acceptable this coming season? (it's likely) How about beating dayton once a decade like crosby? It sounds like the guy will be able to install a good program, I'm curious to see how long he has before the complaints start rolling down the hill.
[/quote]
EXCELLENT QUESTION!
With a good group of athletes currently in 9th grade next year looks to be the weakest Eagle team in the next three seasons (the over all talent level of the athletes in 7th, 8th and 9th or better than what they have in 10th and 11th).
My guess....
The new coach better win a playoff game by the time the 9th graders graduate (I put the probability of that at over 50% ) or he will be shown the road.  Curious at what the Eagle football fans think of this.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="769807" timestamp="1267585684"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=64943.msg769767#msg769767 date=1267579594]
[/quote]
EXCELLENT QUESTION!
With a good group of athletes currently in 9th grade next year looks to be the weakest Eagle team in the next three seasons (the over all talent level of the athletes in 7th, 8th and 9th or better than what they have in 10th and 11th).
My guess....
The new coach better win a playoff game by the time the 9th graders graduate (I put the probability of that at over 50% ) or he will be shown the road.  Curious at what the Eagle football fans think of this.
[/quote]

What would make you think that he would have that long????? :-[ The GREAT NEWS is we have a secret weapon starting next season. Dayton fans will hate it but we had to get competitive. ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn