BH Hires Two-time State Champ Coach - Ronnie Gage

HillGuy

[quote name="MHS32" post="769876" timestamp="1267595646"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=64943.msg769807#msg769807 date=1267585684]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=64943.msg769767#msg769767 date=1267579594]
How much patience will you eagles have with your new coach?  Are four or more district losses acceptable this coming season? (it's likely) How about beating dayton once a decade like crosby? It sounds like the guy will be able to install a good program, I'm curious to see how long he has before the complaints start rolling down the hill.
[/quote]
EXCELLENT QUESTION!
With a good group of athletes currently in 9th grade next year looks to be the weakest Eagle team in the next three seasons (the over all talent level of the athletes in 7th, 8th and 9th or better than what they have in 10th and 11th).
My guess....
The new coach better win a playoff game by the time the 9th graders graduate (I put the probability of that at over 50% ) or he will be shown the road.  Curious at what the Eagle football fans think of this.
[/quote]

What would make you think that he would have that long????? :-[ The GREAT NEWS is we have a secret weapon starting next season. Dayton fans will hate it but we had to get competitive. ;D ;D
[/quote]
Maybe Barbers Hill can win more than one football game against Dayton this year....
Last year from 7th to varsity Dayton was 10 wins and 1 loss against the mighty eagles.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MHS32" post="769876" timestamp="1267595646"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=64943.msg769807#msg769807 date=1267585684]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=64943.msg769767#msg769767 date=1267579594]
How much patience will you eagles have with your new coach?  Are four or more district losses acceptable this coming season? (it's likely) How about beating dayton once a decade like crosby? It sounds like the guy will be able to install a good program, I'm curious to see how long he has before the complaints start rolling down the hill.
[/quote]
EXCELLENT QUESTION!
With a good group of athletes currently in 9th grade next year looks to be the weakest Eagle team in the next three seasons (the over all talent level of the athletes in 7th, 8th and 9th or better than what they have in 10th and 11th).
My guess....
The new coach better win a playoff game by the time the 9th graders graduate (I put the probability of that at over 50% ) or he will be shown the road.  Curious at what the Eagle football fans think of this.
[/quote]

What would make you think that he would have that long????? :-[ The GREAT NEWS is we have a secret weapon starting next season. Dayton fans will hate it but we had to get competitive. ;D ;D
[/quote]

There you go, splilling the beans.  Not everyone knows we now have a football coach......  ;D ;D

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="bh89-2" post="769990" timestamp="1267637402"]
[quote author=MHS32 link=topic=64943.msg769876#msg769876 date=1267595646]
[/quote]
EXCELLENT QUESTION!
My guess....
[/quote]

[/quote]

There you go, splilling the beans.  Not everyone knows we now have a football coach......  ;D ;D
[/quote]

A coach or a puppet??????

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="769767" timestamp="1267579594"]
[/quote]

For me Coach Gage gets a two year bye with no expectations ;D Year three and beyond Playoffs with wins!!!! I have no doubt that Coach Gage can get BH back on track!!! With the experiance that this man brings to BH football along with the current talent comming up and the constant growth in the school district I can't see how this will go wrong!!

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="769767" timestamp="1267579594"]
[/quote]

It's not a question of our patience with the new coach, it's if the coach is going to have patience with his new boss. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="770113" timestamp="1267649775"]
[/quote]

For me Coach Gage gets a two year bye with no expectations ;D Year three and beyond Playoffs with wins!!!! I have no doubt that Coach Gage can get BH back on track!!! With the experiance that this man brings to BH football along with the current talent comming up and the constant growth in the school district I can't see how this will go wrong!!
[/quote]

I can't believe you are going to let the highest paid coach in the district go 2 years without making the playoffs and not complain..What did you run Price out of town for??Is the talent that bad over there on the Hill and i have seen yaw's super 9th grade team and was not impressed......

[quote name="bh89-2" post="769990" timestamp="1267637402"]
[quote author=MHS32 link=topic=64943.msg769876#msg769876 date=1267595646]
[/quote]
EXCELLENT QUESTION!
My guess....
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Naw I was talking about the REAL SECRET. Something each and every great football program needs. Dayton has proved it time and again and now we have it!!!! In August the secret will come to pass......... ::)

BC's coach wanted to go to BH but he felt like there may not be enough athletes at BH to be successful.

You guys gotta give this post a rest.  You are wearing out those school-issued computers.  Wonder why so many of you are bashing the new coaches?  I'm sure that tech is loving you and sharing your thoughts.  Not too smart guys!  I think that's why Coach Stump stayed right here.  He knew he wouldn't get any support there just like your new guy isn't getting.  

[quote name="dayton" post="770466" timestamp="1267713337"]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=64943.msg770337#msg770337 date=1267673540]
BC's coach wanted to go to BH but he felt like there may not be enough "secrets" at BH to be successful.  [b]Dayton's got lots of "secrets" [/b] and North Shore has "secrets" and Anahuac has "secrets" but BH doesn't have too many.

You guys gotta give this post a rest.  You are wearing out those school-issued computers.  Wonder why so many of you are bashing the new coaches?  I'm sure that tech is loving you and sharing your thoughts.  Not too smart guys!  I think that's why Coach Stump stayed right here.  He knew he wouldn't get any support there just like your new guy isn't getting. 
[/quote]

You should expound on that a little. Since you're implying something, you might as well say it.
[/quote]
The "secrets" that Dayton has is how to dominate our neighbors to the south in the one sport that really matters.

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="770166" timestamp="1267656880"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64943.msg770113#msg770113 date=1267649775]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can't believe you are going to let the highest paid coach in the district go 2 years without making the playoffs and not complain..What did you run Price out of town for??Is the talent that bad over there on the Hill and i have seen yaw's super 9th grade team and was not impressed......
[/quote]

He may not even be here in 2 years, not with the three ring circus we have now. Unless the ringmaster we have now leaves first.

Yo Skeeter.....what 3-ring circus?  Coach Gage is pulling together his staff and those who don't fit in are being asked to leave.  Tell me how that isn't different that any Head Coach coming into a new program?  You must be one of the Price "lovers" and need to go post your thoughts on another thread. 

We can speculate from now until the season starts about what will happen with the football program.  I just want Coach Gage to know the community supports him.  You folks from Dayton are talking smack now and it will continue through the season.  I have always supported you when you weren't playing BH because you are in our district and have a great football tradition.  I just wish you would give it a rest and see what Coach Gage brings to our program.

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="TrueBlue" post="770947" timestamp="1267758491"]
Yo Skeeter.....what 3-ring circus?  Coach Gage is pulling together his staff and those who don't fit in are being asked to leave.  Tell me how that isn't different that any Head Coach coming into a new program?  You must be one of the Price "lovers" and need to go post your thoughts on another thread. 

We can speculate from now until the season starts about what will happen with the football program.  I just want Coach Gage to know the community supports him.  You folks from Dayton are talking smack now and it will continue through the season.  I have always supported you when you weren't playing BH because you are in our district and have a great football tradition.  I just wish you would give it a rest and see what Coach Gage brings to our program.
[/quote]

Yo Blue........the coach is not the problem here......duh. From what I hear he will be great for the kids and the WHOLE athletic program, not just football. 

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="770166" timestamp="1267656880"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64943.msg770113#msg770113 date=1267649775]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN ;D I would love to answer all of these questions, but I think every Price Crusher ;D will know the answers soon enough Gage Vs. Price there is no comparison ::)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="770476" timestamp="1267715238"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=64943.msg770466#msg770466 date=1267713337]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=64943.msg770337#msg770337 date=1267673540]
BC's coach wanted to go to BH but he felt like there may not be enough "secrets" at BH to be successful.  [b]Dayton's got lots of "secrets" [/b] and North Shore has "secrets" and Anahuac has "secrets" but BH doesn't have too many.

You guys gotta give this post a rest.  You are wearing out those school-issued computers.  Wonder why so many of you are bashing the new coaches?  I'm sure that tech is loving you and sharing your thoughts.  Not too smart guys!  I think that's why Coach Stump stayed right here.  He knew he wouldn't get any support there just like your new guy isn't getting. 
[/quote]

You should expound on that a little. Since you're implying something, you might as well say it.
[/quote]
The "secrets" that Dayton has is how to dominate our neighbors to the south in the one sport that really matters.
[/quote]

Yep, but now we have alot of the same secrets. Just watch!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder