PNG vs Brenham

injun

Just two more days after today for the PNG Indians to take on the Brenham Cubbies!  Lets GO, Indians....take it to 'em! I know Coach Faircloth is "priming" our boys, gettin them ready for this one.  Leavin work early Friday to get there and be able to get a seat! Man, this is GREAT!

[b][color=purple]Honor...........Pride.................Tradition..............PNG INDIANS![/color] [/b]

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711324" timestamp="1258549178"]
As much as I don't like Friendswood Fan...
He does have one strong point...
Name the last time a team east of Houston beat Friendswood?

The only strong point that Dayton has over Friendswood is that for the last two years the Mustangs were dribbling basketballs while Dayton was still playing football.
It might just happen again this year, but only time will tell.

PN-G shouldn't worry about Friendswood, they need to beat Brenham this week, that should be all they are worried about.

If PN-G has three or four drives stall out inside the red zone, they might be in trouble against Brenham.
I think they had three or four drives against Barbers Hill stall out inside the 20 on downs and missed field goals, they need to convert those drives into points.

Just from my experience of watching video over the last few years that Dayton has advanced, every game you play from now on will get quicker and quicker.
The speed of the game keeps getting faster as you advance and the teams get better.
If you can't adjust to the quickness it could mean the dribbling sounds of basketballs.
PN-G will need at least an A- play level to win this week.
[/quote]

You should not be worried about FW either Purple, and make sure your basketballs are aired up! Ours are! PS - that one extra week of basketball last year FW got vs Dayston really did not help our basketball team that much ;) ;). I was hoping there was some way Dayton could be Division 1, but no way with their numbers from 2008 being 1350 ish. Would love to have seen them play Lake Travis - love to have seen that!! Talk about basketball dribbling.

Back to the topic at hand - good luck to all this weekend, no one gets hurt and our Regional teams get ready to win state, whoever that rep is!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="711504" timestamp="1258566354"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62369.msg711324#msg711324 date=1258549178]
As much as I don't like Friendswood Fan...
He does have one strong point...
Name the last time a team east of Houston beat Friendswood?

The only strong point that Dayton has over Friendswood is that for the last two years the Mustangs were dribbling basketballs while Dayton was still playing football.
It might just happen again this year, but only time will tell.

PN-G shouldn't worry about Friendswood, they need to beat Brenham this week, that should be all they are worried about.

If PN-G has three or four drives stall out inside the red zone, they might be in trouble against Brenham.
I think they had three or four drives against Barbers Hill stall out inside the 20 on downs and missed field goals, they need to convert those drives into points.

Just from my experience of watching video over the last few years that Dayton has advanced, every game you play from now on will get quicker and quicker.
The speed of the game keeps getting faster as you advance and the teams get better.
If you can't adjust to the quickness it could mean the dribbling sounds of basketballs.
PN-G will need at least an A- play level to win this week.
[/quote]

You should not be worried about FW either Purple, and make sure your basketballs are aired up! Ours are! PS - that one extra week of basketball last year FW got vs Dayston really did not help our basketball team that much ;) ;). I was hoping there was some way Dayton could be Division 1, but no way with their numbers from 2008 being 1350 ish. Would love to have seen them play Lake Travis - love to have seen that!! Talk about basketball dribbling.

Back to the topic at hand - good luck to all this weekend, no one gets hurt and our Regional teams get ready to win state, whoever that rep is!!
[/quote]
FWFan is harmless....he tooted a flute while in school....nothing wrong with that but just throwing that out there.  He was great on the debate team.

Im from Brenham and I saw some people wanted to discuss this weeks match up...this being said, ask away.  As far as PN-G's "one quality opponant," I have to disagree.  The blowout win over Crosby is by far your most impresseve.  Central is good too.  Now as for us "not playing anybody" Montgomery and Huntsville are two of better teams that have been overlooked this year.  Montgomery has LeRoy Dobbins, who is just a junior and is 8 yards away from 2500 yards this season.  I don't care who you are, thats impressive.  Montcomery has destroyed everybody they have played, besides us and Huntsville.  Huntsville has a 4 star recruit and another one of the areas best players in Justin Gilbert.  I saw that sombody said we were 7-3 in the regular season, but thats incorrect, we are 8-2.  The game they got wrong was that we didnt lose to Westbury 20-6, we won 55-21.  Our loses our to 5A Lamar, who only has one loss this season and it was by 3, and to our rival Waller who our players admitingly didn't take serious because of their record and tha we had already clinched our district.  I dont mean that as an excuse, because they should always play a rival hard, especialy when they were comming off a three game winning streak.  They have learned from that and proved it again Manor who was 2-8.  We 42-0 at the half and played our 2nd string the second half.  As for bashing our district, they havn't done too bad, so far.  We won 49-14, Waller won 28-7, Huntsville won 45-14 and Montgomery won 42-20 against Del Valle who was 9-1.  A little info about our team is were pretty balanced on ofense and we thrive on our defense.  Our defense has scored 12 td's this year.  Players to watch on Brenham- Utah commit, Terrell Reese at WR #81; Derek Edwards at WR #9, who has offers to Colorado State, TCU and SMU; Jermy Hall at S #4 who has commited to SMU, and Michael Walker LB #15 isn't too bad either.  Those are our seniors, but other good players that are underclassmen are, Troy Green HB #20, Ken-neth Allen DE #34.  Our team is based on speed.  Part of the reason our coach wanted to play at Thorne is because we could get it Friday, and the other stadium would have only been open Saturday.  He wanted Friday because our volleyball team plays in the state tournament Thursday and if they win, the state championship game would be Saturday, which means some of our fans couldn't make both.  Hope that helps clearify the stadium decession.  I do wanna say, I have the up-most respect for your team and even more so, the fans and the support yall show your team.  Looking forward to the game and to hearing back from some of yall.  My prediction 27-24 Brenham by a field goal.

Thanks for that info Brenham fan,helps me figure that 17-4A teams were all weak defensive teams.Now you start getting those great defensive teams lining up to take your wheels away.And talk about quick you will see soon enough.PNG by 10 and being conservative.

Thank you Brenham fan!  Very good post, nice to have you contributing to the discussion!  I think this will be a very good game, with the winner having a real shot at playing for the State Championship!  I think it will be a close game, but gotta go with my NDN's by a TD!  Good luck to both teams, and let's pray the rain stays away!

Hey Brenham Fan tell #81 he needs to find a way to get in touch with #44 Hale from Beaumont Central over the summer. Those two should make some noise at Utah. Hope to see a good hard injury free game and no rain so ya'll can see that new "Blue Bell" flavor, "Purple Passion". Good luck and can't wait to watch #81 and that mammoth NT play, I love watching great athletes and I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing ours, we have a couple as well but here just average ;D!

Fair warning...#81, Reese is really good, but keep an eye out fair #9, Edwards...3 or 4 teams decided to double and triple team Reese this year and and Edwards had a field day.  Guess they forgot theres another D1 recruit at the other wideout.  To help the guy with the scouting report out, #20 Green is a "good sophomore but he has under 500 yards" like you were saying, but its due to a balanced offense, we use three backs and he was out with an ankle injury for 2 games this year.

Hey BrenhamFan--thanks for the information and the scouting report. Brenham has always had quality programs in all of their boys/girls sports teams. We look forward to the matchup with you this friday at Aldine. Travel safely and I hope you enjoy meeting some PN-G fans and making new friends. :)

Thanks for the welcome hammer.  NDN79, whoever wins this great match up...I hope they beat Angleton.  I'm so tired of hearing about how great they are.  I don't think we match up well with them, at least not as well as we do with other quality teams...Hopefully one of us can take them down and represent region 3 well.  Whoever wins the region should get through the semis and my guess is they will play Denison, Ryan or Guyer in the championship.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="711757" timestamp="1258594640"]
Thanks for the welcome hammer.  NDN79, whoever wins this great match up...I hope they beat Angleton.  I'm so tired of hearing about how great they are.  I don't think we match up well with them, at least not as well as we do with other quality teams...Hopefully one of us can take them down and represent region 3 well.  Whoever wins the region should get through the semis and my guess is they will play Denison, Ryan or Guyer in the championship.
[/quote]
now that you are on here is there any video footage of brenham this year? and from an INDIAN welcome  to setx sports board :) :)

KBTX from college station is the only news that covers Brenham, so anything you can find is prolly gonna be there.  That's all I can think of.  It's funny, it's like were too far from Houston to cover, until we have a team like we did in '02 when we played in the championship game, or 05' when we made the semis.  When that happens the chronicle is quick to claim us as, "Houston area"...funny how that works.

[quote name="rollinac" post="711773" timestamp="1258596449"]
Yea it is amazing....Dayton never gets any coverage either until later rounds of the playoffs and then we're a "Houston" area team as well.  If they'd get out of Houston sometime they'd realize that Yates aint beating anybody outside HISD.
[/quote]

You got that right, if yates can get past El Campo, which is iffy, and yall handle Waller, Dayton has a chance to hammer them all the way back to houston.

Lmao...ya Yates has a cupcake schedule most of the time.  El Campo is decent this year.  Waller won't be a problem as long as teams don't underestimate them like we did.  Ya they lost to Nederland and La Marque 19-0, but they're playing alot better.  I was at the Waller vs La Marque game and they looked horrible, but remember they have won 5 in a row.  If you can keep Miller Pierce (Waller QB from running then the games over.  He scored both td's against us and had an interception he returned 65 yards to set up a field goal.  He was 0-10 passing on us though.  He is their team.  I wanna see Dayton vs Yates...hope that happens.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="711807" timestamp="1258599512"]
Lmao...ya Yates has a cupcake schedule most of the time.  El Campo is decent this year.  Waller won't be a problem as long as teams don't underestimate them like we did.  Ya they lost to Nederland and La Marque 19-0, but they're playing alot better.  I was at the Waller vs La Marque game and they looked horrible, but remember they have won 5 in a row.  If you can keep Miller Pierce (Waller QB from running then the games over.  He scored both td's against us and had an interception he returned 65 yards to set up a field goal.  He was 0-10 passing on us though.  He is their team.  I wanna see Dayton vs Yates...hope that happens.
[/quote]

If Yates beats El Campo I'd be greatly surprised!!  When was the last HISD school to win their second round game (ie their first real game of the season)??  Someone could figure that out huh?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin