PNG vs Brenham

injun

[quote name="indianforever" post="709941" timestamp="1258402379"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62369.msg709913#msg709913 date=1258400519]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=62369.msg709911#msg709911 date=1258400440]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62369.msg709893#msg709893 date=1258399420]
Can't be their varsity....Schlottman (their QB) is left handed.
[/quote] ok i dunno ima delete it then
[/quote]

good effort.... I'm sure there something out there somewhere.  ;)
[/quote]
i have looked for footage for 2 days now and cant find anything. if anyone finds anything please post it ???
[/quote]
I can't find anything either.  Waller or Brenham.  There's a couple of ladies that work in my office who have kids at Waller High and I thought they'd give a little more but they are going to see if anyone taped the Waller/Brenham game. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="friogal" post="709857" timestamp="1258397763"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62369.msg709842#msg709842 date=1258397176]
[quote author=TexAgNDN link=topic=62369.msg709835#msg709835 date=1258396754]
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/mss01txag/PN-G.jpg[/img]

PN-G Crowd = PACKED HOUSE

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/mss01txag/BH.jpg[/img]

BH Crowd + Alot of Crosby Red = NOT SO PACKED
[/quote]

Wow! I was on the 50 yd line and looking both directions it looked full. I was sitting with a guy who played for Sterling years ago and he and I both thought it looked full. And I was drinking soda pop! ;D
[/quote]

I sat on the south end of the visitors side- had plenty of room to stretch out and choose whatever row I wanted.
PNG had more fans in attendance but they also had a much larger band that took up nearly an entire section of the home side from top to bottom- much larger than the BH band/ dancers, etc who were kind of scattered throughout the visitor's side. I would say PNG had around 1,500 more fans there than BH had when you account for the space PNG's band/ dancers took in the stands!
[/quote]

I'm in that band and I can promise you that we didn't take up an entire section. We did take up a section from the middle walkway to the top (and were fairly crowded), but we didn't have a [i]whole[/i] section to ourselves. There's only 160 of us. The Indianettes took up about half of the section below the middle walkway, and there's about 70 or 75 of them.

Stallworth Stadium has a capacity of 16,500 according to Texas Bob's site. That's 8,250 on each side. Take out the band and Indianettes, and you have more than 8,000 seats. The home side was packed, meaning more than 8,000 fans were in attendance that supported PN-G. Keep in mind that this crowd was almost purely made of PN-G fans - there were very few fans of other teams that attended and sat on the home side. Barber's Hill had about 5,000 supporters by my estimate (that includes the Eagle band and dancers), and not all of them were actually Eagle fans. I don't mean to be rude, but the Indians had you outnumbered, and we were only 20 miles from your hometown versus 70 from ours.

[quote name="indianforever" post="710176" timestamp="1258416506"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=62369.msg710172#msg710172 date=1258416340]
PNG - 40
Brenham - 24
[/quote]
i love that prediction do you have any facts to back that up?
[/quote]

I'm thinking none whatsoever. IMO, this should be one of the better matchups in round 2. Both teams are well coached and play w/ discipline(?) Should be a close one.
I got Brenham 24
PNG 20.
Best of luck to both.

Guest gladiator2
Friendswood Fan,

What is your definition of a hick? I would classify a hick as a person who wears wranglers,cowboy boots, and always has a lip full of skoal and most hick's can shoot a deer out their back door and guaranteed to be within walking distance of catching some kind of fish. 

[quote name="games24x7" post="710313" timestamp="1258426903"]
Friendswood Fan,

What is your definition of a hick? I would classify a hick as a person who wears wranglers,cowboy boots, and always has a lip full of skoal and most hick's can shoot a deer out their back door and guaranteed to be within walking distance of catching some kind of fish. 
[/quote]

When I grow up, I wanna be a hick.  ;D ;D ;D

What's up Eagle07? Man, the PNG fans on here are great. But, you are in for a rude awakening. This has been a very entertaining thread. You guys act like you are the only team in Texas that follows your football team. I doubt very seriously you will be sitting anywhere near the 50 yard line on the Cubs side. And as far as our football team goes, you will find out all about it on Friday night. This is going to be a great game, but you better come to play. Baddog stated incorrectly that the last time we played at Reliant a few years ago, PNG won. Wrong. Brenham won that game. And yes, Nederland beat Waller this year in the first game of the season, and Brenham just lost to Waller. Please take the Cubs lightly because of this fact!!! That will buy you a nice early exit from the playoffs. I promise you, you have not played a team with the speed and athletic ability this team is coming with. However, the Cubs are very young, starting four sophomores on defense and playing only six seniors on offense and defense combined. So who knows, maybe next year is our year. We'll see soon enough. I have always admired the passion that the PNG fans bring to the table, but you have gone overboard here. Accusing the Brenham coach of being intimidated by your crowd? Whatever? Accusing the Cub players of trash talking? OK? I think you can ask anyone about the class of Brenham's athletes, and not get an unfavorable comment from anyone. But that's okay. We'll see you Friday, bring your A game!!! You will need it.

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="710326" timestamp="1258427889"]
As of 9 o'clock, looks like about 20 people in line at the png admin building.  I'll be there at 7a.
[/quote]

More then that right now. They have a fire going and everyone is bundled up. It's cold out there. The police department is letting them use the restrooms, and giving them coffee. What a great community! Is it Friday yet?

[quote name="cubfan12" post="710482" timestamp="1258439253"]
What's up Eagle07? Man, the PNG fans on here are great. But, you are in for a rude awakening. This has been a very entertaining thread. You guys act like you are the only team in Texas that follows your football team. I doubt very seriously you will be sitting anywhere near the 50 yard line on the Cubs side. And as far as our football team goes, you will find out all about it on Friday night. This is going to be a great game, but you better come to play. Baddog stated incorrectly that the last time we played at Reliant a few years ago, PNG won. Wrong. Brenham won that game. And yes, Nederland beat Waller this year in the first game of the season, and Brenham just lost to Waller. Please take the Cubs lightly because of this fact!!! That will buy you a nice early exit from the playoffs. I promise you, you have not played a team with the speed and athletic ability this team is coming with. However, the Cubs are very young, starting four sophomores on defense and playing only six seniors on offense and defense combined. So who knows, maybe next year is our year. We'll see soon enough. I have always admired the passion that the PNG fans bring to the table, but you have gone overboard here. Accusing the Brenham coach of being intimidated by your crowd? Whatever? Accusing the Cub players of trash talking? OK? I think you can ask anyone about the class of Brenham's athletes, and not get an unfavorable comment from anyone. But that's okay. We'll see you Friday, bring your A game!!! You will need it.
[/quote]

PNG has played several teams with speed and athletic ability, you are the one who will be in for an awakening if you think it be like last week with a 2 and 8 team. Strap it on

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="709468" timestamp="1258345160"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=62369.msg709465#msg709465 date=1258344447]
So I guess someone such as myself who graduated from Stanford is a stupid hick ? I guess I must have lost all my education once I drove into Jefferson County. Dangit, I should have moved over yonder in Friendswood. I think I may have been able to use my education only if I lived there.
[/quote]

Your [b]splitting of your infinitive [/b] suggests that you are lying about the whole Standford thing.  However, even if you are not lying, the simple answer to your question is obviously "yes."  But, then, you already knew that -- which is why you asked. 
[/quote]

HUH???  what the hedoublel duz dat meen?? Im jus a dum azz hikk frum nederland wit nun uf dem dar kolege deeee-grees...can u splain dat too me??  cuz mabe sumday i wil wanna spit errr  split 1 uf dem der in-fi-ni-tives.

thanx  ;D

[/quote]

It was a Nederland guy talking about their game with Brenham. Welcome aboard! If the Cubs are young then the future is bright, no matter what happens this year.

[/quote]speed huh ? OK So I guess Soulja will be on here real soon correcting you on that one. Central is probably one of the faster teams in the state. These boys have rockets attached to them. We won in OT. Do not ! and I repeat ! DO NOT underestimate our Defense ! The rude awakening will be  your boys wondering what hit them. PNG goes up big early, shuts down your O and never lets up !  Don't say we haven't played a team with speed. Central, Ozen, Texas City, Crosby. Those are all teams with alot of speed. Who won ? WE DID ! Secondly, Waller ? YOU LOST and NEDERLAND WON ! Also it looks like you have an extremely weak district this year. I'm sure our JV would have won that District this year.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="710504" timestamp="1258457278"]
[quote author=cubfan12 link=topic=62369.msg710482#msg710482 date=1258439253]
[/quote]speed huh ? OK So I guess Soulja will be on here real soon correcting you on that one. Central is probably one of the faster teams in the state. These boys have rockets attached to them. We won in OT. Do not ! and I repeat ! DO NOT underestimate our Defense ! The rude awakening will be  your boys wondering what hit them. PNG goes up big early, shuts down your O and never lets up !  Don't say we haven't played a team with speed. Central, Ozen, Texas City, Crosby. Those are all teams with alot of speed. Who won ? WE DID ! Secondly, Waller ? YOU LOST and NEDERLAND WON ! Also it looks like you have an extremely weak district this year. I'm sure our JV would have won that District this year.
[/quote]

Brenham had real speed last year, it didn't help much.  ;D

Here is a scouting report I was told the other night by someone who has watched 3 Brenham games this year.....

[u]Offense[/u]

QB is very accurate. He does not make many mistakes and can run. He is not as good a runner as we have seen in Merka and Viverette, but he is not scared to tuck it in run when their is no one open. His only weakness is he tends to lock onto #81 and rarely looks elsewhere unless the play is designed to go away from #81. #81 is their best player. He is fast with good hands. He lines up at TE and WR. They will try to tun the ball more than they throw and have a sophomore at RB. He is good but will not be the best we have seen. He is under 500 yards rushing on the year but has a good average. They have a big line, no other details were mentioned.

[u]Defense[/u]

Good size up front but they can be ran on. #81 once again is their playmaker on defense. It is best to throw away from him. Nothing outstanding about the defense. Good team speed and can get to the ball but they do not always make the tackle.

[u]Conclusion[/u]

Think Central game. If we limit mistakes we have a good chance of winning. We make mistakes and we will be in a dogfight to try and win. Brenham does not turn the ball over very often and we can't have drives stall due to mistakes and penalties.

To the Brenham poster. I am pretty confident that no PN-G has said that Brenham was mouthy, that came from somewhere else. Also, your own town paper sports editor is the one who said Brenham travels poorly fan wise. He claimed 1,000 to 1,500 fans could be expected from the Brenham side. I really could care less. This game is about which team executes, not how many fans show up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder