PNG vs Brenham

injun

My lack of knowledge about PNG?  LOL!

I guess I would sound more intelligent if I predicted them to win state, and say that everyone of their wins was against great teams.  I don't know how to say this any more clear, I hope that PNG wins.  I like PNG!  PNG, this year has exceeded everyone's expectations, and PNG is a very good team.

With that said, I don't think they are the #5 team in the state.  Sorry, I have a different opinion.  11-0 speaks for itself, but the only team they have beaten worth mentioning is Central.  Thats not their fault, they have taken care of business week in, week out.  Thats what good teams do.  I think that Brenham will be the best team they have played, and their toughest match up to date. 

Hopefully the NDN's will win, I'm just not predicting it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ndn78" post="708134" timestamp="1258243421"]
If it is true that the Brenham Coach would not allow a larger stadium his email address is on Brenham ISD website. A few nice thank you's may be in order, but let's wait until the facts are known. It would be sad to think a coach would stoop so low as to not allow another team to accommodate it's fans in a comfortable manor!
[/quote]

Wait just a minute!  Since when is it ANY head coach's responsibility to accommodate the opposing team's fans?!?!?!?

Unless they have changed the rules, these sites are decided one of two ways:  1. mutually agreed upon location or 2. a coin flip.  Based upon that, either PN-G's coach agreed to the Aldine stadium or he lost a coin flip.  If #1 is what happened, then you should be e-mailing your own coach.  If it was #2, more power to the Brenham coach.  He is obligated to look after his team (and fans) not the opponent.  That's the way it's been done in the 40+ years I've been watching Texas high school football.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707567" timestamp="1258220633"]
No, not a PNG hater.  I like PNG, and I love the tradition!  I just think the jury is still out on them.  If you want to get down to it, I think they have only beaten 1 quality team, Central. 

11-0 is a great accomplishment, but I just think that Brenham will be too much for them too handle.  I hope I am wrong. 

Sorry I don't see things through purple and white glasses.  Like I said, not a hater, just not a full fledged believer, just yet.
[/quote]And your point? Are we supposed to care what you believe?

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707921" timestamp="1258234629"]
If Brenham reads this board, and is as convinced as some of these PNG fans are that they are unbeatable, Brenham probably won't show up.

Like I said, I like PNG, but some of the PNG fans on here are mental midgets, and pretty elementary when it comes to football.  Football is a game of matchups, and if you think that because Brenahm lost to Waller, Brenham has no chance against a team that has beat one quality opponent in OT, then give me some of what you are drinking.

Brenham will be a lot like the Central team that gave PNG all it wanted and more.  They will be bigger, faster, and much more athletic than PNG.  That don't mean they will win, but it will mean that PNG will have its hands full, and will have to probably play their best game of the year to win. 

I hope they do win, I like to follow them through the playoffs, but I think the NDN season will end in Aldine.
[/quote]

I never said that. You implied PN-G stood no chance. I simply pointed out that they were beatable and have not been world beaters this year.

Just for the record, BF did not win the toss and this venue is not his choice.  We've had others try games like these (limiting fan attendance) and they all ended up paying for it.  Our fans will show up and show up in droves.  Make our fans and players mad and you may not score even one point.  We are way overdue a shut out!

TXKBear in my 40 years of watching high school football I know the rules also. I guarantee our coach would not agree to a stadium that would limit our fans or the opponets fans from bringing all they wanted.

You are right a coach has no obligation to give the opponent a so called advantage. You would think in this day and age of "it's all about me" a little sportsmanship and class would go a long way.

Rules are rules and if those such as you feel it's okay to limit the chance for the families and friends of the players, band/drill team/ cheerleaders to enjoy the possible once in a life time moment so be it.

It's a known fact the PNG and other teams travel with large crowds therefore you are taking away $$$ from the areas in which the games are held. If a coaches idea of getting a competitive advantage is limiting the fan base of the opposition then I feel sorry for him.

Just looked at some pics of Aldine's staduim, there isn't a track.  So while Brenham's coach may be limiting our fan base, we are gonna be real close to the field.  I'm sure y'all know where I'm going with this: we're gonna be even louder.  Also, with the seats on the grass in the endzone it is gonna be loud and PACKED.  A bigger stadium would be nice, but I would like to see Brenham try to score with our fans jumping and screaming at them from the endzone they are trying to score in.

[quote name="Indians07" post="708319" timestamp="1258251853"]
Just looked at some pics of Aldine's staduim, there isn't a track.  So while Brenham's coach may be limiting our fan base, we are gonna be real close to the field.  I'm sure y'all know where I'm going with this: we're gonna be even louder.  Also, with the seats on the grass in the endzone it is gonna be loud and PACKED.  A bigger stadium would be nice, but I would like to see Brenham try to score with our fans jumping and screaming at them from the endzone they are trying to score in.
[/quote]We'll be there and I'll be screaming! I'll use my "teacher's voice" and I guarantee you they'll here me across the field. lol

Guys, let's not keep picking on BoboandBlair. He likes PN-G, he just has a different opinion about our skill level. He's not sitting here insulting the PN-G football team and community like so many others have. He's just stating his opinion, much like many of us have done.

On the subject of our next playoff game's location, while I don't think Brenham's coach's decision was the most classy one, he won the toss and he has the right to pick whatever site he prefers. Our job now is to make sure that the game is sold out, the stands are "standing-room-only," and that he knows that he picked the wrong school to mess with come Saturday morning.

I've yet to see Brenham but my guess is they're going to have a similar team to the one they had last year.  I've seen PNG play the last two weeks and here is why I think PNG will win....

PNG is an EXTREMELY well coached and disciplined team that makes very few mistakes.  The schemes are fresh and creative and the players are put in position to play to their strengths (example - fade route to #19 against Central CB who was at least 6 inches shorter).  As I've heard a few of the PNG posters say....PNG will wear you down and take control in the 4th quarter.  I agree with this assessment and I think the same thing will happen this Friday.  #18 makes good decisions, has good timing, and is right on the money with his throws.  Receivers run good routes and catch the ball really well.  #7 Running back is shifty, has good vision, runs hard, and is easy to lose track of behind the massive offensive line.  The offensive line pass blocks pretty well but run blocks extremely well.  The defense is extremely solid and [b]plays[/b] fast.  The front seven is solid against the run and the secondary is opportunistic.  They mix up the schemes well in moving from zone to man coverage and get a really effective outside pass rush especially on passing downs.  I give PNG the advantage in all these areas...

Brenham's only advantage based on last year is they will have 1 or 2 true gamebreakers on offense or special teams that can change the game.  PNG's only real weakness or shortcoming that I've seen is no homerun threat. 

This is an outsider's observation as to why I and in my opinion you should disagree with BoboandBlair.  Yes they're going to be faster at the skill positions but you will be more skilled and you're >= as good in the trenches.  If Brenham is better than last year and is even with you in the trenches then I give you the victory because of the edge in coaching.  Brenham will be hard hard pressed to beat you!

[quote name="rollinac" post="708642" timestamp="1258271698"]
I've yet to see Brenham but my guess is they're going to have a similar team to the one they had last year.  I've seen PNG play the last two weeks and here is why I think PNG will win....

PNG is an EXTREMELY well coached and disciplined team that makes very few mistakes.  The schemes are fresh and creative and the players are put in position to play to their strengths (example - fade route to #19 against Central CB who was at least 6 inches shorter).  As I've heard a few of the PNG posters say....PNG will wear you down and take control in the 4th quarter.  I agree with this assessment and I think the same thing will happen this Friday.  #18 makes good decisions, has good timing, and is right on the money with his throws.  Receivers run good routes and catch the ball really well.  #7 Running back is shifty, has good vision, runs hard, and is easy to lose track of behind the massive offensive line.  The offensive line pass blocks pretty well but run blocks extremely well.  The defense is extremely solid and [b]plays[/b] fast.  The front seven is solid against the run and the secondary is opportunistic.  They mix up the schemes well in moving from zone to man coverage and get a really effective outside pass rush especially on passing downs.  I give PNG the advantage in all these areas...

Brenham's only advantage based on last year is they will have 1 or 2 true gamebreakers on offense or special teams that can change the game.  PNG's only real weakness or shortcoming that I've seen is no homerun threat. 

This is an outsider's observation as to why I and in my opinion you should disagree with BoboandBlair.  Yes they're going to be faster at the skill positions but you will be more skilled and you're >= as good in the trenches.  If Brenham is better than last year and is even with you in the trenches then I give you the victory because of the edge in coaching.  Brenham will be hard hard pressed to beat you!
[/quote]

I can find no fault in your analysis. After a few more years in the system, we will have players who have been in the new system for a while and then we will see more of those home run threats emerge.

Brenham is some huge German boys and they're full of ice cream. ;D They are in the mix every year in just about every sport. I know this isn't the same Brenham team, but we beat them @ Reliant two years ago when no one gave us a chance.

I think PNG has a very good shot at winning this game. It will have to be mistake free football, but I think they can do it.

Take it to them....our friends across the tracks!

[quote name="baddog" post="708724" timestamp="1258295785"]
Brenham is some huge German boys and they're full of ice cream. ;D They are in the mix every year in just about every sport. I know this isn't the same Brenham team, but we beat them @ Reliant two years ago when no one gave us a chance.

I think PNG has a very good shot at winning this game. It will have to be mistake free football, but I think they can do it.

Take it to them....our friends across the tracks!
[/quote]

I agree, and I think, as with ALL teams, its those little "nagging" mistakes & penalties that add up and come back to haunt you.  PNG will be ready and will come away with the "W".

From what I have heard, Faircloth elected to play at Stallworth again....Brenham's coach picked a stadium that held 5000 to counter it.  So, if Faircloth would have flipped and lost we would have ended up in a much smaller stadium.  Therefore, he had to give in to Aldine to avoid a loss on the coin toss.

My point is, that there are four teams going to the playoffs now....why?  Not because they believe all four teams deserve to go to the playoffs.  It is to generate revenue.  What is the point of four teams going when you are limiting seats to the premiere playoff team in the state.  Doesnt make sense, and I wish the UIL would step in with a ruling in the future that can accommodate a fan base.

With that said, feel free to email Brenhams coach.

[quote name="rollinac" post="708642" timestamp="1258271698"]
I've yet to see Brenham but my guess is they're going to have a similar team to the one they had last year.  I've seen PNG play the last two weeks and here is why I think PNG will win....

PNG is an EXTREMELY well coached and disciplined team that makes very few mistakes.  The schemes are fresh and creative and the players are put in position to play to their strengths (example - fade route to #19 against Central CB who was at least 6 inches shorter).  As I've heard a few of the PNG posters say....PNG will wear you down and take control in the 4th quarter.  I agree with this assessment and I think the same thing will happen this Friday.  #18 makes good decisions, has good timing, and is right on the money with his throws.  Receivers run good routes and catch the ball really well.  #7 Running back is shifty, has good vision, runs hard, and is easy to lose track of behind the massive offensive line.  The offensive line pass blocks pretty well but run blocks extremely well.  The defense is extremely solid and [b]plays[/b] fast.  The front seven is solid against the run and the secondary is opportunistic.  They mix up the schemes well in moving from zone to man coverage and get a really effective outside pass rush especially on passing downs.  I give PNG the advantage in all these areas...

Brenham's only advantage based on last year is they will have 1 or 2 true gamebreakers on offense or special teams that can change the game.  PNG's only real weakness or shortcoming that I've seen is no homerun threat.  

This is an outsider's observation as to why I and in my opinion you should disagree with BoboandBlair.  Yes they're going to be faster at the skill positions but you will be more skilled and you're >= as good in the trenches.  If Brenham is better than last year and is even with you in the trenches then I give you the victory because of the edge in coaching.  Brenham will be hard hard pressed to beat you!
[/quote]

This is a very analytical approach, and if what you say about Brenham is true (I really can't say, I haven't seen or heard much about them), then I agree with your prediction. In my opinion, your analysis of our team's performance is right on the money. I'm very impressed with what our team has accomplished this year and am pleased to see a team, not a group working behind a few star players as it has been in the past. Coach Faircloth has built a team and a playbook around that team, not a team around a playbook (which, in my opinion, was a big problem last year).

My only point about BoboandBlair is that he was just making a prediction, not insulting the Indians as some others have done and as some were perceiving him to be doing.

[quote name="rollinac" post="708978" timestamp="1258319830"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=62369.msg708971#msg708971 date=1258319237]
are there any brenham fans out there to discuss the matchup with ???
[/quote]

I don't remember very many from last year that made it on here....
[/quote]
do they have a discussion board that area gets on ???

[quote name="indianforever" post="708989" timestamp="1258320769"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62369.msg708978#msg708978 date=1258319830]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=62369.msg708971#msg708971 date=1258319237]
are there any brenham fans out there to discuss the matchup with ???
[/quote]

I don't remember very many from last year that made it on here....
[/quote]
do they have a discussion board that area gets on ???
[/quote]

IDK....I work with two ladies from Waller so I'll get info on both Waller and Brenham and post it on here Monday.  I'm guessing they must because I do remember a few clowns from Elgin making there way on here for the second round game.  Maybe dig up the Dayton vs. Brenham fourth round game from LY and see if there's anything ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012