PNG vs Brenham

injun

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If stop Brenham's passing you shut them down. They don't have much of a running game. Their defense is stout as they were only giving up 172 yards a game in district. They got beat by Waller which had a losing record in the last regular season game. I think it will be a tough game, but PNG will pull out another close one, 21-14

I think this will be PNG's best test of the year (right up there with Central).  Brenham always has the athletes and the speed, but in years past they have made it a habit of losing to teams they, on paper, should be better than.  IMO, PNG will definetly have the x's and o's advantage with the coaching staffs, but I think this is the week PNG goes down.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think PNG is the worst 11-0 team in the state, if there is such a thing.

The PN-G that squeeked out with a win against Barbers Hill last night is better than the Brenham team that got crushed by Dayton last year.
Brenham's schedule doesn't look that impressive, especially losing to Waller.
PN-G better come away with points when they get inside the 20.
Barbers Hill did a great job of stopping PN-G with no points last night on a few of the drives.

Not giving too much away in my next weeks predictions, but....
PN-G should advance to round 3.

PNG has to play alot better football against Brenham that we played last night. Our O just couldn't get the final cylinder firing properly. Nerves got the best of em in the first half. I do have to say that BH came to play and they played a very good game. Congrats to BH on a good season.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707329" timestamp="1258203562"]
I think this will be PNG's best test of the year (right up there with Central).  Brenham always has the athletes and the speed, but in years past they have made it a habit of losing to teams they, on paper, should be better than.  IMO, PNG will definetly have the x's and o's advantage with the coaching staffs, but I think this is the week PNG goes down.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think PNG is the worst 11-0 team in the state, if there is such a thing.
[/quote]

Well aren't you just a little ray of Golden Triangle SUNSHINE.  I'm thinking that being at the bottom of the 11 - 0 teams is way ahead of a bunch of 10 - 1 (and worse) teams.  The success of this season is the District Championship and being undefeated for the regular season.  Compare that to last year's record.  AND, I'm pretty certain that the Coaches and the team DO NOT feel the way you do about this next game or their lowly 11 - 0 record.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="707344" timestamp="1258206997"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=62369.msg707329#msg707329 date=1258203562]

[/quote]

Well aren't you just a little ray of Golden Triangle SUNSHINE.  I'm thinking that being at the bottom of the 11 - 0 teams is way ahead of a bunch of 10 - 1 (and worse) teams.  The success of this season is the District Championship and being undefeated for the regular season.  Compare that to last year's record.  AND, I'm pretty certain that the Coaches and the team DO NOT feel the way you do about this next game or their lowly 11 - 0 record.
[/quote]
As usual, probably another PNG hater. We could go 16-0 and still have the threads filled with haters. 11-0 is something to be proud of. I am very proud of the team and the coaches. Even if they loose, I would still be proud of the team and coaches for what they have achieved this year as compared to last year. Major turnaround. I wonder if its just PNG hating or just flat out envy ? If you can't be happy for the team, coaches and community then just keep your mouth shut. Or better yet just enjoy what you are watching and put on your purple and join us for some great football and fun ! I for one plan on trying to go to 2 games of teams from our area. I may not like them as much, but I am going to cheer for them. It's not so much about just your team as it is a total complete community and area ! (Golden Triangle) So lay down your hate and jump on the Golden Triangle band wagon and cheer on all of our teams !!!

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707329" timestamp="1258203562"]

[/quote]

there are only 3 of us.

No, not a PNG hater.  I like PNG, and I love the tradition!  I just think the jury is still out on them.  If you want to get down to it, I think they have only beaten 1 quality team, Central. 

11-0 is a great accomplishment, but I just think that Brenham will be too much for them too handle.  I hope I am wrong. 

Sorry I don't see things through purple and white glasses.  Like I said, not a hater, just not a full fledged believer, just yet.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707567" timestamp="1258220633"]
No, not a PNG hater.  I like PNG, and I love the tradition!  I just think the jury is still out on them.  If you want to get down to it, I think they have only beaten 1 quality team, Central. 

11-0 is a great accomplishment, but I just think that Brenham will be too much for them too handle.  I hope I am wrong. 

Sorry I don't see things through purple and white glasses.  Like I said, not a hater, just not a full fledged believer, just yet.
[/quote]

And Brenham losing to a 3 win Waller team that Nederland beat tells you what?

[quote name="akifan94" post="707574" timestamp="1258221064"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=62369.msg707567#msg707567 date=1258220633]

[/quote]

And Brenham losing to a 3 win Waller team that Nederland beat tells you what?
[/quote]
i dont care what anybody says you are stupid if you dont notice that brenham has not beat a quality team and has also lost to a bad waller team. go back and look at brenhams schedule and then tell me PN-G cant beat them ;) ;)

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707567" timestamp="1258220633"]

[/quote]
Hater for sure

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123