PNG vs Brenham

injun

Dont know if any of you listen to the Duke on ESPN radio.  If you do, then you will know what I am talking about.  I want to throw the Brenham coach under the bus for wanting to play at Aldine.  Unreal....how scared of a crowd can you be.  They put four teams outta of the districts in the playoffs....why????  to make money, and this scared man doesnt want the districts to make money.  All respect for this coach is LOST.  I know the full story behind all this, and yes, he is very scared of the sea of purple.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="707660" timestamp="1258225917"]
Dont know if any of you listen to the Duke on ESPN radio.  If you do, then you will know what I am talking about.  I want to throw the Brenham coach under the bus for wanting to play at Aldine.  Unreal....how scared of a crowd can you be.  They put four teams outta of the districts in the playoffs....why????  to make money, and this scared man doesnt want the districts to make money.  All respect for this coach is LOST.  I know the full story behind all this, and yes, [b]he is very scared of the sea of purple.[/b][/quote]

maybe he wants to take that edge away..... but scared?? ::)

[quote name="png indians #23" post="707727" timestamp="1258229325"]
it only holds like 10,000 peoplle total!!!

that is terrible
[/quote]What difference do that make.  The big game vs. Central holds 10,000 people.  That more  than half the teams' stadiums in this district hold.  Just be happy to play in the second round and come away with the win.  Yall trippin over nothing...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="707736" timestamp="1258229564"]
[quote author=png indians #23 link=topic=62369.msg707727#msg707727 date=1258229325]

that is terrible
[/quote]What difference do that make.  The big game vs. Central holds 10,000 people.  That more  than half the teams' stadiums in this district hold.  Just be happy to play in the second round and come away with the win.  Yall trippin over nothing...
[/quote]

"trippin" over many fans possibly not getting to attend. Look at this:

[img]http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/jdrpng/DSCF8357.jpg[/img]

thats 8500+ PNG fans last night for a first round game.

5000 seats minus the band and drill team and your talking 4500 available seats for the game. Not to mention the 2nd round game could possibly be the best 4A playoff matchup in the state next week. PNG also has a history of crowds getting larger and larger the deeper they get into the playoffs. Maybe this is why some folks are trippin about having to play at a 10000 seat stadium for a playoff game.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="707786" timestamp="1258231302"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62369.msg707736#msg707736 date=1258229564]
[quote author=png indians #23 link=topic=62369.msg707727#msg707727 date=1258229325]

that is terrible
[/quote]What difference do that make.  The big game vs. Central holds 10,000 people.  That more  than half the teams' stadiums in this district hold.  Just be happy to play in the second round and come away with the win.  Yall trippin over nothing...
[/quote]

5000 seats minus the band and drill team and your talking 4500 available seats for the game. Not to mention the 2nd round game could possibly be the best 4A playoff matchup in the state next week. PNG also has a history of crowds getting larger and larger the deeper they get into the playoffs. Maybe this is why some folks are "trippin' about having to play at a 10000 seat stadium for a playoff game.
[/quote] Is Reliant stadium available for high school playoffs. The 5a state championship games will be played there.

[quote name="meanjoe" post="707801" timestamp="1258231705"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=62369.msg707786#msg707786 date=1258231302]

that is terrible
[/quote]

5000 seats minus the band and drill team and your talking 4500 available seats for the game. Not to mention the 2nd round game could possibly be the best 4A playoff matchup in the state next week. PNG also has a history of crowds getting larger and larger the deeper they get into the playoffs. Maybe this is why some folks are "trippin' about having to play at a 10000 seat stadium for a playoff game.
[/quote] Is Reliant stadium available for high school playoffs. The 5a state championship games will be played there.
[/quote]

Im no expert on playoff locations but Im sure it all depends on the Texans home schedule and the surface being natural grass. Im sure they wouldnt allow games on Friday and Saturday during the playoffs if the Texans are playing at home on Sunday.

I [u]REALLY[/u] miss the Astrodome this time of year. The days of watching double and triple headers in climate controlled conditions are over and its sad.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="707786" timestamp="1258231302"]

that is terrible
[/quote]

5000 seats minus the band and drill team and your talking 4500 available seats for the game. Not to mention the 2nd round game could possibly be the best 4A playoff matchup in the state next week. PNG also has a history of crowds getting larger and larger the deeper they get into the playoffs. Maybe this is why some folks are trippin about having to play at a 10000 seat stadium for a playoff game.
[/quote]Gotcha!  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="707831" timestamp="1258232242"]

that is terrible
[/quote]

[/quote]Gotcha!  ;)
[/quote]

its all good soldier they'll make due. My buddy just told me Aldine ISD said to sell as many tix as needed. They're going to open up the hill section of the stadium allowing many more folks to pile in.

So saying that PNG folks wanting actual seats need to get there early. ;)

If Brenham reads this board, and is as convinced as some of these PNG fans are that they are unbeatable, Brenham probably won't show up.

Like I said, I like PNG, but some of the PNG fans on here are mental midgets, and pretty elementary when it comes to football.  Football is a game of matchups, and if you think that because Brenahm lost to Waller, Brenham has no chance against a team that has beat one quality opponent in OT, then give me some of what you are drinking.

Brenham will be a lot like the Central team that gave PNG all it wanted and more.  They will be bigger, faster, and much more athletic than PNG.  That don't mean they will win, but it will mean that PNG will have its hands full, and will have to probably play their best game of the year to win. 

I hope they do win, I like to follow them through the playoffs, but I think the NDN season will end in Aldine.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707921" timestamp="1258234629"]
If Brenham reads this board, and is as convinced as some of these PNG fans are that they are unbeatable, Brenham probably won't show up.

Like I said, I like PNG, but some of the PNG fans on here are mental midgets, and pretty elementary when it comes to football.  Football is a game of matchups, and if you think that because Brenahm lost to Waller, Brenham has no chance against a team that has beat one quality opponent in OT, then give me some of what you are drinking.

Brenham will be a lot like the Central team that gave PNG all it wanted and more.  They will be bigger, faster, and much more athletic than PNG.  That don't mean they will win, but it will mean that PNG will have its hands full, and will have to probably play their best game of the year to win. 

I hope they do win, I like to follow them through the playoffs, but I think the NDN season will end in Aldine.
[/quote]

thanks for the support bobo.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="707810" timestamp="1258231889"]
[quote author=meanjoe link=topic=62369.msg707801#msg707801 date=1258231705]

that is terrible
[/quote]

[/quote]

Im no expert on playoff locations but Im sure it all depends on the Texans home schedule and the surface being natural grass. Im sure they wouldnt allow games on Friday and Saturday during the playoffs if the Texans are playing at home on Sunday.

I [u]REALLY[/u] miss the Astrodome this time of year. The days of watching double and triple headers in climate controlled conditions are over and its sad.

Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

I'd heard that the Houston Fire Marshall condemned it because of problems with the sprinkler system that Reliant (or whoever runs the complex) wasn't willing to fix. I don't know if that's true or not, though.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="707351" timestamp="1258207479"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=62369.msg707344#msg707344 date=1258206997]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=62369.msg707329#msg707329 date=1258203562]
I think this will be PNG's best test of the year (right up there with Central).  Brenham always has the athletes and the speed, but in years past they have made it a habit of losing to teams they, on paper, should be better than.  IMO, PNG will definetly have the x's and o's advantage with the coaching staffs, but I think this is the week PNG goes down.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think PNG is the worst 11-0 team in the state, if there is such a thing.
[/quote]

Well aren't you just a little ray of Golden Triangle SUNSHINE.  I'm thinking that being at the bottom of the 11 - 0 teams is way ahead of a bunch of 10 - 1 (and worse) teams.  The success of this season is the District Championship and being undefeated for the regular season.  Compare that to last year's record.  AND, I'm pretty certain that the Coaches and the team DO NOT feel the way you do about this next game or their lowly 11 - 0 record.
[/quote]
As usual, probably another PNG hater. We could go 16-0 and still have the threads filled with haters. 11-0 is something to be proud of. I am very proud of the team and the coaches. Even if they loose, I would still be proud of the team and coaches for what they have achieved this year as compared to last year. Major turnaround. I wonder if its just PNG hating or just flat out envy ? If you can't be happy for the team, coaches and community then just keep your mouth shut. Or better yet just enjoy what you are watching and put on your purple and join us for some great football and fun ! I for one plan on trying to go to 2 games of teams from our area. I may not like them as much, but I am going to cheer for them. It's not so much about just your team as it is a total complete community and area ! (Golden Triangle) So lay down your hate and jump on the Golden Triangle band wagon and cheer on all of our teams !!!
[/quote]

I wouldn't call him a PN-G hater (he did say he was hoping he'd be wrong), maybe just a little bit more conservative with his predictions than the rest of us. Brenham has been a consistently strong program over the last few years, versus PN-G which, believe it or not, is still a recovering team (IMO, even with that shiny 20-4A championship trophy and that great 11-0 record) and is still fighting problems with penalities and ball control (as was made apparent last night).

Even with that being said, I disagree with BoboandBlair's prediction and have the utmost confidence that the Indians will win a very good, possibly very close game.

[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62369.msg707447#msg707447 date=1258214028]
just suggested a purple pride flavor on bluebells website :-)
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="707921" timestamp="1258234629"]

[/quote]
Well I didn't know people could type while having a day dream  !!! I don't know you or were your from, but I appreciate your lack of knowledge about PNG. Its people like you that we love to prove wrong and let you know your wrong. So go on and talk your smack, but start using lots of chap stick because your gonna be licking em alot and saying UMMM UMMMM UMMMM !!! and I'm sure you will not have nothing good to say after PNG wins anyway. Hey here's a novel Idea, why don't you and your sheepall all go start a "We envy the NDN's " thread and stay on there.

If it is true that the Brenham Coach would not allow a larger stadium his email address is on Brenham ISD website. A few nice thank you's may be in order, but let's wait until the facts are known. It would be sad to think a coach would stoop so low as to not allow another team to accommodate it's fans in a comfortable manor!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123