PNG vs Brenham

injun

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="709699" timestamp="1258388682"]
Oh yeah PNG fans. Talking to a Angleton coach last week he was talking about if we were to play PNG we would be looking to play in Huntsville at Bowers Stadium.
[/quote]

Not big enough. We are not about to get hosed two weeks in a row. The more room the better, and that goes for everyone. I hope if that game happens we both have a bigger venue.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="709259" timestamp="1258334901"]
You PNG folks really make me laugh.  

First, I cannot believe any of you really think that picture one of you posted shows 8,500 people in it.  There are maybe half that many in the stands.

Second, I cannot believe any of you PNG fans really think that a Brenham football player is going to be intimidated by a bunch of hicks from PNG jumping up and down and screaming in the stands at Aldine stadium.  They will be laughing at you -- like the rest of us already are doing!

Third, its time to see if PNG can play with a real team like Brenham.  This isn't a GT team you're playing now folks.  I predict this one will be over by the time the 3rd quarter ends, and that Brenham wins by 20 or more.  The only shame is that you PNG folks won't get a chance to have Angleton crush your dreams -- which is what will happen to Brenham the following week.
[/quote]

The Baytown sun reported 13,500 in attendance. It looked to me that both sides were equally full with fans. 6500-6750 maybe for each side.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="709789" timestamp="1258394402"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62369.msg709259#msg709259 date=1258334901]

First, I cannot believe any of you really think that picture one of you posted shows 8,500 people in it.  There are maybe half that many in the stands.

Second, I cannot believe any of you PNG fans really think that a Brenham football player is going to be intimidated by a bunch of hicks from PNG jumping up and down and screaming in the stands at Aldine stadium.  They will be laughing at you -- like the rest of us already are doing!

Third, its time to see if PNG can play with a real team like Brenham.  This isn't a GT team you're playing now folks.  I predict this one will be over by the time the 3rd quarter ends, and that Brenham wins by 20 or more.  The only shame is that you PNG folks won't get a chance to have Angleton crush your dreams -- which is what will happen to Brenham the following week.
[/quote]

The Baytown sun reported 13,500 in attendance. It looked to me that both sides were equally full with fans. 6500-6750 maybe for each side.
[/quote]

What game were you at?  PN-G's side was packed, the BH side was a little more than half full. 

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="709789" timestamp="1258394402"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62369.msg709259#msg709259 date=1258334901]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Edit......I did not see the post above.

It was more like 8500 on PN-G side and 5000 on Barbers Hill side and that is being generous.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="709792" timestamp="1258394589"]
There is also Robertson Stadium. I want PNG to win this one. Cuz no matter where PNG-Angleton play. There would be a Sea of Purple. And I can bet there will be 20k plus. I just hope this game happens. Good Luck PNG
[/quote]

I want this game, PNG v. Angleton, to happen as well.  I know that Brenham is a formidable opponent so no looking ahead here.  But Angleton has been hyped all year, and PNG seems to have been on the back-burner for much of the season.  Now, PNG is getting some recognition and if we come away with wins the next 2 weeks, we might get the respect state-wide that us NDNs feel that we deserve.

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="709809" timestamp="1258395551"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62369.msg709789#msg709789 date=1258394402]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What game were you at?  PN-G's side was packed, the BH side was a little more than half full. 
[/quote]

Your side did look full, just scanning the crowd from the BH side it looked as full to me. I did not see the BH side from the PNG side to get a better comparison.

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="709835" timestamp="1258396754"]
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/mss01txag/PN-G.jpg[/img]

PN-G Crowd = PACKED HOUSE

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/mss01txag/BH.jpg[/img]

BH Crowd + Alot of Crosby Red = NOT SO PACKED
[/quote]

Wow! I was on the 50 yd line and looking both directions it looked full. I was sitting with a guy who played for Sterling years ago and he and I both thought it looked full. And I was drinking soda pop! ;D

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="709835" timestamp="1258396754"]

[/quote]

and Dayton purple  8) that was mistaken for PNG purple  ::)

That had to be real early.  The Crosby football team was sitting in the lower section on the 20 yard line non-scoreboard side.  That entire section was packed and they got there before the game started.  There's no one there in that picture.  What's the point anyway???  Everyone knows PNG brings a bunch of people???

[quote name="akifan94" post="709813" timestamp="1258395852"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62369.msg709789#msg709789 date=1258394402]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Edit......I did not see the post above.

It was more like 8500 on PN-G side and 5000 on Barbers Hill side and that is being generous.
[/quote]Well I was at that game and I have to say It looked to me like there were alot more on the PNG side then BH.I was on the BH side of course.But thats the way I saw it.But 8500 I think that # just a bit to high..

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="709685" timestamp="1258388148"]
Hey guys I'm from Angleton. I'm not here to start any bad tension I'm here to talk football like this forum is meant for. But Angleton is really looking forward to next weeks game between this winner. I know they have to get by Jones first but I honestly don't think any inner city houston school is gonna win this week. The only team that has a chance is Yates but they're playing a really good el campo team. The only thing with Angleton right now is they're sufferring a few injuries one by the star QB and they're biggest linemen in weight. So that's why I'm hoping if they can get out to a big 1st qrt lead. They can sit these 2 to get ready for next week. But last year Angleton faced Jeff Davis (another inner city houston team) and they were 9-1. And angleton had a 41-7 lead at half time. The competition that the inner city schools isn't very good. But like I said I'm hear to talk football and answer anything y'all wanna know.
[/quote]What do you know of Brenham ? I've looked all over the place for game footage and can't find anything. Do they still run the spread ? etc....
Just looking for info on em.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="709842" timestamp="1258397176"]
[quote author=TexAgNDN link=topic=62369.msg709835#msg709835 date=1258396754]

[/quote]

Wow! I was on the 50 yd line and looking both directions it looked full. I was sitting with a guy who played for Sterling years ago and he and I both thought it looked full. And I was drinking soda pop! ;D
[/quote]

I sat on the south end of the visitors side- had plenty of room to stretch out and choose whatever row I wanted.
PNG had more fans in attendance but they also had a much larger band that took up nearly an entire section of the home side from top to bottom- much larger than the BH band/ dancers, etc who were kind of scattered throughout the visitor's side. I would say PNG had around 1,500 more fans there than BH had when you account for the space PNG's band/ dancers took in the stands!

[quote name="pngfan66" post="709855" timestamp="1258397732"]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=62369.msg709685#msg709685 date=1258388148]
Hey guys I'm from Angleton. I'm not here to start any bad tension I'm here to talk football like this forum is meant for. But Angleton is really looking forward to next weeks game between this winner. I know they have to get by Jones first but I honestly don't think any inner city houston school is gonna win this week. The only team that has a chance is Yates but they're playing a really good el campo team. The only thing with Angleton right now is they're sufferring a few injuries one by the star QB and they're biggest linemen in weight. So that's why I'm hoping if they can get out to a big 1st qrt lead. They can sit these 2 to get ready for next week. But last year Angleton faced Jeff Davis (another inner city houston team) and they were 9-1. And angleton had a 41-7 lead at half time. The competition that the inner city schools isn't very good. But like I said I'm hear to talk football and answer anything y'all wanna know.
[/quote]What do you know of Brenham ? I've looked all over the place for game footage and can't find anything. Do they still run the spread ? etc....
[/quote]

Brenham never ran the spread...more of a pro-style offense.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="709855" timestamp="1258397732"]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=62369.msg709685#msg709685 date=1258388148]
[/quote]

There used to be some footage on Youtube as I recall watching a few videos last year when we were about to play them.  May want to give that a try.  I also recall the twins....suppose to be a fast duo that was also suppose to give us fits...as I recall, we handled them pretty well and really the only thing that stands out about either one of them was their mouths because of the trash talking they were doing but other than that I don't recall anything spectacular. Wish I could be more help but if I come across anything I will post it.
Good luck man. I will be checking in on the game frequently!

[quote name="rollinac" post="709853" timestamp="1258397631"]
That had to be real early.  The Crosby football team was sitting in the lower section on the 20 yard line non-scoreboard side.  That entire section was packed and they got there before the game started.  There's no one there in that picture.  What's the point anyway???  Everyone knows PNG brings a bunch of people???
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/mss01txag/BH-1.jpg[/img]

[quote name="rollinac" post="709893" timestamp="1258399420"]
Can't be their varsity....Schlottman (their QB) is left handed.
[/quote] ok i dunno ima delete it then

[quote name="octfeb" post="709911" timestamp="1258400440"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62369.msg709893#msg709893 date=1258399420]
[/quote]

good effort.... I'm sure there something out there somewhere.  ;)

[quote name="dayton" post="709913" timestamp="1258400519"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=62369.msg709911#msg709911 date=1258400440]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62369.msg709893#msg709893 date=1258399420]
[/quote]

good effort.... I'm sure there something out there somewhere.  ;)
[/quote]
i have looked for footage for 2 days now and cant find anything. if anyone finds anything please post it ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder