• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bulldawg64" post="711042" timestamp="1258505977"]
i think the [color=purple]indians[/color] will come out on top
even ifs riding a wave with the rain
coming down. 80 per cent, around
47 degrees. good football weather! :)      
[/quote]

Class act bulldawg 64...........................

You guys act like a big crowd is automatically an advantage for PNG.  Seriously, when was the last time any PNG players played in such a big game in front of a (supposedly) huge crowd like you are talking about?  The answer is never, and all your talking only increases the pressure on your kids. 

Brenham on the other hand is in these type of games every year, and will not be fazed.  So, in addition to being the more talented, faster, and bigger team, Brenham has the intangible advantage over PNG. 

I say look for lots of jitters and lots of both mental and physical errors by PNG in this one.  And, once it gets rolling it will get out of hand!  Brenham by 20 or more in this one.  But, on the positive side, you PNG fans can show up the following week and watch Friendswood dismantle Huntsville!

Actally, that's not true hammerhead.  Truth be told, I've not cared enough to pick one way or the other until you folks became so obnoxious, and then I predicted that the winner of PNG/BH would get wiped out by Brenham.  And, you can dislike or disagree with what I say all you want, but to say that my predictions are never right is just plain ignorant.  My track record on this board shows that I am almost always right.

FriendswoodFan I'd bet your own team doesn't like you, are you truely that misearable all the time? Where did you play high school ball, what college and pro team did you play for to have such wisdom?

Is it that hard to acknowledge a group of 16-17 year old kids that have learned a totally new offensive and defensive scheme in 7 months which are 180 degrees from what they have been doing since 8th grade with almost all new coaches and have an 11-0 record?

Do our fans go overboard? Sure they do, I would hope all schools fans would do the same. Why is bringing up the past so bad, we have been fortunate to have a great past, present and future. Any one who is a true fan of high school sports knows of PNG's passion and I bet a lot wish they had that kind of support. I hate looking at another side an seeing no one supporting their kids.

All areas/districts have their traditions and great histories why hate ours so much. Ask they stadiums that we fill up when we travel how much they hate our $$$$ we bring them. Smack talk is fine but damn you have some kind of anger that just doesn't make sense towards a school and it's fans.

It's a shame to see a good program like Friendswood represented by you! I sure hope things turn around for you. Good luck to your team!

[quote name="ndn78" post="711138" timestamp="1258512978"]
FriendswoodFan I'd bet your own team doesn't like you, are you truely that misearable all the time? Where did you play high school ball, what college and pro team did you play for to have such wisdom?

Is it that hard to acknowledge a group of 16-17 year old kids that have learned a totally new offensive and defensive scheme in 7 months which are 180 degrees from what they have been doing since 8th grade with almost all new coaches and have an 11-0 record?

Do our fans go overboard? Sure they do, I would hope all schools fans would do the same. Why is bringing up the past so bad, we have been fortunate to have a great past, present and future. Any one who is a true fan of high school sports knows of PNG's passion and I bet a lot wish they had that kind of support. I hate looking at another side an seeing no one supporting their kids.

All areas/districts have their traditions and great histories why hate ours so much. Ask they stadiums that we fill up when we travel how much they hate our $$$$ we bring them. Smack talk is fine but dang you have some kind of anger that just doesn't make sense towards a school and it's fans.

It's a shame to see a good program like Friendswood represented by you! I sure hope things turn around for you. Good luck to your team!
[/quote]

Don't waste your time on that idiot. When I read one his posts it reminds me of the old saying....."They come on big when their feeling small". He's definitely overcompensating for something.

NDN, get over yourself already.  

Why is expressing an opinion on a public access forum that happens to be different from that expressed by you and the other PNG "homers" wrong, much less indicative of being miserable, angry or hate?  Again, get over yourself!      

And, since when do people who post on here have to pay homage (acknowledge, to use your term) to the supposedly miraculous turnaround at PNG, to the supposedly glorious past at PNG, or to anything else about PNG.  Why can't someone just disagree with the silly posturing about what a great team PNG is supposed to be?

And, no your fans don't just go overboard.  They, like you, are so consumed with so desperately wanting everyone who is not a PNG fan to respect you that you act like a bunch of arrogant, patronizing fools whose team, history, traditions, etc. are better than all others.  Anyone who has followed my Friendswood crowing on these forums knows that I am okay with that kind of school pride -- if you can back it up on the field.  The problem is that you guys haven't done that in a very, very, very long time!  

In closing, let me say that respect has to be earned, not demanded, my friend.

I don't think PN-G is worried about whether you think they have earned respect compared to friendswood. PN-G has earned their respect many times over and not just as it relates to football. Just because a disgruntled poster on a message board doesn't agree, that doesn't mean they don't have respect many times over. And really--who made you the respect police? ;) ??? ;) ??? ;) ??? ;)

Friendswood,
Normally I just like to read the posts and leave the smack-talking to others. But I feel sorry for any team that only has great fans when they prove themselves on the field. Fans should be there regardless of the performance. The kids playing are friends and neighbors and deserve the community support no matter what. My brother played and graduated from PNG last year. The season was disappointing BUT THE SUPPORT WAS NOT. Parents, friends and the community supported that team in every game. Of course there are always more fans when you win, but true fans are always there. I hope that the rest of friendswood does not have the same attitude you do about their "boys" on the field. I am proud of our "OVERBOARD" school pride and our team is too.

[quote name="ndn78" post="711138" timestamp="1258512978"]

All areas/districts have their traditions and great histories why hate ours so much. Ask they stadiums that we fill up when we travel how much they hate our $$$$ we bring them. Smack talk is fine but dang you have some kind of anger that just doesn't make sense towards a school and it's fans.

We do not know who he is and he does not represent the parents of this team nor the community. Ignore button please!
[/quote]

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="711092" timestamp="1258510282"]
You guys act like a big crowd is automatically an advantage for PNG.  Seriously, when was the last time any PNG players played in such a big game in front of a (supposedly) huge crowd like you are talking about?  The answer is never, and all your talking only increases the pressure on your kids. 

Brenham on the other hand is in these type of games every year, and will not be fazed.  So, in addition to being the more talented, faster, and bigger team, Brenham has the intangible advantage over PNG. 

I say look for lots of jitters and lots of both mental and physical errors by PNG in this one.  And, once it gets rolling it will get out of hand!  Brenham by 20 or more in this one.  But, on the positive side, you PNG fans can show up the following week and watch Friendswood dismantle Huntsville!
[/quote]

I grew up in the Golden Triangle, but was fortunate to spend 20 years living in the great city of Friendswood.  I also fortunate that I never met someone with such hate in his heart as Friendswood Fan.  You really show how ignorant you are when you say that PNG kids haven't played before large crowds.  The top 8 High School attendance records at the Dome are held by PNG.  In 1999 when we played Stephenville for the State Championship we had over 40,000 in attendance.  In 1976 we set a National attendance record when we played Plano in Cowboy stadium for the State Championship and had over 48,000 in attendance.  We had to drive over 300 miles and Plano only had to drive 20 miles, yet we filled half of the stadium with an estimated crowd of 30,000.  During the 20 years that I lived in Friendswood they didn't have much success, were you as obnoxious then as you are now?

friendswoodfan get over yourself! i live in your neck of the woods. so, why is it that i haven't heard a thing about yall dominating this season???? oh yeah maybe it's because yall haven't.. yall have an 8-3 record and most of those games yall squeaked by... so, we haven't deserved it? here's where you insert your foot in your mouth.... you lost to SANTA FE (6-5) that's all i'm going to say lol.....

PNG
Total yards      Rushing yards       Passing yards
3947                   2182                      1765

FRIENDSWOOD
Total yards     Rushing yards     Passing yards
3785                   1439                  2346

in the end, you still come out on bottom....

;D ;) :D :o ::) :P :-* :-\ :'(

I saw Friendswood play WO-S at Pasadena in 2000 and they did have the most awesome team entry before the game I've ever seen.  The team ran thru a couple of lines of roaring Harley's.  Very loud and very cool looking, but they did lose the game.  This should be a tight game but I have to go with PN-G by 7.  The Blue Bell boys are a year away.

I'm soo tired of hearing about Friendswood. First of all they were not that good this year and why are you even on this message board. There are only about 3 or 4 schools in the state of Texas that have the kind of fan support that PNG has and you are not one of them. I was at the game in 99 where we sold out our side of the dome and played in front of 40,000 fans. I played in 89 in the state quarterfinals in front of 35,000 fans. I remember in 99 when they had to open the second deck of Kyle field and  RC Slocum said that he had never seen a crowd like that at a high school game. If we can somehow make it past this round then the true PNG masses will show up. Friendswood is part of my territory and everyone that I have met from there seems really nice and not full of themselves like you are. Speaking of when was the last time that Friendswood has made it to the State Finals. I think never is the answer!

[quote name="tc35" post="711300" timestamp="1258527778"]
I'm soo tired of hearing about Friendswood. First of all they were not that good this year and why are you even on this message board. There are only about 3 or 4 schools in the state of Texas that have the kind of fan support that PNG has and you are not one of them. I was at the game in 99 where we sold out our side of the dome and played in front of 40,000 fans. I played in 89 in the state quarterfinals in front of 35,000 fans. I remember in 99 when they had to open the second deck of Kyle field and  RC Slocum said that he had never seen a crowd like that at a high school game. If we can somehow make it past this round then the true PNG masses will show up. Friendswood is part of my territory and everyone that I have met from there seems really nice and not full of themselves like you are. Speaking of when was the last time that Friendswood has made it to the State Finals. I think never is the answer!
[/quote]

Now you just went to the same level as others. I could easily react to you the same way others have jumped peoples cases. We come to this board because we love football. FW has made it to the state Finals once and won. PNG has won 3 titles and been in the finals 6 times,  3 times as Port Neches and 3 times as PNG, no one is arguing about that. Program with a lot of historical success.

We have a pretty good team this year, but we are not claiming we are going to win state and that we can beat Lake Travis! We are proud of our team. There is a lively debate about how strong the different districts are and that has stirred up some energy! No one can argue PNG travels well, not sure why we are splitting hairs about how many people will travel! Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="Bleed Purple" post="711292" timestamp="1258524320"]
I grew up in the Golden Triangle, but was fortunate to spend 20 years living in the great city of Friendswood.  I also fortunate that I never met someone with such hate in his heart as Friendswood Fan.  You really show how ignorant you are when you say that PNG kids haven't played before large crowds.  The top 8 High School attendance records at the Dome are held by PNG.  In 1999 when we played Stephenville for the State Championship we had over 40,000 in attendance.  In 1976 we set a National attendance record when we played Plano in Cowboy stadium for the State Championship and had over 48,000 in attendance.  We had to drive over 300 miles and Plano only had to drive 20 miles, yet we filled half of the stadium with an estimated crowd of 30,000.  During the 20 years that I lived in Friendswood they didn't have much success, were you as obnoxious then as you are now?
[/quote]

And, how many of the current players were on thos team back in the 70s, 80s and 90s?  Hmmmmmm????????  That's my point.

As much as I don't like Friendswood Fan...
He does have one strong point...
Name the last time a team east of Houston beat Friendswood?

The only strong point that Dayton has over Friendswood is that for the last two years the Mustangs were dribbling basketballs while Dayton was still playing football.
It might just happen again this year, but only time will tell.

PN-G shouldn't worry about Friendswood, they need to beat Brenham this week, that should be all they are worried about.

If PN-G has three or four drives stall out inside the red zone, they might be in trouble against Brenham.
I think they had three or four drives against Barbers Hill stall out inside the 20 on downs and missed field goals, they need to convert those drives into points.

Just from my experience of watching video over the last few years that Dayton has advanced, every game you play from now on will get quicker and quicker.
The speed of the game keeps getting faster as you advance and the teams get better.
If you can't adjust to the quickness it could mean the dribbling sounds of basketballs.
PN-G will need at least an A- play level to win this week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder