PNG vs Brenham

injun

You know that speed is not a determining factor in these partof the playoffs.  Remember when your Cubs Pmayed my Jags in the second round I'm '05?  Our team speed was unreal and you beat us by at least 4 TD's.

This PN-G team just keep Proving doubter wrong.  That's all they know how to do. They win games.  They see speed all the time.  They played against us just like they played against everyone else even thougj they are faster. 

I know they PN-G faithful are talking a lot of noise, heck, they have a good reason to.  This is a good team with potential and ,Like my Jags, have a point to prove.  You know, getting disrespected by great programs throughout the years and by the media. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="akifan94" post="710527" timestamp="1258462599"]
Here is a scouting report I was told the other night by someone who has watched 3 Brenham games this year.....

[u]Offense[/u]

QB is very accurate. He does not make many mistakes and can run. He is not as good a runner as we have seen in Merka and Viverette, but he is not scared to tuck it in run when their is no one open. His only weakness is he tends to lock onto #81 and rarely looks elsewhere unless the play is designed to go away from #81. #81 is their best player. He is fast with good hands. He lines up at TE and WR. They will try to tun the ball more than they throw and have a sophomore at RB. He is good but will not be the best we have seen. He is under 500 yards rushing on the year but has a good average. They have a big line, no other details were mentioned.

[u]Defense[/u]

Good size up front but they can be ran on. #81 once again is their playmaker on defense. It is best to throw away from him. Nothing outstanding about the defense. Good team speed and can get to the ball but they do not always make the tackle.

[u]Conclusion[/u]

Think Central game. If we limit mistakes we have a good chance of winning. We make mistakes and we will be in a dogfight to try and win. Brenham does not turn the ball over very often and we can't have drives stall due to mistakes and penalties.

To the Brenham poster. I am pretty confident that no PN-G has said that Brenham was mouthy, that came from somewhere else. Also, your own town paper sports editor is the one who said Brenham travels poorly fan wise. He claimed 1,000 to 1,500 fans could be expected from the Brenham side. I really could care less. This game is about which team executes, not how many fans show up.
[/quote]Yea but that twelth man in the stands sure do help ;D

brenham beat 3 teams that are in the second round of the playoffs and lost by 1 pt. to waller. in know that ned. beat waller but we dont need to underestimate brenham or we will be watching from home next week. and what was b.f. thinking last week in the 4th qtr when we should have been running the ball and running out the clock, but we kept passing and finally succeeded in throwing an int. i think the coaches had more jitters that our boys.

[quote name="akifan94" post="710527" timestamp="1258462599"]
Also, your own town paper sports editor is the one who said Brenham travels poorly fan wise. He claimed 1,000 to 1,500 fans could be expected from the Brenham side. I really could care less. [/quote]

I'd be very surprised if that were the case. They filled up their side of the Berry Center in '06 when they played Texas City.

Maybe he's poor boying a little bit.

[quote name="bcjag09" post="710535" timestamp="1258463451"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=62369.msg710527#msg710527 date=1258462599]
Here is a scouting report I was told the other night by someone who has watched 3 Brenham games this year.....

[u]Offense[/u]

QB is very accurate. He does not make many mistakes and can run. He is not as good a runner as we have seen in Merka and Viverette, but he is not scared to tuck it in run when their is no one open. His only weakness is he tends to lock onto #81 and rarely looks elsewhere unless the play is designed to go away from #81. #81 is their best player. He is fast with good hands. He lines up at TE and WR. They will try to tun the ball more than they throw and have a sophomore at RB. He is good but will not be the best we have seen. He is under 500 yards rushing on the year but has a good average. They have a big line, no other details were mentioned.

[u]Defense[/u]

Good size up front but they can be ran on. #81 once again is their playmaker on defense. It is best to throw away from him. Nothing outstanding about the defense. Good team speed and can get to the ball but they do not always make the tackle.

[u]Conclusion[/u]

Think Central game. If we limit mistakes we have a good chance of winning. We make mistakes and we will be in a dogfight to try and win. Brenham does not turn the ball over very often and we can't have drives stall due to mistakes and penalties.

To the Brenham poster. I am pretty confident that no PN-G has said that Brenham was mouthy, that came from somewhere else. Also, your own town paper sports editor is the one who said Brenham travels poorly fan wise. He claimed 1,000 to 1,500 fans could be expected from the Brenham side. I really could care less. This game is about which team executes, not how many fans show up.
[/quote]

No doubt about it. But I think some people think you can just show up with more people and win. Brenham is a big-time program that has played a lot of important games. I just feel there are bigger factors to this game than who brings more fans.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="akifan94" post="710551" timestamp="1258465987"]
[quote author=bcjag09 link=topic=62369.msg710535#msg710535 date=1258463451]

[u]Offense[/u]

[u]Defense[/u]

[u]Conclusion[/u]

[/quote]

No doubt about it. But I think some people think you can just show up with more people and win. Brenham is a big-time program that has played a lot of important games. I just feel there are bigger factors to this game than who brings more fans.
[/quote]

Large crowds only effect teams that are not used to being in that sort of environment. That's why playoff experience is huge the deeper you get into the playoffs. Most high school teams just do not play in front of 5,000-6,000 people on a consistent basis. PNG definitely has the edge in that category on most teams in Texas.

[quote name="ndn78" post="709582" timestamp="1258380298"]
Friendswoodfan, please donate to the Forum site. I'm sure you have plenty of disposable income that our "Hicks" could use to keep this site up and running so fine people such as yourself can continue to flaunt your good fortune.

The many friends I have in Friendswood do not seem to have the attitude as you. Good luck to you, people with your attitude need luck in life. Karma is a b*&^h!
[/quote]

Well said!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="709329" timestamp="1258337808"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62369.msg709271#msg709271 date=1258335264]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=62369.msg709263#msg709263 date=1258335043]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62369.msg709259#msg709259 date=1258334901]
You PNG folks really make me laugh.  

First, I cannot believe any of you really think that picture one of you posted shows 8,500 people in it.  There are maybe half that many in the stands.

Second, I cannot believe any of you PNG fans really think that a Brenham football player is going to be intimidated by a bunch of hicks from PNG jumping up and down and screaming in the stands at Aldine stadium.  They will be laughing at you -- like the rest of us already are doing!

Third, its time to see if PNG can play with a real team like Brenham.  This isn't a GT team you're playing now folks.  I predict this one will be over by the time the 3rd quarter ends, and that Brenham wins by 20 or more.  The only shame is that you PNG folks won't get a chance to have Angleton crush your dreams -- which is what will happen to Brenham the following week.
[/quote]
think what you want,but i do know CENTRAL is going to crush yall dreams :)
[/quote]

Yes just like they did last year!   ;D ;D ;D  I am still laughing about all those predictions!!!  ;D :D ;D ;)
[/quote]No Blue chipper QB to bail you out this year... ;)
[/quote]

We are quite happy with our QB this year.

Akifan94, thanks for the reply, and a pretty good scouting report on the Cubs. About the crowd, I am well aware of how PNG travels. I still remember back in my day watching the Indians in those playoff games in the Dome back in the late 70's. I was awestruck by the sea of purple. But Brenham will represent well. Everybody on here keeps talking about PNG not getting respect, but if anybody knows anything about high school football, they know about the tradition PNG has. This is going to be a good high school playoff game, both teams have been ranked high in the Greater Houston area all year. This may have been a down year in our district, but all four teams are still playing. The Waller game was simply one team being hungrier than the other. Brenham had already clinched the district, and Waller was playing to get into the playoffs. The Cubs led 14-3 midway through the 4th quarter when everything went wrong. The Bulldogs rallied for two late td's to pull the upset 15-14. Brenham will be a little more focused in this one. The only thing wrong with your scouting report is that the Cub d-line is not big except for Malcolm Brown, a 6'3" 275 lb sophomore. The rest of the defense is small, but very quick. Should be a good one, best of luck!!

[quote name="cubfan12" post="710603" timestamp="1258469296"]
Akifan94, thanks for the reply, and a pretty good scouting report on the Cubs. About the crowd, I am well aware of how PNG travels. I still remember back in my day watching the Indians in those playoff games in the Dome back in the late 70's. I was awestruck by the sea of purple. But Brenham will represent well. Everybody on here keeps talking about PNG not getting respect, but if anybody knows anything about high school football, they know about the tradition PNG has. This is going to be a good high school playoff game, both teams have been ranked high in the Greater Houston area all year. This may have been a down year in our district, but all four teams are still playing. The Waller game was simply one team being hungrier than the other. Brenham had already clinched the district, and Waller was playing to get into the playoffs. The Cubs led 14-3 midway through the 4th quarter when everything went wrong. The Bulldogs rallied for two late td's to pull the upset 15-14. Brenham will be a little more focused in this one. The only thing wrong with your scouting report is that the Cub d-line is not big except for Malcolm Brown, a 6'3" 275 lb sophomore. The rest of the defense is small, but very quick. Should be a good one, best of luck!!
[/quote]

Nice post. Good luck to both teams. I will be there with the other 50,000 folks!

[quote name="cubfan12" post="710603" timestamp="1258469296"]
[/quote]

Thanks.......6'3" 275 makes any line big in my opinion.... ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="710541" timestamp="1258464914"]
Also, your own town paper sports editor is the one who said Brenham travels poorly fan wise. He claimed 1,000 to 1,500 fans could be expected from the Brenham side. I really could care less. [/quote]

I'd be very surprised if that were the case. They filled up their side of the Berry Center in '06 when they played Texas City.

Maybe he's poor boying a little bit.
[/quote]
I agree, they had a pretty good crowd against us a few years ago at Reliant Stadium. Great program they have in Brenham. We will be in for a war.

I'm sure no one would agree with me and I hope that I'm wrong but... PNG has not played the same quality of competiton that Brenham has and as a matter of fact we have only played against 3 teams with winning records. Brenham defense is very fast and that has given us problems because we lack overall team speed on both sides of the ball.  That being said if we can throw the ball effectively then the game could be close but will be low scoring.. My pick -- Brenham 21 -- PNG 14.

[quote name="tc35" post="710773" timestamp="1258482426"]
I'm sure no one would agree with me and I hope that I'm wrong but... PNG has not played the same quality of competiton that Brenham has and as a matter of fact we have only played against 3 teams with winning records. Brenham defense is very fast and that has given us problems because we lack overall team speed on both sides of the ball.  That being said if we can throw the ball effectively then the game could be close but will be low scoring.. My pick -- Brenham 21 -- PNG 14.
[/quote]
Good Point about PNG only playing three teams with winning records, but Brehnam only played four teams with winning records and lost one of them (no doubt to a very good 5A) and lost to a team with a loosing record. Overall PNG's opponents combined for a 0.500 winning percentage. Brehnams on the other hand are 0.466. Not sure any of this really matters come Friday night. I think the team with the least amount of mistakes wins. If PNG can run on the Cubs like some of the other top teams they have faced have PNG will keep hold the time of possession game and come out on top.

Guest gladiator2
Brenham brought plenty of people to Reliant Stadium a couple of years ago. They should pretty much fill their side. It really does not matter, we had a big crowd last weekend but was not that vocal. Our crowd needs to be fired up as it was against Central and then it could really get loud in that stadium. Bottom line in this game, we must play better than we have the last few weeks to have a chance to win. Hopefully, Faircloth has sent this message to our team. We must show up with a lot of intensity and aggression. I thought last week in the first half we were being very passive and missing a lot of tackles. I thought our safety's were playing too far back and was not reacting very well. I believe the coaching staff seen that and made a change and the next guy got in there and picked it up a notch. Every player must show up and play every play like it is their last and we wil be fine.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="710590" timestamp="1258468818"]
[quote author=ndn78 link=topic=62369.msg709582#msg709582 date=1258380298]
Friendswoodfan, please donate to the Forum site. I'm sure you have plenty of disposable income that our "Hicks" could use to keep this site up and running so fine people such as yourself can continue to flaunt your good fortune.

The many friends I have in Friendswood do not seem to have the attitude as you. Good luck to you, people with your attitude need luck in life. Karma is a b*&^h!
[/quote]

Well said!
[/quote]
I second that. Hope to see 20-4A vs. 24-4A next week. Good luck Indians and Jags!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder