Lumberton Football

raideroldtimer you need to go drive around the area and check some other places out and talk to some coaches. Everyone knows Lumbertons facilitys are a joke. go check out Vidor. its much nicer. new gym, new baseball stadium, new field house, and redoing the football field. Oh and 1979 is the seventies.

Aggie is right that we arent the worst in the area. we are much nicer than Buna but in 20 4A Lumberton has horrible facility's. And Lumberton pays its teachers very poorly and your gonna see Coaches leaving eventually for greener pastors. I have 2 friends at silsbee, 1 at Hardin, 3 at Barbers Hill, 1 in houston, 4 more at Orange area schools and all would have to take pay cuts to come to Lumberton. My friend in Barbers Hill actually looked at a job here and it would be a 15 thousand dollar pay cut.

I know you love Lumberton an all but you need to pull your head out of the sand and see whats going on. We have 2A level facilitys no matter what you say.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raideroldtimer you need to go drive around the area and check some other places out and talk to some coaches. Everyone knows Lumbertons facilitys are a joke. go check out Vidor. its much nicer. new gym, new baseball stadium, new field house, and redoing the football field. Oh and 1979 is the seventies.

Aggie is right that we arent the worst in the area. we are much nicer than Buna but in 20 4A Lumberton has horrible facility's. And Lumberton pays its teachers very poorly and your gonna see Coaches leaving eventually for greener pastors. I have 2 friends at silsbee, 1 at Hardin, 3 at Barbers Hill, 1 in houston, 4 more at Orange area schools and all would have to take pay cuts to come to Lumberton. My friend in Barbers Hill actually looked at a job here and it would be a 15 thousand dollar pay cut.

I know you love Lumberton an all but you need to pull your head out of the sand and see whats going on. We have 2A level facilitys no matter what you say.

I've been living in Lumberton for 8 years, from Port Arthur. I know after we went to state in the 80's we updated our facilities.  I would like to know where our school tax money goes. My taxes are CRAZY in Lumberon..........

Here's an example of how screwed up the LISD is about spending the money. It was my understanding that a couple of years ago some good folks there at Lumberton had decided they wanted to donate some money in order to buy a new scoreboard for Radier Stadium. They had raised enough money and had worked out all the details with a scoreboard company to purchase a nice new scoreboard with all the bells and whistles. When they approached the district about doing it, they were told that they could donate the money, but the district would spend it how they see fit. Needless to say, the money was never donated.

Now I realize that a scoreboard would be way down on the list of priorities, but if it wasn't going to cost the district a single cent, then why not let these good folks donate the funds to at least get this done?

This is just one example of how the district is, IMO, too tight with the money.

Here's an example of how screwed up the LISD is about spending the money. It was my understanding that a couple of years ago some good folks there at Lumberton had decided they wanted to donate some money in order to buy a new scoreboard for Radier Stadium. They had raised enough money and had worked out all the details with a scoreboard company to purchase a nice new scoreboard with all the bells and whistles. When they approached the district about doing it, they were told that they could donate the money, but the district would spend it how they see fit. Needless to say, the money was never donated.

Now I realize that a scoreboard would be way down on the list of priorities, but if it wasn't going to cost the district a single cent, then why not let these good folks donate the funds to at least get this done?

This is just one example of how the district is, IMO, too tight with the money.

Ask George Talbert

WTB, I'm assuming from the sound of it the you live here in Lumberton, our facilities, at least the field stadium and parking far exceed what some schools have. I mean look at Vidor for pete's sake, a former 5-A school and they have one of the worst stadiums in the area IMO, no offense to the good Vidor folks. Also, unless they've gotten a new stadium in the last 2 years, you'll see that Livingston's is no bed of roses either.. Our place isn't perfect by far but we have it better than alot. I would love to see a new stadium, but, ONLY if they leave a walkway in front of the stands so some of us old farts can continue walking up and down the field with the team like we currently do. No other stadium in the area has that kind of fan access. Now as far as the field house, now that's an entirely different matter, that we need desperately.

Wow, you really haven't been to Vidor in a while have you.  New restrooms, new concession stands, new Gym/ Field house...

Well congrats Vidor. Also to add to what Aggies posted, I know for a fact that the baseball program had their own "booster" started 3 years ago. They raised thousands of dollars. When they went to give it to the then new Coach, Reyenga, only a certain amount was going to be allowed to be used for the baseball program. Baseball wise - Lumberton needs a new pressbox in a terrible way, new infield dirt (and for people not involved in baseball, infield dirt is extremely expensive), they need a drainage system, watering system, new fence, and new dugouts. The basketball gym can only brag about a new floor. Everything else is in pretty bad shape. Football field wise, new scoreboard, new pressbox, new concessions, TURF. It has a new track, new restrooms on the home side, and relatively new home bleachers.

Where's that tax money going?

I think the indoor practice facility at vidor will do more bad than good. I liked to practice in the weather because I don't believe they will move the games on Friday night indoors. The only way we would practice indoors is if it was lightning, and for vidor's sake I hope that's all they will use it for!

I think the indoor practice facility at vidor will do more bad than good. I liked to practice in the weather because I don't believe they will move the games on Friday night indoors. The only way we would practice indoors is if it was lightning, and for vidor's sake I hope that's all they will use it for!

Excellent points HDCats,  I was just simply trying to show oldtimer that he was way off base with his assessment of Vidor's facilities that also include a fairly new scoreboard.

WTB notice I said it would be nice to have for lightning. My junior year it seemed like anytime it would rain we would go to elementary gym (which was carpeted) and practice with a wet ball but with minimum contact and went 5-5 that year.my senior year we told coach we wanted to practice outside no matter the weather (besides lightning of course) and we went 7-4 that year I think because we were in the weather we were going to play in Friday and the physical/contave aspect we got outside that we wouldn't have gotten inside

Excellent points HDCats,  I was just simply trying to show oldtimer that he was way off base with his assessment of Vidor's facilities that also include a fairly new scoreboard.

Actually, my assessment was based on just the stands and the parking. I'm not real concerned with the restrooms or concessions as long as they are clean.

well facilitys are everything

WTB, I've decided you aren't going to be happy with anything I say. I tell you what, I'm going to concede to your great wisdom since you know everything about everything, you are right, you are right, you are right. Now are you going to argue about that too? I have my opinions and you have yours, thankfully I know who's right.

well facilitys are everything

WTB, I've decided you aren't going to be happy with anything I say. I tell you what, I'm going to concede to your great wisdom since you know everything about everything, you are right, you are right, you are right. Now are you going to argue about that too? I have my opinions and you have yours, thankfully I know who's right.

I do to, it's WTB who is right in this case. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder