Lumberton Football

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

3 games I really want Lumberton to win... Vidor, Silsbee, & PNG

I agree with you 100% but I would like to be a little more ambitious and say that there will be 7 more on that list.  :D

I think I should have said "3 games I really want Lumberton to win the most"  ;) But it would be great if they won them all.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude , I have never said Livingston had a winning record against anyone they have had one of the worst programs in the state that's what makes what coach Rowe has done over the last five years all that more  remarkble.

The Lions co-district title last year was their first since 1963 they have been horrible for years, but it is a new day Coach Rowe has changed eveything this ain't your Daddy's Livingston Lions.

Dude , I have never said Livingston had a winning record against anyone they have had one of the worst programs in the state that's what makes what coach Rowe has done over the last five years all that more  remarkable.

The Lions co-district title last year was their first since 1963 they have been horrible for years, but it is a new day Coach Rowe has changed eveything this ain't your Daddy's Livingston Lions.

Coach R has done a great job and can remember when he first came there. They have come a long and wish them continued success.

Dude , I have never said Livingston had a winning record against anyone they have had one of the worst programs in the state that's what makes what coach Rowe has done over the last five years all that more  remarkable.

Coach R has done a great job and can remember when he first came there. They have come a long and wish them continued success.

LOL..wasn't really meaning to stir, I mean if you really look at it, both L-Towns (coincidence?) have been kind of alike through the years. You guys had the fortune of actually being in playoffs before though unlike us. Othr than that, our two teams have had some terrible luck in football and fortunately we've landed coaches who are really making a difference both in the teams and I assume in the fans attitude.One thing Lumberton has had good fortune in the past though is there has always seemed to be a great fan base win or lose, probably because until the last few years there has never been much more to do in town.  :D

has anybody heard of this kid in Lumberton named Sean Sparks? I was in lumberton Taco Bell and a bunch of people were goin on and on about him? He is mentioned in Texas football monthly, but not much on stats......maybe a late bloomer?

Apparently a big kid who's put on some size and runs in the 4.7's

Guest etbu

#88 huh, my only hope is that if he is a really good wide receiver, I hope beyond all hop that Ryan has gotten better at passing. I love our grind it out offense, but it wouldmake things a litte easier if our passing could be more consistent, doesn't have to be great just consistent.

You think maybe Coach C knows that?  ???

Geeez, Lumberton has 2 winning seasons and now they are a super power.

The first winning season was the first year the team benefited from the Lumberton Youth Football programs. Now we are like most others and start them out at 5 years old playing flag........ ;)

P.S.........Gonna rock this year

Sean Sparks will play DE and some TE for Lumberton next year. Last season he played alot of DL, Alot of DE and some DT. Hes somewhat a late bloomer but had a very good season last year but just got alittle over shadowed by Hanna, Murrill, Beard. He is looking to have a breakout season and is on of the better athletes on the field. hes about 6'2" 235 and has ran as fast as 4.7

As for the passing game I think it will be pretty good depending on how the OL develops. you have both WRs back in Sparks and Kieth. and some very good Jrs in Cowart and McDonald. Choate should have a good season at TE and Asher will do a good job out of the backfield. They will miss that huge OL and the Dominate back that Jacob Hanna was thats for sure but I think they should do well

P.S. the youth football has been good but dont get it twisted and think that its the reason Lumberton started winning. It takes alot of work to win at the highschool level not just youth football program

Sean Sparks will play DE and some TE for Lumberton next year. Last season he played alot of DL, Alot of DE and some DT. Hes somewhat a late bloomer but had a very good season last year but just got alittle over shadowed by Hanna, Murrill, Beard. He is looking to have a breakout season and is on of the better athletes on the field. hes about 6'2" 235 and has ran as fast as 4.7

As for the passing game I think it will be pretty good depending on how the OL develops. you have both WRs back in Sparks and Kieth. and some very good Jrs in Cowart and McDonald. Choate should have a good season at TE and Asher will do a good job out of the backfield. They will miss that huge OL and the Dominate back that Jacob Hanna was thats for sure but I think they should do well

P.S. the youth football has been good but don't get it twisted and think that its the reason Lumberton started winning. It takes alot of work to win at the highschool level not just youth football program

I don't think it's the sole reason, however, teaching the fundamentals at an early age helps improve the skills once they hit Jr. high and HS......IMO  I was also not trying to take anything away from the hard work that the students and coaches do at the high school level, just another aspect of the entire program.

The last couple years Ltown has had two good football teams. The combination of above average talent, and good coaching has made them successful. With that being said, Lumberton lost alot across the off and def fronts. Not by any means saying the cupboard is bare, but now is when Credeurs coaching will have to shine. If the Qb is inconsistent in throwing, the Oline will have a tougher time clearing lanes as the box will be loaded. Can the defense be as stingy with the loss of 3 of the front 4. Time will tell.

Defense really only lost 2 because the 2nd half of the season Sparks played most of the time at DE not Hanna and 2 sophmores played inside. James Richardson play alot and was very good but broke his wrist midway through but made it back for the nederland game and was a very good player and has really put on alot of weight during the offseason. Mason Archer started the whole season as the 1tech as a sophmore. Really only replacing Duvall. At LB Beards play will be HUGE but he looks great right now and they had a move in from Crosby who could take one spot and a few guys working at the other spot that and should be as good as last year.

You are right though the OL development will be a big deal. Passing game I think will be good. Ryan has a great football head on his shoulders and has really worked to make himself a better passer. So we can only hope for the best.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I really like the Richardson kid's toughness. I think he will have a breakout year. WTB, do you know if he will be on the D-Line or maybe some time at OLB? I think he also played a little FB last year also. Might he play some there also? Also, look out for Jesse Sparks at WR if they are able to get him the ball more. He has good hands.

James is gonna play the 3tech and will be like Jacob Hanna as a Jr when he played there but I think he will be alittle better bc he doesnt understand the word stop. Remeber last year when HF and BH tried to throw screens when he was in. It ended badly for the opposing QB.

He will also get some PT at FB but I dont know how much. Jesse is the best WR the last 2 years and Ryan has looked really good during 7 on 7s so I think he will have a good season. OL is the big concern

The last couple years Ltown has had two good football teams. The combination of above average talent, and good coaching has made them successful. With that being said, Lumberton lost alot across the off and def fronts. Not by any means saying the cupboard is bare, but now is when Credeurs coaching will have to shine. If the Qb is inconsistent in throwing, the Oline will have a tougher time clearing lanes as the box will be loaded. Can the defense be as stingy with the loss of 3 of the front 4. Time will tell.

I think A. Beard in the middle is very solid ....keith had 7 int's last year and has great speed and S. Sparks should shine ..a friend of mine told me he was very solid in several camps this year......those three are goin to have to carry the defense.

I think A. Beard in the middle is very solid ....keith had 7 int's last year and has great speed and S. Sparks should shine ..a friend of mine told me he was very solid in several camps this year......those three are goin to have to carry the defense.

no they dont. Returning on the defensive side of the ball is SS Jesse Sparks, DT Mason Archer, DT James Richardson, DE Sean Sparks, LB Anthony Beard, and CB Kyler Keith. Those 6 guys will anchor the defense

Geeez, Lumberton has 2 winning seasons and now they are a super power.

The first winning season was the first year the team benefited from the Lumberton Youth Football programs. Now we are like most others and start them out at 5 years old playing flag........ ;)

P.S.........Gonna rock this year

Actually to correct that, the first of the recent winning seasons was actually the second year the team benefited from the LYF programs. If you remember three years ago the talk was how well we were gonna do for that exact reason and that first year turned out to be a bomb compared to the last two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder