Lumberton Football

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumberton will have to have their OL have a good summer but QB and WR should be strong spots. RB will be ok but not near as good as the last 2 seasons.

Defensively they could be better than the last 2 years depending on Beard. But the entire secondary is coming back except for Granato. The DL looks to possiblly be as good if not better than last season. Sean Sparks, James Richardson and Mason Archer could be really really good.

I wish there more time in the day bc I would LOVE to come watch your boy Hanna? Is that his name? Plus met your coach last year at a bb game and Alvin seems like a good man. Good luck to the Raiders this year.

Terrible picks  for 20-4a, as I have said before.  

why? because Central only has 3 returning starters and are predicted to finish 5th? There really is no difference in being placed 3rd-6th IMO so Im having a hard time feeling sorry for Central, theyll be fine.

Dave Campbell has Vidor picked number one?  I'm not to sure about this is.  

Dave Campbell says 2nd place...I as well thinks Lumberton will get in.

20-4A

1. Vidor 10/8

2. Lumberton 6/5

3. PN-G 4/9

4. Nederland 5/5

5. Central 2/1

6. Livingston 4/4

7. Ozen 5/5

8. LC-M 6/6

Terrible picks  for 20-4a, as I have said before.  

why? because Central only has 3 returning starters and are predicted to finish 5th? There really is no difference in being placed 3rd-6th IMO so Im having a hard time feeling sorry for Central, theyll be fine.

Understandable...

Dave Campbell has Vidor picked number one?  I'm no to sure about this is. 

20-4A

1. Vidor 10/8

2. Lumberton 6/5

3. PN-G 4/9

4. Nederland 5/5

5. Central 2/1

6. Livingston 4/4

7. Ozen 5/5

8. LC-M 6/6

See what I'm saying?  :)

I think it goes

1.Nederland of course

2.Lumberton I think Lumberton is the real deal and I wil not underestimate them anymore

3.Central

4.Png

5.Vidor

6.Livingston

7.Ozen

8.LCM

Nederland will have the edge with coaching with Neuman.  Is this why you picked Nederland?  Remember, they still have to replace Cardenas and Grogan.  Salenga will have to be a man among boys next year for Nederland to win district...

Last coaching change was in 2005 and we won the district title that year.  I'm confident that we won't miss a beat.  Also, don't let the 3 returning starter thing fool you.  Remember, we ran different starting linups all the time to match up to the competition. 

Lumberton will be a handfull to run against with that beast in the middle tackling anything in sight.  Your best chance is to put it in the air.  I believe that more teams will do that this year.

20-4A

1. Vidor 10/8

2. Lumberton 6/5

3. PN-G 4/9

4. Nederland 5/5

5. Central 2/1

6. Livingston 4/4

7. Ozen 5/5

8. LC-M 6/6

Thats not even the correct number of starters for LCM's offense and I can list them if anyone disputes that.  (It's 8 by the way)

I think it goes

1.Nederland of course

2.Lumberton I think Lumberton is the real deal and I wil not underestimate them anymore

3.Central

4.Png

5.Vidor

6.Livingston

7.Ozen

8.LCM

Nederland will have the edge with coaching with Neuman.  Is this why you picked Nederland?  Remember, they still have to replace Cardenas and Grogan.  Salenga will have to be a man among boys next year for Nederland to win district...

Actually Soulja, Nederland will as usual be fine on the offensive side, I think. It's their D that'll have to step it up and as far as your other statement about throwing on L-Town, the two games that we lost last year were running teams, Veederville came out and ran over us in second half and Crosby's QB ran some long ones on us along with getting some timely stops. I agree with you on the new coach thing for the Jags, your guys whether experienced or not are always tremendous athletes, it'll be up to the coach to put them together in the right way. Wasn't he one of the assistants last year? Which to me means, although he has a new titile, the boys will already know what to expect from him to a certain extent unless he puts in an entire new system. I just don't see that happening with last years success.

Hunter gonzales, zack sonnier, tevvan jones, Preston Armstrong, Samuel burton, Daniel Harrison, Blake perry, jeremy chauvin (skill positions) and all sophmores and a freshmen and one junior.

Chris borel, clint dunn, ( o-line)

Those are returning starters from last year from LCM.

Not including a few more that will be playing this year

Looks more like 10 to me  ;D

Predicting a District Champion in june is a tough trick. I think Vidor, PNG, Nederland and Lumberton will represent 20-4a in the post season, but Vidor still has to learn how to win and deal with the pressure that winning brings. Big games ahead for Vidor in 2009. Good Luck to the Pirates.

Hunter gonzales, zack sonnier, tevvan jones, Preston Armstrong, Samuel burton, Daniel Harrison, Blake perry, jeremy chauvin (skill positions) and all sophmores and a freshmen and one junior.

Chris borel, clint dunn, ( o-line)

Those are returning starters from last year from LCM.

Not including a few more that will be playing this year

Looks more like 10 to me  ;D

One thing Vidor will have to overcome as well.. Not coming into games as underdogs. Every year lately people have been expected to beat Vidor. That won't be the case this year, and it will be tougher each week.

same story for LCM, even though we ARE the underdogs, we need to stop playing like we are, and go all out every play

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder