Lumberton Football

Is Asher going to be the feature back now that Hanna has moved on, and I hear Beard will be mostly defense this year.

Im just curious if we got some newcomers that can keep going what we had in the backfeild for the past two years. Nothing against Asher because he plays 110% everytime he gets the ball and I know he can get the job done, just curious if we will have someone to help carry the load.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Asher going to be the feature back now that Hanna has moved on, and I hear Beard will be mostly defense this year.

Im just curious if we got some newcomers that can keep going what we had in the backfeild for the past two years. Nothing against Asher because he plays 110% everytime he gets the ball and I know he can get the job done, just curious if we will have someone to help carry the load.

Beard is a great talent and I hope they keep him of the defensive side of the ball this year. I was at the PNG game when he got hurt and that kid has more heart than I've seen from anyone in years. Would hate to see him get hurt again carrying the ball.

Asher should be the starter, he actually made some good yardage when he played last year, but with the likes of Hanna and Beard running too people just didn't pay much attention. Reminds me of the year before when Cody was the feature back, Hanna actually tended to run more yards per carry.

It seems Dave Campbell is giving Livingston way too much credit the Lions will be lucky not to finish 0-10.

Apparently most of the juniors and seniors are not even gonna play this fall due to the bleak prospects of a re building year.

The Lions will field a team of mostly small, weak and slow freshman and sophmores.

In fact rumor has it the Lions won't even be able to field a JV squad this year.

It was fun while it lasted but all good things must come to an end.

I'm also considering resigning from my radio gig as well, I wonder if Ned or PNG is in need of a not so good color guy because Lion football will hard to watch for several years to come.

But wait the Lions have surprised some folks before just ask Dayton or for that matter all them Beaumont schools in 20-4A so stay tuned.

I think it goes

1.Nederland of course

2.Lumberton I think Lumberton is the real deal and I wil not underestimate them anymore

3.Central

4.Png

5.Vidor

6.Livingston

7.Ozen

8.LCM

Nederland will have the edge with coaching with Neuman.  Is this why you picked Nederland?  Remember, they still have to replace Cardenas and Grogan.  Salenga will have to be a man among boys next year for Nederland to win district...

I'm a homer... got to go with Nederland.  I think Nederland will better than some people think.  I am just glad its almost football season!!!!!!

It seems Dave Campbell is giving Livingston way too much credit the Lions will be lucky not to finish 0-10.

Apparently most of the juniors and seniors are not even gonna play this fall due to the bleak prospects of a re building year.

The Lions will field a team of mostly small, weak and slow freshman and sophmores.

In fact rumor has it the Lions won't even be able to field a JV squad this year.

I'm also considering resigning from my radio gig as well, I wonder if Ned or PNG is in need of a not so good color guy because Lion football will hard to watch for several years to come.

But wait the Lions have surprised some folks before just ask Dayton or for that matter all them Beaumont schools in 20-4A so stay tuned.

Suprised Dayton?  Dude, what are you talking about?  You LOST the game! 

Beaumont Schools?  I can't speak for Ozen, but I know we was smacking Livingston around for most of the game.  Yall had to rely on heroic efforts from yall's blue chipper (he did do his thing in that second half) to squeak out a win against Central. 

My predictions for Lumberton:

Lumberton Raiders

Aug. 28 Hamshire-Fannett  win

Sept. 4 @ Barbers Hill  win

Sept. 11 Silsbee  loss

Sept. 18 OPEN

Sept. 25 @ Livingston*  win

Oct. 2 Vidor*  loss

Oct. 9 @ Beaumont Central*  loss

Oct. 16 @ Beaumont Ozen* (Alex Durley Stadium)  win

Oct. 23 Port Neches-Groves*  win

Oct. 30 @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville*  win

Nov. 6 Nederland*  loss

6-4 regular season, 3rd in district

Suprised Dayton?  Dude, what are you talking about?  You LOST the game!  

Beaumont Schools?  I can't speak for Ozen, but I know we was smacking Livingston around for most of the game.  Yall had to rely on heroic efforts from yall's blue chipper (he did do his thing in that second half) to squeak out a win against Central.  

They did play us much closer than we expected and if I remember correctly us dayton fans came back and gave them their due. I credit Livingston a lot for the Broncos playoff run. The physicality of that game made Dayton better, IMO.

Lionfan... welcome to 20-4A. Nobody gets any slack!! Even after the good year the Lions had, they'll have to come back and do it again to earn respect. Dayton was the same way. Just be thankful you get to play and broadcast all these great games with the awesome atmosphere and FANS. I miss the intensity at the games in the triangle area.

Now to get back on topic: Just look at Lumberton, they are having to earn that respect too. They've now made the playoffs 2 years in a row and actually have a thread where people are showing them they take them seriously. 3 years ago that was not the case.

Suprised Dayton?  Dude, what are you talking about?  You LOST the game!  

Beaumont Schools?  I can't speak for Ozen, but I know we was smacking Livingston around for most of the game.  Yall had to rely on heroic efforts from yall's blue chipper (he did do his thing in that second half) to squeak out a win against Central.  

They did play us much closer than we expected and if I remember correctly us dayton fans came back and gave them their due. I credit Livingston a lot for the Broncos playoff run. The physicality of that game made Dayton better, IMO.

Lionfan... welcome to 20-4A. Nobody gets any slack!! Even after the good year the Lions had, they'll have to come back and do it again to earn respect. Dayton was the same way. Just be thankful you get to play and broadcast all these great games with the awesome atmosphere and FANS. I miss the intensity at the games in the triangle area.

Now to get back on topic: Just look at Lumberton, they are having to earn that respect too. They've now made the playoffs 2 years in a row and actually have a thread where people are showing them they take them seriously. 3 years ago that was not the case

Good Post !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lumberton Raiders

Sept. 11 Silsbee  loss....................MAKE THAT A WIN, The Village Creek Shootout is back.

Sept. 18 OPEN

Oct. 2 Vidor*  loss...................Can we get this monkey off our back finally? I say bring on Veederville, the only red carfpet you're getting may be from a few bloody noses, look for a war on this game.

Oct. 9 @ Beaumont Central*  loss.......Toss up, but I think we're gonna take this one.

Nov. 6 Nederland*  loss..........Come on now, this past year the forgot to Wareall their athletic supporter  :o And the passing attack from Mr. Bellows reminded me of cube steak....all smothered and yet we were missing our own beast in the game. L-Town pounds another one out, Win.

Aggie, I'm duty bound to come in and correct your mistakes....... ;)

So in my humble opinion I said it once and I just have to say it again.........

Shared by Three, Shared by Two, this time share with No one!!!! L-Town all the way......   ;D

Lumberton Raiders

Sept. 11 Silsbee  loss

Sept. 18 OPEN

Oct. 2 Vidor*  loss

Nov. 6 Nederland*  loss

I don't think the Raiders will lose to Silsbee.  But then again I know you are biased just like I am.  When was the last time Silsbee beat Lumberton?  Had to be in the 90's.

Lumberton Raiders

Sept. 11 Silsbee  loss

Sept. 18 OPEN

Oct. 2 Vidor*  loss

Nov. 6 Nederland*  loss

I don't think the Raiders will lose to Silsbee.  But then again I know you are biased just like I am.  When was the last time Silsbee beat Lumberton?  Had to be in the 90's.

'99 was the last time Silsbee beat Lumberton. Lumberton has a current win streak of 4 games but these two teams have not played each other since '03.

The overall record is 15-5 in Silsbee's favor. Silsbee has scored 598 points and given up 206, averaging about 30 points a game while giving up just 10 all time against Lumberton. Silsbee has 8 shutouts against the Raiders while Lumberton has recorded 1.

They have played just 8 times since '92, splitting those 8 games. They played 12 seasons in a row from '78 to '89, the first 12 years these two teams started playing each other, and Silsbee won 11 out of the 12. They have since only played the 8 times in the last 18 seasons.

Silsbee will stop that win streak this year. ;)

Beaumont Schools?  I can't speak for Ozen, but I know we was smacking Livingston around for most of the game.  Yall had to rely on heroic efforts from yall's blue chipper (he did do his thing in that second half) to squeak out a win against Central. 

What I meant by surprising Dayton was folks on this board were predicting scores 55-0,49-0, and even worse.

We had the lead a halftime and had a chance to pull off the improbable right up to the last on side kick.

As for Beaumont schools what  I meant was 20-4A in general we whipped every one on em except Lumberton in the Hurrican hangover game.

Just remember two names Soulja De De Rushing and KeKe Johnson!!!!!!! If you havent't heard of before they will rudely introduce themselves on Friday nights this fall.

It does seem Bronco fans are the onlt ones who gave Livingston their due after that playoff game last year.

Yea well maybe, funny thing is everytime a team is moved into 20-4a from outside the golden triangle they DOMINATE you guys I mean like just look at the beat down Dayton put on NED a few years back I mean that was awful.

Having huge fan bases and rich traditions won't win games for the golden triangle squads not when your trying to compete with them country boys from Dayton and Livingston!!!!!

Posters on this site make it worse when when they keep firing off these predictions of Livingston finishing 6th that's laughable when are you guy's gonna realize that Dayton and Livingston have been punking ya'll out for the last three or four years.

I mean it is so bad that PNG fired their coach and had to go all the way to Odessa Permian to try and find a coach that could slow down dem Lions and Broncos.

Let the smack talk begin!!!!

Guest BIG HOUSE

Lionfan,

there was no disrespect meant, Livingston had a very good season, but the L-Town D-Line would have dominated your

Lions in every game..Thats just a fact. Now the Lions did put some beat downs on some other district teams.... :)

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Lionfan,

there was no disrespect meant, Livingston had a very good season, but the L-Town D-Line would have dominated your

Lions in every game..Thats just a fact. Now the Lions did put some beat downs on some other district teams.... :)

I'm going to have to agree with BIG HOUSE....

They can try and blame the loss against Lumberton from a Hurricane hangover but that game wasn't even close at all. Our starters were being pulled midway through the 3rd quarter and if I remember Livingston's offense had like 47 yards of total offense going into the 4th quarter or something very close to that. Lumberton didn't have a hangover but Livingston did?  ???

What I meant by surprising Dayton was folks on this board were predicting scores 55-0,49-0, and even worse.

We had the lead a halftime and had a chance to pull off the improbable right up to the last on side kick.

As for Beaumont schools what  I meant was 20-4A in general we whipped every one on em except Lumberton in the Hurrican hangover game.

Just remember two names Soulja De De Rushing and KeKe Johnson!!!!!!! If you havent't heard of before they will rudely introduce themselves on Friday nights this fall.

It does seem Bronco fans are the onlt ones who gave Livingston their due after that playoff game last year.

Whipped us, huh?  Your a funny dude! 

Lionfan,

I'm going to have to agree with BIG HOUSE....

They can try and blame the loss against Lumberton from a Hurricane hangover but that game wasn't even close at all. Our starters were being pulled midway through the 3rd quarter and if I remember Livingston's offense had like 47 yards of total offense going into the 4th quarter or something very close to that. Lumberton didn't have a hangover but Livingston did?  ???

Lionfan, I can't help but look up historical information when the mood strikes me. Just a note for you, Livingston and Lumberton have met 19 times since Lumberton High School was established and I have bad news bud. One of the few teams L-Town has a winning record against is yours, in 19 games Lumberton has won 12 times, Livingston has won 7 times. Four of the games could be called blowouts (including last years) and in that category, the teams are even with two each. By the way, thanks to WOS87 for all the work he does on the history.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder