Ozen Still Hasn't Hired?

Guest spinks

I have caught the tail end of this argument but HJ beat Central at HJ in 1997 and then played them to the buzzer at Central in 98.  Boys Basketball.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Fine.....take one BISD school.......ANY of them.......HJ has 650 kids in the HS........how many does your school of choice have in it?

The smallest would have to be Central....They have about 1400 students...Please keep in mind that Houston Yates has about 1000 kids in their school and in boys basketball, would beat Westbrook by 50 and they have well over 2500 students there....Understand that counsel Nos.....Enrollment a minor detail in this case, although somewhat relevent, still minor. 8)

Guest nostradamus

So an enrollment of DOUBLE doesn't have an effect?  That doubles our chances of having 2 Trey Burrell's, 2 Jarvis Benards, 2 Ryan Donahoes, 2 Jacoby Turners, 2 Phillip Ricossas, 2 Garrett Gustafsons, 2 Duane Durleys and so on......I'd say it is a significant difference.

And lets not mention Yates......you know that 1000 enrollment doesn't tell the whole story.

Guest stevenash

Central has only been around since '87 and I don't remember a "L" ever from HJ!  An I mean EVER!

I don't remember the exact year, but I attended a HJ-Central game at HJ and HJ won.

Sorry your honor some of us actually had to work this morning!!!! :D :D

As a matter of fact Central does have Tennis and Golf.  I for one would know as I played on the Central golf team for the Fall semester of my Freshman year and then wised up and moved to HJ in the Spring semester of my freshman year.  I also agree that HJ beat Central at HJ in 1997.

Fine.....take one BISD school.......ANY of them.......HJ has 650 kids in the HS........how many does your school of choice have in it?

The smallest would have to be Central....They have about 1400 students...Please keep in mind that Houston Yates has about 1000 kids in their school and in boys basketball, would beat Westbrook by 50 and they have well over 2500 students there....Understand that counsel Nos.....Enrollment a minor detail in this case, although somewhat relevent, still minor. 8)

'97?  Though I don't remember this loss and I was in school there at the time, I will say OK but would like proof.  That was Coach Greens first year ther and he went with all Sophmores and Juniors starting and barely played the seniors.  No excuse because I don't remember the loss!

98? I don't remember a wire game here either and I did not miss a game that season, except for the Dr. Pepper Tourny in Dallas!  But if you say so!That was the year Central went to State...  I don't remember any close game with a local except for Westbrook.  I remember beating 4A Silsbee, Loincoln and Jefferson by a bunch.  Lincoln went to State that year too!  I think Kountze was there too... And yall played us close, huh?

Guest DickVitale

So an enrollment of DOUBLE doesn't have an effect?  That doubles our chances of having 2 Trey Burrell's, 2 Jarvis Benards, 2 Ryan Donahoes, 2 Jacoby Turners, 2 Phillip Ricossas, 2 Garrett Gustafsons, 2 Duane Durleys and so on......I'd say it is a significant difference.

And lets not mention Yates......you know that 1000 enrollment doesn't tell the whole story.

Please DO TELL the WHOLE Story.....How is that situation different than yours? That was a valid example, was it not? What whole story are you speking of?

'97?  Though I don't remember this loss and I was in school there at the time, I will say OK but would like proof.  That was Coach Greens first year ther and he went with all Sophmores and Juniors starting and barely played the seniors.  No excuse because I don't remember the loss!

98? I don't remember a wire game here either and I did not miss a game that season, except for the Dr. Pepper Tourny in Dallas!  But if you say so!That was the year Central went to State...  I don't remember any close game with a local except for Westbrook.  I remember beating 4A Silsbee, Loincoln and Jefferson by a bunch.  Lincoln went to State that year too!  I think Kountze was there too... And yall played us close, huh?

I must interject here too counsel shortt...Central got lucky and went to Austin on a 60 foot shot, only to get the day lights beat out of them by Duncanville in 1999, not 1998.... ::)...please continue. 8)

Guest spinks

I played in both games in 97 and 98.  Skip Jackson made a 3 pointer at the buzzer in 97 to make it a one point win for us and we were down double digits at the half in 98 at Central and closed it to a 2 point game with about 3 minutes to go and ended up losing.  I do not know what kind of proof you want but that is about as good as I can do.

I will admit (and I have already in another thread) that I may have been a little too harsh in my comments on the administration at BISD. But, like short said, this particular subject is a definite blackeye on the district, ain't no denying that.

I will say this though. My personal dealings with BISD has left me unimpressed with their administration. I have to deal with many of the local school districts in working out the arrangements for broadcasting games. The ONLY school district that was difficult to work with was BISD. It seemed every time I called to the administration building, it seemed one person didn't know what the other was doing. No one could give me a direct answer. All the other school districts that I have dealt with were pretty swift and decisive on what info I needed and who to contact. They were more than helpful.

I found that working with BISD, that I had to go to the campus admins to get any answers and still they would mostly refer me back to the district administration. It was a circus most of the time.

Like I said, these are just my personal dealings with BISD. I know that there are some very quality people that work for this district, but I am not so sure of the top dogs.

You guys can now continue your debate on HJ vs. BISD in athletics.

hold your horses there...coach greens first year team was 98 and we did not lose to HJ. ROSCOE AND TROY was on that team and we spanked them

Please DO TELL the WHOLE Story.....How is that situation different than yours? That was a valid example, was it not? What whole story are you speking of?

I must interject here too counsel shortt...Central got lucky and went to Austin on a 60 foot shot, only to get the day lights beat out of them by Duncanville in 1999, not 1998.... ::)...please continue. 8)

That shot was not all that Lucky... it was a tied game going into a third over time if he did not make that shot.  Duncanville was a better team by far and they routed the championship game too!  In fact they one basketball, football, and baseball that year... Man what a year.

Guest spinks

hold your horses there...coach greens first year team was 98 and we did not lose to HJ. ROSCOE AND TROY was on that team and we spanked them

You spanked no one.  You lost in 97 and we played you close in 98.  Trust me.

Guest DickVitale

I will admit (and I have already in another thread) that I may have been a little too harsh in my comments on the administration at BISD. But, like short said, this particular subject is a definite blackeye on the district, ain't no denying that.

I will say this though. My personal dealings with BISD has left me unimpressed with their administration. I have to deal with many of the local school districts in working out the arrangements for broadcasting games. The ONLY school district that was difficult to work with was BISD. It seemed every time I called to the administration building, it seemed one person didn't know what the other was doing. No one could give me a direct answer. All the other school districts that I have dealt with were pretty swift and decisive on what info I needed and who to contact. They were more than helpful.

I found that working with BISD, that I had to go to the campus admins to get any answers and still they would mostly refer me back to the district administration. It was a circus most of the time.

Like I said, these are just my personal dealings with BISD. I know that there are some very quality people that work for this district, but I am not so sure of the top dogs.

I think that usually in larger districts, meaning the districts that have more than one high school, management is more site based. Yes they SHOULD know the ins and outs, but it is a bit difficult with so many schools to deal with, which is why certain decisions are campus based in larger school districts...Good points though and they are understood...you may step down...thank you... ;)

You spanked no one.  You lost in 97 and we played you close in 98.  Trust me.

no trust me..... i was on those teams and it wasnt close at all nor did we lose

This is more like it... Green got there in 96-97....  The 97-98 team was one shot away from the regional tourny (lucky them Dickie V); then 98-99 team was ice water.

Guest DickVitale

(banging the gavel) ORDER IN THE COURT!! Did HJ beat Central in 97 or not? we have conflicting statements from former players stating otherwise...What happened in the 97 game? Witness bacbone9? I want THE TRUTH!!! 8)

I think that usually in larger districts, meaning the districts that have more than one high school, management is more site based. Yes they SHOULD know the ins and outs, but it is a bit difficult with so many schools to deal with, which is why certain decisions are campus based in larger school districts...Good points though and they are understood...you may step down...thank you... ;)

I agree here Dickie... This is the only local district with more than one High school.  So of course it is a littel diffent that the surrounding districts.  

This is more like it... Green got there in 96-97....  The 97-98 team was one shot away from the regional tourny (lucky them Dickie V); then 98-99 team was ice water.

correction: Green got there in 97-98. Saveat was the coach 96-97

(banging the gavel) ORDER IN THE COURT!! Did HJ beat Central in 97 or not? we have conflicting statements from former players stating otherwise...What happened in the 97 game? Witness bacbone9? I want THE TRUTH!!! 8)

i remember because that was my first game back for chicken pox. that game was close but central won by 6. i still got the game tape. and in 98 we won by 17 at central

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed