Ozen Still Hasn't Hired?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

Welcome back DV!!  Seems to me that no other board can challenge you the way this one does AND that's why you can't stay away.

I knew you couldn't stay away. ::)

Sounds to me like you WANTED me to stay away.

There you go reading into things again. I never WANTED you to leave in the first place but I also knew that you would be back. Heard it before. ::)

It would not have mattered to me if you had stayed gone or never left, things would have kept going with or without you.

How long you planning to stay this time? ::) ;D

DV,  as a friend and former co-worker of Saveat maybe you could answer this for me.

WHY THE HELL WOULD HE WANT THE JOB NOW??? 

Man this is a direct slap in his face and IMO, as a long-term asst and teach at Ozen, should have earned more respect than has been shown by the board.  I truely think he deserves better than this.  Like someone said earlier, if I were him, I would be calling my old friend running the PA Memorial. 

(And I know some will argue that its a dream job, but for me self respect is bigger than any job.)

Hey guys, I have held my silence long enough! Yes I am back on, and I HAD to speak on this topic. Hopefully, I can come back on and provide insight on certain things and not be such a villain on here.  Now:

1) This is a CLASSIC example of a school district that has been divided by a board and their personalities. Savaet was called and told that he was going to be announced as head coach at the board meeting because USUALLY board members do not REALLY get into the hiring process as they have. NORMALLY they go with the people who have gone through the actual process, and approve it. NORMALLY.  These guys REALLY feel like THEY are the ones to make the hire. They should conduct the interviews then. They are as uneducated in this process as the school custodian, yet they are able to make this sort of call on such a big hire. ITS JUST WRONG.

2) Everyone is proclaiming that Joubert is the guy for the spot, and not only is that unfair to him, but its not accurate.  The principal urged a couple of board members to re-consider, because Joubert had not put his name in for the job. THATS the REAL hold up.  People in the coaching community knew that Marquis Savaet was the guy for the job, which is why most coaches just backed off. A few decided to test the waters and see what would happen, which is OK too.  As a friend and former co-worker of Marquis, its just something that as a coach, I would never do, but thats just me. To each, his own. 

I am certain that for a lot of coaches, Ozen would be a dream job. However, its not a job that EVERYONE can handle. Don't believe me? Just ask a couple of football coaches that have come and gone. Remember when everyone thought that Thomas Brooks was the answer? All they had to do was leave Arthur Louis alone and the football program would have continued to thrive. BISD apparently has not learned from that lesson. That fact that Savaet has been there, been through the storm as interim coach, and if you ask anyone, 14-2, with a district title, and a quarterfinal round appearance is not too shabby, given the personnel and circumstances. It will be an absolute failure on the part of BISD if they don't do the right thing.

The board does have the right to accept or reject any candidate. That is their job just as it is the custodians job to clean---like it or not DickyV that is part of the process.

Absolutely, it IS their right, but what is the reason here? Savaet went 14-2, and held up the program in the absence of a legend.  He is a great person, a good coach, and has paid his dues IN BISD!...WHY would the board exercise that right in THIS situation? PERSONAL AXES TO GRIND. UNPROFESSIONAL.

He may be the perfect choice and I do not know their reasons but I would hope they are not personal in nature. I would say that they are called "trustees" for a reason and any board that just rubber stamps the administration should disband itself and go home.

Guest DickVitale

I think the BISD boad are forum readers and they saw us naming TW. Now Joubert may be called into the mix.

For what? Because the principal wants him? Whats the Athletic Director supposed to do then? Hire Assistant Principals?  ::) ::)

I think the BISD boad are forum readers and they saw us naming TW. Now Joubert may be called into the mix.

For what? Because the principal wants him? Whats the Athletic Director supposed to do then? Hire Assistant Principals?  ::) ::)

yeaaa dickie V back...now for the subject matter. i think joubert will get it. a close source put me on game

Guest DickVitale

yeaaa dickie V back...now for the subject matter. i think joubert will get it. a close source put me on game

What makes him a better candidate than Savaet? really.....

NUTHIN HONEY!

Im not saying nothing bad about any of the coaches that are up for the job,but why not hire someone thats already there and know the kids and he did win coach of the year. what more can you ask for in a coach?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245