Ozen Still Hasn't Hired?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit (and I have already in another thread) that I may have been a little too harsh in my comments on the administration at BISD. But, like short said, this particular subject is a definite blackeye on the district, ain't no denying that.

I will say this though. My personal dealings with BISD has left me unimpressed with their administration. I have to deal with many of the local school districts in working out the arrangements for broadcasting games. The ONLY school district that was difficult to work with was BISD. It seemed every time I called to the administration building, it seemed one person didn't know what the other was doing. No one could give me a direct answer. All the other school districts that I have dealt with were pretty swift and decisive on what info I needed and who to contact. They were more than helpful.

I found that working with BISD, that I had to go to the campus admins to get any answers and still they would mostly refer me back to the district administration. It was a circus most of the time.

Like I said, these are just my personal dealings with BISD. I know that there are some very quality people that work for this district, but I am not so sure of the top dogs.

You guys can now continue your debate on HJ vs. BISD in athletics.

I think that usually in larger districts, meaning the districts that have more than one high school, management is more site based. Yes they SHOULD know the ins and outs, but it is a bit difficult with so many schools to deal with, which is why certain decisions are campus based in larger school districts...Good points though and they are understood...you may step down...thank you... ;)

I agree here Dickie... This is the only local district with more than one High school.  So of course it is a littel diffent that the surrounding districts.  

I am not denying that BISD is not different from the other local districts. They still should be able to give me basic info that I reasonably need when arranging a broadcast. Most of the time, all I got was, "I don't know, ask him." Round and Round.

Guest DickVitale

DV,

The Yates situation would be better discussed privately.

OK counsel, fair enough....Come to my chambers and tell me all about it..(PM me!)  ;)

(banging the gavel) ORDER IN THE COURT!! Did HJ beat Central in 97 or not? we have conflicting statements from former players stating otherwise...What happened in the 97 game? Witness bacbone9? I want THE TRUTH!!! 8)

I want THE TRUTH!!!

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Saw THAT ONE coming.... :D

i remember because that was my first game back for chicken pox. that game was close but central won by 6. i still got the game tape. and in 98 we won by 17 at central

I need to see that tape....the HJ team in 97 struggled due to the loss of Spears the year before, right? I don't see that team beating Central.

Guest DickVitale

I certainly dont remember a double digit loss to anyone except Humble and Duncanville in '98!

Counsel shortt, if I have to tell you one more time!! Central took that whipping to Duncanville in 1999 NOT 1998! AND Duncanville got BEAT in the title game in 1999....They won it all in 98...I know I taught you better than that counsel shortt!! 8)

Oh, and on this subject of '97 and '98, neither HJ or Central beat Silsbee in basketball those years. ;) ;D

All I know is that neither of them beat Silsbee in 1996 either! They were undefeated and........CHOKED in the FIRST ROUND of the playoffs!!!!!!  ;D ;D..( I had to do it AAW) :D

Guest DickVitale

Oh, and on this subject of '97 and '98, neither HJ or Central beat Silsbee in basketball those years. ;) ;D

Silsbee was 4A and tough... They went regular season undefeated in '98.  But we talking a 3A HJ knocking off a talented Central squad!

Shortt you are TERRIBLE at remembering years!! That was in 1996! Do you remember your wedding date? LOL Your wife will knock you out if you forget that one!!! :D

I certainly dont remember a double digit loss to anyone except Humble and Duncanville in '98!

Counsel shortt, if I have to tell you one more time!! Central took that whipping to Duncanville in 1999 NOT 1998! AND Duncanville got BEAT in the title game in 1999....They won it all in 98...I know I taught you better than that counsel shortt!! 8)

All I know is that neither of them beat Silsbee in 1996 either! They were undefeated and........CHOKED in the FIRST ROUND of the playoffs!!!!!!  ;D ;D..( I had to do it AAW) :D

It wasn't '96 that they went undefeated, it was '98. But yes, that nationally ranked, #1 in state undefeated team bowed out in the first round.

Guest spinks

Those years that you guys say HJ won was some of Centrals best years ever.  They were ranked in State both years... And you telling me that they had a 17 point loss to a 3A school and were rank?  No!  They were ranked as high as 15 in 97-98 and as high a 9 98-99 by the TABC

I am going to tell you guys one more time. HJ BEAT CENTRAL IN 1996-97 at HJ by ONE POINT.  Skip Jackson made a half court 3 pointer at the buzzer to make it a 1 point game.  IN 1997-98 we lost at Central and it was a 2 point game with 5 minutes to go.  I do not remember the final margin.  That is the truth.  SORRY!

Dickie... I was speaking of the 98 -99 season!

Duncanville won it all in '99... They won the triple crown that year... That was Skpi and Dubis senior season...  I graduated in '98, I know!

Guest DickVitale

'98 champs was kimbal over northshore!

NO. Just checked it..in 98 MIDLAND beat SA TAFT, and in 1999 Duncanville beat Kimball and in 2000  Duncanville lost to Klein Forest by 30!

Guest nostradamus

I would like to refute short's points regarding Duncanville.  Per UIL, Duncanville won the football and basketball state championship in the 1998-1999 school year BUT, they did not win the baseball state championship.  They were defeated 13-2 in the finals.  This proves that short's information is incorrect and proves that he is "shooting from the hip" in this conversation.  This should invalidate any "facts", "stats", or "scores" that he has mentioned to this point or in the future. ;D

'98 champs was kimbal over northshore!

NO. Just checked it..in 98 MIDLAND beat SA TAFT, and in 1999 Duncanville beat Kimball and in 2000  Duncanville lost to Klein Forest by 30!

No sir... in 2000 TJ Ford won it all!  And in 2001!  But HJ did not beat Central any of those years and I am determined to find the proof!

Guest DickVitale

Thats right....Duncanville lost in the SEMI FINALS to Klein Forest by 30 that year (2000)...And for trying to outsmart me, your motion is DENIED!!...Counsel Nostradamus, your point is taken and you may proceed! 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami