Ozen Still Hasn't Hired?

I don't understand why some of you guys are making such a big fuss. Some of us were alreading saying that another particular coach was being seriously considered for the job. Something happened to that coach and now theres another name in the pot.

Dove, the real reason they are having difficulty with the hiring process is that all of the prospective candidates have found out what a force HF will be in the 2013-2015 season and they don't want to risk the chance of playing second fiddle.

Bad news, me hear several of the players from this squad will transfer to other schools to play ball :(

Doubt that will happen.  And it wont help, all coaches in BMT on the same level now... Well except for that one in the West.  All these guys will be young whipper snappers if Saveat comes back, all have someting to prove, and all are not yet GREAT!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Rumor: DeCarlos Frank may transfer to a private school in Houston and live at Perk's house in Tomball or with the head coach....... ::) ::) ::).....kidding  8).....hmmmmmm...maybe not a bad idea though!!!! :D

Rumor: DeCarlos Frank may transfer to a private school in Houston and live at Perk's house in Tomball or with the head coach....... ::) ::) ::).....kidding  8).....hmmmmmm...maybe not a bad idea though!!!! :D

They way I see it Dicky, if a private school is allowed to recruit, then by all means, recruit.

Guest DickVitale

Yeah , I hear you on that, but the only thing that people don't realize is that the admission standards are in place as far as academics go, and they only get harder from freshman to senior transfers....HOWEVER, MY job duties at the school include college prep counseling AND student recruitment.. ;) ;)...Also it helps that the admissions director is an avid athletics supporter! Probably MORE than avid! :D...There are great kids already in place there, but I want to expand on that as much as possible. Our school is within a 2 mile radius of 5 PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS and 6 PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOLS! We sit RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE! Great location...We are going UIL regardless of the legislative vote too, so I had better get to work on as many kids as possible! 8)

Yeah , I hear you on that, but the only thing that people don't realize is that the admission standards are in place as far as academics go, and they only get harder from freshman to senior transfers....HOWEVER, MY job duties at the school include college prep counseling AND student recruitment.. ;) ;)...Also it helps that the admissions director is an avid athletics supporter! Probably MORE than avid! :D...There are great kids already in place there, but I want to expand on that as much as possible. Our school is within a 2 mile radius of 5 PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS and 6 PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOLS! We sit RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE! Great location...We are going UIL regardless of the legislative vote too, so I had better get to work on as many kids as possible! 8)

Good luck!

Oh, do you care to elaborate on what 5 public high schools you are talking about?

I don't understand why some of you guys are making such a big fuss. Some of us were alreading saying that another particular coach was being seriously considered for the job. Something happened to that coach and now theres another name in the pot.

Dove, the real reason they are having difficulty with the hiring process is that all of the prospective candidates have found out what a force HF will be in the 2013-2015 season and they don't want to risk the chance of playing second fiddle.

Bad news, me hear several of the players from this squad will transfer to other schools to play ball :(

Doubt that will happen.  And it wont help, all coaches in BMT on the same level now... Well except for that one in the West.  All these guys will be young whipper snappers if Saveat comes back, all have someting to prove, and all are not yet GREAT!

Ooops! Sorry, I was responding to Stevie *shameless* Nash's comments and referring to HF kids

Good luck!

Oh, do you care to elaborate on what 5 public high schools you are talking about?

Hmm? Let me take a crack. I may miss one or two. Bellaire (of course), Westbury, Sharpstown, Memorial (?), Madison. Wait a minute! Man, you're right by the loop, easy mode of transportation by car and bus.

d. frank is a program killer he needs to leave  dosent go to class ,cusses teachers, etc...

Guest DickVitale

Good luck!

Thats no secret...Waltrip, Washington, Eisenhower, Reagan, and Lamar.....Then about another 5 miles away you have Kashmere, Scarborough and Aldine and not far from that you could also possibly lure a WHEATLEY kid or two... ;)...I am ALL OVER IT, too! I dont even want the MAIN guys, really, either....Just the ones who may not be happy about their place in the line up or program..... 8) I want to get some NUMBERS, then turn them into some QUALITY TAPPS depth!

Good luck!

Thats no secret...Waltrip, Washington, Eisenhower, Reagan, and Lamar.....Then about another 5 miles away you have Kashmere, Scarborough and Aldine and not far from that you could also possibly lure a WHEATLEY kid or two... ;)...I am ALL OVER IT, too! I dont even want the MAIN guys, really, either....Just the ones who may not be happy about their place in the line up or program..... 8) I want to get some NUMBERS, then turn them into some QUALITY TAPPS depth!

Man Bluedove, you were way off on your list of schools. You sure you're from Houston?

d. frank is a program killer he needs to leave  dosent go to class ,cusses teachers, etc...

I am sorry to hear, but that is exactly what I have been told by several people in the know at Ozen about this kid.

I am sorry to hear, but that is exactly what I have been told by several people in the know at Ozen about this kid.

its true....i witnessed it for myself..really embarrassing

Good luck!

Man Bluedove, you were way off on your list of schools. You sure you're from Houston?

See, this si what happens when you stay away from the *hood* a long time. For the life of me, I could not think of any inner city schools. Memorial, Bellaire, etc; I need my *azz* whipped

Guest DickVitale

See they allow that crap in BISD, if that happened at HJ then the player would be gone!!!!!!!!  Regardless of who the player was!!!  You want respect, you better show respect!!!!!!!!

Once again I dont know that you can blanket that statement on BISD. First of all that would never happen under Boutte's watch. NEVER. Its all dependant upon whatthe coaching staff will tolerate and I KNOW that type of behavior is not tolerated by him or me either, for that matter. Boutte had to discipline him earlier in the year for some things, but I just dont think it was due to lack of respect for adults. I watched him kick his BEST player off of the team at Lincoln for disrespecting a teacher on campus and ended up at state without him. So I think its all up to the staff in place, and not really the district unless the infractions are truly that serious...This about Frank is all hearsay at this point.

Didn't DV say awhile back - to the effect - its a done deal - no discussion - Seveat is the man.  What happened Mr. "Insider"?

If you read the threads, the job WAS offered to Savaet last Thursday. BISD just allowed politics to get in the way due to the discontent of a few people in the loop...Maybe 1 or 2 to be exact. Give me a break, I just know a lot of people, I used to work in that district, at that school.... I am not on the BISD board! (thank God for that!  :D)

Thats okay, he can sit on the sidelines with all the players who had potential at the local park or Melton Y

Guest DickVitale

Thats okay, he can sit on the sidelines with all the players who had potential at the local park or Melton Y

OR he could transfer to a private school in Houston coached by his former coach's (Boutte) protege'...... ::) ::)...Maybe HE can get him right as Boutte would.... ::) ::)... :D

See they allow that crap in BISD, if that happened at HJ then the player would be gone!!!!!!!!  Regardless of who the player was!!!  You want respect, you better show respect!!!!!!!!

Once again I dont know that you can blanket that statement on BISD. First of all that would never happen under Boutte's watch. NEVER. Its all dependant upon whatthe coaching staff will tolerate and I KNOW that type of behavior is not tolerated by him or me either, for that matter. Boutte had to discipline him earlier in the year for some things, but I just dont think it was due to lack of respect for adults. I watched him kick his BEST player off of the team at Lincoln for disrespecting a teacher on campus and ended up at state without him. So I think its all up to the staff in place, and not really the district unless the infractions are truly that serious...This about Frank is all hearsay at this point.

Didn't DV say awhile back - to the effect - its a done deal - no discussion - Seveat is the man.  What happened Mr. "Insider"?

If you read the threads, the job WAS offered to Savaet last Thursday. BISD just allowed politics to get in the way due to the discontent of a few people in the loop...Maybe 1 or 2 to be exact. Give me a break, I just know a lot of people, I used to work in that district, at that school.... I am not on the BISD board! (thank God for that!  :D)

Hmmm, these statements lead me to believe that contrary to what you have said, DV, that Saveat may not be the best fit for Ozen. If he cannot handle this type player, he shouldn't have the reigns to this team.

Guest DickVitale

No, Marquis can handle it...I think the pressure of having to win to permenently get the job, may have contributed to some of his decision making last season.

OR he could transfer to a private school in Houston coached by his former coach's (Boutte) protege'...... ::) ::)...Maybe HE can get him right as Boutte would.... ::) ::)... :D

Without getting too personal, I seem to have heard from very reliable sources that a certain business advisor tried to get this kid to Houston and start a new life, but the kid didn't want any part. of it.

Very dissapointed in you for this statement...  You have not heard about this happenning in the past, but one bad apple (if it is true) defines BISD??? You guys are out of site...  There is not much to deal with at HJ as BMT has... You cannot compare the kids of one demographic all going toone 3A school, to kids of different demographics at 3 different big schools.  HJISD has no place comparing itself to BISD!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder