Ozen Still Hasn't Hired?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joubert has established himself as a long-time winner, and I think he's going to be successful wherever he coaches.  He played for HJ on their '91 state championship team, so he's gotta be good.   :D  I hope he stays at Kountze and doesn't get in the middle of a potential messy situation. 

Joubert has established himself as a long-time winner, and I think he's going to be successful where ever he coaches.  He played for HJ on their '91 state championship team, so he's gotta be good.   :D  I hope he stays at Kountze and doesn't get in the middle of a potential messy situation. 

i feel what you saying,he's a good guy but it would be a shame if they dont hire saveat

I think the BISD boad are forum readers and they saw us naming TW. Now Joubert may be called into the mix.

For what? Because the principal wants him? Whats the Athletic Director supposed to do then? Hire Assistant Principals?  ::) ::)

yeaaa dickie V back...now for the subject matter. i think joubert will get it. a close source put me on game

What makes him a better candidate than Savaet? really.....

NUTHIN HONEY!

how many state championships has Savet won as a head coach ummmmmmm ?

Joubert is  better by far ! One interim season with Boutes kids does not make him head coach material.

I think the BISD boad are forum readers and they saw us naming TW. Now Joubert may be called into the mix.

For what? Because the principal wants him? Whats the Athletic Director supposed to do then? Hire Assistant Principals?  ::) ::)

yeaaa dickie V back...now for the subject matter. i think joubert will get it. a close source put me on game

What makes him a better candidate than Savaet? really.....

NUTHIN HONEY!

how many state championships has Savet won as a head coach ummmmmmm ?

Joubert is  better by far ! One interim season with Boutes kids does not make him head coach material.

this is not a debate about who's better. the fact is saveat would be a better fit because he knows the kids,been around them, coached them, won with them,...why not hire him

DV, I'll go back to this question:  Why would Saveat want the job now?  

Even if he gets the job, the TERRIBLE admin at BISD has shown they have no loyalty to him even though he's been a long term coach and teach in their school district with all the credentials to hold this job.    

Its really embarrassing how bad this school district (that i pay taxes for) has screwed up such an easy process.  

I've got it................some Ozen faithful do not think that a small 2A or 3A school coach is ready for the dramatics that a big time 4A school like Ozen requires.

Anyone can win and anyone can fail at this position.........does not matter if they have been in the situation or not.

Guest DickVitale

Its like I have said though...EVERYONE can't coach at Ozen....Sometimes its best to stay where you are...I just got word that the job is Joubert's to turn down....Great guy, good coach....Savaet is the better FIT for Ozen...Good luck to whoever gets it...Its going to be a rough situation either way, and I am with Icky in saying that I am not sure if I would even WANT the job if I were Savaet...

Guest spinks

Its like I have said though...EVERYONE can't coach at Ozen....Sometimes its best to stay where you are...I just got word that the job is Joubert's to turn down....Great guy, good coach....Savaet is the better FIT for Ozen...Good luck to whoever gets it...Its going to be a rough situation either way, and I am with Icky in saying that I am not sure if I would even WANT the job if I were Savaet...

WOWWWWWWW!  Unreal.

I had heard that Joubert was the reason that the decision was delayed and that the job was back open so it makes sense that the job would be offered to him.  I am a friend of Duane's and hope that he get's it if he wants it, but BISD has made a bad name for themselves on their process!!!

Guest DickVitale

Update: They will possibly VOTE on the two candidates to decide....NOT select, but VOTE....Board members, supt. (will be the deciding vote if tied), and AD....VOTE....How about that? This means that this will be a POLITICAL HIRE in every sense of the word. Just heard this news. WOW. This is supposed to be a SELECTION PROCESS.  ::)...This has turned into a real mess!

Ask Henderson at Memorial how his first stint in Big school ball turned out.  He won a State championship at Mexia, went to Lincoln and couldn't beg for a good season, and he had some talent.  They ran him out of there quick and gamble took those same kids to State.  Henderson needed time to prepare himself for Big school competition and Big community expectations.  Joubert will have to deal with that too.

I wish the best for both canidates, the admin, and the kids... I hope this turns out better than its has started!

Guest tigersvoice

Update: They will possibly VOTE on the two candidates to decide....NOT select, but VOTE....Board members, supt. (will be the deciding vote if tied), and AD....VOTE....How about that? This means that this will be a POLITICAL HIRE in every sense of the word. Just heard this news. WOW. This is supposed to be a SELECTION PROCESS.  ::)...This has turned into a real mess!

So now they have usurped the AD's job.  Looks like both Saveat's might want to dust off their resumes. :(

Guest tigersvoice

I don't understand why some of you guys are making such a big fuss. Some of us were alreading saying that another particular coach was being seriously considered for the job. Something happened to that coach and now theres another name in the pot.

I know, Blue - you generally always have THE WORD first.  But some of us were expecting BISD to somehow come around and do the right thing this time.  Well, still waiting; not this time.

Guest stevenash

I don't understand why some of you guys are making such a big fuss. Some of us were alreading saying that another particular coach was being seriously considered for the job. Something happened to that coach and now theres another name in the pot.

Dove, the real reason they are having difficulty with the hiring process is that all of the prospective candidates have found out what a force HF will be in the 2013-2015 season and they don't want to risk the chance of playing second fiddle.

Guest DickVitale

i don't understand how the job is jouberts to turn down i didn't even see his name on the list of coaches that applied am i missing something

Uhhhhh....YEAH!! The fact that Joubert is in the mix has been the talk on here for about a week now!! 8) Read all of the other threads about the "Ozen job", bro... ;)

Dove, the real reason they are having difficulty with the hiring process is that all of the prospective candidates have found out what a force HF will be in the 2013-2015 season and they don't want to risk the chance of playing second fiddle.

Bad news, me hear several of the players from this squad will transfer to other schools to play ball :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder