Ozen Still Hasn't Hired?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Hey guys, I have held my silence long enough! Yes I am back on, and I HAD to speak on this topic. Hopefully, I can come back on and provide insight on certain things and not be such a villain on here.  Now:

1) This is a CLASSIC example of a school district that has been divided by a board and their personalities. Savaet was called and told that he was going to be announced as head coach at the board meeting because USUALLY board members do not REALLY get into the hiring process as they have. NORMALLY they go with the people who have gone through the actual process, and approve it. NORMALLY.  These guys REALLY feel like THEY are the ones to make the hire. They should conduct the interviews then. They are as uneducated in this process as the school custodian, yet they are able to make this sort of call on such a big hire. ITS JUST WRONG.

2) Everyone is proclaiming that Joubert is the guy for the spot, and not only is that unfair to him, but its not accurate.  The principal urged a couple of board members to re-consider, because Joubert had not put his name in for the job. THATS the REAL hold up.  People in the coaching community knew that Marquis Savaet was the guy for the job, which is why most coaches just backed off. A few decided to test the waters and see what would happen, which is OK too.  As a friend and former co-worker of Marquis, its just something that as a coach, I would never do, but thats just me. To each, his own. 

I am certain that for a lot of coaches, Ozen would be a dream job. However, its not a job that EVERYONE can handle. Don't believe me? Just ask a couple of football coaches that have come and gone. Remember when everyone thought that Thomas Brooks was the answer? All they had to do was leave Arthur Louis alone and the football program would have continued to thrive. BISD apparently has not learned from that lesson. The fact that Savaet has been there, been through the storm as interim coach, and if you ask anyone, 14-2, with a district title, and a quarterfinal round appearance is not too shabby, given the personnel and circumstances. It will be an absolute failure on the part of BISD if they don't do the right thing.

Hey guys, I have held my silence long enough! Yes I am back on, and I HAD to speak on this topic. Hopefully, I can come back on and provide insight on certain things and not be such a villain on here.  Now:

1) This is a CLASSIC example of a school district that has been divided by a board and their personalities. Savaet was called and told that he was going to be announced as head coach at the board meeting because USUALLY board members do not REALLY get into the hiring process as they have. NORMALLY they go with the people who have gone through the actual process, and approve it. NORMALLY.  These guys REALLY feel like THEY are the ones to make the hire. They should conduct the interviews then. They are as uneducated in this process as the school custodian, yet they are able to make this sort of call on such a big hire. ITS JUST WRONG.

2) Everyone is proclaiming that Joubert is the guy for the spot, and not only is that unfair to him, but its not accurate.  The principal urged a couple of board members to re-consider, because Joubert had not put his name in for the job. THATS the REAL hold up.  People in the coaching community knew that Marquis Savaet was the guy for the job, which is why most coaches just backed off. A few decided to test the waters and see what would happen, which is OK too.  As a friend and former co-worker of Marquis, its just something that as a coach, I would never do, but thats just me. To each, his own. 

I am certain that for a lot of coaches, Ozen would be a dream job. However, its not a job that EVERYONE can handle. Don't believe me? Just ask a couple of football coaches that have come and gone. Remember when everyone thought that Thomas Brooks was the answer? All they had to do was leave Arthur Louis alone and the football program would have continued to thrive. BISD apparently has not learned from that lesson. That fact that Savaet has been there, been through the storm as interim coach, and if you ask anyone, 14-2, with a district title, and a quarterfinal round appearance is not too shabby, given the personnel and circumstances. It will be an absolute failure on the part of BISD if they don't do the right thing.

The board does have the right to accept or reject any candidate. That is their job just as it is the custodians job to clean---like it or not DickyV that is part of the process.

Guest DickVitale

I am certain that for a lot of coaches, Ozen would be a dream job. However, its not a job that EVERYONE can handle. Don't believe me? Just ask a couple of football coaches that have come and gone. Remember when everyone thought that Thomas Brooks was the answer? All they had to do was leave Arthur Louis alone and the football program would have continued to thrive. BISD apparently has not learned from that lesson. That fact that Savaet has been there, been through the storm as interim coach, and if you ask anyone, 14-2, with a district title, and a quarterfinal round appearance is not too shabby, given the personnel and circumstances. It will be an absolute failure on the part of BISD if they don't do the right thing.

The board does have the right to accept or reject any candidate. That is their job just as it is the custodians job to clean---like it or not DickyV that is part of the process.

Absolutely, it IS their right, but what is the reason here? Savaet went 14-2, and held up the program in the absence of a legend.  He is a great person, a good coach, and has paid his dues IN BISD!...WHY would the board exercise that right in THIS situation? PERSONAL AXES TO GRIND. UNPROFESSIONAL.

Too much politicking and not enough fact building.  Truth of the matter is that once the position was closed and the coaches were told that they were finalist... That should have been it.  Once they called Marquis to offer him the job, that should have been it.

To resend the offer without a good reason in unethical.  To re-open the process with applicants down to the final cut is unethical.  The only reason one should stop the process and start over again is if background information shows up that is against BISD policy.  Or if somehow the credentials are inaccurate.

Guest DickVitale

Too much politicking and not enough fact building.  Truth of the matter is that once the position was closed and the coaches were told that they were finalist... That should have been it.  Once they called Marquis to offer him the job, that should have been it.

To resend the offer without a good reason in unethical.  To re-open the process with applicants down to the final cut is unethical.  The only reason one should stop the process and start over again is if background information shows up that is against BISD policy.  Or if somehow the credentials are inaccurate.

B-I-N-G-O!!!! 8)

Guest DickVitale

Just remember what I said: The Ozen job is not for just ANYBODY.  There are few jobs in Texas that can say that about their programs. FW Dunbar (basketball), WO-S (football), Houston Wheatley (basketball), Katy (football), Hardin-Jefferson (basketball), Odessa Permian (football), Duncanville (basketball) just to name a few of the few! They are special types of jobs heavily involving the community, that carry HIGH PRESSURE...Its not for everyone.

Guest DickVitale

Thanks Lazeek, Bobcat05 and shortt.....It was KILLING not responding! KILLING me!!! :D

I have decided to use the Nostradamus approach and tell it like it is, with smart discretion! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder