Any other schools getting a new stadium?

Guest ST4life

Guest ST4life

What other schools are lookin to get a better stadium?

I know that PNG & Dayton have the best 4a stadium around do you think the other 4a teams are going to try and match that?

maybe Lumberton or Nederland?

Silsbee has the best 3a stadium I know of so is anybody in 3a going to build a new one?

I know that PNG & Dayton have the best 4a stadium around do you think the other 4a teams are going to try and match that?

Silsbee has the best 3a stadium I know of so is anybody in 3a going to build a new one?

I had heard that if Lumberton went to the playoffs in the upcoming season, that the administration said then it would be time for them to put a phoneline in their pressbox finally. ;) ;D

No doubt, Silsbee does have a very nice stadium.

Guest tigersvoice

my alzheimer`s  might be kicking in, but the last time i went to lumberton, i think they had a really nice new stadium.  i could be nuts but that`s the way i rememder it.  

Well speveto, you may be right.  When did you last go to Lumberton?  If it was long enought ago the stadium may have been new. ;D

Nederland will look to make improvements at Bulldog Stadium in their next bond election. (Field turf, stadium seating, new press box, and bathroom facilities.) But, to tell you the truth, with those two practice fields they have at the high school, plus a field for the band to practice on, I really don't know why they have had so much trouble through the years getting a stadium at the high school campus. The field right behind the performing arts center would make a great stadium area, there would be plenty of parking, etc ... I scratch my head at that all the time.

As for a new stadium in Vidor? HA,HA,HA,HA! Let's see, my daughter is four now so maybe one day when I become a grandfather, some 20 to 25 years down the road, the voters in Vidor MIGHT pass a bond issue to build a new stadium. Yes, it looks about that bad. They say they support our kids, but if you look at the present fieldhouse and stadium then you know that they are all talk. They won't even vote on field turf. A whole new stadium? Again: HA,HA,HA,HA! They are content with stands and bathroom facilities that look like they were built in the 1980s down here in the swamp. (SIGH!)

tigersvoice:this is the way i remember it.  the first time i went to lumberton was about 1995.  the stadium looked like it was 100 years old.  the last time i went to lumberton was about 2001.  they had a all new beautiful facility.  it reminded me of silsbee, who has a grate stadium.  i`ve been delusional before,  but this is how i remember it.

I must say that of all the local 4A's Vidor has the worst facilities followed closely by Lumberton. But at least Lumberton has a good parking lot!

To answer the question of the post with another question, didn't the bond in BMT pass for a new joint facility? If so what is the time frame? Will be interesting to see what they come up with for those three schools to share. I heard it would be located out on I10 near Ford Park.

tigersvoice:this is the way i remember it.  the first time i went to lumberton was about 1995.  the stadium looked like it was 100 years old.  the last time i went to lumberton was about 2001.  they had a all new beautiful facility.  it reminded me of silsbee, who has a grate stadium.  i`ve been delusional before,  but this is how i remember it.

WRONG!

I agree with Rusted on Vidors stadium, it looks more like a poor 1a schools facilities. It's ashamed considering they used to be 5a and the parking there is atrocious. Lumberton has a great stadium if you ask me, where else can you walk the entire length of the sideline along the fence, no where that I know of. All Lumberton needs in my opinion is a new field house where the exercise equipment, training rooms and the locker rooms are in the same building. Although, I would go with another steel building though, as those are easier to tear down and replace. We could also use a new and better scoreboard. The turf, unless EVERYONE else is going artificial should remain like it is. I would almost bet that the next bond issue that comes up will have something in it for new athletic facilities. Anyone else build a new stadium should follow L-Towns example, raise the stands to about 4-1/2 or 5 feet high and put a sidewalk the entire length of the field in front of the stands. there's nothing better than watching a game by following your team up and down the field.

I agree with Rusted on Vidors stadium, it looks more like a poor 1a schools facilities. It's ashamed considering they used to be 5a and the parking there is atrocious. Lumberton has a great stadium if you ask me, where else can you walk the entire length of the sideline along the fence, no where that I know of. All Lumberton needs in my opinion is a new field house where the exercise equipment, training rooms and the locker rooms are in the same building. Although, I would go with another steel building though, as those are easier to tear down and replace. We could also use a new and better scoreboard. The turf, unless EVERYONE else is going artificial should remain like it is. I would almost bet that the next bond issue that comes up will have something in it for new athletic facilities. Anyone else build a new stadium should follow L-Towns example, raise the stands to about 4-1/2 or 5 feet high and put a sidewalk the entire length of the field in front of the stands. there's nothing better than watching a game by following your team up and down the field.

From a broadcaster's perspective, please have them put at least a phone line in the pressbox, but preferably get ethernet or wifi up there. It is the only pressbox in Southeast Texas that doesn't have at least a phone line.

BISD's stadium will begin work this year.  This will be the Jewel of SETX. 

Have they released any design info? I bet it will be nice. I would love to see something built into a hill on either side like Silsbee or Tully Stadium (of course they'd have to build the hill ;D).

It is nice, but it's time for an update.  How about a real scoreboard with video and stereo?  And might as well put in some field turf while they are at it.  That would like great inside that nice track!

Guest ST4life

It is nice, but it's time for an update.  How about a real scoreboard with video and stereo?  And might as well put in some field turf while they are at it.  That would like great inside that nice track!

I agree........ If Silsbee would get Turf, bigger & better scoreboard and a more updated sound sytem it would be the best stadiums in SETX

I know that Dayton and PNG are way bigger but Silsbee's stadium just has a unique style to it...........

With money the way that it is stadiums need to be on the backburner.  I know they are great and exciting to look at and watch a game in, but with schools struggling to get funding, folks losing jobs or struggling to make ends meet the focus should be using those resources on students in the classroom IMO.

From a broadcaster's perspective, please have them put at least a phone line in the pressbox, but preferably get ethernet or wifi up there. It is the only pressbox in Southeast Texas that doesn't have at least a phone line.

No lie...even Kville has a phone line...after we repaired it....may sound crazy but the wireless doesn't do well everytime Kville scores...that dang train horn cuts the signal...just as jtownstar, triska, and jdawg.

Woodvilles pressbox does not have phone lines either.  When we were broadcasting their games we had to go wireless, which sometimes were good and sometimes were bad.

Yep...we had to broadcast the 2 Kville games their this yr with cell phones upside down so we could talk into the mic better.

East Chambers finished their stadium this past football season with new visitor and home seating, new pressbox, new concessiong stands.  And i heard something about new turf, not sure what kind of turf though.  They are also resurfacing the track. Nice facility for a small school.

Way out of SETX but Denver City, TX just passed a huge bond for a new sports complex (stadium, fieldhouse, locker rooms, etc...).  Budgeted at about $35MM.  For a school district with less than 1,000 students that will make it a nice facility.  Gotta love school districts taking advantage of $140/barrel oil prices as Denver City is out in the Permian Basin south of Midland.

BISD's stadium will begin work this year.  This will be the Jewel of SETX. 

Have they released any design info? I bet it will be nice. I would love to see something built into a hill on either side like Silsbee or Tully Stadium (of course they'd have to build the hill ;D).

will break ground this month. The design has been released. Drop by the BISD board room where it's on display.Truely a show piece

Nederland will look to make improvements at Bulldog Stadium in their next bond election. (Field turf, stadium seating, new press box, and bathroom facilities.) But, to tell you the truth, with those two practice fields they have at the high school, plus a field for the band to practice on, I really don't know why they have had so much trouble through the years getting a stadium at the high school campus. The field right behind the performing arts center would make a great stadium area, there would be plenty of parking, etc ... I scratch my head at that all the time.

From what I have heard the plan is to do some improvements on the existing stadium this year, and then have a second phase of the bond in 6 or 7 years and build a new stadium at the high school, probably in the pasture between Canal and the practice fields.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton is adding more bleachers on the home and vistor sides this offseason, also adding a second floor to the pressbox on home and visitor side.

With money the way that it is stadiums need to be on the backburner.  I know they are great and exciting to look at and watch a game in, but with schools struggling to get funding, folks losing jobs or struggling to make ends meet the focus should be using those resources on students in the classroom IMO.

True reality check.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder