Who WINS..... Sulpher Springs or Dayton????

Who wins State?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins State?

• Sulpher Springs
    • Dayton

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton's cinderella season ends Saturday!!

Cinderella season?  LMFAO.....Listen, I'm sorry you guys can't compete in your districts year in and year out, please don't blame that on us.  If there was anyone that was having a cinder'fn'rella season i believe it would be SS.  May the best Dayton team win.

Here is my prediction:

Dayton Broncos: 31

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Did you see the Everman game?  Doesn't sound like it.  You're right about the Longview game.  In fact, partial thanks to the Lobos for changing our season.

This is the hidden content, please

The Bulldogs played without starting quarterback Marcus McAdoo for much of the second and third quarter after he went out with a right ankle sprain. Without him, the Bulldogs made three key mistakes.

Everman was starting their 2nd string QB for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  The score when McAdoo (starting QB) was hurt was Everman 21-SS 7.  

I am not trying to take away the excitement of victory for you guys, just stating that when the Everman QB got hurt Everman was up by 14 and when the starter got back in there Everman was down 33-28.  Sometimes things just shake out that way.  And believe me, I know you guys were big underdogs going into that game.  Dayton also has been underdogs it seems throughout the season so I would like to apologize for some of the Dayton fans that have been acting like idiots.  

If I had my choice of playing either an underdog that was silent or an underdog that was running its mouth, I would be a little intimidated by the quiet ones.

Hmm...  Good point.  But injuries are part of the game....  Especially when they are caused by a punishing D.

An ankle sprain caused by a punshing "D' that's giving up, how many points a game  ??? More than likely caused by the grass/turf.  ;)

You're right...  We gave up 35 to the number 2 ranked team in the state....  hmm...  Who is number 1....  Oh that's right Dayton's beloved friends the Lake Travis Cavaliers.....  Think about it.

I guess that explains one game  ???

Your offense is very good, your defense is horrible.

Man, some SS folks really have their panties in a bunch...we're here from a super-tough region that's much better than yours.  Almost seems as though you feel you're "more worthy" of being here than the bunch from Dayton.  Go ask Bay City and La Marque who their toughest games were against during their state championship runs...

We've already had the Alamodome pre-stock the visitors side with Kleenex so you won't have to look far to find them on Saturday at 5:00.

ill say without because everman is mostly a running team

QB's don't run ?  ;)

I'm SETexas...I think you know my answer...Dayton Broncos.  ;D

I wish I could make it to San Antonio. This should be great game to watch...lots of offense.

yea me to i go to bh and i saw dayton play a couple times this year and i have seen alot of film on everman and im a bronco supporter but everman had a better d then dayton not taking anything away from dayton because they are a great team and im not even saying they cant win this game because they have a good chance to write state champs on the water tower but i dont think that they can hold ss to below what they put up on everman i believe this is gonna be a high scoring game maybe 56-49 either way o and ss qb can run to so daytons gonna have to watch out for that to

from The Baytown Sun

They call him “Ty-REEK the Freak†and Dayton head football coach Jerry Stewart isn’t about to argue.

“In my 33 years, he may be the best I’ve ever seen,†Stewart said about Sulphur Springs quarterback Tyrik Rollison after he and his Broncos coaches had already spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to stop the Wildcats.

We here in Dayton don't talk alot of smake...We give credit where credit is due.......Here is an article one of OUR local papers had to say about the SS Team......Even the Bronco Head Coach said great things about YOUR QB........So read and CHILL...

‘Best I’ve ever seen’

By Nick Cioci

The Baytown Sun  

Published December 18, 2008

They call him “Ty-REEK the Freak†and Dayton head football coach Jerry Stewart isn’t about to argue.

“In my 33 years, he may be the best I’ve ever seen,†Stewart said about Sulphur Springs quarterback Tyrik Rollison after he and his Broncos coaches had already spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to stop the Wildcats.

“He’s very accurate, he’s got a rifle and he’s got one wicked quick delivery,†Stewart said of the senior who is ranked No. 58 in the nation among all recruits by rivals.com.

Dayton and Sulphur Springs face off Saturday at 2 p.m. in San Antonio’s Alamodome for the Class 4A Division II state championship.

It’s the first-ever state championship game for both schools.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Rollison has thrown for 4,315 yards on 291-of-398 passing for 49 touchdowns while only throwing 15 interceptions and being sacked only 27 times this year.

“The first year I was here, he was only a sophomore and splitting time with another guy at that position,†Wildcats third-year head coach Greg Owens said. “He won that job by the end of the year and has been able to mature a lot since then.

“He has a tremendously strong arm and great pocket presence and field awareness that he just knows when to get rid of the ball. He is a tremendous leader for us.â€

Along with his arm, Rollison has also been able to run for 961 yards and 11 more touchdowns this year on 153 carries.

Along with Rollison, running back Ryan Young has also helped the offense to their first 13-win season in school history.

“He has helped us bring a balanced attack to the field,†Owens said. “He has been able to rush for over 2,000 yards this year while also having close to 800 receiving yards. He has allowed us to break him out as a fifth receiver and also use him in pass protection.â€

Owens feels that along with Young, the offensive line gaining a year of experience has helped Rollison become a better quarterback this year.

“The offensive line last year was comprised of four sophomores and a junior and this year we now have four juniors and a senior so they have just gotten better with age,†he said. “Rollison knows he will get protection from those guys and Young so he knows he can step up in the pocket and throw the ball.â€

May the best team win

HAVE TO BELIEVE

GO BRONCOS

im sure it makes him happy that people are refering to him as "radio"

High class fans. I guess that makes you feel good to cut a kid down. I don't think yall have a chance and I will continue to say that but you will never hear me single out one of your kids and try to bewittle them. Truly Classless! I bet youe Momma is proud!

See all the posts in last week's lead-up to Friendswood/LT.  Don't give the other team any bulletin board material...

What do you mean Bulletin board material ???

I'm sure it makes him happy that people are referring to him as "radio"

High class fans. I guess that makes you feel good to cut a kid down. I don't think y'all have a chance and I will continue to say that but you will never hear me single out one of your kids and try to belittle them. Truly Classless! I bet your Momma is proud!

Have you not been here for the past few days...this is an anything goes board.  Feel free to single out our kids and belittle or deride them...they've been called way worse by far better.

There's a spell check button down at the bottom...use it.

im sure it makes him happy that people are refering to him as "radio"

High class fans. I guess that makes you feel good to cut a kid down. I don't think yall have a chance and I will continue to say that but you will never hear me single out one of your kids and try to bewittle them. Truly Classless! I bet youe Momma is proud!

i didnt call him radio im not even from dayton i was just saying that i dont think he would appreciate ppl calling him that

just a side note... not all dayton fans are belittling him. He's obviously got the goods and his numbers are just plain scary. My last post, this thread has really gotten ridiculous... glad the mods cleaned it up a little.

Good luck this saturday.

yeah people were getting a little stupid on here yesterday.... :-\

See all the posts in last week's lead-up to Friendswood/LT. Don't give the other team any bulletin board material...

What do you mean Bulletin board material ???

Don't say anything that can be used by the other team for extra motivation.  Call someone out in the paper and you can be assured that it's up on their bulletin board all week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex