Who WINS..... Sulpher Springs or Dayton????

Who wins State?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins State?

• Sulpher Springs
    • Dayton

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an email I received from Travis Stewart at texasfootball.com

Yeah, pretty much all of us were wrong! Dayton has impressed all year long, and with the way both Cody Green and AJ Dugat are playing … it’s going to be tough to argue with the Broncos. The dual between Green and SS QB Tyrik Rollison is maybe the best in state all year!

Good luck!

T

Points allowed by SS defense this year :

Dayton may hang triple digits on these guys.  ;D

Yeah right.  Dayton isn't in at least 5 of those teams' class.

I'll respectfully disagree with that. With Green and Dugat, they may be in anybone's class.

Yeah, pretty much all of us were wrong! Dayton has impressed all year long, and with the way both Cody Green and AJ Dugat are playing … it’s going to be tough to argue with the Broncos. The dual between Green and SS QB Tyrik Rollison is maybe the best in state all year!

Good luck!

T

ALSO I MIGHT ADD..............

On Wednesday morning, Dec. 17th at approximately 11:30 a.m. the Dayton Bronco football team, head football coach Jerry Stewart and coaching staff were presented with a plaque honoring them as the Dave Campbell Texas Football Army Strong Team of the Week.

;D

Those two just stand out because they're usually the best players on the field.  Those un-heralded 5 guys up front are some of the best I've ever seen.  45 NG is one tough kid...21 may hit harder than anyone I've ever seen at the high school level.  No slouches anywhere...just not recognized as much!

Those two just stand out because they're usually the best players on the field.  Those un-heralded 5 guys up front are some of the best I've ever seen.  45 NG is one tough kid...21 may hit harder than anyone I've ever seen at the high school level.  No slouches anywhere...just not recognized as much!

That's alright....let him think there's only two.

That's alright....let him think there's only two.

That's all we've played with all year??  SS likes to keep things fair.  ::)

Here is my prediction:

Dayton Broncos: 31

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Did you see the Everman game?  Doesn't sound like it.  You're right about the Longview game.  In fact, partial thanks to the Lobos for changing our season.

This is the hidden content, please

The Bulldogs played without starting quarterback Marcus McAdoo for much of the second and third quarter after he went out with a right ankle sprain. Without him, the Bulldogs made three key mistakes.

Everman was starting their 2nd string QB for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  The score when McAdoo (starting QB) was hurt was Everman 21-SS 7.  

I am not trying to take away the excitement of victory for you guys, just stating that when the Everman QB got hurt Everman was up by 14 and when the starter got back in there Everman was down 33-28.  Sometimes things just shake out that way.  And believe me, I know you guys were big underdogs going into that game.  Dayton also has been underdogs it seems throughout the season so I would like to apologize for some of the Dayton fans that have been acting like idiots.  

If I had my choice of playing either an underdog that was silent or an underdog that was running its mouth, I would be a little intimidated by the quiet ones.

Guest 5starboss

Good luck!

T

ALSO I MIGHT ADD..............

On Wednesday morning, Dec. 17th at approximately 11:30 a.m. the Dayton Bronco football team, head football coach Jerry Stewart and coaching staff were presented with a plaque honoring them as the Dave Campbell Texas Football Army Strong Team of the Week.

;D

Congrats,

SS was chosen in week 2 for the same thing after beating WFRider...

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=2086

Here is my prediction:

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Did you see the Everman game?  Doesn't sound like it.  You're right about the Longview game.  In fact, partial thanks to the Lobos for changing our season.

The Bulldogs played without starting quarterback Marcus McAdoo for much of the second and third quarter after he went out with a right ankle sprain. Without him, the Bulldogs made three key mistakes.

Everman was starting their 2nd string QB for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  The score when McAdoo (starting QB) was hurt was Everman 21-SS 7.  

I am not trying to take away the excitement of victory for you guys, just stating that when the Everman QB got hurt Everman was up by 14 and when the starter got back in there Everman was down 33-28.  Sometimes things just shake out that way.  And believe me, I know you guys were big underdogs going into that game.  Dayton also has been underdogs it seems throughout the season so I would like to apologize for some of the Dayton fans that have been acting like idiots.  

If I had my choice of playing either an underdog that was silent or an underdog that was running its mouth, I would be a little intimidated by the quiet ones.

Hmm...  Good point.  But injuries are part of the game....  Especially when they are caused by a punishing D.

Here is my prediction:

Hmm...  Good point.  But injuries are part of the game....  Especially when they are caused by a punishing D.

Very well put

Does #8 play both ways?  Be nice.

civil maybe  ---  nice is asking a little to much--- we have a couple of guys that go both  ways ( don't get any ideas were talking on football field )#8 AJ DUGAT has made two game winning interceptions in the playoffs thus far )

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder