Who WINS..... Sulpher Springs or Dayton????

Who wins State?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins State?

• Sulpher Springs
    • Dayton

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS's elected to go on yella dogs to all of their playoff games so far as well.  They decided to go to this one first class.  It will be fun.  I think they are stopping at UT to practice on the way.  

Let me guess. fridaynightlights and sstexasfootballfan rodeo the SHORT bus and followed the team.

LMFAO....LMFAO....I would be willing to bet that guess is true....LMFAO

Here is my prediction:

Dayton Broncos: 31

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

Since you are so in to stats......how bout the points allowed by each defensive team of the Broncos and Wildcats....looked at those lately?

Here is my prediction:

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Here is my prediction:

Since you are so in to stats......how bout the points allowed by each defensive team of the Broncos and Wildcats....looked at those lately?

Absolutely.  You can attribute that into quality of opponent.  You cannot deny that SS has played much better teams.

Here is my prediction:

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Very well said Lobo.......thank you!

I do believe this will be a great game and is going to come down to key plays made by the defense.....GO BRONCOS!!!

Here is my prediction:

Absolutely.  You can attribute that into quality of opponent.  You cannot deny that SS has played much better teams.

You got that WRONG! I'm denying it, right here, right now!  Dayton has better stats in regards to defense.......end of story!

Here is my prediction:

Did you see the Everman game?  Doesn't sound like it.  You're right about the Longview game.  In fact, partial thanks to the Lobos for changing our season.

Here is my prediction:

You got that WRONG! I'm denying it, right here, right now!  Dayton has better stats in regards to defense.......end of story!

I guess if denial gets you thru the nights.  But reality is gonna hit on Saturday.  Sorry.

Here is my prediction:

Against average teams SS scores alot of points : against good teams SS chokes,hence their 2 losses and Saturday SS will experiece their "3" and out final loss----now wheres that Teddy Bear --

Here is my prediction:

I guess if denial gets you thru the nights.  But reality is gonna hit on Saturday.  Sorry.

I'm just pointing out a fact that you said earlier was key in determining the game, remember? Stats? or is stats only important when they are positive for you?

I wish I could hang a bit longer and bicker back and forth with ya but I gotta run.....it's been fun and will be oh so much more fun come Sunday!!!!  Can't freaking wait!!!!

Here is my prediction:

Against average teams SS scores alot of points : against good teams SS chokes,hence their 2 losses and Saturday SS will experiece their "3" and out final loss----now wheres that Teddy Bear --

Not true Look at our last three victories...  Against previously unbeaten opponents.  SS put up 42, 52, and 47.  Stats count, just use them in context.  An East Texan Educated boy can understand that much.

heres the broncos in article..........

The road to the State Finals

By Roy Besch, Sports Editor

2008 Broncos football season revisited

Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine said it first. There on page 257 of its annual pigskin review, the sentence read "Now, 2008 could be the year of the Bronco."

It certainly has been.

The Broncos are on the threshold of recording its greatest football season in school history. Already they have surpassed previous levels of success on the gridiron.

Not before last Saturday's dramatic 31-28 victory over Kerrville Tivy, had any Dayton High football team advanced beyond the state semifinals.

Taking a look back from whence they came is well worth the trip.

Two-a-days and questions to be addressed

In August, prior to the beginning of two-a-day workouts , the biggest question mark was whether or not senior quarterback Cody Green would recover sufficiently from his 2007 season-ending ankle injury.

His rehabilitation had been slow and there were doubts if he could pick up where he had left off the previous season.

There was also grave concern for the team's outlook after it was reported that five members of the Bronco defensive unit had broken team rules and were removed from the squad.

Despite the questions and dismissals of players, Texas Football Magazine had listed the Broncos as the team to beat within District 19-4A and squarely placed the proverbial target on their backs by rating them as the No. 4 team in Class 4A in their pre-season poll.

Several doubters were silenced in the opening game of the season Aug. 29 as the Broncos destroyed Bay City, 35-7

Quarterback Green accumulated 276 of his team's 342 total yards. The 6-4 senior completed 23 of his 31 passes that accounted for five touchdowns.

Wide receiver A.J. Dugat had 10 receptions for 117 yards and two touchdowns.

First loss and dealing with Ike

The second week of the football season was a busy time for the Broncos as they prepared for what promised to be a stern test from area-ranked Friendswood, a talented group led by a Division I college quarterback prospect.

Friendswood QB Jacob Karam, who had committed to Texas Tech, picked the Broncos apart with a 397-yard aerial attack that included 29 pass completions in 41 tries.

Green gave a gallant effort, finishing with 263 yards through the air with Dugat responsible for 153 yards. Friendswood prevailed, 42-21

All of Southeast Texas took cover before the third Friday night of football because of a massive Hurricane named Ike.

On Sept. 13, its powerful wind forces ravished the Texas Gulf Coast, doing substantial damage and forcing school closings. Dayton would not resume its schedule for 25 days.

District 19-4A gets underway

After having only a limited number of workouts due to the aftermath of Hurricane Ike and re-working the district schedule to accommodate playoff schedules, the Broncos finally got its season back on track Sept 30.

They opened District 19-4A play on a Tuesday night in Baytown against new school, Goose Creek Memorial. The Broncos won this one, going away, 49-0.

Four days later, the Broncos hosted North Forest, the recently combined schools from Smiley and Forest Brook.

Green rushed for three touchdowns and passed for three more as the Broncos won 48-30.

Still playing an altered schedule, the Broncos stampeded old rival, Crosby, as Green and Dugat combined for seven scores en route to Dayton's 49-14 Homecoming win. Dugat scored four touchdowns.

In successive outings, the Broncos continued its dominance with 19-4A foes, walloping Barbers Hill, 46-13 and Galena Park, 40-7, to set up a showdown of district unbeatens with C.E. King.

The "showdown" (which clinched the district title for Dayton) turned into a rout, with the Broncos blowing past the Panthers, 46-7.

A week later, the regular season ended with Dayton scalping another new school, Kingwood Park, 41-0.

On to the playoffs

For the second consecutive year, the Broncos faced Livingston, but this time the Lions proved a lot stronger than in '07.

But the end results were the same, as Dayton collected a "W" via way of a 39-28 decision.

The Broncos got a rare opportunity to host a playoff game at Bronco Stadium in its second round playoff match with Elgin.

Coach Jerry Stewart won the coin toss for the home-and-home flip and rewarded Bronco fans with a home appearance and a 42-14 win.

In the third round playoff game, the Broncos traveled to Woodforest Bank Stadium in the Woodlands area.

Rosenberg Terry offered some strong resistance, but the Bronco defense, led by Dylan Bethea (11 tackles) and Chad Stapleton (10 tackles), held back the charging Rangers.

Dugat picked off a late-game pass to squash any hopes of a Terry comeback. Dayton won, 28-13.

For their quarterfinals playoff game, the Broncos drew a very good Brenham team and battled them at Rhodes Stadium in Katy on Dec. 6.

The Broncos built a solid 35-7 lead by halftime and allowed substitutes to gain valuable playing time in the second half, Brenham called time out in the final 11 seconds to score a meaningless touchdown.

Somehow 42-21 is still a solid win no matter who scored last.

Most exciting game

In the Broncos semifinal victory last weekend at Georgetown over the powerful Kerrville Tivy Antlers, a late-game scoring frenzy by Dayton pulled out a 31-28 victory.

With the game tied at 28-28, the Antlers had control of the football with just under two minutes remaining.

The game changed its course dramatically as Tivy quarterback Colton Palmer threw a pass to wide receiver Matt Ayala at the Bronco 38.

Dugat went high in the air and wrestled the ball away from the startled Antler and proceeded through Tivy defenders back to the 18. Two carries by Dugat put the ball at the Tivy 7.

With just four second remaining, the Broncos called time out to prepare for a 24-yard field goal attempt (their first of the season) by Green.

Kerrville called a time out moments later to try and ice Green. It didn't work.

Cody drilled the ball perfectly through the uprights with room to spare, giving the Broncos the semifinals victory.

And now there's just one last remaining foe, and its Sulphur Springs.

The Wildcats of District 13-4A have compiled some impressive wins to earn their trip for Saturday's showdown at 2 p.m. in the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Hold on, Bronco fans, the ride's not over yet! :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Now where in the heck has this been...It took till Wednesday to get the trash talkin' started...

HALF THE TOWN OF DAYTON??  UH REMEMBER THAT WHOLE I WAS HAVING SURGERY THING.  WELL I WENT TO WALGREENS DURING THE GAME (while listening on shine all nine of course) AND I DID NOT PASS ONE SINGLE CAR GOING TO AND FROM WALGREENS ON A SATURDAY NIGHT.  HALF THE TOWN...PFFFFHHHH.

Here is my prediction:

Not true Look at our last three victories...  Against previously unbeaten opponents.  SS put up 42, 52, and 47.  Stats count, just use them in context.  An East Texan Educated boy can understand that much.

You can paperwhip us all day long--Tivy did the same thing (and they were more than likely a better team than SS ) BS is cheap see ya at the game where reality wins out over fantasy...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder