Who WINS..... Sulpher Springs or Dayton????

Who wins State?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins State?

• Sulpher Springs
    • Dayton

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your QB (who obviously has the best viewpoint of the field from behind the center) calls all the plays as they're running up to the line.  If that's the case...great...it'll be interesting test for our boys conditioning... I'm growing more confident about our chances the more I learn.

So your QB (who obviously has the best viewpoint of the field from behind the center) calls all the plays as they're running up to the line.  If that's the case...great...it'll be interesting test for our boys conditioning... I'm growing more confident about our chances the more I learn.

LMAO......I second that....keep talking SS...

hay guys over in sulpher springs you sound like a bunch of little kids playing in your toy box.you can talk all day long how BIG and FAST and all the powerhouse teams you played this year lol lol but i know better as most of the fans in dayton know also ,so stop blowing smoke.come this weekend you guys there in ss will see what east texas football is all about this should be a very close game. my best to both teams

Or maybe we can set the personal foul record for one game...I still can't figure out what the heck that kid was thinking getting his CHEST STEPPED ON.  Blow to the head, facemask, and chest stepped on when you're getting off the ground...all unforgivable personal fouls...

Well, you know we're all just a bunch of thugs anyways!  8)

Here is my prediction:

Dayton Broncos: 31

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Did you see the Everman game?  Doesn't sound like it.  You're right about the Longview game.  In fact, partial thanks to the Lobos for changing our season.

This is the hidden content, please

The Bulldogs played without starting quarterback Marcus McAdoo for much of the second and third quarter after he went out with a right ankle sprain. Without him, the Bulldogs made three key mistakes.

Everman was starting their 2nd string QB for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  The score when McAdoo (starting QB) was hurt was Everman 21-SS 7.  

I am not trying to take away the excitement of victory for you guys, just stating that when the Everman QB got hurt Everman was up by 14 and when the starter got back in there Everman was down 33-28.  Sometimes things just shake out that way.  And believe me, I know you guys were big underdogs going into that game.  Dayton also has been underdogs it seems throughout the season so I would like to apologize for some of the Dayton fans that have been acting like idiots.  

If I had my choice of playing either an underdog that was silent or an underdog that was running its mouth, I would be a little intimidated by the quiet ones.

Hmm...  Good point.  But injuries are part of the game....  Especially when they are caused by a punishing D.

An ankle sprain caused by a punshing "D' that's giving up, how many points a game  ??? More than likely caused by the grass/turf.  ;)

UT-bound QB takes AP's top player honors in 4A

DALLAS — Lake Travis High School quarterback Garrett Gilbert has been named the offensive player of the year on the Associated Press Sports Editors Class 4A all-state team.

Dayton receiver A.J. Dugat and Texas City linebacker Glenn Sumney also made the first team.

Lamar Consolidated offensive lineman Presley Godson, Friendswood receiver Andre Gautreaux and Brenham linebacker Trenton Thomas made the second team.

Gilbert is the No. 2-ranked pro-style quarterback in the country, according to the recruiting Web site rivals.com. The son of former NFL quarterback Gale Gilbert has orally committed to the Texas Longhorns. He headlined the 4A all-state team released Wednesday.

The 6-4, 205-pound senior completed 180 of 266 passes for 3,043 yards with an amazing ratio of 38 touchdowns and just two interceptions during the regular season.

Lake Travis is 15-0 and will play for the Class 4A Division I state championship against Longview on Saturday in Waco.

NOTHING BOUT THE SS BOYS..............info from chron.com.....AND THIS WAS FROM DALLAS...

AINT THAT YALLS AREA SS ?           ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAVE TO BELIEVE

GO BRONCOS

Actually the AP is made up from sports writers from all across the state of Texas. Every area of Texas has a vote on this. Congrats to your WR, that's quite a honor.

UT-bound QB takes AP's top player honors in 4A

DALLAS — Lake Travis High School quarterback Garrett Gilbert has been named the offensive player of the year on the Associated Press Sports Editors Class 4A all-state team.

Dayton receiver A.J. Dugat and Texas City linebacker Glenn Sumney also made the first team.

Lamar Consolidated offensive lineman Presley Godson, Friendswood receiver Andre Gautreaux and Brenham linebacker Trenton Thomas made the second team.

Gilbert is the No. 2-ranked pro-style quarterback in the country, according to the recruiting Web site rivals.com. The son of former NFL quarterback Gale Gilbert has orally committed to the Texas Longhorns. He headlined the 4A all-state team released Wednesday.

The 6-4, 205-pound senior completed 180 of 266 passes for 3,043 yards with an amazing ratio of 38 touchdowns and just two interceptions during the regular season.

Lake Travis is 15-0 and will play for the Class 4A Division I state championship against Longview on Saturday in Waco.

NOTHING BOUT THE SS BOYS..............info from chron.com.....AND THIS WAS FROM DALLAS...

AINT THAT YALLS AREA SS ?           ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAVE TO BELIEVE

GO BRONCOS

Actually the AP is made up from sports writers from all across the state of Texas. Every area of Texas has a vote on this. Congrats to your WR, that's quite a honor.

Oh my bad ;D

Here is my prediction:

Dayton Broncos: 31

Doubt it.  We're averaging 40+ per game against GOOD opponents.  Dayton is giving up an average of 16 against JV teams.  We'll hang 50.  To be fair, I think you have nailed Dayton's score.  ;D

To my knowledge Dayton has not played any JV teams.  If I were a Sulphur Springs fan I would be thanking my lucky stars that the Everman QB got hurt in your last game.  I am from Longview and I personally have seen SS get destroyed.  Nothing special with SS in my opinion.  You do have an exceptional QB and some receivers that catch the ball 90% of the time.  Most 4A teams have a hard time defending against the spread offense so I am sure you absolutely crushed most teams you faced.  Now you get to play another spread offensive team.  I am going to have to side with Dayton on this. 

Did you see the Everman game?  Doesn't sound like it.  You're right about the Longview game.  In fact, partial thanks to the Lobos for changing our season.

This is the hidden content, please

The Bulldogs played without starting quarterback Marcus McAdoo for much of the second and third quarter after he went out with a right ankle sprain. Without him, the Bulldogs made three key mistakes.

Everman was starting their 2nd string QB for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  The score when McAdoo (starting QB) was hurt was Everman 21-SS 7.  

I am not trying to take away the excitement of victory for you guys, just stating that when the Everman QB got hurt Everman was up by 14 and when the starter got back in there Everman was down 33-28.  Sometimes things just shake out that way.  And believe me, I know you guys were big underdogs going into that game.  Dayton also has been underdogs it seems throughout the season so I would like to apologize for some of the Dayton fans that have been acting like idiots.  

If I had my choice of playing either an underdog that was silent or an underdog that was running its mouth, I would be a little intimidated by the quiet ones.

Hmm...  Good point.  But injuries are part of the game....  Especially when they are caused by a punishing D.

An ankle sprain caused by a punshing "D' that's giving up, how many points a game  ??? More than likely caused by the grass/turf.  ;)

You're right...  We gave up 35 to the number 2 ranked team in the state....  hmm...  Who is number 1....  Oh that's right Dayton's beloved friends the Lake Travis Cavaliers.....  Think about it.

Sorry Bronco fans, your not better than Heath or Everman. You talk about the Everman QB going down hurting the team? You mean you can't find another guy to hand the ball off? They were a running team. The QB didn't throw that much all season.

Sorry but our region was much better than yours and I will be surprised if you are any better than Denison. Same smack talk but same result. This will get ugly quick.

Broncos = bills of the 90's. Come from a weaker division.

You are no La Marque from a few years ago.

Sorry Bronco fans, your not better than Heath or Everman. You talk about the Everman QB going down hurting the team? You mean you can't find another guy to hand the ball off? They were a running team. The QB didn't throw that much all season.

Sorry but our region was much better than yours and I will be surprised if you are any better than Denison. Same smack talk but same result. This will get ugly quick.

Broncos = bills of the 90's. Come from a weaker division.

You are no La Marque from a few years ago.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ever seen us play?

LOL LOL LOL LOL  :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck SS Wildcats!  May the best team win.

:D :D :D :D :D

Dayton: No titles, no appearances.

Like the 5A DI title game, someone is going to win a state championship for the first time in this weekend's 4A DII matchup. Though Dayton has 23 playoff appearances to its record, this season's postseason foray marks its 12th in a row, something few schools can claim. The Broncos can thank some long-awaited stability for that, as it had 13 coaches from 1961 to 1996. That seems like a long time, but when you compare that to the histories of coaches like Eddy Peach at Arlington Lamar, it suddenly seems like a coaching carousel. Anyways, since current coach Jerry Stewart took over in 1996, the Broncos have made the postseason every year, and with QB Cody Green and WR A.J. Dugat playing such good football, 2008 might be the year when Dayton finally breaks through.

Sulphur Springs: No titles, no appearances.

So far, Sulphur Springs is 0-for-20 when it comes to making championship games -- 20 playoff appearances, no title games. That's long odds. But with brilliant QB Tyrik Rollison, one of the state's best (actually, I think he's the No. 3 signal-caller in Texas) under center, the times are a'changin' out east. Where the program goes from here is anyone's question -- over the past five seasons, the Wildcats have been about as up-and-down a team as you're going to find -- three-loss seasons in 2003 and 2004, then a 5- and 8-loss season, then back to a two-loss one in 2007. This school hasn't actually maintained any forward momentum since the stretch from 1990 to 1995 -- could this year be a springboard back to dominance?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder