Credeur to LaMarque?

JS

Diamond-J you are entitled to your opinion...But I disagree. Maybe you are to close to see clearly. Do you live in Lumberton?

Exactly.

I do live in Lumberton.

The thing is...if we offer him a significant amount to stay then we would have to raise the pay for our principals and asst. principals. Not to mention our teachers and aides who are also underpaid. We are one of the lowest paid districts around. Even some of the smaller schools pay more than we do.

It goes without saying that we would like to keep him here. He is a hometown guy but is that enough to keep him here? Does he truly want to see his hometown do well or is he out for money?

I'm not saying that I don't think he should get a raise. Everyone who works for our district needs raises. That's the point. If we give him a significant raise to keep him, I just think it will cause hard feelings among some of the rest of the staff who do not see football as the number one reason they are there. They see educating our children as the reason they are there.

As much as we might want to keep him, we have to look at the big picture. I just don't see him getting a huge raise. But, then again, stranger things have happened.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would ONLY have to pay the principal more. He or she has to be the highest payed person on campus. But I do agree. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE in the district should get a raise!!!!

It's funny people don't blink an eye on spending extra money on hunting, fishing, or their lake house or beach house. Whatever they see as fun. But you try to squeeze a nickle out of them for school taxes that benefit their kids and they FREAK OUT!!!!!!

You would ONLY have to pay the principal more. He or she has to be the highest payed person on campus. But I do agree. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE in the district should get a raise!!!!

It's funny people don't blink an eye on spending extra money on hunting, fishing, or their lake house or beach house. Whatever they see as fun. But you try to squeeze a nickle out of them for school taxes that benefit their kids and they FREAK OUT!!!!!!

Yes, I understand that only the principal has to make more.

But pay for teachers is an issue here. That was my point. If we pay Credeur a huge amount more...I believe it may open a can of worms...we do not need to lose some of the good teachers we have.

Well, I like that he has deep roots in the community but that don't pay the bills or help your retirement!!!!

Maybe Lumberton will counter offer what La Marque does and all you people who love him so much can pass the Credeur Bill. Raise your school taxes 2% and pay all of those good teachers. Keep the can of worms closed and celebrate a better ALL AROUND DISTRICT!!!!

I am one that is willing to pay a little more in taxes to benefit the district.

We take pride in our schools. We do have good schools. Not perfect, but good.

To keep them that way we have to keep and be able to hire good teachers. Including Credeur.

I'm not saying that I want him to leave or that he shouldn't get a raise. The question is, how much of a raise can we give him? And if he gets one, what about the teachers and everyone else who works for our district? Are we, as a community willing to do this?

this is an ignorant statement, and isn't something i completely agree with..

but can teachers win football games? no.

this is texas, and football is king!

coaches always seem to make quite a bit more..

my mom is a teacher, so i do agree.. they deserve a raise.

but most if not all school districts pay there HC/AD more than the average teacher..

just how it goes.

I ran into a Lamarque Administrator last night--he said they are actively recuiting Credeur to come aboard

Its not lamarque its Jasper and there is interest both ways for ad/hc.  and yes Jasper will pay more than lumberton.

And you know that Jasper would pay more than Lumberton because...? You don't know that. I think it's hilarious that there are so many people coming on here acting like they know exactly what is going on and what will happen, etc. They know this & that because their inside sources told them so. Ha Ha, what a joke. Everyone wants to be a know it all.

Not that I'm a know it all but what exactly do you know about coaches moving jobs? I think it is hilarious that you think you know what you are talking about!!!!

Why do you think he would not go there to be a DC?

Trust me Maverick24 knows Coach C He may be the only one on here with Coach C's Cell # on speed dial!!!

You have his cell # on speed dial? Here you go talking about yourself again.

I havnt read the first 7 or 8 pages of this thread, but let me throw in my 2 cents in anyway. I went to HS w/ both of his kids, know the whole family.....He is NOT goin to leave cozy little Lumberton where he is loved, to a town like LaMarque where near perfection would be expected. This is NUTS! Just contrast the 2 cities....total 180. crazy

To all in Lumberton, throw the man a bone before someone else does.  If not, you'll wish you had.  I'm sure he'd like to stay, but didn't the community just vote against new turf for the stadium??  Just how committed is the community to a winning program?  ::) :-\

i think we proved you dont need turf to have a winning program?  ???

Plain and simple, LISD and the people of Lumberton have got to face the fact that they need to increase funds that are allocated to the school, not just for athletics but also for academics and facilities.

When class sizes are around 25-30, when teachers run out of desks for students to sit in, when teachers/coaches can go to smaller districts and receive better pay/benefits, when a School's entire athletic budget doesn't even compare to another school's(which is in the same district) budget purely allocated just for Football-then something needs to change.

Lumberton may be a 4A school but when it comes to facilities/pay/commitment to Athletics, Lumberton leaves alot to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Lumberton and wouldn't live anywhere else but if we want Credeur to be here long term then some things need to change. There will be many schools that will be looking at him now and over the next few years to assist or lead their respective programs.

He is an amazing man and the best motivator of young athletes that I have ever been around. He is the best person suited to lead the Raiders.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder